Create Account

Calgary Announces New Arena Name for S73 and S74

[164 words, ready for grading]

(OOC: One of the items up for auction for the charity drive was the name of the Calgary Dragons arena, and I won, so this is the announcement of that name.)

Press Release

[CALGARY, ALBERTA] - Following a generous contribution from an unnamed donor and team booster, the Calgary Dragons have announced that they have changed the name of their arena for the remainder of Season 73 and through Season 74. The arena will, for this period of time, be officially re-christened to the Mike Izzy Memorial Mojo Dojo Casa Saddledome Sponsored by Trans Lifeline.

"We were surprised by the offer, but we feel that this is a good way to remember our team's history while also drawing attention to a group that has done a ton of excellent work and can do a lot more with more resources," a team spokesperson said at the press conference to announce the name.

The donation amount will be matched by the team contributing to Trans Lifeline.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Petition for more than 1 season of this name? lol

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Make this permanent

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Arguably the most cringy Dragon Alumni that could be chosen.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

10-15-2023, 03:38 PMspidey Wrote: Arguably the most cringy Dragon Alumni that could be chosen.

Agreed, but I would be surprised if that wasn't the point. Respect for the Trans Rights name for sure

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

i still have no idea who mike izzy is but i get a sneaky suspicion he would hate this name and i fw that heavy

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

10-15-2023, 05:28 PMzaybae Wrote: i still have no idea who mike izzy is but i get a sneaky suspicion he would hate this name and i fw that heavy
this is the correct take for anyone who is newer, and also just everyone in general

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

+1

[Image: Wally.png]

Mike Izzy with the Trans Lifeline sponsor is the best timeline

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]

10-15-2023, 04:39 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Agreed, but I would be surprised if that wasn't the point. Respect for the Trans Rights name for sure
This is basically it. Wanted to keep attention on the charitable cause (which is so so important to not let slide in this bullshit garbage year) while also knowing it would be really annoying if he were still here to see his name next to it.

It should not surprise you that I am a longtime viewer of Last Week Tonight, and particularly liked the Marlon Bundo episode, so that's kinda where I got the idea from.

Its beautiful.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Nice arena name, but there’s a small problem. You had to put That User on there. The one that harassed me in DMs? Remove that part and I’m fine by it

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

1000/10 name (Not just saying that because I named part of it)

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

The Big Parm will live forever in my heart

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

10-18-2023, 08:04 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: The Big Parm will live forever in my heart
and that’s where it will stay :3