S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

2)
[Image: photostudio-1709608253262.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1720667986458.jpg]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Prompt 2:
As stated in my other PTs, Leo Roze loves to try to play other sports to try and get better at hockey. He’s learned that it hasn’t been working though and he’s decided to try something else. He got figure skating lessons as a way to try and work on his edges. The first lesson he was supposed to go to, he slept through but the next time he actually went. Turns out, he accidentally joined a master level figure skating lesson and it turned out he couldn’t do anything that he was trying to do so that didn’t help him get better at hockey at all. Leo is always looking for more things to try and help him train but these other sports and activities haven’t been working. He’s been talking to his agent trying to find something to do, and his response “focus on hockey”
He has now fired his agent

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Task 2:

William Salming for sure cross-trains but not a lot. He knows many guys play golf but it is probably the worst hobby you can have as a professional hockey player. Why? Because after two workout per day, you don't get enough rest if you go then to walk around golf course for many hours. So, Salming's cross-train is tennis and only once a week. It develops his agility, stamina, hand-eye-coordination, stickhandling, mental toughness, leg muscles, arms, and endurance. But Salming understands his training needs to be most only focusing to the ice-hockey. Tennis is a nice hobby to have once a week. Most of the training needs to be skating, stickhandling, shooting, passing and so on in the ice-hockey rink, on the ice. So yeah, Salming advices youngsters to focus mainly on ice-hockey stuff. But if you use other training methods, be smart and do them on days when you have only one hockey workout.

[Image: salming.png]

As Mänty approaches the kids and he starts to talk to the youngest of them as he is sure his career is just starting and there is no end on sight for him on his own mind. He himself is more of a someone still looking for a wisdom from older generations so his offering to younger kids at least starts with him wondering on why on earth he was one picked to be shown for these kids. But he takes up the challenge like he envisions him taking up the Challenge Cup in his future, better to make them fans from young age, and starts talking about how the career of the professional hockey player, specially in SHL is one that will take time and dedication and isn't meant to be rushed through if you want to be the very best, some flames might burn bright but fizzle out before time, so he makes a point about determination before vanishing back to ether.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 08:08 AM by WildfireMicro.)

Option 2:

Sir Devoir has given a lot of consideration to cross training in other sports to keep himself loose, and he eventually settled on playing shortstop for a local minor league baseball team. The fielding helped him keep his movements loose and precise so he does not lose his ability to move across the net, and the batting helped with his movement with a hockey stick. He is not particularly good at batting, just hitting a .235 average, but he does get some good RBIs. The only problem with this is the fact that the baseball season starts right near the SHL playoffs, so he has to miss a few games as he focuses on the playoffs.

Another benefit of this is it helps keep him strong and athletic, and makes sure that he does not lose himself to boredom during the offseason. He is not going to go up to the Majors anytime soon nor does he intend to, but he still feels good with the training baseball gives him that can help translate into hockey.

PHP Code:
175 words 

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

Option 2:

If you've been following my posts then you're already pretty familiar with my stance on cross-training. To recap: I'm all for it. I've gone into quite a bit of deail on how i train legs, endurance, etc. and how over the offseason i actively try to stay off the ice for a bit before returning during the ramp up to the season. Biking, plyometrics, yoga, swimming, rucking/hiking are some of my favorite activies. In addition to off-ice training though, I do enjoy playing other sports quite a bit. I'm very involved in tennis; helping my short bursts, hand-eye coordination, and enjoying the outdoors when the weather is good. Soccer is also quite big where i am from and i love to drop in and play those games when i have the chance - although i try not to get too stuck in since im not looking to get booted. I feel like soccer again helps with my fitness but also works on my vision - being able to survey the field of play and pick out the right pass is something i can translate to hockey quite well.

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

Boots likes to engage in other activities that aren't hockey. It is his passion after all but sometimes it's good to engage in other sports or activities just to keep things interesting or to get back in your comfort zone after doing another activity or see how your hockey senses can be used in another game! Boots likes to play Golf in the summer much like every other hockey player. He also enjoys playing soccer with a group of friends while at home. Nothing serious of course just a fun time on the soccer pitch that ends up getting taken semi seriously for bragging rights. Boots has also spent some time figure skating as he was part of the team growing up and transitioned to hockey from that when he learned to skate. It's absolutely helped him on the ice in terms of agility, balance and control which are things he brings to his hockey game.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Option 2
To be a pro athlete, you need a lot of skills and they can be developped by playing different sports. I think playing only one sport is not really good, like those kids who are playing hockey almost 12 months per year. You need to train different part of your body and it's good to play something else. Like baseball is good for the eyes-hands coordination, soccer is good for the endurance and your lower body and most of the sport is good for team spirit, leadership and general experience with different people.
Dionne is playing a lot of sports to train his body, but it's mosty during the off-season that he have time to do those. With a good bunch of back to back and the heavy load of being a starter, he needs to rest while the season is on. But after that he's even playing Dek Hockey but as a player because it's fun and he want to rest his hips and knee a bit haha!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Derek, playing other positions? You'd be hard pressed to find him anywhere near the defensive zone, but its not to say he's not working on it, he just gets pulled back too easily. Ask @Otrebor13 about it, he's been carrying Derek's defensive ineptitude on his shoulder, sacrificing his own production for the team and for his teammate. Now, as LAP captain, he understands he needs to do better, and this last season has been the fruit of the defensive training. To help with this, Derek started playing indoor Lacrosse, even getting a few messages of interest from some renowned NLL teams that he wouldn't name, but did so in an effort to improve his physical game, his decision making, his stamina and his read on defensive situations. Its a sport that challenges different parts of his brain, or he's forced himself to, and its paid dividends. He also enjoys the occasion curling sesh with his cousin, Bourtol Halcomsby, ISFL Ultimus champion and resident baltimore medicore bourgeois, that teaches him patience and precision, its definitely not because he feels like he's living a rich fantasy.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Johnny FourStar did one form of cross training in his entire life. He competed in the DEATH diving championships in Norway. Have you ever heard of death diving? It is pretty sweet. You jump off a high diving board, or sometimes an even cooler cliff, and you do something gnarly on the way down. Everyone cheers. You get scored. And if you do well enough you become the legend of the ol swimming hole. Johnny FourStar loves the adrenaline of taking the leap. The thrill of the fall. The splish of the splash. Johnny FourStar trains for the death diving even more than he trains for the simulated hockey. Johnny will work on box jumps to increase his vertical. He will spend hours and hours and hours in the wind tunnel to increase his aerodynamics and reduce drag. And he studies water engineering at the University of Winnipeg to learn how the biggest splash can be made. In fact Johnny hopes to hang up his Skates one day and become a death diver full time.

(175)

Option 2:

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

As far as cross training goes, Alexandros knows nothing about it and has no interest in it. the only sport for Alexandros is Hockey and he will not consider the others. He was reborn and raised to play Hockey and nothing else. He knows nothing about basketball terms or positions literally at all. Baseball he knows there are pitchers, fielders and a catcher and that it is boring to watch. Football he is sure they hit each other and they might have an offensive and defensive rotation? One of the players throws the ball. Soccer, joke of a sport full of whiners, NEVER. The level in which Alexandros is solely focused on hockey can be considered bordering on the absurd as literally no other sport has caught his interest in the way hockey has. It is for these reasons that Alexandros can confidently say he does not cross train and has not even begun to consider it and likely never will. Stubborn? Yes, but it is the way he rolls.   

-170 words

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 12:05 PM by ec06aaj.)

Option 2: As it happens, I genuinely do have a little experience in this prompt because I used to play field hockey. Never at much of a high level because I had no real athletic talent, but on an amateur level at university and a little bit after, and I did actually train for it. I played in goal rather than outfield but the principle's the same. For me, the best cross-training I ever did was working on my reflexes by playing tennis - I was absolutely dreadful at it from a tennis playing perspective but as a way to get sharper and feel looser there aren't many better ways to prepare for having a ball fired at you at high speed than just having a ball fired at you at high speed. Obviously playing hockey I didn't have the big surface area of a racquet to work with and I could just do my best Hasek impression by launching myself at the ball, but it seems to work.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 02:03 PM by JohnnyPatey.)

Option 2
When it comes to cross-training, my players does this mainly in hockey but in some other sports as well, but more for fun. One of Johnny Patey V2's main method on understanding the game better is by learning all of the different aspects of the sport. When he plays in his beer league games, he usually plays goalie. By playing goalie, he learns more about the angles that he needs to play while he is playing defence and where he would need to best position himself so he can give his goaltender the best chance to succeed. During practice, Patey V2 also takes a lot of reps as a forward and defenceman, to also better understand where will give him the best chance to succeed. Whether it is where to position himself on the half wall, or how he should be breaking out or making a key play. The more you learn about the sport you play, the easier it will be when you are in a game situation, because you are not thinking of what your other teammate may be thinking, instead of actually experiencing it for yourself and understading them better.