Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

With the winning team getting to fly over to philly for a game what better game then to bring them to then a close rivalry one with Atlanta. Being our division rivals is only seems fitting that it would be the must come to watch game for these kids. The fact they are coming from overseas means they would have to make a week long trip out of it which would include a practice and or scrimmage with the team and a tour of the facilities. As far as getting to the game they would be along the center ice line either the top seats of the lower bowl or first row in the upper bowl of seating. These are the prime seats and would allow the kids to get to take in more of the game and have a true experience for their first SHL games ever. They would all get jerseys to wear and would definitely make sure the jumbotron focused on their group for cheering and celebrations!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Option 2

I want the defensemen on the team to help out by shouting words of encouragement from the blue line whenever I'm about to make a play or take a shot. Their other actions on the ice don't matter as much as providing a good supportive environment for the team to play in. Also, defensemen put their bodies on the line too much to block so many shots in a game. I want them to block less shots and throw less hits so that their physical health is taken care of at all times. Losing a teammate to injury is something we want to avoid. If the opposing team has the puck in our end and is about to shoot, it should be my job as a forward to make the shot difficult for them and take away the puck instead of relying on blocks from the defense. Finally, I expect the most important defenseman on the team, our captain Ben Jammin to keep sending :people_hugging: emotes in the locker room.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

If anyone paid attention to Brooklyn Physt's rookie season in S72 they would be acutely aware of her style of play. She is a fast defender with a very active stick and a decent all round game on the back end. She prefers to help in her own zone with taking the puck off the opponent and making quick transitions up the ice. She does hit sometimes, she lays down the body to block shots the odd time too. But by an large she excels at tightly checking and keeping up with forwards to stifle them and give them no time or space to operate. Breaking up rushes and plowing up the ice in the hopes of creating offence. Does it help? Sometimes. It is a style that really relies on being able to convert on offence as well as being able to be in the right spot at the right time. Remember we are not talking about Prime Nick Lidstrom. We are talking about a 350 TPE player going up against some 425 players.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 06:58 PM by Lumosityfan.)

Option #1

What better game for kids to watch than a game against one of our rivals? The way I decide which rival to choose is who is the closest to us right now and on the same right track (roughly) as us? Even though they’re a little ahead of us right now, I’d go with a game against the Texas Renegades because they’re competitive with us and it would provide a great experience for the kids. I would suggest seats sort of in the middle because it still allows them to see the action up-close yet is not too close so that they can still get the greater perspective of what goes on on the ice. I would also take them to the Mall of America since it’s nearby and let them go crazy with regards to buying things like clothes, toys, and food. Finally, I would take them out to the Mississippi River and let them take in the view of the city from outside the city limits.

Valerija Serapin help put the goaltender by being the biggest menace on the ice she can be. She is a nightmare for opponents to approach. Unless there is a certain amount of girt, players are warned to stay away from and keep your head up around her. She wi0ll destroy all but the toughest that tries to crash the net. She will take two minutes in the sin bin if it means you don't have a chance to score. She doesn't care about feeling and has no mercy.  She sweeps away any trash that would blind a netminder. But she does so much more that break the will of opponents. She is just as good at keeping pucks away as people. She can poke the puck loose when a check is not recommended. She has many of the intangibles you want to see in a player. She is  just fast enough and has enough offensive skill to help out on offense too.

Defending Defensmen

What I want from my dmen is pretty simple, some good shutdown hockey, if they can keep the puck out of our net, then hopefully me and the rest of the offense can put the puck in the other teams net. Secondarily, good breakout passing and activation in the offensive zone is a perk too, sometimes the biggest difference maker in a game is a defensman that can dance the blue line while carrying the puck better than I can square dance. To expand on shutdown defense, it’s nice when the defense men are down and blocking shots, sometimes, an attempted block can mess up the opposing teams potential shooter more than actually blocking it will. Big crease clearers is a must as well, getting some bugger out of the goalies vision not only helps the goalie see the puck, but can potentially frustrate the other teams player into taking an unnecessary penalty by slashing or other forms of anger explosions.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Option 2:

As a goalie, Sir Devoir would really like more help from the defenders in terms of not having him have to block tons of shots himself. As high TPE as he is right now, as he has over 1600 TPE as of this writing, he can't do everything himself and all the shots he has to block makes it hard for him to keep from becoming exhausted. It would also help if the players checked the other players more and get the puck to the Baltimore Platoon, hopefully resulting in more goals which can result in the pressure being taken off Devoir for the rest of the game.

Devoir has mentioned this a lot in pregame speeches, though Baltimore defenders are still growing so he does know that they need to learn and improve and that eventually that will become pretty good defenders if they just work hard enough. Still, Devoir can't do everything himself as I said so any kind of help that he can get would be great.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

(Option 2)

I'm loving the defensive corps the Raptors have this season, especially Nik Smith. This dude is blocking every single shot imaginable. He is like a second goalie when he is in the ice.

If I could have a defensive team of my choice, it would be clones of Nik Smith. It's funny in a sense, because last season, the Colorado Raptors were one of the worst defensive teams, and they have already managed to turn that around, with a huge thanks to Nik Smith.

Also, a lot of of that is also due to the fact that their are some defensive minded forwards this season as well. New additions such as Leo Wood, Gilleyes, and even myself, Nick Kodiak. Even the top of the roster has been seeing an uptick in defensive skill, with Xavier and Mussi both doing a lot defensively as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I could have the perfect defensive corps, it would be the one in place already.

Option 2: Defending Defensemen (written)

Max likes to consider himself as a third defenseman on the ice due to his willingness as a forward to play diligent defense. What he expects the defensemen on his team to do is control their zones and trust that Max will win the fights for pucks along the boards so they're not drawn out to help and then leave an open spot in front of the crease that leaves the goalie out to dry. Another aspect that Max expects from his D is quick passing out of the zone to let himself and forwards move the puck up the ice quickly and efficiently. In terms of physical play, Max loves to see his defensemen using their physicality to wear down the other teams forwards which eventually takes its toll throughout the 60 minutes 
on the ice. This allows the Max and the rest of the forwards to utilize their speed, agility and puckhandling to skate by the tired and bruised opponents and put pucks in the net.

(168 words)

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

Option 2

What does Dusty Rhodes want his defensemen to do? Play a tough physical game. Rhodes loves physical play and he wants all his teammates to play that way as well. The old pound the fuckin body mantra. And also to let him know who's trying to take advantage of them physically so Rhodes can take things into his own hands if the case is needed. Also he wants them to fire away from the point. Rhodes gets most of his points in front of the net screening the goalie. If the defense fires shots not only will they score more with Rhodes blosking the goalie's vision but Rhodes can get the cheap rebounds or the deflections to get points of his own. Rhodes is making a career out of sitting in front of the net so that behooves the defensemen to play in that fire away style. Any offense is good offense even if it comes from the defense.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

As the week of hockey camp in Mongolia came to a close, the kids were beaming with enthusiasm. They had embraced the sport wholeheartedly and formed close-knit teams. The organization, impressed with their progress, decided to reward the winning scrimmage team with a special treat, tickets to one of Fry's upcoming games. Fry suggested that they be given seats in the lower section, right behind the glass. He wanted the children to feel the energy and intensity of the game up close. Fry knew the kids would be awe-inspired by the skills on display. During their visit to his city, he arranged for a tour of the arena, sharing the history and significance of the sport in Baltimore. They also got to meet some of the local players and hear their inspiring stories. Additionally, he organized a cultural exchange, allowing the kids to experience the city's diverse traditions, cuisine, and heritage, leaving them with unforgettable memories of their hockey adventure in Mongolia and beyond.

164 Words

P1: That sounds like a wonderful opportunity for the kids! For the game, I would suggest getting tickets for a match that promises an exciting and intense experience. For the hockey game, I'd suggest purchasing tickets in the lower bowl or the middle sections of the arena. These seats offer a great view of the game and will allow the kids to fully enjoy the excitement of the match. As for the game itself, a match against a rival team or a high-profile team would likely be more thrilling for the kids. Consider a game against a well-known team in the league to enhance the experience, perhaps against a team with a significant rivalry or a strong historical competition.

In addition to the hockey game, there are plenty of other activities the kids can enjoy while visiting the city. Here are a few suggestions:

Visit a local museum: Choose a museum that aligns with the interests of the kids, whether it's science, history, art, or technology. Many museums offer interactive exhibits that can be both fun and educational.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Code:
OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

As one of and generally for now the first goalie on the Minnesota Monarchs, defense will always be key to the success of the team and to help Enes Gundogan out on a nightly basis. While Enes is quite good at shutting down opponent goal scorers, he is still a human goalie and just forwards and defensemen peppering shots at him all game without some defensive help would not end well. Generally, in the sim, the defense is pretty key versus the goalies of not allowing goals and it is about limiting those shot attempts. In the deep rebuilding years just a few seasons ago, Enes had 50+ shots against him on a nightly basis and was commonly among the top goalies in terms of shots against and saves because of this. However, now with Enes playing solid even garnering some McBride attention and nominations, the defense is key to helping prevent easy shots and then he can do his job and keep other shots out of the net. Now the team is allowing around 40 shots per game and while it is still a bit high, it is much lower than the times of old and behind a high goal scoring team it can work well. Enes ranks top 5 in goals saved above average and save percentage showing he still is playing at a high level for the Monarchs and probably should play more often in net outplaying fellow 1b goalie in Jeff Newman right now. The defense needs to just keep preventing easy shots and Enes can make the rest of the saves and it will be key. Can't do it without the defense and the picks and money spent on improving that defense has done great things for both the Monarchs and Enes Gundogan.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

As a defenceman, my (arguably most important) job is to make the lessen the goalie's workload and make it as simple and easy as possible for them. So naturally my main way of doing this is screaming at them every time they attempt to play the puck. Nearly every time the goalie attempts a pass, it's a nightmare. Dealing with this is horrible for us and them. The second I'm coming back into my corner to scoop out a dumped puck and I see one of those idiots weaseling out of the net to try to do a Marty Brodeur impression I start screaming at the top of my lungs. Usually the noises that come out of me are just nonsense, but it always means "leave it for me you idiot, get back in the net, I can do it myself." Sometimes this helps, and other times I'm disregarded and an awful unforgivable pass from a guy using a cricket bat as a stick goes straight to the other team.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]