Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 08:32 PM by bjkman. Edited 1 time in total.)

Anchor: The SHL approved a new rule affecting the way wins and losses are counted in the league and our sports reporter has the story.

Reporter: Hockey records originally featured a Win, Loss, Overtime Loss column; but the SHL has added a new column this year... Shut-outs... teams will get a 3-point win if they can prevent the other team from scoring. We spoke to player Greg Davies about his thoughts.

Davies: While many of us in the league currently disagree with the decision of the league to put this new rule in place, I honestly feel like it makes sense in the long run for points and win-loss records so we'll see how it goes this season.

Reporter: A recent poll of players had only 21% of them agreeing that this was a good rule change but we will ask again once the season is over.

Anchor: This new rule kicks off with the first preseason game between the Calgary Dragons and the Buffalo Stampede.

Code:
166 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

[Image: image.png?ex=651b602e&is=651a0eae&hm=615...182c7fe87&]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Option 1

Changing a rule holds a ton of potential.  You could keep it simple and abolish the loser point.  That could add a real desire for teams to get the win rather than holding on for dear life at the end of a game.  Alternatively you could add a 6th skater on the ice to encourage a tighter game with less space.  That could in theory reduce scoring and help encourage more creative play.  Or maybe create a shot limit, where a team could only take a certain amount of shots per game before they get a 2 minute penalty.  This could result in teams choosing to try and get better scoring chances rather than more scoring chances.  But I think the rule that I would want to change is that the SHL would expand to 32 teams, encompassing all SHl and SMJHL players into one league.  Let the chaos occur and see what happens when you put a brand new player against the best of the best

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

oh yeah, you wanna use chatGPT to write your PTs for you? have fun using it for literally everything league related. wanna do an Activity Check? consult chatGPT, itll spit something out for you to use. want to simply say hello in your LR? better see what overly complicated form of a greeting chatGPT has to offer. youre gonna spend more time having to direct the AI to come up with something that even makes any sense because it has no idea of nuances that you wouldnt even have to think about to respond on your own. it would be absolutely miserable and way more time consuming unless you really dont give a damn about what youre saying at all. i mean come on, its pretty easy to bullshit 150 words on a prompt even if its not that interesting. i do it all the time… and im sure a large percentage of the league does as well.

[159 words]

OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?

If I could add one rule to the sport of hockey, it would to make offsides legal. I think it being not allowed is absolutely absurd and making it legal would make for more exciting and more fun hockey. Think of all the new strategies it could bring and the amount of points that could be potentially scored! You could slip a player deep to the opponent's side of the ice to be wide open for a one on one when you're confident of winning a four on five defense. Or maybe it'll force a defender back when the opponent has the puck, making it easier to defend. Either way it'd force players to different positions, it would open up the ice, and it would make it so there is more useable space at all times. Long passes, new techniques, and frequent one on ones. Speed would become king as players would need to be able to quickly react to new scenarios and it'd be a much more high paced game than it already is.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

If I could change any rule, I would change any of the rules in the game that hinder goalies from scoring. There are a few I can think of off the top of my head. First, I'd get rid of the rule that goalies can't go past the red line. If a goalie wants to try and skate the puck down the ice, they should be able to. Or if they want to go fight the opposing goalie, that should be allowed as well. Second, I would get rid of the stupid ass trapezoid behind the goal line. It was only ever an issue for Marty, it's unnecessary now. It robs us of extra potential goalie shots from full ice. The last rule change I was add, rather than change, is that the goalie is allowed, nay, is required, to shoot in the shootout if the score is tied after five shooters. It's not enough to see goalies score; we need to see them dangle, snipe, and celly.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

I honestly don't think that there would be any funny punishments that you could do if someone were using ChatGPT to do their point tasks. The end of the day this is a for fun league, and it just sucks the fun out of it for others that some people are lazy enough to use ChatGPT to try and be good at a fake sports league. I know that there are definitely severe punishments, but if you were to make a funny punishment, to me, it just kind of defeats the purpose. If you want to discourage someone, you have to make it actually meaningful. It also doesn't help that I am writing this PT at 9pm on a Sunday, and I'm just trying to get it done. Punishments aren't supposed to be funny, I'm sorry if this doesn't fit the prompt.

For an actual punishment, losing 2x the TPE and suspended one IRL week for each PT scammed on would be a great place to start.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Introducing a bold change to ice hockey's icing rules, a revolutionary concept that aims to spice up the game while still maintaining fairness. When a team commits an icing infraction, instead of the conventional stoppage of play and a face-off, we propose an innovative twist: We still have the faceoff in the defensive zone just like before. BUT we send one player from the offending teams bench to the penalty box and here's the catch – they can't rejoin the game until they've emptied a 10 oz container of icing. It can never be someone that was on the ice at the time of the infraction. If line 4 is on the ice... looks like someone from line 1 is going to the box. 

This rule change retains the balance of a 5-on-5 contest while offering an intriguing penalty challenge. While the icing team is not officially short-handed, they are effectively down a player temporarily. The "icing penalty box" introduces an element of excitement, strategy, and even humor to the game, as players endeavor to quickly consume icing and rejoin the action.
Imagine a scenario where a team's relentless use of icing could potentially lead to an incredible sight: a penalty box bustling with players, all of whom are on a unique mission – to devour 10 oz of icing. This rule change brings intriguing dynamic to the game. When a team consistently ices the puck, the penalty box becomes a crowded hub of activity. Players, one after another, enter the box, armed with small containers of icing, and embark on a sweet challenge that goes beyond the traditional penalties. As they consume spoonfuls of sugary goodness, they experience an adrenaline rush like no other and potentially an upset tummy, as their teammates carry on with the game on the ice. For spectators, it's a spectacle that adds a whole new layer of excitement to the game. The crowd eagerly watches as players hurriedly scoop, gobble, but never share their icing rations. It's a quirky, endearing sight that breaks the tension of the game, creating moments of hilarity and camaraderie among the players.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

To be honest, I never even considered ChatGPT even be something anyone would use for a PT until recently. PTs are not something that are expected to be long, researched novels but more should be something fun that we do that brings a personal and creative aspect to the SHL. Ultimately this is a hobby and not a job, so perfection is not needed. There should be strict rules in place for using an AI because it is cheating. In my belief, HO should place the following punishments based on how many PT’s a user uses AI.
1.      TPE earned for that PT will be taken away
2.      Double TPE taken away
3.      Triple TPE taken away and $1M fine
4.      A one-week site ban
5.      Must send video proof of them completing the PT to the PT Head
6.      They must send every single user in the SHL an apology video. For every user that they do not send a video to then they must be fined $100k per user missed

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

I think everyone who uses chatGPT for point tasks in the simulation hockey leagues point task section should be forced to write the point tasks about an alien taking over your team or do the one about doing pranks on mascots or rivals or whatever for the rest of time. Then it would be very hard to write anything that makes sense and also you would have to constantly come up with new pranks to do on another team or come up with different kinds of aliens to attack our league or come up with new aliens that are attacking the earth or maybe new aliens that are attacking other leagues and the different leagues come together to attack the different aliens. That would be hard to write about at all let alone permanently for using a chat bot that is hard to write on as it is and teach it what the teams are in the simulation hockey league and different players. hopefully no  one is doing that to do their Point tasks that would be very bad

[Image: rotti.gif]

One rule I would add in hockey is to make it more romantic. Players must kiss and make up after fights. They say “No soap operas, just hockey” but why no soap operas? Wheres the fun in that? There isn’t any. After every scrum, the opponents should kiss each other. Kissing goalies after wins is mandatory. Your defenseman made a game saving shot block? Kiss them. Let’s grow the game and make it more appealing to wider audiences. Like baseball banned the shift and added a pitch clock, lets give people more reasons to show up to a hockey game. Everyone loves a little kiss on the cheek. I think adding this into the game will make it more enjoyable to watch and even more enjoyable to play, all while reducing risk of injury because everyone is nice to each other instead of excessively violent. It’s time to change hockey for the better.

[Image: rizzton.png]
Leon Rizzton - Defenseman - Timber  - Sig made by KaleSalad!

Option 2

First of all, I want to stress out how much of this I have written myself which is 100%, not a single word of this has been written by ChatGPT or any similar IA. Using ChatGPT to write an assignment that should be written by a human being would be very objectively wrong. No human person should ever use an Artificial Intelligence system to do their creative work for them to get easier rewards over their morality-abiding and rules-abiding peers.

A proper punishment for this would be to integrate ChatGPT into the update portal and have the AI make the cheater's updates for them for at least two seasons in a row. You live by the AI, you die by the AI kind of deal. If it's a team-wide issue, then have ChatGPT rebrand the whole team entirely and also rename every player to something very weird and boring. I think those punishments would be very fitting.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

The real punishment for using AI to do your PTs should be to read out loud a five thousand word punishment, also generated by AI. You will have to read the punishment out loud and record yourself and then post it as a podcast. You will not get paid for the podcast, but you will have to post it anyway, and the text will be something about how shameful it is to cheat at fake sports, a hobby people use their real time to participate in, because you could just as easily pick a hobby that you care enough about to actually do the work. Sure, it's not the most serious thing in the grand scheme of things, but honestly, if you cannot write 150 words for a fake assignment, what does that say about your work ethic as a person? My father would say that kids these days don't wanna work, they just want to have everything handed to them. SMH my head.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .