Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

I always recommend to people that when they attend a hockey game, that they should sit in the corner sections, about 15 to 20 rows off the ice, I find that this is the best place to be able to see as much of the ice as possible and get to truly enjoy the game. Don’t listen to the people that will tell you that you need to sit right on the glass; those seats cost more, you can’t see 80% of the ice, and the views really aren’t worth it for the cost. If you want to enjoy a hockey game, 15-20 rows up in the corners. Of course, if you’re sitting in the mezzanine or the balcony (I cannot think of what the sports word for that section of the stadium is called), then you want to be closer to the front. If you’re not afraid of heights, you can often get a great view for cheaper price that way.

WC: 162

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Option 2:

As a goalie, my defensemen are of VITAL importance, not only to the team, but especially to me! I need them to not be afraid to put their bodies on the line, just like I do between the pipes, in order to block shots before they get to me. I need them to hit hard and often to make those opposing forwards think twice about getting too close to the crease. I need them to put in a shift on the offensive end, as well, providing solid passing and helping to spring our attack by finding our offensive threats. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have to be tight off the ice. Defense wins championships, and on-ice chemistry begins off the ice. Game nights, parties, goofing around...we need to get to know each other well to read each other on the ice. Having each other's significant others meet and hang out would be a nice bonus, too. It's hard to get too mad at each other about in-game stuff when you know your SO's are hanging out in the crowd watching.
(178 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

ISFL Affilite (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Option 2:

The main thing that Matiss likes for his defenseman to do during a game is always involve themselves in the offensive zone. If the defense gets involved in the offensive zone with good rotations and puck movement, it opens up the offensive zone, creating more opportunities for scoring chances which lead to scoring more goals. As for the team right now for New England, our defense does a very good job of jumping up into offensive rushes, and being very active in the offensive zone. This high level of offensive activity that our defense brings on the ice has allowed New England to be one of the top teams over the last few seasons putting up good regular season and playoff stats. Matiss is always looking to pass back to the defenseman in the office of sound to get some shots taken from the point. Matiss is a team player and likes to get everybody involved, including the defenseman. So when Matiss is on the ice, the defenseman better be ready to be involved.

Mephi tries to always drive the puck forward, less time in our own zone means fewer scoring chances for the opposition.
Attack first is not only a mentality but a philosophy. Trying to never move the puck backward when you regain possession, always looking for open ice.
So the biggest way Mephi helps his goalie is by removing the threats in the first place, simply having the puck occupy the opposition goalie instead.
It doesn't always work out, especially during second periods where there are longer ways to the booth. Then it's okay to sometimes hide behind the net and wait for fresh dudes to come onto the ice.

In Boxplay Mephi is always trying to cut angles, he's less of a strong defender on body checks and more finesse. Stick on pucks, deflecting shots out of bounds and such. But once again the simplest way to elevate pressure from your goalie is to move the puck out of the zone.

It doesn't always have to be the most sexy play either. A well dumped puck can take the pressure of and got your line stable.

RETIRED

[Image: Carolina-Kraken-vs-Detroit-Falcons.png]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

I think more than anything I, Daniel Grumathan, would like my defensemen just to teach me how to play better defense. They generally do a really good job on the defensive end and helping convert those defensive efforts into offensive ones when they can so I think just teaching me more how I can help out on that side of of things would be very helpful to all involved. As a left winger, it just was not part of my game that while I did put some work into, is just not developed enough to actually be useful in the major leagues just yet. Some of that I think is just experience, especially getting used to how much faster the pace of play is even to the minor league, but also technique is a big thing. Learning how to position myself, position the stick, and what to look for to be able to read an offense coming right at me.

We have already established last week that Elena Maximova does not play defense, despite being on her team's first defensive pairing. She expects her partner, Julian Florsch, to do most of the defensive work for both of them. Unfortunately, it hasn't been working very well for either of them but the Monarchs are still looking relatively good so who cares? Who needs defense when you score more than your opponent? So yeah, here's my actual answer to the question: she will help her goalies by trying to generate more offense so they can comfortably let in 3, even 4 goals per game and still have a chance to win their matches. That's the plan but it would be great if some of those shots actually went in and she wasn't trailing everyone on her team so much. It's been a frustrating rookie season so far but when your team is kinda doing well, you can't complain too much.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Defensemen ate some of the most important players on the ice and it is by no means an easy position to play. There are some key factors that every great defender has to have mastered. the most important thing is skating, a great defenseman has to be a good skater to keep up with the other teams forwards and to be able to skate the puck up the ice if they have space. Another important skill is to be able to make a good first pass. If the defender can’t make a breakout pass they’ll never leave their own zone this is also important to help create opportunities in the offensive zone. Lastly a great defender has to have a good stick to break up the opponents rushes and passes. If they defense can’t do this the other team will be able to skate around in the zone and create good scoring opportunities

Option 1 – Written Task – 155 Words
Lord Farquaads is enthralled that the kids had a great experience at the camp. Lord Farquaads offers his personal suite up for the kids to enjoy the game at, in Farquaads Friends, which donates 35 tickets to heroes of local charitable organizations and kids who are fighting dangerous medical situations like cancer and more. The game will be on December 27th when the top-seeded Edmonton Blizzard are in town. Winnipeg is attempting to chase them down in the race for the top seed in the West, and it’s sure to be a fantastic game to watch. The last Winnipeg vs Edmonton game resulted in a 10-7 win for the Aurora in Edmonton. While they’re in town, they will be given a free tour of Lord Farquaads’ dungeon deep below Northern Lights Arena, and treated to some of the finest cuisine and entertainment that Winnipeg and Manitoba have to offer. They will never forget this trip.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Pengu already does everything he can to help out his goalie! You see Matty is a very good goalie and he feeds Pengu all the tasty fishes. As a result, Pengu has been training hard as a stay at home defenseman to help make Matty's life easier! You see when goalie is happy, you get the yummies and so you have to help him keep the goal out of the net. As a result Pengu has been building up his physicals so he's faster and stronger and can position himself between any opposition and Matty. Nobody is allowed to get to him as long as Pengu is on the ice because Pengu always wants more and more of the fishes. This does sometimes leave Pengu a little disappointed because he also like to score as it excites everyone else, but any time there is a drive where Pengu doesn't get a chance to score because he's protecting Matty, Matty makes up for it with fishes so its always worth!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

In order to make the team way more successful and filled with wins, Melvin turned to Ben Jammin and Adelie de Pengu to discuss what to do to be better defensemen. After all, Melvin was a former defensive player, so he clearly knows this stuff.

Melvin first suggested that Jammin and Pengu make sure that the puck doesn't go into the net and that it isn't held by the other team at all. He said that taking the puck away was the most important part of the game, and that it was very important to then get that puck to the offensive players on the team. Probably passing it to Matsmith is the best choice, to be honest, because he's one of the strongest players on the team.

Additionally, Melvin told them that anyone who has the puck they should just absolutely check into the walls to help bring the puck away. Getting the puck so important.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I am the defensive defenseman on my team so I will be the one to say what happens when I want my fellow defenseman to do on the Hamilton Steelhawks. I would like our team to do more defense honestly that would be good. Get those defensive stats jacked up with training points earned and be sure that we are strong defensively with good checking and strength. Those are good things and ways to make defense more effective and I think if we can do that we can make some good progress for our team on the hamilton steelhawks defensive corps. The other thing we could do is get our forwards to do more defensive things like checking and strength and puck handling. The different kind of things we can do are limitless and have some fun and do some good things to boost our defensive fortitude me and widepeepohappy three are both really good at defense and the rest of the defenseman are really good too i am excited to see how our defense does for the rest of the season.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Kids are the backbone of the game, in a sense. They're the lifeblood of the fan following, but also what pushes pro players every day in their quest to keep pushing, keep improving, to keep up basically. Its when you see a talented young gun climbing the ranks that you kick it in high gear. That being said, I think it is more than fair to say that the kids, for their incredible performance, should get nothing short of the best seats in the house. After discussing with the owner and management group as the LA captain, I took it upon myself to make sure they'd get the owners box with unlimited food and drinks (non-alcoholic obviously, i'm not a maniac) so that they could truly enjoy the game, have themselves a night they will remember for ever. As far as opponent, what better than playing the other stinky california team. Oh yes, this will be one for the ages, and I hope we can make it a night for them. LET'S GO PANTHERS!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders