Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 03:22 PM by goldenglutes.)

option 2 defending defensemen

well binko as a forward has some choice words that he would like to say to the defense men of the atlanta inferno. and i am sure that you as the dear reader would like to know what those choice words are, wouldn't you? huh? you want to know don't you? you're a little nosy aren't you? yeah ok nosy little reader that wants to know all about the gossip of the simulation hockey league, here are binko's words for his defense men then, and also i guess for you since you want to know so badly! binko said to his defense men (including agnes @micool132 and eel @hotdog): make sure you pay attention to what is happening when we are transitioning the puck into the neutral zone from our own zone, because that is when turnovers are likely to happen! so make sure you don't get caught sleeping! there, are you as the viewer satisfied now that you know what binko said to his defense men? disgusting

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Option 2:

Even though Mac Turner is a defensive forward he still has a checklist for what his defenders should do. This one is not a requirment but Mac sue loves when his Defense Men throw the big hits, I'm talking sending players into space. Now on a more serious note Mac Does want his defenders to do a couple things. For one, Mac Turner wants his Defense men to:Defend. Its in the name! You Defense Men gotta make the smart plays, and not leave our goalie vulnerable. Secondly, on the powerplay, Mac espeically wants to see the D-Man starting the breakout and not tuning it over. On the powerplay, the breakout for the most part starts with the defense man. Any points, goals, etc, are just a sweet, sweet bonus. 
Mac Turner Also like Big, BIG, D-Men. Hey if you can also throw a punch good on ya.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Option 2

Marton is lucky that he doesn't have to worry much about the defense in Texas, with the strong leadership of Dirty Boots and Hodor helping the young guys learn what is expected of them. There have been some noticeable growing pains this season, but the team-first mentally of blocking shots and using the body remains the same. If anything, the attitude has gone a little too far and the Renegades are racking up the penalty minutes to their own detriment. Everyone, forwards and D alike, need to find the line between physical play and drawing the whistle.

But for the defense specifically, Marton's game especially requires a huge wall at the blue line. He wants to get into the corners and then out in front of the net. Like Thomas Holmstrom before him, his game is all about playing beneath the goal line or walking around the crease. That means he needs to be able to trust the D to keep the puck from squiring out of the zone, and then having them throw it back down to where Marton can work with it, either by dumping back to the corner or ripping a long shot he can try to screen and tip.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

With the camp ending, it would be great to have the kids out to watch an SHL game. It would be great to have the kids come out to a Texas versus Chicago game, in Texas of course at the best atmosphere in the SHL. Texas and Chicago are rivals, and the games are always exciting. Lots of goals, lots of hits, even some fights if you are lucky. You have players motivated to beat each other the in the best way possible. When inviting the kids to the game, I would have them sit in my personal suite, which would allow them free access to all the concession food they want, as well as popcorn and nachos and their favorite pop! After the game they would be invited down to the locker room to meet the team, take pictures and even get some awesome autographs that they could take back and show their friends. We want this to be a memorable experience for them!
160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Option 2

As a goaltender, the number one thing I would want for a defenseman to do, is the obvious, play extremely well defense. Of course, I feel like I could carry any team on my back and wouldn't need an extremely well defense in front of me. But there's some days where you don't have your A game and need to be carried by the players in front of you, so having those extremely well defensive defenseman to have my back during those off-days would be a good insurance. And even if I am playing like my usual lights out stuff, having the defense be elite in front of me would also be extremely useful as it'll be a good insurance for if I just suddenly lose any ability to play goalie, or if I decide to hot dog it like Patrick Roy. So yeah, having defenseman in front who are elite at playing defense is the number one thing I would want.

[162 words]

RIP Mac & 701

Option 2 / Written Task

As a defenseman myself, I want to make sure my goalie knows I will do literally anything to ensure that the puck is not getting anywhere close the net. That means that I will use my stick or my body in order to prevent the offensive player from getting a shot off, or making a move toward the goaltender. Truth is, I would rather get a puck square in the teeth than see a puck get to the back of the net. Throughout my career, I have always made it a point to really not think out there. Because for any player, as soon as you think about the pain of blocking a shot or getting a stick to the face, that is when the fear can set in. I always mentally prepare myself so that I do not think until after the game, and I believe it makes me more fearless to stop that puck.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Anthony Dionne and Dirty Boots have a great relationship. The fact that Dionne is in goal for Texas and Boots spends earns a decent amount of ice time ice means they spend a lot of time together on the ice as well as off the ice. Because of this the two of them have great chemistry which helps them out in many ways! Dionne will have a great idea of where Boots is on the ice at all times. He knows the risks he takes and his hesitations which allow him to get in better position in front of him. The same goes for Boots. If the puck is dumped in, Boots has a good idea depending on who's chasing him and if there's anyone entering their zone if Dionne will get out of the net and chase the puck aggressively or if he'll back up and play it safe in net.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

prompt 1

sebastien regazzoni was very happy to find out that the winning team of liechtensteiner kids wanted to go to a steelhawks game. he offered to pay for their airfare from vaduz to hamilton, as he wanted them to get a front row seat to the shl action. that's right. he bought out an entire row of seats as close to the ice as possible for the kids to watch him play. in his opinion, he'd rather them sit there than a box; sure a box has cushier seats but it's further away from the action. he also plans to get them to hamilton during one of the most electric rivalries in shl history - a home game where the steelhawks host the buffalo stampede. these kids aren't going to want to see a bad game, so he'd rather them see a great game from up close than a poor game from far away.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Sad Ketchup of the Newfoundland Berserkers is not known for his defensive work so Sad Ketchup usually depends on the defenseman on his team to do that work, although Sad Ketchup has been better lately. First, Sad Ketchup wants his defensemen to be quick enough to get themselves back into the play or have the hockey IQ to know when its a good play to step up and create offense, because Sad Ketchup right now is not the best at covering for his defenseman. So far this season Ketchup only has 1 shot blocked which means he wants his defenseman to block shots when possible as it appears thus far Sad Ketchup is unable or unwilling to do so. At the end of the day defenseman need to have quality positioning, a good stick and be able to separate players from the puck. Ideally Sad Ketchup would like his defenseman to be able to create offense in the offensive zone and have good passing skills, force the opponent to play more defense than have to play defense himself, although that can't always happen but in an ideal world for Ketchup his game would be spent in the offensive zone.

(190 words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Option 2

As a defenseman, you can't really ask much out of the goalie other than to make a save. They are there to help bail you out so you might as well make it as easy as possible for them. And so, if they just cover the shooter, us defensemen will have their cross crease. If they tell us what shots they are confident in handling and what shots they are not, we can best position ourselves to push the shooter to the side in which they are most comfortable. Ultimately, it is a two way street so if goalies can really vocalize in terms of what they prefer and what they don't prefer, that would be best for the team overall. That and just stop the basic shots that would be great because eventually we will need some help in getting bailed out here and there! There is only so much that we can do as defensemen!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

philippe eko eel is himself a defenseman, so i will document what mr. philippe the eel will do this season to enact strong defensive principles and help out our goalie. i will start by trying to call up our goalies on the phone to ask them what they want from us this season but it looks like neither of them are picking up the phone because they are both inactive and I can't reach them so i guess i'll just wing it without their input! the number one thing i will do is blonk some shots - since our goalies are very not that great in terms of raw TPE attributes they may not be that well equipped to stop shots themselves (this is not rude since they will not see this since they are inactive) so the more shots that I myself can block the fewer they'll have to and that seems like an optimal outcome here. the other thing i will try to do is gather lots of takeaways - if they don't have the puck at all (because i took it away from them) then it is also unlikely they will be able to score on our shit goalies

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

ISFL PT

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Prompt 1
[Image: Be-Bold-Event-Instagram-Story-20231011-230055-0000.png]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

OPTION 1

First of all, Viktor Hargreeves is buying the tickets, and it's going to be for both scrimmage teams. He doesn't usually notice a lot, but sad children would stress him the hell out. In terms of where we seat these very happy children, the priority is definitely going to be somewhere with a great view of the game. Personally, Viktor is a big fan of the corner spots. He would probably end up buying out an entire slice on the side where the San Francisco Pride attack twice, since goals are what everyone comes to see. As for what team the children get to see the Pride face off against, the easy pick is the Calgary Dragons for a few reasons: both of the teams have no idea what defense is, they are divisional rivals, and the Dragons roster would likely have time to stick around and meet the kids alongside the Pride. And of course, he would make sure to finish their visit with good old fashioned sight seeing tour that includes the Golden Gate Bridge and specifically avoiding Alcatraz.

Code:
181 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Task 2

As a forward, William Salming just hopes that defenders are able to give an easy first pass from tape to tape. But how to do it? Well, as a forward you need to help them. You can't steal in your own zone before your team has won the puck. You need to wait close to the blue line so defenders can give you that easy first pass. Also when under pressure, you need to come little bit closer from the own blue line so the defender can pass you along the boards with the first touch. So as a forward I don't demand too much from the defenders when they have the puck. We as forwards need to help them to give that easy pass. And when without the puck, I just expect that defenders keep their gaps and defend our own blue line aggressively. Nothing special, just read the play correct and then give some pressure with your stick and bodycheck.

[Image: salming.png]