Create Account

S74 All Star Week

2. 2 TPE
a) I think that it is an advantage to the west for having so many players on the same 2 teams. On the ice, these players will have great chemistry with each other, giving them an edge over the more fragmented east. I think its lame when this happens. FHM scoring and stats are completely decided on team strength, so of course players on the best teams will have great seasons. Would like to see a little more variety. (78 words)

d. Rip thunderdome should make the allstar game and theres no question about it. The SHL needs to take the all star game as an opportunity to honor the thunderdome. We could have a nice moment of silence before the game to remember what we have lost. Rip thunderdome could say some words, it would be a beautiful moment. (58 words)

3. 3 TPE
After a surprisingly great season which saw the Barracuda take the first step leaving their rebuild, the team has not one but two players in the all star game! If the cuda did not have a rough stretch to end the season, it could have been more! The 2 all stars from tampa this season are Johnny Wagner-Svensson and John Brown. Both were obvious choices for the all star game and are very deserving. Johnny Wagner Svensson broke out this season scoring at a goal a game pace as one of the leagues best scorers and most promising young talents. He led the barracuda in goals and points. John Brown emerged as a true number one defenseman this season, playing in all situations and bringing a balanced two way game to the team that tampa really needed. While the entire team was great, the biggest contributors were JWS and Brown thus making them no brainers for the all star game. (160 words)

4. 3 TPE
TPE is usually a pretty good marker to view a player’s quality. TPE will always have an effect on how well a player preforms on any given team in any given season. TPE is a direct translation of the attributes in game, just in an easier to digest number. So yes, TPE definitely does have an effect on who will be an all star or not. However, TPE is not all that goes into a player’s performance and potential all star status. There are many other factors that need to be considered, for example: the strength of the team, what line they are on, how they are utilized in the tactics, how good is their build, etc. We saw a 1400 tpe player lead the league in points because the GM wanted to boost his own player’s stats as per usual. 1400 isn’t low by any means but isnt an elite player. Deployment means a lot. (156 words)

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 01:00 PM by LampLighter.)

1. Milestones +2 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466335

3. This year the New England Wolfpack only had one player make the All-Star game and it was Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan was an obvious choice for All-Star selection due to his incredible regular season scoring 51 goals and having 58 assists. Ivan led New England in points with 109 points while the person that came in second in points on New England only had 81 points. Being able to score that many points in a season is a definite reason for him to receive the All-Star selection from New England this season. What I expect out of Ivan during the All-Star game is to continue what he was doing during the regular season and be able to produce offensively and create a lot of scoring chances for himself and his teammates. Without Ivan, during this regular season, New England would not have been where it was during the regular season and definitely would not have won a championship without him, furthering the reasons why he is representing us as New England in the All-Star game this year. +3 TPE

4. I think there is a lot of correlation between TPE and getting an all-star nod. The reason that this correlation is high is because the more TPE that you have the better that your player is and will be able to produce more during the regular season, scoring more goals and getting more assists. Now TPE is not everything. You also have to have a good team around you to help you produce. If you don’t have good linemates and are only trying to do everything on your own, you will find that you might not have a great season, even though it still might be a successful one. So if you have more TPE it is more likely that you are going to get an all-star nod over a person with less TPE just because your player is better, and is more likely to have a better season. As far as having more or less TPE impact on being an all-star, I don’t think there is really much that you can do about it and I think that it is fine where it is at. I believe that no matter what the higher TPE players are going to produce better during the season for the most part that’s resulting in more all-star game nods. +3 TPE

1. Milestones (3 TPE)

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 08:00 PM by charlieconway. Edited 4 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

SMJHL claim thread post here (+3)

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

b. In the end, what makes hockey enjoyable to watch is skill. There’s nothing that beats players playing at a high level, and so I’d lean toward the team with the most talented defensemen.
In this case, that’s Team East, but I think it’s very close. I just rank a player like San-sam Emerson very highly. They are an old hand at this, and can still skate with the best of them.

c. Hypothetically, who has more fun in the end: the goalie that sees the most action, or the one that finds more success by facing a weaker offense?
If it’s the former, I give the advantage to Team East’s goalies. If it’s the latter, then the advantage goes to Team West. Though they’re close in overall talent, the offense of Team West strikes me as more well-rounded.
I should note that I think Team West has the better goalies on an individual skill level.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The teammate of mine (well, more like future teammate) that made the all star game is Shoyo Hinata, forward for the Atlanta Inferno.
Shoyo is an old hand, having been in the league back when my previous player Adam Barron was still around. Shoyo led the Inferno in points this season, played an average of nearly one minute per game on the penalty kill, and potted 61 goals. With numbers like that, how could the all star committee have chosen anyone else?
The other candidate would have been Binko Koivu, who also had a great season, but in the end didn’t quite have the same impact as Hinata.
I’m expecting Shoyo to score goals at the all-star game. After, all, that’s what they did during the regular season. You could argue the defense and goaltending are better at the all star game, but I’d counter that the forwards and overall talent on the ice are also at a high level and can create offense at a moment’s notice.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 09:53 PM by Toivo. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE PT +3 tpe

Code:
Milestones
+ 3 tpe
https://www.simulationhockey.com/showthr...pid3466359

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. It depends on what the purpose of the all star game is. Do we want the best players of the league, the all stars, or do we want a certain amount of players from every team so that each team is represented and jersey sales go up since fans from each team will want their player’s jersey. That’s in the best interest of the league and its owners, but if we are talking about the best players in the league, then it’s okay to have a large amount of players from the same team.
b. I am excited to see the West’s defense. I play with and against these guys often, so it’s nice to see them out there and see how they are going to mesh together. It’s helpful to hear from my teammates too about their all-star partners and see what they’ve picked up. All information is helpful with the playoffs coming up!

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 03:53 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones +1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466394

Johnny Wagner, 7 son was the best player in my teammate who made the All Star game because he scores a lot of goals. It's coming forward in the future, so it is what it is and you guys will be caught. Like there's gonna be a lot of goals coming from him that you got. So just remember that Johnny Wagner. Sevenson is coming for a lot. And more goals are on the way so prepare yourself. It's time to keep scoring, and nothing will ever stop that more than less and less is more because with Johnny Wagner, the seven's keep coming lucky seven's all the time so the point that you don't even know what day of the week it is so f****** what else would you want to be if this couldn't happen?  Like what are you gonna do because you're gonna let me know if you're gonna shut up? When Johnny got the ball? It is cool, it's like come on cause let's go and get it where you at. Let's do it. Come on johnny don't stop now

4. If you're an old star. I believe you should get as many votes as there are t. P. How much TP is yet depending on my number. If you're doted, then you deserve to be goaded. If you know what more than you're a bump, so come on, let's get the fortune. Where's everyone gonna go when they don't get their t? V, why is voice to text not working right now properly? Why is voice to text not working properly? So like seriously, when it comes down to it? Can Siri be an All Star cause i'd let Siri be an All Star. What would you do if you had a Klondike bar? Would you also get TP these are the questions people need to ask. Because without them, then, who knows what the world would be? Sometimes it wouldn't even type and if it didn't type, then that's not high, so let's just get back to the realities of this world and that's outfitted, there is no goat without no goat. There is no fitted so it can fit it all the old start tp, you deserves it If you're an old star. I

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S74 MILESTONES

Milestone Claim - 2 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

I thinks it's an advantage from a purely scoring more than the other team perspective. The ASG is pure offense, so playing with people who you have already built up chemistry with is absolutely ideal. By the same reasoning I would make an argument that it also makes the game better because it should limit silly mistakes, like being a foot offside due to mis timing an entry.
68 Words

Code:
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?

Philly. I mean east. Knowing what your d partner is going to do is so important for a high flowing offense. You need to know what the partner is going to do before the action happens in order to be optimized. Who is picking up the dump in, where do they want the outlet pass to go?
57 Words

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Nathaniel should have gotten the nod because what is better than 2 philly D? 3 philly D! Just imagine how mad the rest of the league would have been, it would have been absolutely glorious. This builds on the chemistry aspect from above, and the philadelphia defense are the best looking d in the league. That's why we always sell out the annual calendar.
64 Words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I worry that if there is any correlation at all then we have an issue at heart. The problem is that people might expect to do great things in their ultimate season if they max earn. I would personally venture a guess that for 95%+ of players that their best season will occur on one of the 2 bordering seasons on either end. If players have this expectation, then I worry that words get send in the many discord servers, or expectations made on teams to put people in prime positions even if the random seed isn't feeling the player this season. With that expectation I expect it forces players into positions to do well more so than others. Now, if the players are doing well in these positions sure, but I think it's a pretty weak excuse from the committee putting players in just because player x is 200 more tpe. Almost as bad as the zoomer contest that is last player in I'm sure.
At the end of the day, if no one cares about all star game, does it really matter who gets in?

187 Words
3 TPE

8 TPE

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 04:09 PM by Moe7171.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466404 - milestones

1tpe
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2024, 12:49 AM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466410

Code:
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)
a. I mean that has to be a huge advantage for the west. You've already got chemistry built between the players. I don't know that it necessarily makes the all star game better though. In the end this is an exhibition event for the fans and if we're excluding a bunch of fan bases by having 10 players from 2 teams then viewership is going to drop
c. I think the western conference goalies are going to have more fun. Justin TIme has 4 of his teammates there with him, if he can't spend the all star week on a beach in Cancun or the Bahamas at least he can spend it with the boys getting boozed every night. I'd hate to be a goalie and the only guy from your team

Code:
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?
It seems to me like there's a pretty large correlation between TPE and whether a player makes the all star game. I also think that playing time factors into it a lot, like you're not going to see a bottom pair or bottom 6 player make the all star team. I think that's pretty much how it should be, you're not going to see a bottom line player in the NHL make the all star game unless you're doing fan voting a la John Scott and you're not going to see a bottom tier first line center make it either. You need to have the skill or in our case TPE and you need to be getting those prime power player minutes to pot the goals and make the plays to put together stats that'll get you into the all star game. I don't know that anyone could genuinely disagree with that, do we just want people making the all star game entirely based on luck?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Task 1
Milestones link

Task 2
a)
Technically it should, simulation aside the players should know each other better and have an easier time adapting to new forwards.
But also depending on how the simulation is run, there should be chemistry between the defensemen from playing with each other. Not sure if that statistic is ported from their clubs to the all-star sim though
b)
I'm going to be blunt, I'm not interested in any of the all-stars stuff. Not because it's bad or anything but it's not the SHL. Nothing has the hype of the regular season or the playoffs and it feels like IIHF, WJC, and all-star or whatever is just something to pass the time between seasons.

Task 4
TPE and All-Star, a big topic for 150 words.
Here's my take, while TPE does help players to excel on the ice, there also needs to be a "perfect storm" type situation for a player to edge out others in the same position. There have been cases where players with great TPE levels are mediocre at best, this can happen for a multitude of reasons. The most likely one is that your team is too good, strange yes I know but when the level of your team is high your TPE matters less in ways of performance numbers. What I'm saying is that there's less spotlight for your massive TPE to steal from your teammates. This was a bigger issue in the STSH days where bottom-tier teams had single players that were top to tiers and every single play went through that and created massive statistical outliers.
While contradictory to my previous statement your team can also be too shit to generate any offense. You can have all the TPE you want but it's still a 6 man game.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:02 PM by bbjygm. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466420

Code:

a. I don't think having many players from few teams gives a conference an advantage. The players are all pulled based on certain criteria and it just happens to come from fewer teams on one side. I do think it makes the games a bit worse since the all star game is to celebrate the whole league and having so many from so few teams hogs all the spotlight for just those teams.

d. Hodor is a fan favorite and league favorite. His classic catch phrase, "Hodor!" touches the hearts and souls of even the most decrepit slimes that humanity has to offer, and exposure to his angelic voice is even a sanctioned rehabilitation method for psychopaths and is being included in psychology class text books. People like him.

Code:

I think there must be some correlation with all star team members and tpe. Generally those with more tpe perform better than those with less, and I think there's generally a larger correlation with player performance and all star team membership. Teams that do well usually elevate all their players, and generally teams that do well have a fairly good correlation with high average TPE. Thus, high TPE teams (which contain high TPE players) tend to get players into the all star game. There are occassional situations where high TPE players on low TPE teams are relied on heavily for their contribution which gives them a good chance to really stand out on a bad team with good numbers if they're the ones doing the heavy offensive and defensive lifting. In both situations, though, the players getting g recognition are those with high TPE, so I think high TPE correlates with all star participation.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:

3 TPE

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 08:35 PM by TheNextGreatOne. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate - username is FTR.

Code:

Milestone -> 1

Code:

I think for all-star game nods and TPE level there is some correlation between the two, but not as much as some other correlation. Because yes, for higher TPE you'll probably be a better player since your stats will be a lot higher than the lower TPE players, which should make some input in the sim. However high TPE doesn't always guarantee to be a better player, as you would need to put the TPE in the right stats for them to have an impact in the sim. So I would say that there is a higher correlation between build and all-star nods, or where TPE is allocated and all-star nods. But even with TPE and build, that's not the only thing that is helping players make the all-star game, as you would also have the linemates having some help in getting a player an all-star nod. So in the end well there is some correlation between TPE and all-star game nods, it is not the end all be all for making the all-star game.

RIP Mac & 701

1. Milestones - 3 TPE - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3459788

2a - 1 TPE. I think that the West having so many All-Stars is a huge benefit for the West. Since their team won't be too top heavy, their 2nd and 3rd lines should be able to feast on the east's most likely weaker lines. That being said, if the east's first line is much stronger, then the match may not be too one-sided.

2b - 1 TPE. I think that the West will have the most interesting defensive squad, as it is always fun to watch new pairings. Seeing defensive pairs from the same team is exciting, but the whole point of the All-Star game is to have players from around the league interact and play with each other. I think a mandatory rule where no player can be on the same line as their teammate would be a great way to add variety to the game.

4 - 3 TPE. I think that TPE has a large impact on who ends up being an All-Star. Just thinking about TPE in general, we all use TPE to increase our player's stats and attributes. In general, the more TPE a player has, the more stats they will have, which in turn should theoretically lead into better play by their player. Of course, this may not directly correlate - as someone could have their TPE all in fighting which doesn't necessarily scream all star unless your name is John Scott. They would be really good at fighting, but not good at much else. If someone, however, had a tested, specific archetype that they wanted to achieve and could work well at scoring/defense - then they would most likely be an all-star.

That being said - TPE isn't an end-all-be-all for all star success. Since the hockey season is so short, there is a lot of room for variables to come into play. I've seen players with great TPE numbers play like absolute trash - all because the sim wasn't in their favor and their player couldn't capitalize. It happens often, so just because a player may have lots of TPE - this doesn't mean a player with less TPE can't also be an all-star.

8 TPE total

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]