Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

The Armada has an interesting jump into the upcoming season. You see, the middling team has had to often recreate themselves to get them to be able to compete. This past draft saw a few additions to the team, that should help to make the team better int he long run.

First up you have Goalie tandem Nicholas Scalise and Peter Lasma. These two goalies are going to be huge coming into the season, both weren't high draft picks or picked at all. However, it doesn't discount the importance of having htem on the team and having htem be a huge part of the success. You see, in this league, you can have a goalie that isn't highly touted by the so called "experts" and still have a good season.

Next up, you have the old guys, Tony Soprano and Johnny Shuffleboard and Barg Hazbite and Daniel Grumathan. These are the players who are going to teach all the new draftees and signees how to play in the J.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

The Anchorage Armada season is looking promising 15 games into the season. The team is 10-5 and sits in third place in the Tamper Town Division behind Maine and Newfoundland. It is no surprise Maine is in first place after the team’s practice of smuggling rookies into their secure holding facility under the team’s rink came to light. Tony Soprano will have to keep up his amazing play for the team to continue having success. Soprano leads the team with 13 goals and 12 assists for 15 points in 15 games played. Joseph Reed is another important player for the Aramada. He is second on the team in goals with 9 and third in points with 15. Of course, a player everyone knows will be crucial to the team’s success is the towering defensive defenseman Jean-François Bokassa. As the 6th overall selection in the most recent SMJHL draft, the expectations for Bokassa are high. Despite currently being last in scoring for the Armada, JFB has demonstrated his defensive capabilities with 36 blocked shots, 9 takeaways (to only 3 giveaways), and 20 hits thus far.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

[Image: Modern-Sporty-Sports-Magazine-Cover.png]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Jussi Mutou, Update Portal, and Xavier Beausoleil are the future for the Colorado Raptors. Three firdt round picks, playing the legendary LW/RW/RD triangle. There aren't many things that inspire more fear in an opponent's fourth line in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Let's have an in depth look.

First, we have Xavier Beausoleil. The opposition will clearly be in awe of him, just from seeing his last name on his jersey. You're going to see season ending injuries from players double knotting their tongue trying to say his name. It's a shame wifi was already taken as a nickname.

That brings us to Jussi. Mutou is another fun name to try and pronounce, and after the opposing team is stunned by Beausoleil, Mutou will come out of nowhere to deliver a simulation version of the mandible claw, complete with Rocko (the Colorado sock puppet that is brand new to the shl verse) to really lock them down.

After the opposing team has been shocked, stunned, twisted and tied - it's time. Update Portal will finally make his appearance on the scene. Stalking his way up the ice, this majestic beast takes the one time pass. Right as he goes to shoot, a Portal 2 sized portal opens up in front of him, and above the goalie. CRACK! The puck leaves his stick, and in the blink of an eye it's gone! Unfortunately, Portal physics don't work the way I want them to in this story. Gotta get the word count in, you know? And about 8 seconds later, the puck plops out of the portal about the goalies head. It drops down, with no momentum at all, beind thd goalie. Just then, Mutou gets knocked into Beausoleil who falls into the goalie and pushes the puck into the goal!

It takes the ESPN play of the week for 1 show, before being dislodged by cornhole.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I am completing this after preseason - but right now, the Anchorage Armada have amassed a 10-5 record, and currently sit at 6th place in the league. I currently have 3 goals and 4 assists while barely playing any minutes. To be quite honest, i am being absolutely buried and should demand a trade, but my ego tells me to stick with the process because Anchorage, in my opinion will finish in the top 3. Our biggest and only competitor will be the 14 and 1 Maine Timber, who sit at the top of the league. We are going to need some of the young under producers to really kick things into gear offensively. We've been platooning Lasma and Scalice in net, which allows for equal opportunity for rest. Anchorage in my opinion will mop the floor with Detroit Falcons, and playing them multiple times this year allows me to get in the lineup (on line 1 hopefully) and snipe some dirty genos where mommy hides the peanut butter.

Here in Kelowna we are really looking forward to the start of the season. We feel like we have a great crop of rookies who are looking forward to making an impact on their new team. However, it won’t just be the rookies that make a big impact in the Knights organization this season.

In fact, one of the most exciting places on the roster this season is between the pipes. Tibuk Soonika is in his 4th season in nets for the Knights and with a strong resume in the SMJHL, might be just what the doctor ordered to help take the Knights deep into the playoffs.

Local hockey nuts are really excited for the debut of Brooklyn Physt. The big defenseman has a ton of promise coming out of the draft and is projecting to be the Knights top defensemen in short order.

And finally, Mu Wisconsin will carry the load up front for the Knights. An absolute minute eater, Mu is a top flight offensive threat that doesn’t mind playing a bit of the 200 foot game needed to be successful in this league.

It is set to be a really great season upcoming for the boys and gals in Kelowna.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Quote:Written option: Talk about how your team is looking ahead of the coming season. Include at least 3 players who will be key to the success of the team, plus an explanation why they will be crucial. Must include 150 words.

Great Falls had a really tough year last time around. They aimed to change that over the offseason by acquiring two centers at the draft.

Jani Manty and Jae-ik Barron are technically two players but I consider them as one for the purposes of answering this question. The young centers represent a chance for the Grizzlies to address the biggest weakness in last season's campaign. It'll be important for them to perform well in such an impactful position.

Chris Valentine is the Grizzlies' highest TPE defender, being the sole 425 on the blueline. Perhaps even more important than centers, defenders are crucial to keeping your puck out of the net and providing movement from your own zone and out into the neutral and offensive zones.

Beau Kavanagh is the Grizzlies starter again this time around. As he goes, so go the grizzlies. The S71 SMJHL season was a tough one for the rookie, and he'll need to be better this time around to see the Grizzlies move up in the standings.

I believe Great Falls has what it takes to start the climb to the top of the league. Whether or not we have the skill to make the playoffs in such a tough division remains to be seen.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

The Great Falls Grizzlies enter the upcoming season with a mix of experienced players and promising rookies. Among the key contributors, Billy Hill stands tall as the seasoned defender known for his rock-solid presence on the blue line and unmatched determination. His ability to read the game and make crucial defensive plays has been instrumental in leading the team to numerous victories. On the offensive front, all eyes are on the rookie sensation, Jani Manty, an agile and skilled center who impressed during the preseason with his lightning-fast moves and precise playmaking. As the season progresses, Manty's impact on the team's scoring prowess is expected to be significant.

Looking ahead, the Great Falls Grizzlies' general outlook is optimistic yet pragmatic. With a blend of veteran leadership and fresh talent, they aim to be a competitive force in the league. While they may not be considered a top-tier contender, the team's cohesive strategy suggest they will be a formidable middle-of-the-pack team, posing a challenge to established powers in the SMJHL.