Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

The thoughts of Dan Johnston threading his way through a defense core only to slide the puck past the keeper all soft and silky is humorous at best. Dan just laughs the whole situation off and uses some self depreciative humor calling himself WISH.com Bobby Orr. The thought of switching up to a straight offensive defensemen flashes through his head and he considers it for about 2 seconds before realizing that it was definitely just a one off. Dan loved the feeling and excitment of the rush and may jump up into the play a little bit more, but at the same time he completely realizes his role on the Inferno back end is to keep the pucks out of his own net and not necessarily to be potting it into the opposing net. After practice Dan walks in to see the equipment manager has switched out his name plate to an Orr 2.0 name plate and new jersey with the name on it too. Dan took these home and had them framed for his collection.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Option 1
I was not always a goalie so my skating abilities and my puckhandling with a normal stick were always good. So when at practice I used my moves it was not a surprises for me, but more for my teammates. They used to see me as the goalie that stop almost everything, but when they saw me deke through the defense in the drill, they didn't believe it. I can't show them with me goalie equipment on so it was a shock to them that I'm able to deke like that.
I will not change position for this player, but I will not recreate as a goalie.
Bobby Orr will always be one of the best players that played the game of hockey and it was a honor to "meet" him and get some tips out of him! He changed the game for the better (at least that's what I think) and I would have love to watch him play live.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above?
As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

It is time to flex some knowledge, or well, partly. Sadly, I never trained hockey so I do not actually know any good routines for practising skating. All my few attempts to actually study and learn how to skate have been in recent years and that is solely on the ice, in public, without any real instructor and only myself and what I read on the internet or what I was told about more knowledgeable friends. Still, this is only for novice skating and since Niclas Sundqvist is on a greater level I am not sure how helpful that is. Instead, I'll go with my gym knowledge and some things that I've picked up on how hockey players train. So let's build a leg day workout. Important for skating? Core and leg strength therefore the obvious start is squats. Something I actually know skaters IRL do practice. We of course follow this up with leg press as well as leg extensions and leg curls. That takes care of quite a lot of the legs but we need to finish up with some calf raises. And why not put in even more for some good measure. We round things up with both lunges with dumbbells as well as Romanian deadlifts to make sure the legs really feel it.

Now that's great for leg strength but we also need some actual skating practice so why not make sure we take the days without leg day to focus on going for laps on the ice to work up precision. agility, speed and acceleration. As for stamina, let's take some hours on the bike to improve general stamina and get some more workout done in the legs but also Sundqvist would do the wide threadmill which you can use rollerskates on to up the actual stamina needed for those long hockey games when the legs really start to feel like jelly.

[317 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 12:01 PM by Citizen of Adraa.)

ph

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Seamus is an excellent example of self-discipline as he runs a training program that some would say is Spartan, or just straight up crazy. He relies on general overall fitness with the the specific focus on training muscles groups related to foot muscles and leg muscles. The idea is that the longer he can skate at his top speed and deliver hits with reliable stability, then the more effective he can be for his team. Running on all terrains, practicing balancing, and general ballet skills all help to contribute to his overall precision on the ice. If you are always training on the ice, then there are some muscle groups you just cannot target as efficiently. When not doing general strength and flexibility training, then its about eye exercises. How fast can he react to a given situation. Seamus actually finds doing goalie training a good overall training regiment for skaters as well. If you can track the puck and transition quickly, then you can be where you need to be.

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

John Brown feels very confused because changing positions has never occurred to him. He only has ever wanted to play defense, as defense reminds him of defending the innocent and protecting people. Those are rather important qualities to him. So again, it never occurred. Still, like any good player, John Brown reached out to his coach and informed him of the sudden and intrusive revelation that occurred to John Brown. The coach was sympathetic of John Brown's confusion and the pair of them discussed what they felt was an appropriate path forward. John Brown wants to keep playing defense, not once has he reasonably felt that he should play as a forward of any sort, be it winger or center. John Brown has no interest in taking face offs, nor does he want to be the big goal scorer. John Brown feels the dream he had with the ghost ultimately had little on ice effect. He's just gotta keep playing good D.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Some might say Derek Martin looks a lot like hockey legend and hall of famer Martin St. Louis, and they would be right! Although the extensive plastic surgery sure did help (look good play good!), the resemblance doesn't stop there. In an effort to be as effective, Martin pin pointed what made him so effective, and the answer has become quite clear : monster quads. This led him to closely research and examine his training routine, hiring the same fitness coach Marty had, and the results are astonishing. From weight work that includes deadlifts, barbell squats, bulgarian split squats and more to yoga and cardio work on the track, everything that strengthens those quads and glutes is bound to translates to success on the ice, and that so far has rung true in Martin's young career in teal and orange. The next step is unclear, but with proper consistency a nack for recognizing modern approaches and technology, Derek is poised to maintain his body as the well oiled machine its been, sure, but to make it even better and outlast the competition on the road to himself becoming a hall of famer.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

OPTION 2 - WRITTEN TASK

Aumy Junior II is a workaholic, so he loves to put some work on and off the ice. Skating is very important in such a high level hockey, so he spends a lot of time practicing each aspect of this certain skill. Forwards have to be fast and very professional on the skates, so it takes a lot of time. Aumy Junior II usually starts with a simple skating for five straight minutes, moving up the tempo and making it harder. Then he starts to skate in the circle and eights. He does skiing and just simple skating in the summer as well, because it helps to improve skating without touching the ice. He tries to keep everything simple, but professional. Sometimes he even watches some videos on YouTube where he can learn how to skate even better. Everything is important with skating. There have to be the right speed, right movement and everything else. Aumy Junior II takes it very personally and works actively all the time.

168 words

Stars Stars Stars

Option 2:
Gordon-William Gibbles has been training his skating for almost as long as he has been able to walk. Even when he was crawling around he was watching his Dad fly across the ice for the Minnesota Monarchs. His first real training was a figure eight of artificial ice set up in the family training gym. He would wake up every morning and put on his skates to try and get used to the different angles needed to turn and how to speed up on a straight section of the ice. Shortly after this he started his next training by skating with the local figure skating team. His father wanted him to not only learn from hockey players but other skating athletes as well. It was here he learned how to slip between defenders on a breakaway. His final training method for skating was a pack of dogs that were set loose on the ice. He had to evade the canine pursuers as he kept a frozen piece of steak away. The steak was in the shape of a puck.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Option 2 Written:

Daniel Grumthan's favorite way to train skating is to just relax in them. Watching a movie? Might as well do it in the rink. Eating food? Plop it on the counter and just skate a bit in between bites. Doing this has allowed him to just get super comfortable in skates and know how to do every little movement in them. This obviously doesn't train the body in the ways of more extreme movement or to help with speed though. For that, Daniel has always been a fan of doing obstacle courses and races with teammates. The obstacle courses are typically just cones to go around or sections that are really tight with the goal of trying to get through the course faster than your teammates. Having it be in a competitive setting makes training a lot of fun and easier to push himself to get better at control, speed, acceleration, and agility with skates.

After scoring an amazing goal like bobby orr did in the past, Nevek Kove is hella confused about what just happened. First off, he never score goals, there's just something in his style of play that prevent him to have any offensive abilities on any team he's playing. Call it defensive reading abilities or whatever you want to call it. Even if Nevek Kove wanted to go play forward, there's no way his coaches would allow him to, because it would cost them a bazillion of money to do the switch (like 8 million if i remember right) as Nevek would never pay for it himself, mainly cause he like where he's playing. So he would probably try to be a bit more offensive for a while after this amazing display of skill, but return quickly to being the good ol stay at home defenseman that he is just because its more fun for him

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Dusty Rhodes trains his skating in a most unusual way. He skates around with a full barrel of beer on his back. His theory is that if he's able to skate with a huge weight on him then when he skates without it he'll be faster. It seems to have worked as the past couple seasons he's been starting to play better. Dusty isn't a small man so speed on skates will always be an issue for him. But he figures that if he can move around with all the extra weight from the keg his legs will get massive and he'll develop more skating power. Of course management gets quite upset when he gets thirsty and he has that keg tapped. Of course his teammates love it when he does that and practice seems to become a bit more lively. But leave it to Dusty to figure out an unconventional training method to accomplish his who goals.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Just another day at practice in Los Angeles. Alexi Piastri is already missing the secluded break that he managed to sneak away to for a few days during a lull in the SHL schedule, and surf some of the funnest waves of his life. Let's give what Bobby taught me a shot, Piastri thinks to himself. He receives a pass skating parallel to his own blueline, Alexi begins to ride the natural current of the play, cutting up the ice and moving towards the attacking zone, he skates with a certain flow to his motions, he's in control and carving through the ice, not just skating on top of it. Incoming shark, he lowers a shoulder and bounces off of the would be check. It's here that Alexi realizes he's in the clear, he drives the net, carrying the puck slightly behind his skates, he shifts his body position, moving the puck to his backhand, he puts the puck between his legs, switches back to his forehand and buries one top corner as the goalie slides the opposite direction out of crease. Hang-ten skaka celly.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Written Task – Option 1 – 158 words
It is only natural that somehow Lord Farquaads has become even more of a wizard now. When Bobby Orr, the man that I have diving across my forearm as a tattoo, visits you spiritually, you can only hope that some of his hockey acumen would flow over to you via osmosis. It appears that it was the case here with Lord Farquaads. Right after Lord Farquaads went bar down on Rebecca Montagne, he proceeded to do the Gritty dance and sakte off of the ice. Montagne charged after him with her stick raised, ready to strike. It was too late, however. Lord Farquaads had already decended deep into his lair underneath Northern Lights Arena. Rebecca Montagne’s fury would have to wait until the next practice, when Lord Farquaads will emerge again. After practice, some staff reported insane laughter being heard from deep in the dungeons below. Will this newfound ability get to Lord Farquaads’ head? Time will tell.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother