Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written One
I almost laughed out loud. You want me to do marketing? What are you going to market, my plummeting point numbers? But hey, look if you can put up a billboard with me and my 7 goals I guess I could come by and help why not. Truth be told I'd love one day to be the face of the franchise and that requires work from day one. So does getting that goal total into the double digits, but they both have to happen. I try to make the fans like me at all times, a meet and greet in Philly isn't too bad to come from my home in New York. Gives me a chance to use some of the team workout equipment too.
I met the fans at the event, signed some autographs and took some pictures. A little odd that I think I saw a total of one Shuffleboard jersey at the the thing, the one hanging by the team store, but whatever, I'll gladly sign some Virrok's or Salad's. Went well, great experience not going to lie.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Written Option 1:

Petr is a poster child of Czechia, and so he will answer to his superior's beck and call no matter the task and whatever is required. Raising the brand of Czechia and Czech Hockey is Petr's entire purpose, and every appearance or act takes us one more step to gold. The Nation backs us and our goal, but reaching out, and making appeasements can only strengthen our cause and resolve. Whether it be marketing and meet and greets, public opinion tours, or acts of espionage.

Petr was created for gold and to better the Czech nation. To be a symbol of hope that will lead us to gold. To parade such a figure around in order to improve confidence in the new government and new order is critical to show our progress and our drive for success. Whatever it takes. An entire nation turned towards success at the IIHF level, no matter the cost and what has to be done en route.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Dev PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My player jumps at doing meet and greets and getting to meet the fans. As a player who is the son of a former player, he got to see first hand how his dad loved getting to meet the fans. He wasn't a star player himself but a role player so he always enjoyed getting out and having a chance to meet with the fans and supporters. His dad always used to say "They might not be wearing my number, but their wearing my shirt and they bleed Green like I do." Having been traded in the offseason to the Stampede, my player feels like its really important to get out there and have a chance to meet the fans who will be cheering for him like they did his dad. Plus if some teammates go or some people from the front office, its a great way to meet your new teammates and make some friends in the franchise!

Written Option 2: Offseason is almost over and team training camp just over the corner. How does your player prepare during these last weeks before team is put back together. Is it time for rest to so you can endure the long season to come, do they ramp up their gym practises or maybe do some special technical training to further improve their skills to make the next step during their career or keep fighting the inevitable aging? How do they spend their last few weeks before team training camp?

Oliver Cornwall entered this offseason with a lot of excitement about the direction of the Whalers, and this enthusiasm has by no means been depleted over the offseason. After exceeding expectations by not only making the playoffs but even winning a round, the Whalers have shown that they are a legitimate squad and are capable of making noise in the playoffs, and Cornwall is determined to build off that. To facilitate that growth, he made his way to his home Cambridge following a tough WJC, and has been cross training with the local football club in his off time. He’s been watching tape to improve his decision making on the ice while also working on his foot speed and strength, which should help him be a more agile defender in his own end and ensure that he can clear the front of the net. While he was tempted to try the Aaron Rodgers school of meditation, he was talked out of it by friends and teammates, and will hopefully be a much improved player by more traditional means this season.

180 words actual response

[Image: UufQtZ0.png] [Image: OliverCornwall_BlueText.png?ex=667d8802&...a3d8ecebc&]
sig credits to @Nokazoa and @dextaria!

Quote:Offseason is almost over and team training camp just over the corner. How does your player prepare during these last weeks before team is put back together. Is it time for rest to so you can endure the long season to come, do they ramp up their gym practises or maybe do some special technical training to further improve their skills to make the next step during their career or keep fighting the inevitable aging? How do they spend their last few weeks before team training camp?

The time has come..... for McLovin to enter his darkness retreat. Thanks to the tutelage of Aaron Rodgers, McLovin will now attempt to draw closer to ..... nothing. That's right. He will simply enter a dark space and hibernate like a bear for an extended period. Many question what this accomplishes and frankly, so does McLovin, but upon doing it, he realizes, he will be able to catch up on the sleep he's been missing out on all off-season. It'll give him new found energy and also probably severely impede his vision for a period of time. Upon exiting his momentary lapse of judgment that results in total darkness, he will do what he should've done in the first place. Find a new series on TV to binge watch before the season begins. Practice? Not the game that McLovin goes out there and dies for and plays every game like its his last. Not that game. No we are talking about practice.

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean is the pride of Quebec, thus most of his off-season is spent there already on a marketing tour and making sure to connect with resident kids to speak the good (french) word of hockey to them. Hockey keeps kids off the streets, the streets bring drugs and drugs destroy lives. So I think speaking to the General Manager he would surely understand that doing things for kids in JJFJJ's home province is extremely important and already a meet-and-greet and marketing tour by itself, albeit closer to his heart than wherever the team would want to send him. If the GM does not agree, there is always the chance that JJFJJ can get him to place parts of his tour in his home province. Of course it is important to work for the team but it is also important to make sure to be true to the home province and make sure they get their JJFJJ time in the off-season!

162 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Robo Sven has spent this offseason largely the same as every other offseason since he has had his mechanical overhaul done. He has been poring over hours and hours of film, analyzing data and trying to update firmware to upload the best possible offensive attack patterns into his bionic limbs. It's obvious the adjustments he made last season weren't as effective as he hoped they would be, as he did have a bit of a sophomore slump. So it's time to pivot in a completely new direction and try to carry the Whalers to a Four Star cup win, although their previous season could hardly be viewed as a disappointment. However, Robo Sven knows he only has a couple more shots at a Four Star (again) so he has to make the most out of this season and potentially the next, as his future SHL career looms large. Vancouver looks poised to make a big step up this season, so we'll see if they can make some noise in a few weeks.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Langston Hardison-Laurent had a very long winded and frantic debate with his new General Manager as he was brought up to the Winnipeg Aurora and needs to do a press event for the new rookies. However, Langston decided to enter into a doubles tennis charity match during the French Open and has dragged Juan Tymer along with him. Langston feel pretty good about their chances to win the tournament and has told the Aurora General Manager that he will have to postpone the press conference because it is currently 40-15 with the game score being 5-3 and they are already up a set. The Aurora General managers were hopping mad to hear that Langston apparently absconded with the entire Aurora prospect pool and is using them as ball boys and girls for the tennis match. He was particularly mad to hear that he served a tennis ball directly at Pohler Beargeron, but thankfully the bear managed to evade the ball.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

During her offseason stop in Japan, Videl Valor received a call from Baltimore management to run some marketing campaigns for the team. However, in a rare move, Videl declines it as she has been hired to run a wildlife refuge just outside of Osaka. She responds to them like this: "I hate to inform you guys, but I’ve essentially become a wildlife veterinarian and a role model for young girls here in Japan." Management doesn’t believe her so they decided to fly out to Japan and confront her about it. "Videl. We are quite astonished on how you were able to learn how to be a veterinarian during the offseason”. Videl smirked and said, "Now you know why our bird mascot hasn’t been sick since I’ve joined the team. It actually started back when I was in New Orleans and studied gators and snakes. You want to see one I recently rehabilitated?" Management then sees Videl take out a snake hook and pull up a King Cobra from an enclosure, as they immediately run away. "I have non-venomous snakes too if you want to see them!"

(191 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

As Louise St. Martin prepares for her penultimate season of SHL hockey, she's actually taking a bit longer of a break this offseason and will be ramping up a bit late. She's coming off another deep run in the IIHF tournament with Switzerland and needs every bit of rest she can get. Her ramp up is mostly endurance work to make sure she can get through the whole season in one piece, though she doesn't need it as much these days as a lot of Toronto's younger players are starting to climb into higher roles, lessening the burden on her. She's basically training as if she's preparing for a marathon, which, she kinda *is* preparing for a marathon. She doesn't have to do a ton of on-ice work because the on-ice technical skills don't really lessen with age all that much compared to speed and stamina.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

[Image: MJ6JTcn.jpeg]

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

https://imgur.com/zpt22zh

#GENE4HOF