Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

Kristian Seppanen blocks shots, no - blocks goals. Kristian Seppanen is like a second goalie out there on the ice. I make our offence better, so our goalie has to focus less. I make our defence better, so our goalie has to save less. I block shots like a madman so our goalie can win goalie awards. I do it all in the name of our goalie. I pray for our goalie, I dream about our goalie, I live and breathe for goaltending. The goalies are why I practice. The goalies are why I eat. I even set up a temple to honour the goalies for their sacrifice to my success.

Jokes-ish aside, the goalies could really help by continuing their great work - Jim Wen and Ryker Johnasson have two of the top 10 GAA, GSAA, and SV% in the league. Both goalies are playing at the top of their game right now, and both goalies deserve all the praise in the world for their work.

OPTION 2: Defensemen have different things to do depending on where we are on the ice and whether we are in possession of the puck or not. In the defensive zone, I expect them to defend the lower part of the zone and take care of covering the players that are close to the front of the net. I expect them to get the puck quickly to the forwards when they can possession back, but we need to be in a position fast enough to offer them a passing option. On the counter, I expect them to take care of the puck carrier while we back check to cover people who don’t have possession of the puck. When we are in possession of the puck whether it is in the offensive zone or the neutral zone, I expect them to stay back a bit to offer easy passing options to the forward. They are usually the perfect passing option if we are looking to slow down the play or go for a line change.

172 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Defending Defensemen

I expect most answers in regards to asking defensemen for help will be defensively or a few chip in points but right now in Carolina we are fine defensively so they are not needed to help out there. On the flip side though our offense ... is a little suspect. The first line scores at a decent pace but we are hurting for goals and offense outside that first line forwards so what we need most from our defense to succeed is for them to jump in the rush and blast a few more shots from the point because we desperately need that help offensively as last i checked Carolina was sitting last in the league for goals scored. At this point Alexandros has not been good for scoring points to a degree i'm ready to tell the defense to play forward and i'll play D in a bid to get a few extra points for the team.

159 words

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Anchor: After the success of the IIHF training camps between players of the SHL and IIHF and countries without teams; many teams are bringing players over to play hockey and see a professional game live, for some, for the first time.

Reporter: San Francisco player, Greg Davies, spent a number of weeks in South Africa training hockey players to hopefully be the future of the IIHF and even maybe the SHL. We spoke to him about his trip.

Davies: Yeah, many of the players learned fast and when I learned many of them hadn't been to an official professional game I invited members of the team to come to the US to watch and perform for fans.

Reporter: You will be able to catch players from many countries before numerous games this season all around the league.

Anchor: Fans will be able to see the South Africa team practice Live post-game of the December 19th Battle of California game between the San Francisco Pride and the Los Angeles Panthers

Code:
169 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Option 2 -

Considering Jussi Mutou has been the epitome of “all gas, no brakes”, he would start by asking his defencemen to play responsible in their own zone and not too aggressive on offence. Seeing as how Mutou’s own defensive play isn’t quite where it could be, he definitely needs teammates who can cover for him in those areas. Aside from that, Mutou asks his defence to pick up loose pucks after he so violently separates them from opposing players. Mutou sits near the top of the league in hits, so if the Raptors could capitalize on the momentum swings, they could rise in the standings very quickly.

On the offence side of things, Mutou asks his defenders to be proactive, instead of reactive. When it looks like the offence is fizzling out and a rush is headed the other way, it’s better to be back early than potentially try to keep a puck in and miss an assignment.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Adam would suggest the next game the Platoon have against the Philly Forge. It will be a hard fought game and there will most definitly be plenty of goals for the kids to see. Adam would make sure the kids were sitting right on the glass so they can see the game up close. He wants them to experience the speed and size of the game. His goal is for the kids to fall in love with the game like he did at a young age. He would also bring the kids to the ramparts of the stadium so they can experience the cannons being fired and the specticale that is the platoon arena. The last stop he has would be for the team to head to the aquarium in the harbor and have some fun seeing the fish and other wildlife. Adam loved going there as a kid so he know his team would love to see it too.

Foil Up Boys

We want the defensemen to be careful. We tend to be all over the place and we sometimes lack cohesiveness. Keep the game simple, and take your time to get a good first pass out of the zone. Fry @Wheels is a good example of this, he defines what grace under pressure is. He plays like a quarterback and has only 2 full seasons under his belt. He’s the first to get in the gym, the last to leave, and still he plays 22m48s average each night, the highest average time on ice on our team, and gave 1 giveaway this season, in 15 games. One. And he blocks shots too, leading the team with 39, co-leading with Kermit Murphy. Kermit @notorioustig is also a great example of what we expect from our defensemen. Kermit has seen a lot in Seattle, and knows how the game works. The new kids look up to Murphy, on the ice, but also outside. On the road, on the plane, in restaurants. Coaches can teach tactics, but can’t teach by example how to become athletes. We are luck to have Murphy and Brooks for that.

Code:
194 words

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Option 2:

As a defensemen, communication with your goalie is crucial to a successful defensive scheme. Knowing your goalie's tendencies can really help you be in the right place at the right time to make the proper play. I make it my goal to meet with my goalie at the beginning of every camp to lay some ground work. Then, throughout camp, I keep the communication going and hopefully solidify our game styles with each other and make sure we're as comfortable together as possible before the games start.

The thing I've noticed in my time playing this game, every goalie wants me to focus on two main things. The first one is how to defend a 2-on-1. Every goalie I've talked to tells me to always take away the pass. Their job is to be able to handle a shooter coming in on them. It's a much easier play to make than having to worry about the pass making it through and having to slide across the crease to make a desperation save. Always take away the pass. The second thing is to clear the front of the net so they can see the shot. It's infinitely easier to save a puck you can see so they always stress that I need to do my best to clear the sight paths for them. In that same vein, I've always been told, if you're not going to block the shot, get out of the way. Either commit fully to the shot block or move because the chances of it deflecting off me or me screening the goalie are huge.

Goalies are a special breed, but as a defensemen, the relationship is key. Always keep your goalie happy.

(285 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

If it were up to Cranberry, she'd want the kids to be seated right in the front row against the boards so they can get first hand perspective on the intensity of the game. After a lot of consideration Lea figured the best option would be a Battle of Alberta home game in CGY. Although there's a good chance of another 10+ goal shutout, nothing quite captures the true passion of the sport like a rivalry game. Win or lose, Lea is confident the kids will enjoy it. Some other things Cranberry would love to take them to do in CGY would be to take the kids to the mountains for a ski/snowboarding trip! She thinks the kids would be thrilled to see and play in snow, especially since with them being from a warmer climate some of them have never even seen snow before. It's gonna be a blast. Luckily there's a lot of time to lock in and get some extra training done before the next home game against EDM, Cranberry's confident her and CGY can give EDM a run for their money.

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

What does Hugh Manius want out of his fellow defensemen on the New Orleans Specters? It really is not much. What does he expect from his other defensemen, the puck. Granted Hugh is not lighting it up currently but he expects to be fed the puck so he can fire it from the blue line. He is not going to get any goals by not shooting. Well maybe Hugh expects two things now that he is thinking about it and I need more words for this PT task. Therefore, Hugh also expects his fellow blue liner to accept passes and move puck. Additionally, the other blue liner should not be afraid to fire it off. If the opportunity is there be all means take it, why let the forwards have all the fun. If the other defenseman can follow those simple rules. Hugh Manius will be happy with his defensemen brethren.
Words ~151

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

The main thing that would be helpful to our goalie would be what Nik is thriving at. Shot blocking. At the time of writing Nik Smith is leading SMJHL with 86 blocked shots. Which the simple belief is that goalie won't have to stop many shots if the shots never get to them. So if more people block shot then the goalie would not have to deal with as much work. The next closest teammate on his team with blocked  shots is 33. there needs to be more blocked shot on the team more defensive pressure and skill on the team. there would be more wins and less 10 goal blowouts losses. In a more minor issue the hits on the team has certainty improved since the last prompt so the defense needs to step up there as well.

[Image: smith2.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)