Create Account

S70 PT #5: The Grand Finale

philippe eko eel had a decent season considering the context - a third-pairing defenseman playing limited minutes behind defensive superstars like With The Check and Bingo Koivu and Puddles of Duck and Angus Mcvive is never going to put up insane season stats but eel showed some solid development. As he continues to get better and the legends ahead of him continue to age, those minutes and ice time will increase and the progress should continue. Without any special teams time, Eel continued his on ice skills and development in 5 on 5 situations to hone his craft. Rumor has it Eel will be focusing on offensive skills extensively in the offseason. slither on young eel do that training

This season eel tallied 30 points, an improvement over last season's 21. interestingly, Potential Spam had exactly 21 points this season, just like Eel did last season. @Roobacca this means you're a lock for 30 points next season as you continue to follow in my footsteps!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Andreas Kvalheim finished the season with a modest thirty seven points in sixty six games for his Texas Renegades. While this level of offensive production is certainly far from impressive, given that this was his twenty-fourth season in the SHL, Andreas was simply pleased to still be able to contribute at this level even as regression continues to chip away at his talent. In fact, his point total this year was even higher than those from the previous two seasons, though that may be because of the increase in scoring league wide and the improvement of his team in general. Andreas has always taken pride in playing a two-way game as well, and his defensive game hasn't taken as big of a hit as his offensive one. Andreas led his team in plus minus this year, and was even the only player to record a positive in this stat, which is clearly a good measure of two-way play.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Well shoot my 2nd season with William Tree has come to an end and I would say it was a pretty nice one despite my team not being able to achieve our main goal. This would've been the season for us to win it all but we came up short again sadly. I believe in us and we always have next season. My team the Maine Timber ended up not having exactly the regular season we were looking to have which sounds weird since we finish first in the smjhl with a record of 44-14-4 which we can't be mad at all. I wish we could've transfer it to the playoffs but we were knocked out in the 2nd round. My player William Tree himself ended up having a solid season on the ice. He would end up basically doing better in every single category than last season with goals being one where he scored 14 more goals than last szn. Also getting 20 more points than last season. I would say it was a successful season and i'm looking forward to next season with my boys.

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

[Image: smellingsalts.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Personally I had a great season, finally eclipsing the 40-goal mark for the first time in my career... hopefully not the last either. Setting a new high in points was fantastic as well, in addition to how the standings fell at the end. Just a great regular season overall. I'm not sure if any changes were made to the sim itself through sliders or something else, but scoring was WAY above average for just about everyone this season. Hopefully I can continue to put up as many goals / points in Season 71. For the playoffs, it was a massive disappointment falling to New England in the 2nd round. We have a far superior team, there is no clear reason why we lost that series. It just hurts in a lot of different ways, we outplayed them in all 7 games and ended up losing four of them.. they just got lucky when it really mattered.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

PBE

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=577693

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Personally, my season explosed my expectations. I had a record year in points and I did not expect it as i was regressing pretty hard. The team's balance of power within the lineup is starting to shift and it feels good to get to contribute as much as I used to and even more while I know the young guns are pushing to hold a bigger role on the team. I think I would have liked to create an upset against the forge during the playoffs as we have been upsetted in the past few seasons as well despite having a favorite status, but sim is gonna sim amiright. I think as a team, our season went well as well. Activity is a bit harder to maintain on the discord as I said the balance of power is shifting, palyers get less interested when they are deep in regression but I hope I can still contribute to a good activity level and incline my teamates to participate with me.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

play er promp tuh

ya ok so first of all the fact that you dont recognize the main champion of the plus and destroyer of the minus lenny hawk shows just how little the journalism crowd cares about the true hockey numbers now a days i do not regress and i do not miss expectations because with jebus on my side theres nothing that can get in my way this season went exactly as expected after dominating season sixty nine aka the most important season and winning it with the forge i went on a seven week bender that extended into the beginning of the season but do you think i cared nope lmao after being a pylon for a few weeks i got my gut to work and sharpened them elbows and started doing what i do best yep being on the ice when goals are scored and quickly jumping off when we do get scored on cause if theres anything ive learned its that i can be the best plus minus player in the league without much effort just dont get scored on lol

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

This season for my player was probably his best to date. After his smub on last years awards he took it personally to make it so there would be no doubt hes one of the top dman in the league. While he did achieve it and is sure to get a nomination this year, he unfortunately fell off towards the end and won't be able to compete for the trophy. That being said he is zoned in on the playoffs. After winning last year, philly wants to repeat and so far they have been doing a great job. My player has stepped up defensively and as a great support to fellow dman sam sam emerson, who has been on a scoring run recently. As for records, I do believe my player now has the highest points of a dman in franchise history, replacing teammate luc blouin at the top. This one will be without a doubt a season to remember

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 12:04 AM by brickwall35. Edited 1 time in total.)

S70 proved to be a disappointment for Brick Wall. Coming off a John McBride award win for the 2nd time in his career, Wall looked to replicate his season, and it certainly looked that way at first. The Pats went on a tear to start the season, getting a double digit win streak. But, inexplicably, the Montreal squad lost their grove and the dominance they had at season begining. They were still good enough to win the division, but it took them 6 games to knock off the lowly Steelhawks round 1. Round 2 saw a seesaw series, with the Pats managing to claw back from a 3-1 series deficit, but they lost game 7. Wall's regular and post season stats weren't great. If the Pats have any more chances at a cup, Wall has to step up his game. Maybe next year will finally be the year the Pats can finally put all thr pieces together.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

This was a pretty tough season, reflecting on the whole of how it went. Overall, the last few years of any career are the toughest. And this year was certainly the first year that it felt like the offseason really caught up to me when it came time for on ice performance. There’s something about getting up there in age that makes you lose a step and question whether its time to hang it up or keep pushing. Given the roster that we have in Chicago, its really hard to imagine walking away from this team. I enjoy every moment with the friends I have in that locker room. Its just really getting frustrating to watch the progress of training in the offseason catch up with me as age continues to become a bigger factor in my performance. Nobody wants to go from a key piece to a role player, but sometimes that the best way to continue to add value for an organization that has done a lot for me.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Hai Nam Hoang and Alexi Piastri were both key pieces in the Monarchs' bitter and ultimately fruitless efforts against the Winnipeg Aurora, each trying their best to make the most of an impossible assignment, and doing just about the best they could. Hoang and Piastri played similar minutes, handled defeat in similar fashion, and took the loss gracefully, but determined to avoid it next season. Their ribbing of each other stopped for the playoffs, a necessary and recognizable temporary truce so they could focus. After the season ended, the two were seen in St. Paul, back to their usual dynamic. The relationship remains as solid (and as one-sided) as ever, with Piastri ribbing and Hoang taking it with grace. The two will likely see a different relationship spring up as they spend more time in the same lineup, but as it stands, this season has been a window into one of the more interesting social dynamics in hockey.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Player Prompt

Season 70 was a highlight for the Monarchs for the last few season to be honest. The light is starting to come into view to be a little bit artistic about it. We saw a much improved offensive output, and some solid results for once. We probably could have done a little better overall, but none the less, the goals going up made everything feel better. We had a rookie leading the team in points with over 80, which is something we have no seen in Minnesota for a long time... And Meta Knight also had a career year, scoring more than a point a game in what would be his "rookie" season if he didn't come up early. Being over a point per game in only your second season is a solid sign that things are going to continue to be good and hopefully improve a little more as well... I don't know if next season will really be the break out year we want, as there is some turnover and call ups shaking the roster up, but not with much impact in terms of skill really. We may see similar results next season, but hopefully we continue climbing finally, after the fans have been watching basement hockey for the last half-decade~!