Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management

[Image: CnWOwm6.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

After your stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponents, you find yourself and your team of plucky aliens challenged by mice of unusual IQ. After a long-winded explanation of how they built the Earth as a supercomputer to yield the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, they want to experience this game that has emerged on their experimental planet. This time, your team has the size and strength advantage, but your opponents are very quick and have absurd hockey IQ. What's your gameplan to win this time?

We can make all the plans and account for every scenario, but as Mike Tyson once sorta said, "everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face." That same idea holds true here as well. None of us have played hockey against such an agile opponent, but remember that these are mice.  Their supreme agility means that they're weak and that weakness means they're slow.  They won't be able to generate the push necessary to accelerate to high speeds so we don't need to play fast.  We just need to tire them out and create the longest possible path to the goal. We will use our bodies and sticks to make a maze that they must navigate to get to our net.  We are giants and can use the full 200 feet of ice.  These little guys aren't gonna be able to generate any cross ice passes and the second the puck leaves their stick we pounce and to high glove side on their baby little mouse goalie.

Oh boy its time to prank my GM, theres no way this can end well. Oh well, all is fair in hockey and pranks, and this is just for fun anyways. Hopefully they dont take it too personally. So how will this go down, you may ask? We are going to need some envelopes and official league stationery. Forging a letter from the league office is no easy job. Our plan is to make them think that the league received a request to move the team to Calgary. Why Calgary? They are rivals with Vancouver in the NHL so that works. I think the GMs are going to freak out and they might start overreacting and tweet something out. This might cause a stir with the fans, which would be a crazy additional effect of this prank. It would be ridiculous to be honest, but this is a fitting end to this prank war. Hope they find it fun!

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023, 01:33 PM by KlusteR. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - And now for the GM

Written Task: You and your mascot have chosen alliance in mayhem. With the blessing of all your org's decision makers except the one involved, you are about to prank your GM. What's your plan and how will you execute it to drive maximum social media engagement?

Cokey the Bear and Levin went for a cup of coffee after the "hot itching sauce" incident - trying to find common ground in order to avoid an escalation of explosive proportions. After getting to know each other and exchanging pleasantries, they turned their attention to whom could become the target of their pranking fury. The prime candidate was none other than the general manager of the Grizzlies, one Collin Gibbles. See, Mr. Gibbles is a man of habit, and will usually make the rounds in the arena every day from 8 AM to 10 AM, and then go for his second cup of coffee of the day. So they decided to conspire and have Levin keep Collin busy, talking about the franchise and his days in Anaheim when he was Levin's age - which would allow Cokey to spike his second coffee with a mixture of egg yolk and lemon juice.

Minutes later, they had to call the arena's paramedics, as Collin was seen choking on his coffee so hard, his mouth started bleeding a little. Cokey and Levin agreed to stop with their shenanigans at once.

(188 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Pranking the General Manager was the easy part. When Time and his accomplices broke into the Blizzard management office late one night, it was an easy endeavor to plant the fake message from Head Office firing HFFO and naming Egg as his replacement, effective immediately. Laughing at their great joke the following morning, the team waited in the dressing room for the response. They knew they were in trouble when they head the cries of "I'm finally free!" from upstairs, and their beleaguered co-GM marched into the room demanding answers. Looking around the room, the captain knew the jig was up. He offered a shrug and made for the door, muttering "Fine, I'll go bring him back."

The team shared another laugh and continued dressing for practice. They weren't worried. After all, this was at least the fourth time this season they'd had to drag HFFO back kicking and screaming to keep running the team.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

So despite these mice being the creators of the universe and all that, please explain to me how these nerds think they can beat me and my epic team of roided out aliens? Make it make sense. These puny little shits will get demolished. Like seriously, how are they even supposed to take the puck from us? It doesn’t matter how high their hockey IQ is, if they are the size of a fuckin mouse they ain’t doing shit. Especially against superpowered athletic freak aliens. This game is gonna be the easiest blowout I’ve ever experienced. I mean we could literally just step on them, pick them up and throw them, really do whatever we want. How could the mice stop us? Not to mention the fact there will be a literal tiny rodent in the goal for them. My 5 year old cousin could score a goal on these losers

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Written Task: After your stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponents, you find yourself and your team of plucky aliens challenged by mice of unusual IQ. After a long-winded explanation of how they built the Earth as a supercomputer to yield the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, they want to experience this game that has emerged on their experimental planet. This time, your team has the size and strength advantage, but your opponents are very quick and have absurd hockey IQ. What's your gameplan to win this time?

How the heck do you even coach a team to play again plucky alien mice? If the mice are using their own bodies how do they even handle the puck? I think I am just going to keep conditioning my team to out skate the mice. They might be small but that does not mean we should underestimate them. At the same time, it will be about making sure that we do not get stuck in crazy macro plays and hockey cheese. So that is conditioning and defense for stalwart cohort of aliens. Shot blocking will take on a new art form as well as temperament training. If we think the other team is going to predict our set plays then we also need to sit at home and improve individual skill. We go for the boring breakout goal scoring rather than focus on the team play. Short passes to get the puck to the net and then hammer the mouse goalie with shots until something goes in. Something always goes in.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

ISFL Affiliate IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

With a sense of deja vu, Philip Fry and his team of extraterrestrial athletes faced a new challenge, this time from mice of extraordinary intellect. Intrigued by Earth's significance as a supercomputer, the mice desired to partake in the "Ho'Kii" game that had sprung forth on their experimental planet.

Despite the size and strength advantage this time, Fry recognized the formidable hockey IQ of his mouse opponents. His gameplan shifted to balance their strengths—speed and quick thinking. He emphasized adaptability, encouraging his team to think several moves ahead and anticipate the mice's unpredictable strategies.

Fry leveraged his team's physical prowess to control the pace of the game. They played a calculated offense, using their size to maintain possession while the mice darted around them. The team's precision passing and strategic positioning left the mice struggling to keep up with their own high-speed tactics.

As the game unfolded, Fry's team found ways to exploit the mice's overthinking. They introduced subtle feints and unorthodox plays that disrupted the mice's anticipatory abilities. With each clever maneuver, Fry's team gained momentum, eventually securing a hard-fought victory.

The plucky aliens, now seasoned by their diverse challenges, reveled in their triumph. Fry's coaching prowess had once again prevailed, proving that a combination of physical prowess and quick thinking could overcome even the most absurdly intelligent opponents.

Playing against the race of super intelligent, smaller, and quicker mice presents a new challenge, but certainly one that Jarrod Lakemore is ready to handle. Suspecting that when on offense, the mice will attempt to tire out the defense by staying just out of reach with their speed and passing around the outside until the defenders tire, the strategy instead is to crowd the net and give up the outside. Ultimately, with their small stature and lack of power, outside shots are easily deterred and instead it is only necessary to clear the crease and prevent close range opportunities. Offensively, the strategy is similar: crowd the net and give what may be the most effective screens of all time. Even with goalie equipment substantially increasing the effective size they can cover, the mice netminders will simply never be able to effectively cover large parts of the net, especially high shots. Even shots from distance, if elevated, will present significant issues for the defending mice. (164 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Bro I am fighting mice? Easy challenge. As a forward for the Toronto North Stars in the Simulation Hockey League I have no problems fighting a team full of mice. How am I going to beat their superior IQ? It is so easy. I am just going to body every single mouse in to the boards when they have the puck. Oh they have superior hockey iq? Good for them, their little bones are going to be so beat up they will not even be able to stick handle the puck. And if they are still able to stick handle the puck? Good for them! When they see me or one of my Toronto North Stars teammates they will let go of the puck so they do not get bodied again and again. I respect someone taking a hit, but a little mouse, they will not want to take hit after hit after hit. Since it is an experimental plant they are not used to such physical contact, especially not from an opponent so much larger than them. It will be any easy match.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Player Prompt.

Ramen is in for something spicy >:3. i went out for coffee and scheming with our mascot, making sure the gm was none the wiser. we devised a plan to go ramens house and replace all the food in his fridge with, well, ramen. it's quite the task, our first problem being where we're getting all the ramen from. me and the teams social media people reached out to a local place here in quebec that sold theyre own, made-in-house ramen cups. they were extremely co operative and on board and excited to team up with us for this prank. now for the next phase. how do we get into ramens place without him knowing? a few ideas were bounced around, some better than others, for example, our mascot suggested we fake a family emergency to make him rush out of the house but that just felt immoral. finally, we decided that we'd hire one of the arena workers to do the deed during one of our practice. the third and final speedbump: what do we do with all the food we're taking out? obviously we gotta refrigerate what needs it and still keep it hidden. this had a rather simple solution, we talked to his next door neighbour and came to an agreement that lets us put all of Ramen's food in their place. the plan was all set. all we have to do is execute. i cant wait to see the look on his face tee hee (and hopefully enjoy a lovely team ramen dinner)!

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

I would prank the GM the James Harden way.  I would demand a trade, then I would be told I am too valuable to the franchise to be traded.  This is where the prank starts.  I would immediately start gorging myself.  I'm talking ice cream for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Second breakfasts, elevensies, afternoon tea, supper, all the fixings.  Every meal, 1500 calories minimum.  I will put Brian Shaw's diet to shame.  Once I balloon up to 425 pounds, the ice will crack under my skates.  We will have to close the rink for a week to melt the ice then freeze it back over.  This will continue until the GM finally calls me back into his office to tell me he is going to trade me.  You just got pranked you fucking idiot!! Haha you should see the look on your fat face. I totally got you lol you are toast.  Now I have to lose all this weight.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

STL so backwards it still uses twitter

[Image: 1sHAvMN.png]

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]