Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist

352 words

The Kraken always sit in reflective silence after a big win. They need nothing more than the air of victory in their ears. However, this is a much different story when they lose. Coach demands tears, and if the team doesnt look sad enough, Coach won’t let a single person leave until they’ve listened to this playlist in full. The coach likes to lay it on thick after a brutal loss.

1. “Hurt" by Johnny Cash - Cash's gravelly voice is here to rub in the regrets of those missed chances, to feel the weight of the opportunities slipping away.

2. "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinéad O'Connor - Sinéad's heartache is our soundtrack now. This one's for realising how much we blew it on the ice.

3. "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton -
No matter how much we say it's a bit offensive to use this song for a lost hockey game, considering what Clapton lost to write this song but Coach just plays it even louder.

4. “The Night We Met" by Lord Huron - Lord Huron's haunting melody is meant to make us remember every messed-up play. Coach wants us to be haunted by our own errors.

5. "Someone Like You" by Adele - Adele's soulful tunes are turning our defeat into a heartbreak anthem. Coach is aiming for us to feel the sting of losing, use it as some kind of twisted motivation. It has yet to work, as by this point, most people are ready for the last song, and the opportunity to be allowed to go home.

6. "The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel- Coach wants us dwelling on the emptiness of our defeat, and likes to shout at us “DO YOU LIKE LIVING IN DARKNESS MY OLD FRIENDS?” and starts flicking the lights on and off.

Coach screams a lot in general during the playlist, or as we call it, the doomlist. We’re hoping one day he’ll shout so hard his heart gives out. We’re going to play this playlist at his funeral.

12-18-2023, 12:33 PMPyro182 Wrote:
At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Deadline: Sunday, December 24th @ 11:59pm PST
1. **"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC:** Its energetic rhythm and powerful guitar riffs create a high-intensity atmosphere, setting the team in a pumped-up mindset before hitting the ice.

2. **"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor:** This classic anthem, known for its motivational theme, instills a sense of determination and readiness, encouraging players to give their best effort during the game.

3. **"Lose Yourself" by Eminem:** With its intense lyrics and powerful beat, this song is chosen to inspire players to focus, block out distractions, and seize the moment on the ice.

4. **"Can't Stop the Feeling!" by Justin Timberlake:** Bringing a positive and upbeat vibe to the locker room, this song helps boost team morale, fostering a sense of camaraderie and unity among the players.

5. **"Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys:** The fast-paced, Celtic punk sound of this song adds a unique and energetic element to the pre-game ritual, infusing the team with adrenaline and a fighting spirit as they prepare for battle on the ice.

Yo, our pre-game playlist is fire, and Chief Keef is the main vibe supplier! Check it:
  1. "Faneto": This track is straight-up lit with drill vibes and crazy beats. It gets us hyped, feeling like we're about to drop into a gaming battle. Total determination vibes!
  2. "I Hate Being Sober" ft. 50 Cent & Wiz Khalifa: Switching things up with "I Hate Being Sober" adds a different flavor to the playlist. It's a mood, bringing that rebellious vibe and hyping us up for the game.
  3. "Love Sosa": Classic but never gets old. The ook is so catchy, and Chief Keef's gritty style makes us feel like we're the baddest on the field. Boosting confidence like no other.
  4. "Earned It": Trap beats, feeling triumphant—this one's all about the grind. It's like our victory anthem, reminding us we gotta work hard for that W.
  5. "I Don't Like" ft. Lil Reese: Iconic collab alert! Punchy sounds and no-nonsense lyrics get us in that competitive zone. It's like our theme song before hitting the field.
These Chief Keef bangers on our playlist create this crazy mix of confidence, energy, and determination. It's like our secret sauce for going all out on the field, ya know?

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Les Cactus - The Last Shadow Puppets: Song sang in French, perfect for Quebec, plus it is an absolute bop and has a good vibe. Hard not to like it even if you have no clue what the lyrics mean.

All Caps - Madvillain: One of my favorite hip-hop songs. Easy to vibe to, get in the mood to kinda get a little more serious for the game.

Prisencolinensinainciusol - Adriano Celentano: Gibberish song with a good vibe. No lyrics to have to process just listen to the tunes and meaningless words. Also gives off undefeated 60's vibes, everybody can like it.

Brianstorm - Arctic Monkeys: Killer drums on the song to get the heart racing, very exciting song, brings up the energy in the locker room before the game.

Lockjaw - King Geedorah: Another great hip-hop songs, shorter song at just about 1 minute, but still a good hype song for the entire team.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]

[Image: vJQfxIk.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

1. Alpha by Periphery
2. A Night at the Spleen by Closure in Moscow
3. In Cauda Venenum by The Dear Hunter
4. Castles by Minshara
5. Virtual Vain by Sianvar

These songs are all absolute bangers, and have both up and down portions to truly help center the team before hitting the ice for a big game. They feature a flurry of drums, erratic guitar riffs, and a lot of energy alternated with slower and quiet sections. The upbeat portions of the songs really drive home the energy and push the team into a frenzy, but the slow and controlled parts of the songs remind them to remain measured and ready for anything. It's a great mix of highs and lows that puts the team in the right mindset to go out and get the job done. These tracks are always a hit for Edouard Lavoie, as they fit his particular needs from a pre-game song.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Inge Baardsen has a selection of songs he uses to get himself fired up for games. They are all high energy, but some of them also have a bleakness that comes with growing up beyond the arctic circle.

Transmission by Joy Division - this is one of those songs. An incredibly fast, metronomic drumbeat and driving bass to pump him up, hit Ian Curtis’ vocals bring out the bleakness.

Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve?) by The Buzzcocks - a pop punk classic before pop punk was a thing, another fast, driving track with dark lyrics. Definitely a theme here.

Hate to Say I Told You So by The Hives - Inge’s fellow Scandinavians, The Hives, are up next, and this is their breakout hit from way back, but is a feel-good garage rock monster of a track that couldn’t fail to get you hyped!

A Modern Way of Letting Go by Idlewild - this might be a bit more left field for a lot of people, this track from Scottish indie band Idlewild is another scorching rocker that will get anyone ready to get out on the ice and hit other players. Highly recommended by me, OOC!

Moving to New York by The Wombats - more high-energy indie for the final track on Inge’s pre-game playlist. Again, the upbeat musical stylings hide the bleaker lyrical content, but honestly you can just ignore that and go pogo around to it, no problem.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

David Bowie - Speed of life Creates a nice backgrounds ambiance as players walk into the rink and start to get their gear together before the game. this nice instrumental gives a nice background noise as people go about their routine

At a medium pace - Adam Sandler I always like slipping this one into the playlist every now and then to screw with the team and see how many people are actually paying attention.

Uptown Girl by Billy Joel - Nothing gets the team on the same page quite like a nice high energy sing-a-long as everyone gets their gear ready for game day

Hell March 2 - from the command and Conquer Soundtrack Nothing will get you quite as focused and fired up while marching down the tunnel to get to the ice for a pregame skate as this song

Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas Perfect song for when it comes time to hit the ice for puck drop the name real says it all when this track plays you know it's time to get started.

Mary Hollywood is eternally stuck in, like, I don't know. 2017 or something. Pit Vipers. Juul addiction. Horrid music taste. She's fun for five minutes and then proceeds to suck. Nobody in Regina should ever give her the aux. But, one day, it was her turn to take control of the pregame playlist and she proceeded to pull out some choice tunes from the 2010s. Here's some highlights.

1. Cobra Starship's "Good Girls Go Bad": Mary wanted a "Hot Mess" lip tattoo so bad when she was like 13 and this song came out. Big Cobra Starship girl, she was. It's no coincidence that Regina's goaltenders, Henri Losanov and Roman Cechmanek II, did not have the greatest performance when Mary decided to do a little Cobra Starship karaoke pregame. "I was hangin' in the corner with my five best friends" is a nice and cute way to describe you and your teammates on the ice during your shift, even if it does make it seem like you're pinned deep in your own zone for ten hours. "I know your type / You're daddy's little girl," though? Don't point at your goalies and sing that. Shit's weird, Mary. Lay off the popcorn. Weirdo.

2. Don Toliver's "After Party": Would be a sick postgame win song. The irony is lost on Mary, however, as she plays this banger pregame. "Okay, I pull up!" works for heading to the arena, I guess. You are not "Sippin' on that Henn'," I don't care how much you love Bacardi, and indeed Mary if you said "I'll take you back in that 'Rari" you'd be lying. You drive a Mitsubishi. "She like a little red in her stilettos"? Try focusing less on your tunnel outfit and more on what you'll do on the ice with your UNIFORM ON.

3. Rihanna's "Disturbia": Mary, girl. Your ONE skill is being able to rip nukes. You have to see for that. Stop singing about how disoriented you are. Nobody wants to hear you saying your train of thought will be altered. Please think out there. Use your noggin. Make good choices. Maybe that's why you're a defensive liability. Out there getting put in a blender if you're unlucky enough to find yourself in your own zone.

4. Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood": Decent call, actually. Mary gets a pass here. Used to be mad love. Now we've got problems. Namely Mary scoring like three times in her last ten games. Get it together. You got one job, you one-dimensional defensive liability offensive black hole of a player.

5. Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream": YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

1. Sweetness- Jimmy Ear World (Brings everyone back to those days playing NHL 2003 CHEL)
2. Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue (Absolute GOAT of hype up songs, and one that Bo Jangles dad would play in the car on the way to games when he was kid)
3. Thunderstruck- AC/DC (Any pregame/hype playlist that doesn't have Thunderstruck is simply wrong)
4. Remember the name- Fort Minor (This was one of Bo Jangles high school coaches favorite songs and would be played before every game, he carries on that tradition to this day)
5. Dreams and Nightmares- Meek Mill (Last song before the team heads through the tunnel, get's everyone into that killer mindset)

Honorable mentions
Lose Yourself- Eminem (had to put at least 1 Eminem song in here)
Papercut- Lincoln Park
Gonna Fly Now- Bill Conti (Come on, what's more inspirational than Rocky)
Indestructible- Disturbed

Since the last NHL game I played was NHL 17, the songs from this game stuck with me for quite a while and are on repeat a lot of days, so picking only 5 from this playlist will be tough for me.

1. People Watching by Air Traffic Controller, we gotta get ready for people watching us, so this one is a must have
2. Figuring It Out by SWMRS, you know, when Iam listening to this song Iam still figuring out if I even want to get out on the ice xd
3. Feeling Good by The Sheepdogs, this song will help me calm my nerves and get somewhat ready
4. Young and Wild by The Strumbellas, We all are Young and Wild, so gotta listen to this one before we get out there.
5. No Way Out by Vicetone and Kat Nestel, as the name implies, there is no way out for me to back out so we gotta get on the ice and perform like we never did before and show them why we rule the ice.

Sebastien Levesque, being a fan of rock and metal of all decades, finds it extremely hard to filter to 5 pre-game songs for his playlist. So what he will do is list a song per decade, beginning with the 60's and ending with the 2020's. You might wonder, those will account to 7 songs! That's cheating! Well, 2 of them will be honorable mentions. And another rule: only 1 songs per band/artist, otherwise this list would mostly Muse and Metallica.

60's: While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles. A great song to begin a pre-game workout, as it builds up constantly to one of the best guitar solos ever by Eric Clapton.

70's: Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen. I've always thought the riff for this song is so catchy and it gives you the energy you need to prepare for an important game.

80's: Hells Bells - AC/DC. There's a reason this is one of the most iconic rock songs of all time. It gets you pumped up.

90's: Domination - Pantera. Want to feel like you can run through a brick wall? The breakdown of this song will do that to you.

00's: All Nightmare Long - Metallica. A long track to lose your mind into and headbang before the game.

10's: Survival - Muse. This is the quintesential hard rock sports song, along with We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, and Seven Nation Army. For crying out loud, it was the anthem of the 2012 Olympic Games.

20's: Nothing At All - Foo Fighters. In what I consider the best album of the 2020's so far, and one of the best rock albums of all time, there is this song that it is full of energy, perfect to listen just when you are about to go to the ice.

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

1. Lose Yourself by Eminem because it’s talking about letting everything go so you can focus on the moment. We need to have our heads in the game and focus on today and now and not get lost in the mess of life.
2. Remember the Name by Fort Minor because it’s 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain and 100% reason to remember our name. Leave a lasting impression.
3. Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer because obviously they can’t touch this. This is a classic get pumped song.
4. Thunderstruck by AC/DC because really. Who doesn’t get pumped by AC/DC? THUNDER. This also feels like of like a battle call, and we’re the Battleborn.
5. Good Life by Kanye West because we are really living the good life. How many people get the opportunity to live their dream and get paid to play a sport. Welcome to the good life.

QCC listens to two things before a game. The first couple of hours or so before the game is classical/instrumental music. Something to relax and focus the team, really get everyone into the mindset of the game. Its the time for strategy and planning. Ready to destroy the enemy. Its a time of Zen. Everyone comes in ready to go. The second is the hype. THE GOAL SONG. Listening to La Scorer hypes up the team to turn them into the savage beasts they are.

So yeah, not really a five song playlist or anything. But it gets the job done. Also this is really only done when Fredrik is allowed to choose the music. Which isn't very often for some reason. He's still trying to figure out why that is but no one will give him a straight answer. Either way, he believes that this is the best way to get the team really focused on the game.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

PBE 

DorkDipplet -> DirkDigglet

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]