Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Right now I suppose it's easiest to say that QCC is out biggest rival. We're battling with them for the top of the division as well as the top of the standings SMJHL wide. We've had a few blowouts go both ways with them throughout the season so it seems like whoever manages to bring their A game on any given day can really run roughshod over the other team. It's a tough time mentally when you know going in that either team could easily win 6 or 7 nothing. They also had the first overall pick in the S74 draft while we had the third, so there's a bit of proximity rivalry there for me personally. As the third pick, I'd love to perform better than their first pick and show them that COL's faith in me is paying off. Right now I'm winning in the points race but their team is performing better, so we gotta continue to step it up!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66a727b4&is=66a5d634&hm=ac...a86431c29&]

For several recent seasons including season seventy two, season seventy one, and season seventy the Yukon Malamutes and the Maine Timber were on a collision course in the playoffs, setting the stage for a thrilling showdown. Both teams had dominated the regular season, and their paths finally converged in a highly anticipated playoff serieses in the conference finals. For the three series Maine ended up winning them to go to the Four Star Cup finals. These defeats stung the Yukon Malamutes deeply, not only because it ended their playoff run but also due to the emotional investment and high expectations surrounding the team. The aftermath of that playoff series loss fueled a fierce rivalry between the Yukon Malamutes and the Maine Timber. The Malamutes, nursing the wounds of multiple heartbreaking defeats, are determined to avenge their losses and prove that they were the superior team. The Timber, on the other hand, relished their role as the victors and embraced the opportunity to assert their dominance over Yukon having won multiple Four Star Cups in the past couple of seasons.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

PBE Affiliate PT

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

The Vancouver Whalers and the Nevada Battleborn are two teams that have a long-standing rivalry in the hockey world. This intense rivalry between the two teams is fueled by a history of close games, controversial moments and a fierce competition for territory. The Whalers have always been a formidable opponent, and their determination to win has only grown stronger over the years. The Battleborn, on the other hand, are known for their aggressive style of play and their ability to come back from seemingly impossible situations. When these two teams face off on the ice, it is always an intense and exciting battle. The rivalry between these two teams has not only created an atmosphere of intense competition but has also brought out the best in both teams. This rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come, and fans on both sides eagerly anticipate the next time these two teams meet on the ice.

The Vancouver Whalers are locational rivals to the Kelowna Knights, the trip take 4.5 hours on the team bus or just an hour with the team jet. So far throughout the beginning of season 74 the Whalers have a 3-0 record against the Knights, two home wins and one away win. The two teams will see each other only once more this season, the Whalers having a -2.5 Spread. Vancouver currently sits 6th in the SMJHL standings while Kelowna currently sits 11th, 10 points behind the Whalers. Neither team has received any recent playoff success past the second round, but the Whalers won the most recent cup of the two franchises in S62. Kelowna and Vancouver look to continue season 74 on pace for a playoff spot, Vancouver needs to figure out how to let fewer goals in and Kelowna needs to figure out how to put more goals in. Both teams will continue their Western Canadian struggle in hopes of a championship.

On a personal level, Jesus Murphy most likely feels the greatest rivalry with the Detroit Falcons. Not only are the Falcons a strong team, they are the team Jesus' father and grandfather, Kermit and Tig, played for in their own junior careers. Having grown up being immersed in a pro Falcons family, it is in many ways jarring for the youngest of the Murphy clan to be charting a new course as a member of the Anchorage Armada. However, this new challenge also gives him an emotional connection to his new league and a team to set his sights on as a competitor. Also fueling this was the Falcons choosing to trade up and then pass on Murphy in the S74 SMJHL draft, a decision that surprised many even if it made sense positionally for the Falcons. Murphy will look to accomplish the one thing in Anchorage that neither his father or grandfather did in Detroit - win a Four Star Cup. He also hates St Louis because that was ingrained in him from birth.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

pt +isfl

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 07:08 AM by Spritestuff. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jack is too fresh to know about the rivalries between teams, but he does know this.

He will devour fellow rookie, Teamu Salami.
[Image: BAOcLvRzTnSYhz4Tz_Bk_A.jpg?ex=658ff99d&i...cc8b334ef&]

For Nevada, due to where we're situated, I would say the Colorado Raptors would be our most logical rival. I am just a rookie so I haven't had the chance to build much tension on or off the ice with anyone else around the league. In fact, I barely know anyone on my team.

I'm looking forward to building some rivalries on the ice, not off of it.

However, currently if you look at the standings Colorado is sitting in 4th place with 41 points. We are sitting in 9th place, 4 points back of Vancouver but we also have 3 games in hand. If we can get into the playoffs and with how tight the points are we could definitely end up in a series vs. Colorado at some point which would help build that regional rivalry.

If we don't end up, then I'll be interested in building a rivalry with whoever we end up butting heads up. #ramit

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

In the heart of the hockey world, a fierce rivalry brewed between two goaltending titans: Cameron Kalashnikov of the Nevada Battleborn and Lukas Konecny of the Quebec City Citadelles. The clash of their pads echoed through the league, each save a testament to their skill and determination.

Cameron, known for his lightning reflexes, was a hero in Nevada. Lukas, on the other hand, was an imposing figure in the Quebec goal, his acrobatic saves leaving fans in awe. The battle for supremacy reached its peak in the league finals, as both teams fought for the coveted championship.

Every faceoff between Nevada and Quebec became a spectacle, with Cameron and Lukas engaged in a duel of saves that left spectators breathless. The media dubbed it the "Goalie Showdown," and fans eagerly awaited each confrontation.

In the end, it was a moment of brilliance from Cameron that secured the victory for Nevada, but the rivalry between the two goaltenders continued, pushing them to new heights in their quest for goaltending greatness.

See most people are in here saying one team or maybe even two. But that's not the case with Quebec. With Quebec every other team is our rival. There can only be one winner in this league and the other teams are in our way. We want the want the cup. We deserve the cup. We're gonna get the cup. Anyone who says otherwise is an enemy to the team. Quebec's rivalries go beyond just on the ice. Media personal, naysayers and those who say Quebec isn't a real contender are our rivals as well. QUEBEC IS PUTTING THE WHOLE WORLD ON NOTICE. Get on the train or get run over by it.

But in a more simplistic approach. Nevada was created at the same time as Quebec. They're one of the teams that we love to beat. Detroit is another. We love seeing our success over both of those teams.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

The Elk, as one might expect, have many natural rivals: the Grizzlies, the goats/Battleborn, the Scarecrows, and of course the Malamutes - but those are all predators or objects that mostly scare off deer-like animals in general. But the Newfoundland Berserkers are also a natural and significant rival for the Elk -- not only as humans that hunt and kill Elk, but also for being yet another Canadian team in tandem with their natural mascot rivalry with the Elk. One might argue, "okay, then why aren't the Malamute the greatest rival for Regina? They're also from Canada." But most teams in the SMJHL can at least rally against the Berserkers as other fellow animals or others under threat from them. Contextually, the Kelowna Knights don't quite fill the same thematic niche - they're strictly military combatants and probably wouldn't wear all their fancy knight armor out to slay elk. Similarly, nobody uses giant boats to hunt elk, and raptors didn't exist at the same time as non-megafauna-type Elk, so of course they wouldn't be natural rivals.

If it isn't clear, I have no historical context for these rivalries. Sorry.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 09:02 PM by thewhovian. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT #3
[url=https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?pid=759910&highlight=thewhovian#pid759910][/url]