Create Account

S70 Championship Week

Trivia: Ray 3 TPE
+3 TPE - Milestones

4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)

Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

There's one player in specific that I would really like to go up against in the playoffs to win the cup against, and that is seany on maine. After being drafted by edmonton, he was traded to los angeles with me, and seany is still the player of all time, and he is the closest thing ray has to a rival because I'm new to the site and I don't know many people outside of my teams, and me an sean are in the same draft class, so we kind of have that natural rivalry, plus he is also really good at the sport and it upsets me cause he is doing better than me and ray sucks at the sport, plus he says things in french and that makes me sad cause I don't know how to read french and I can't understand what he is saying to me. p.s. jk seany ily [154 words] +3 TPE

6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

for ray's last season
I just really hope that he
doesn't suck asscheeks 
+2 TPE

15. Written, 3 TPE, Teams Can Be Rivers Now? (150 words min.)

Since Team Rhine is now a thing in the Juniors wing of the IIHF, name a geographical feature, such as a river, mountain, plateau, or your mother, that should be the next to have a team! Why does this feature deserve a team, like the Rhine? How good would this team be? Would you transfer to it?

as a co-gm of the new rhine teams WJC team, and a member of it myself, I felt obliged to write about it, however I believe a place/ geographical feature that really deserves a team could be the ex-republic of yugoslavia, and the countries within, being Bosnia and Herzegovina, serbia, croatia, montenegro, kosovo, slovenia, and north macedonia. This is a nation that doesn't get much appreciation in terms of hockey, and creating a new team could help bring hockey to southeast europe, and give some of these less popular countries some of the hockey spotlight. all of these countries used to be a part of a republic in southern europe called yugoslavia, and all of these countries used to be one large country, however the republic of yugoslavia eventually fell due to the severe religous issues contained within the country, with many places with different religous views, which would make this great for hockey, as religous beliefs don't affect hockey [160 words] +3 TPE

17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

I have to say that I was kind of hoping that the winnipeg aurora would be able to finally win one this year, they are a very well built team, and have been dominant for basically my entire time on site, plus the player of my J gm fluw is on that team, as well as badwolfs player, the co-gm is a prospect, so I think basically all of us in yukon were rooting for winnipeg to win, but the wolf pack have had a very impressive season, so congratulations to the wolfpack, and I think that the wolfpack have the potential to become a very scary threat for the rest of the league in the next few seasons [119 words] +2 tpe

16 TPE

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 02:54 AM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 9 times in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

trivia

Code:

Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

AllBran will fight through
Both regression and top teams
To hoist the cup again

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Tshirt Toss

Design a t-shirt that commemorates your team's Season 70! Include some
elements that identify how your season went; your fans should be able to
tell what season this shirt is about without the number!

[Image: 8.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, It Was 3-1

Show me your player's reaction to the winningest regular season team of
all time choking on thin air and blowing a won series in seven games!
Make it fun!

[Image: 9.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Offseason Hobbies

Show me how your player will be entertaining themselves this offseason, or any offseason in general! Get creative!

[Image: 11.png]

17/16 TPE

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 01:30 AM by raymond3000. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
silver

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
a. Winnipeg has a better offense this year which is primarily due to the emergence of Ekholm-Gunnarsson to give them a co-star to help lead the offense along with Mikko Rashford. Putting these two on the same line is a nightmare for opposing teams. And Winnipeg has the depth to do this, their second and third lines are full of great players who would be first liners on most other SHL teams.
d. With the power of hindsight, I would say the New England Wolfpack would win the finals. While the Aurora certainly have the better roster, it seems they always have difficulty putting everything together and playing up to their immense potential. Meanwhile the Wolfpack have overperformed their TPE for a few seasons now, and have managed to find a way to win several tough series on their way to the finals.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?
Andreas Kvalheim has had a long SHL career and has been fortunate enough to experience plenty of success during his twenty plus seasons with the Texas Renegades. He's won multiple Challenge Cups, scored over a thousand career points, and won a record four Jeff Dar trophies as well. While it certainly would be nice to rack up more hardware in the limited time left in his career, any individual awards are far out of the question and unfortunately his Renegades aren't quite ready to contend for Challenge Cups. A more realistic goal for Andreas is to rack up more hits next season as he continues his climb up the leaderboards. He sits about 250 hits back of first place currently, and could realistically reach that milestone in a couple of seasons if he decides to throw the body around more. At his current pace, it would take about three seasons to hit this target.

Code:
Just keep on chugging
Win a game in the playoffs
Chase some more records

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE

Code:
18. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!
[Image: YXDQabu.png]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

code word: regret

3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?

A - I mean you would think they would but I guess in the end they are just a little too top heavy considering the end result. I think these players are really good but it was once again 1 step too far for them. Maybe they can make the finals again next season? I guess we'll see. [57 words]
B - What is that old saying? Form is temporary but class is permanent. The SHL will find out if he was in bloody good form before this or just really good and undeniable in the end. I will say though he did have way more games than every other team so popping off in a few is not the best sample size but points are points I guess. [68 words]
C - I am sorry but to my knowledge tending does not matter in terms of TPE or helping. So need to look at the defending. What this means is the defending of Winnipeg is not giving as many shots which is quite crazy when its nearly double but they have played less too. Just defend better I guess? [57 words]
D - So before the series ended I said on my podcast with Aneeq that the New England Wolfpack would win game 7 in the semis and game 7 in the finals. I was memeing cause they had already done 2 game 7 series before they even started and it bloody happened. I predicted the future. [55 words]

4 TPE (7 TPE total)

Code:
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

I think having a world finals or play off series against the San Fran Pride would be fun cause it would mean either me or Aneeq go further or win a ring in the major leagues here. Plus 1 of us would have banter on the other then which is always fun to see. Personally I always love to see Calgary vs Edmonton happen. They are old rivals albeit maybe not now which 2 completely different teams. The 1 I would love to see is Switzerland vs Great Britain for gold since its my current team vs old but unsure if that is applicable since its IIHF.
Honestly, playoffs are very rng so I personally cant always get into the hype but some good banter is always good. Like the Bruins choking yet again!

On a player level maybe Winnipeg vs another finalist or New England against one of the teams they game 7'd next season could be fun to see.

[161 words]

10 TPE

Code:

1 TPE Milestone

11 TPE

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, Teams Can Be Rivers Now? (150 words min.)
Since Team Rhine is now a thing in the Juniors wing of the IIHF, name a geographical feature, such as a river, mountain, plateau, or your mother, that should be the next to have a team! Why does this feature deserve a team, like the Rhine? How good would this team be? Would you transfer to it?

First of all it feels great to see Team Rhine be a thing. Welcome France and KEKW to Austria and all your players. Honoured to have played of the first ever edition of the team before going up. Scandinavia is probably one that springs to mind albeit I do not think every place considered that region cares about ice hockey the same or gets the same level of snow so could be rough. Maybe something with Greenland and Iceland? Mainly just for memes since 1 is volcano lands and green and the other is super icey (its not the obvious way you're thinking if you didn't know) but I dont have a good name for this region past Greeniceland. Which kinda sucks.

Perhaps Russia could have one in the future with Uzebekistan or Mongolia or someone that gets large quantities of ice for a fun new region. I don't know if we'll get many players from that place but I think this could be a fun one from an area of the world SHL or IIHF never touches.

[178 words]

14 TPE

Procrastinators (it's not your fault this time!)

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

Oh perfect. Like I said in another one I actually did call this one in the last podcast but mainly cause I was joking. I did not actually expect the wolfpack to win 4 game 7s in a row but my god that must have been heart attack inducing for fans or players at times during this run. To do it 4 bloody times in a row sounds nerve racking to say the least. I think they are deserving winners. Underdog stories are always fun and now we have a storyline of can Winnipeg get to a 3rd final and not choke for next season. Sounds very fun.

[108 words]

14 + 2 = 16 TPE

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 01:04 PM by bbjygm. Edited 10 times in total.)

Code:

yipee!

Code:

a. I think having the entire line is more beneficial in the long run because then any one of them, with short notice, can take over as the sole offensive powerhouse when needed. Having a stacked line can really increase the likelihood that points get scored every time they're unleashed, so it gives the coach a reliable tool to dispatch when needed.

b. Before the finals took place, I would've bet my money on the Aurora. They've been consistently finishing near the top in playoffs and regular season and are likely comfortably in their window of opportunity. New England hadn't quite stacked up in the regular season and were somehow stoking a playoff-decimating fire since round 1 started, but I wouldn't have thought it'd overcome the skilled presence that Aurora had established over the past few seasons.

Code:
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?

Hodor's SHL career is rather short right now, him being a rookie and all. He came in 4th place for shots blocked in the entire league which I'd say is quite an accomplishment. Texas is getting better and better over the seasons and I'm happy that Hodor's inclusion likely is helping contribute to the upward slope Texas is currently on. I'm looking forward to seeing the team grow up and become a force to be reckoned with. Texas made it to the playoffs this season and I'm hoping to keep that up, while improving enough to start making it past the first round or two. Helping contribute to a desirable locker room culture is one method that can be used to help cultivate a prosperous team while also continuing to provide tools to help with team functioning and player TPE earning. Also, Hodor's amazing hodorness will make Texas the hodoriest team in the league, boosting Texas's success hodor-fold.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

First off, our opponents. The Aurora's mascot is a polar bear while the Wolfpack's mascot is a pack of wolves. I'd say the polar bear has a strength advantage against any individual wolf, but as a pack both are probably capable of taking on the same kinds of prey so in that regard they'd have comparable strength. As far as intelligence, it's difficult to gauge but I'd say a wolfpack has an advantage in their social skills which allow spreading knowledge among many individuals and preserving knowledge easier through generations. Wolves also have the numbers advantage, allowing control of the battlefield by using their numbers to partially surround the bear and direct it where they want it to go. Having multiple opponents can also force the bear to have to split attention between all the foes, reducing its effectiveness against individual attackers because it needs to be conservative and prepared for simultaneous attacks from different angles. In all, I'd say a decent sized wolfpack would win out over a bear if they were forced into a death battle.

Code:

Blocking and hitting,
I seek to defend my turf.
You best watch yourself.

Code:

+1 TPE

Code:

I didn't have many expectations as far as the playoffs went. When I put together my playoff bracket (which I missed this season but I still did after the due date to see what I would've thought), I put a lot of weight in winners by matchup. My Round 1 predictions were followed almost to a 'T' except for NEW overcoming BUF. Buffalo had a 4-2-0 season record against New England so it was reasonable to think they'd be the victor, but NEW scraped out a 4-3 win. For Round 2, again my predictions came to pass except for NEW once again scraping out a 4-3 win. Round 3 threw my predictions away as I had SEA and PHI winning instead of WPG and NEW/MTL. Really, the biggest surprise was seeing my old team, NEW, come out with a win. I'm glad they got their chance!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:

sunshine

Code:

Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

You might call me out on my decision in this battle but I feel as though I am justified. Here's why I think the wolfpack would win against some glowing bear apparition.

First off, the bear is not a godlike figure so it can in theory be killed. It is however large and would take up a lot of space on a battle map. Secondly, the wolf pack are much smaller and nimble. They simply would be able to move around the bear thing as it attacks. It is never stated how many wolves are in this such pack but you can infer that it is likely somewhere between 10 and 20 individuals. If you are going by Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, wolves have this special little ability called Pack Tactics. What is does is give the wolf advantage (you roll two dice and take the higher result) on rolls to hit. This pack can surround the bear, gain pack tactics, and just death by 1000 cuts this thing. (170)

Code:

SHL Milestones

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Code:

DOPE

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358249

a. Having a good top line only matters if you can swing 3 lines against the other team and have it be worth it in the end. No ring at the end of the series means your tactics didn't work the way they were intended. So having a top heavy line doesn't really matter, does it?
b. The unfortunate answer is you can't shut this guy down. Coming in with those stats at this point in the playoff push. That dude ain't slowing down for anyone. Especially not for Winnipeg. That guy wants in an out of that city. He does not like it there. Did he pay refs off? Who knows.
c. Olaf Karsikko is too sick for these aurorans. Out here stopping shots left and right. Olaf loves being acrobatic, if there weren't that many shots his energy would die down and he wouldn't stop anything. He needs a steady diet of pucks being shot at his face to compete at the level needed to win the 'ship.
d. Well, normally I would say Winnipeg wins it all this season. Too good of a team, too much TPE, they have the cup experience now. however, New England has done the impossible and won every series in 7 and pushed so hard to get to the cup. So it seems like New took the hard way to the top.

Who would ever think of putting up a glowing bear versus a bunch of hungry wolves. Well, it doesn't matter who thought of the idea, what matters is that it did happen. Just like the AI trend going around now of reimagining NHL teams mascots, we did the same thing and had AI pit a glowing bear god up against a bunch of hungry hungry wolves. Who won? Well, it was no surprise that this match happened deep in the depths of Canada and the Northern Territories, where everything is a little bit more desperate and lot more dramatic. Of course being up there, there is a higher chance of there actually being hte Northern lights (are there Southern Lights in Patagonia?), which will only boost the Auroras secret powers. Glowing rays of light that may or may not actually do any harm when the time comes. In the end though, the Wolves out smarted the glowing bears and took them down.

THey always say to know your history, because history will always reshit itself. Igor Victory, of the Philadelphia Forge in the Simulation Hockey League, formerly of the Tampa Bay Barracuda and of course getting their start in the Simulation Majory Junior Hockey League playing for the Anchorage Armada, has done one of the more impressive things that could be done in thier career. They won quadruple gold. That's right. Quad Gold. It started back in the World Junior Classics while he was playing for Team Finland, they won two golds straight, if memory serves correctly. Then, in his last season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, he won the 4 Star Cup. Then during the 60's, the Internationl ice Hockey Federation tournament happened and while playing for the Finnish national team, he won a few Golds, all this culiminated in season 69 where Igor Victory won the Challenge Cup with the Philadelphia Forge. Now, he'd love to swing it back and win one more gold or one more cup. But, he's rapidly approaching the end of his career. Maybe his protege will be able to repeat all his work.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 10:33 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 4 times in total.)

Quote:Code:

Tucci

a. I would always choose depth over just one or two superstar scorers, but luckily the Aurora have both. While Gonzo and Lias had insane seasons with 130 points each, they aren't the only good scorers on the team, with five more forwards and even two Defensemen above a point per game. So I would say they have already done a pretty good job of spreading around that firepower.
b. Simply put, you don't. Don't build your line-up around some guy on the enemy team that is running hot, stick to the system that made your own team strong throughout the season and overpower them with your superior quality throughout the entire roster. Trust in your strengths and simply score more than them by relying on your depth.
c. I don't think that's much of an issue. If your goalies is being plastered with shots most nights but is still running hot, then he probably doesn't mind all that much. In fact, facing shots all game might actually help him stay sharp and the amount of shots doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the scoring chances either.
d. Well, with hindsight and all that it's obviously an easy answer. But before the series, I would not have expected New England to pull this off. I would've expected them to need just that one more year to develop a bit further, while Winnipeg is an absolute juggernaut. However, after how these last two finals went, Winnipeg have earned themselves a reputation as serious chokers now...

For most people, the SHL isn't mainly about Cups, Awards and other accolades anymore these days, and for good reason. Finding an LR you like hanging out in, making actual real life friends along the way or just playing games with likeminded people are all much more rewarding in the long-term than some sort of in-sim accomplishment. Now with that being said... For the love of god can I finally win another cup again? It's been over 60 seasons that I've been in the league now and I have exactly one Challenge Cup to my name which also came really early in my career in Season 10. So since then, it has been a 50+ season drought, which must be some kind of record I would assume. I've made the finals a bunch of times since and always lost, and while I've picked up some Awards including an MVP as well as Junior and IIHF Championships along the way, it's just not the same as winning the big trophy. So please, another one maybe?

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku (5 words min.)

Winter's chill descends,
Season of redemption calls,
Goals will soon be met.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+3

Quote:17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

I didn't really have a team I favored in the finals. Don't have a strong connection or animosity towards either one of them and both seem like good groups, although the Wolfpack have been almost invisible for much of recent memory, now that I think about it. It's a franchise with a good history and lots of successes, but I've barely heard anything about them for literal years now up until the almost came out of nothing to win it all. In fact, let me check their roster real quick... Okay damn, that's a quality group of people! How have they managed to acquire all those guys without me noticing? Guess I haven't been paying all that much attention after all recently...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Task 1. Trivia
Word: Nah

Task 2.

a.
In my eyes, you try to spread the scoring out between your top two lines. Sure, you can put all the fire power on one line, but you create a situation where the opposing team shuts your top line down and uses their depth well to score. Of course, there are certain times you want the fire power to be on a line, that is called the power play.

[69]

b.
You obviously have to target players that can score goals. Svoboda can help the Wolfpack win it all with his ability to find the back of the net. Winnipeg’s defense needs to play the body hard and take away any passes headed Svoboda’s way. If they can manage that, they might just have a chance to win it all.

[59]

c.
New England needs to force the puck carrier outside and let them take the low danger shots. If they can manage to do that, they will win this series. Alternatively, New England cannot live in their zone. The need to pepper Montagne as much as possible. The goalie has not faced a ton of shots this postseason and the extra work could be enough to rattle them.

[67]

Task 3.

It is easy for me to look back at my two past players and set goals based on what their careers ended up being. My last player, Jean-Locke Zidane was a defensive defenseman who did not accomplish much in the hardware or stats department, but was solid on the ice. There is not much there to draw from him besides a team first mentality. Nicholas Williams on the other hand was a stud. A member of the quadruple gold club that totaled 2 Challenge Cups, 1 Four Star Cup, 1 WJC Gold, and 3 IIHF Golds. It is easy for me to look at Williams' career and want Luca to be on that path. WIlliams had a couple MVP nominated seasons but fell off when he took a different role on the team he was on. My main goal for Luca is to do what Williams could not, be the MVP. Luca Pane is my attempt to once again be a top scorer in the SHL and have something to show for it.

[173]

Task 6.

Maybe with the kings
Maybe with the Berserkers
The future unknown

Task 7. Milestones

Milestones +3

Task 17.

I am not going to lie, I did not watch the sims or keep track of the playoffs much. Congrats to the Wolfpack for doing the thing. Had I been paying attention I would have been rooting for Winnipeg. I have always had a soft spot for them since my first player was drafted there back in S43. Also, they beat out the Monarchs in the first round so it would have been easy to say the champs beat us. I would say overall, the playoffs have been better in general with a variety of teams getting their chance to win it all. The Wolfpack were the underdogs going into this series and managed to win it in seven games.

[120]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

cw trivia +3: e

milestones +3: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358295

Code:

coffee

Code:
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines? 1 TPE

Personally, I think it is always a good idea to spread out your scoring as much as you can get away with. If your opponent can figure out a way to shutdown your top line, you are screwed. Mix your top offensive threats throughout the lineup and work on exploiting mismatches. Worse comes to worse and you can’t generate offense with the studs separated, you just shuffle your lines back and try that. You’ll have a much higher chance at success with a balanced attack though.
(86)

Code:
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne? 1 TPE

When a goalie is in the zone like Karsikko is you do not want to start tinkering with the game plan. Absolutely, under no circumstances, do you try and limit the shots Karsikko is facing. It is obvious that he is feeding off the number of shots he is facing. Let the man eat! The easiest way to rattle Montagne is to absolutely pepper her with shots. She has not had to deal with much in the way of an overwhelming assault this postseason. Start blasting early and often. Obviously, you need to be taking high danger shots but do not get into the habit of looking for a perfect shot. Get her moving and feeling stressed.
(117)

Code:

Without a doubt I would have to say that being a point per game defender is the number one thing I hope will happen again in my SHL career. Being a defender that makes a difference at both ends of the ice is just really rewarding. Blocks and takeaways feel alright but those shiny points are what gets that dopamine rush really flowing. This season was the first time I got to experience this and it ruled. Of course, it is going to happen again. The Forge are red hot right now and everyone in the room is dedicated to going for another cup. All I have to do is keep earning and trust in the plan. I think I will be the top TPE player on the team next season, so I will be potential height of my abilities. I am confident it will happen again for a few more seasons until regression kills me.
(156)

Code:

Now, common sense may lead you to believe that a glowing bear god would be a near impossible foe for a pack of wolves to overcome. Common sense, though, of course, is for nerds. Let’s break this down. First off, considering Winnipeg’s postseason history the bear god is clearly not all powerful and since a god’s power comes from the amount of faith we put into it, the bear is screwed. So, we have a larger than average, shiny bear against wolves. Wolves that are experienced in working together to take down prey and, more importantly, absolutely jacked on Dunkin Donuts coffee. Next, we need to address the number of wolves that make up the pack. Considering that this is the New England Wolfpack I think it is fair to say that it is the entire region’s wolf population just waiting to tear into the bear after sitting in Mass Pike traffic for hours getting to the rendezvous point. The Wolfpack easily overpower the bear for a multitude of reasons, namely sheer numbers.
(173)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

I want even more
More goals, more assists. Give it!
Hook it to my veins

Code:

+3 TPE Claim

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

1. CW Trivia Verification word: Renegades! +3 TPE

Code:

I would love to be able to have another PPG season in my last season down in Maine. It happened to my current player, Patrice Bergeron after he hit the 425 TPE cap for 3rd and 4th year J players. I can stack the odds by staying in Maine and playing with my wonderful teammates, @Seany148 and @Ricer13. These boys have been with me since my first game back in S68 and we have formed a huge amount of chemistry that we like to call ourselves the "Three-headed Tree". I would also love to have another record-breaking season in Maine. Last season we set the franchise record for wins in a single season and points in a single season. With the lineup we have coming into S71, we are eager to start knocking teams out of the way en route to a Four-Star Cup Championship with Patrice Bergeron as MVP.  +3 TPE
Code:
150 words

7. Milestones Link +3 TPE

Total TPE; 9

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

Championshiw Week - 12 TPE Written - 4 For Milestones - 16 Total (Did the Trivia as well cause I can)

1. CW Trivia - nuggets 1.5 + 1.5 (If Im Smart)

2. - 4 TPE
a. With multiple players stepping up to fill big roles on Winnipegs roster, they have one of the best, if not the best first line in the league, I would run that line in the first couple games and see how it goes. When a line gets chemestry, its sometimes best to keep it that way, because moving them around could majorly throw off their game. If the first game or 2 ends badly, maybe its a good idea to split them up to have 3 solid lines, and see how that goes. 
b. With the way Petr Svoboda has been putting up points, I dont know if there is a way to stop this man. The only advice that I could muster up for Winnipeg is to score more goals than him. It sounds simple, and it is. Stick your most definsive guy you have on him to follow him and give him cheap shots to get him off his game. You can mess anybodys game up, no matter how good they are, if you get in their heads. 
c. New England has to help out Karisikko out lots this series. Winnipeg has lots of firepower with so many top scorers, especially Petr Svoboda who we previously talked about, and its necessary for New England to close down on their defense, play defensive minded atall times. If they play offensive, or even neutral, they will be anhilated by Winnipegs offense, as it is blatantly obvious that Winnipeg has the advantage in this series, but its not out of the question that New England puts up a fight, or even wins it if they play a solid defensive style, and that will help out their golaie lots too. 
d. For me, I still believe that Winnipeg will pull through this season and take it all, but it will be a good fight, probably goihng to 6 or 7 games to decide who is the Season 71 Champion. Winnipeg made it all the way to the finals last season, so they have lots of experience under their belt, as New England doesnt have any finals experiece for a few seasons. And ontop of that, Winnipeg has more firepower than New England, and for many will be the chosen one.

4. - 3 TPE
If there was anybody I would love to play in a playoff series, and bet them, it would have to be in the future, as both me and David Doug play together for the Crows. But potentially when @TheSparkyDee gets called up to the Dragons, I think it would be amazing ifme playing for the Monarchs at that point face off against the Dragons in the Conference finals in the future. Every chance I get on the ice I would be giving him a cheap slash in the ankles or a nasty crosscheck in the ribs, then after the game head out to the bar and get a drink and relish in the game gone by, and our great time in the juniours together. If we won the Conferences against the Dragons, and managed to make it to the finals and win it, oh golly wouldnt that be nice when I get my day with cup to take a drive to Calgary and wave the cup in his face. 

5. - 3 TPE 
I wrote this after the winner was already decided... THE NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK!!! I am so hapy that New Engand wa able to pull off this huge win, being the underdog and taking out the 'Bear Gods' and it hits home for me for New England to win. My first player in this wonderful league was drafted by the Wolfpack, and I have a few good buddies that play for them still, like @Snussu who wins his first cup with Outdoor truck. Keep earing Buddy! When i first looked at this series, I was sure that Winnipeg would win this seriesa ad they had a huge advantage, as staticticly they had a better team, and TPE wise they had a better team. But as I touched on previously, New England had to play a solid defensive stye of play, and in my opinion they played really well defensively, and they definitely earend this cup against the powerhouse of Winnipeg in 7 games. Congrats boys! 

6. - 2 TPE
The Juniors is my home
And where I help St. Louis succeed - (St. Louis Counts as 2 please)
To win the almighty cup

+4 TPE - Milestones

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

7. ++3 TPE - Milestones

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
Praise

a. Of course, on paper, it's always better to have more people that can score, however, it always also depend who's doing the job, how they are doing it and against who they are facing. I think they definitively had an avantage on this, but that new england was able to block it off. 53
b. There's no stopping someone who's achieving god level during the playoffs, the only way would be injury, but that does not happen in our fictional league. The only way would revisit the whole defensive system for winnipeg, but i think it would hurt them more than anything, because the guys are used to it by now. 56
c. The fact new england goalie saw more rubber than winnipeg's is not too much of a problem in my book. It keeps them sharp. I think winnipeg's goalie saw so little shot due to the domination of winnipeg, which doesn't help them as much to stay sharp. Down the road, the goal is to make the most save possible against the other team, so new england goalie have a edge there. 71
d. Well im writing this at the end of the playoff so i can see that i got the wolfpack in this because in four of the seven matches they played, they scored more goals than the winnipeg aurora. The serie was actually really interesting to watch, with the first 4 games being blown outs and then the other 3 being super close. 62

I think one team i would like to see the Minnesota Monarchs take on in the future in the finals are the Toronto North Stars or the Montreal Patriots. The Toronto North Stars is more because they are also starting their rebuild recently and i think in the future, it could be fun to face off with a team that will also be pretty close to us in term of TPE and activity, as the minnesota monarch are on the rise in my opinion. It would make for an interesting finals in my book to have two old rebuilding team clashing at the end of the season for a few times. After that, the Montreal Patriots would mostly be for Nevek Kove to be able to play in the finals close to home, so he could have more of his family rooting for him when they are in Montreal. And he could make sure they are in the stands no matter what if he wins. 165

All right, lets take that a bit realistically, we have a bear and we have a pack of wolves. The aurora thing isn't taken into concideration in that fight because the wolves are not magic and i want this somewhat equal. So you have the might of the bear, we all know they are some of the prime predator in the wild. One versus one, the bear destroy the wolves one hundred percent of the time. But here, we have a pack of wolves, so a group of the most clever and enduring character. One point to concider though, is that even exhausted, the bear is probably able to take a swing and kill a wolf in one shot. In most situation, due to the size of the bear compared to the wolf, even if they are 2-3 on the bear, they won't be able to do any consistent damage if they want to hunt him from the back, their only chances are key area like the neck and the paws, but in those area, they are all in swipe area from the bear. I think ulimately, the bear might win this one, but it would be a bloody and gore fight, with the bear maybe not surviving the following days as well. 213

6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku (5 words min.)
Block shot till i drop
I will hit you with my might
No puck go past me

7. Milestones, 1 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358361

16/16

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]