Create Account

S71 PT#3: Hangups and Hangovers

ISFL PT

Are you kidding me I am going to get stuck playing in the college area as opposed to our new area. Hugh Manius knew the best move was for the team to move to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan then he would not have to deal this. The New Orleans city government to just painful work with. The fine people of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan would to have done this to Hugh. He would more than like me digging down on the tune in Buds on Broadway or enjoying a cold one at The Canadian Brewhouse if Hugh had gotten his way, but no here we are dealing with no even really knowing where the next season will be played. It is just sad that the SHL is playing such games with fans of the league the whole situation is a ridiculous. The SHL really needs to get their act together and make it up to the fans.

Words ~ 153

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Creative Prompt

So this one is actually pretty easy. If the councilperson is blocking my new arena and forcing us to play in a cheap college facility, I pull out the contract. There is a clause written at the very bottom in very small print that states that if the team has an average attendance of less than six thousand over the span of a season, they can relocate. If we are only playing in an arena that seats five thousand, there's no way we meet that average. So we play the season in the cheap arena and then Vancouver packs their bags and finds another city that is willing to cooperate. Vancouver hockey goes in the toilet, just as the team is getting good again, and we move somewhere else, maybe Los Angeles. Maybe Las Vegas, maybe Utah. The possibilities are endless now that we are out of our lease thanks to corrupt politics. Checkmate, Vancouver.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

My player is a very simple man, so he will start the night by going to the local mcdonalds and ordering one of his very favorite grimace birthday dinner meals. After that he will head to the arcade and rent it out for him and the team. At the arcade they will all play mortal combat for exactly 1.5 hours and the winner becomes the biggest champ of the night. They go back to mcdonalds and the biggest champ gets another grimace birthday dinner meal. Adrian loves to win because then it means he gets two grimace birthday dinner meals in one night which is much better then one grimace meal in a night. The team likes to go the local paddys pub and get into a bunch of hijinks with their buddies over there. Namely bridge related events and other schemes. It all manifests with a big prank on their rivals they had just beat that night which always results in a lot of laughs and not lawsuits

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Written Task – Player Prompt – 150 words
Oh, we’ve defeated the Seattle Argonauts yet again. Glorious! Lord Farquaads will take his party to the Borealis Bar and participate in the festivities. Lord Farquaads has also been known to slink into the restroom and enjoy a snow day or two at the peak of the celebrations. Naturally, the fans that are all attending know exactly who Lord Farquaads is, and they all give him that attention that he clearly craves. He stands on top of the bar and does a little jig, with his red slippers slapping down onto the polished mahogany drink surface. He salutes the crowd, beer in hand, and yells “We’re going to eventually win this damn thing, Rora fans! I promise you!” The entire bar roars in support, and the demand for a championship has never been greater in Winnipeg. Will Lord Farquaads regret making this declaration during his career? Only time can tell.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Tenderloin would absolutely go to that bar and bask in the glory of winning against our rivals. Stuff like that is what makes it really worth it in the end. It's not about the cups you win or the awards you rack up. It's about the little moments of living in the moment and appreciating a big win over rivals. So yeah, Tenderloin would go to the bar and have way too much to drink and maybe say some embarrassing shit that he probably wouldn't say under other circumstances. But that's life. You gotta live in the moment and not take things for granted. He'd probably be texting the guys and encouraging them to go out and have a rager with him until the early hours of the morning and hope to god that they're not too hungover for the morning skate tomorrow. But no matter what happens, it's gonna be a good time.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Can't live with em...

171 words

A 5 thousand seat college stadium is fine. Really, who cares? The ice is going to be frozen, right? The rink is going to be the right size? What's the big deal... Zoning laws exist for a reason, and if our new stadium was going to be in violation of a single law, code, regulation or municipal standard than the clear path forward is to hold off building it. It would speak poorly of our teams commitment to the chumps who pay their taxes for a stadium if we didn't! Best case scenario, the stadium is going to be a fiscal nightmare for the community anyway. But if we're going to take advantage of the numerous tax incentives we're being offered to create a few hundred minimum wage jobs with terrible hours, no benefits and no job security that double dip into tax revenues since all the workers will be making little enough to be qualified for public assistance as well, then we should be up to spec while doing it!

Well first of all fuck that council person and I will find their house and I will leave them a strongly worded message pinned to their door about how I don’t very much like them or the way they do business.

After that I will relocate the team in order to get back at the city of Buffalo. Fuck them anyway. They don’t deserve a professional hockey team and I don’t deserve to have to put up with their shit.

We will now be moving the team to Mississagua, as fuck it why not, Toronto AND Hamilton already both have SHL teams, so why not another city in the Greater Toronto Area.

While we’re at it, I’m going to be getting with every other team and seeing if we can’t all just put every SHL team in the GTA.

Either that or we’ll put teams in places they have no business being in, but I won’t name any names.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Player Prompt

Rashford probably doesn't go to the party.  its not that he doesn't wanna have a good time or hangout with the rest of the players headed there.  It's that he's got family at home that he'd much rather spend some time with.  As a player in the SHL, his schedule is constantly dictated by the league, and so in his free time, he makes sure that his priorities are in check with the things that matter.  There is a good chance that he gives his teammates heck the next morning when they can barely get out of bed for the morning skate.  In a league with sometimes 4 games in the same day, you've gotta be ready to play at all times.  You cannot just simply decide you want to take a day off, because if you do, you might just miss some of the most important games of your players career

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Player Prompt:
Even after a huge victory over a rival team, there is no way you would catch Collin Gibbles out at any club after the game. Gibbles isn't some young gun and he knows better than anyone that his longevity in the league is in large part to his after care routine following games. Not to mention that Gibbles has kids at home waiting for him after any home game. He has his own press box in the Minnesota Monarchs arena for his family for every home game as well. He grabs some post game snacks for the kids and himself and meets his family outside the Locker Room where they enter the secret parking garage that will let them avoid the mass exodus of fans driving from the stadium. The Gibbles family has a special van that they drive to games that has a reclining massage chair built into the back for him to lie down on as they make the short trip to their house just on the outskirts of the city.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Filip is generally a very well mannered individual. After a massive win, you will not find him out partying after the game. He firmly believes in acting like you've done it before. Unless there is a trophy being awarded with the win, there is no need to get overly excited. It always feels good to win, but ultimately we are playing for the championship. Don't want to do anything that may risk that chance. Filip also knows people celebrate and feel differently. He does not look down on others for expressing their joy over the win. They are ultimately free to do as they please. He just doesn't want to risk losing this amazing opportunity he has to play the sport he loves at a professional level. There will always be time to celebrate and party. For now his focus is on striving for the W. Bring the championship back home to Carolina. Lets go Krakennn

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Player Prompt 

I think it’s all circumstantial. I am obviously not going to go out to celebrate a win if there is a game the next day. I think I would consider joining the celebration if we had two or more days off. I think it is important to display a balance between having fun and showing discipline. To be a professional, you need to know when the wrong time to be partying is. Do not ruin your next game over one night out. But if it is the last game before an extended break, there is no good reason not to celebrate. If you don’t get excited about your work as a hockey player you are not going to have any fun throughout your career. I would not condone my teammates going out if a game is soon, but I would not try to stop them. It is their choice, and an important step in building relationships is respecting other’s choices.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

P1- As the team's representative, I would gather all the players together for a meeting to address the situation and discuss our options. It's important to create an open and transparent dialogue where everyone's opinions and concerns are heard. I would empathize with the players and acknowledge the frustration they must be feeling after putting in all that hard work.

I would present the options available to us, including playing in the college stadium with limited amenities. I would stress the importance of unity and resilience, reminding the players that we have overcome obstacles before and can do so again. I would highlight the opportunity to showcase our determination and adaptability to our fans, media, and potential sponsors.

While playing in a smaller stadium may not be ideal, it could also be an opportunity to create a more intimate and passionate atmosphere for our loyal fans. We could focus on fostering a strong connection with them and make the most of the situation by engaging in community outreach programs and fan events.

Rather than resorting to negative actions like egging the councilperson's house, I would encourage the players to channel their frustration into positive energy and use it as motivation to prove themselves even more. If any player expresses a strong desire to request a trade, I would listen attentively and explore potential solutions that prioritize their individual needs while also considering the team's best interests.

Ultimately, I would stress the importance of staying focused on the game, supporting one another, and giving our best effort, regardless of the circumstances. Together, we would work towards overcoming these challenges and achieving success as a team.

[Image: gurbs.gif]