Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2: When Lias takes a penalty, he feels terrible about it - there's nothing worse than watching your team play shorthanded because of something you did. But he takes the time in the penalty box to calm himself down. It's two minutes where he gets to rest his body, calm his mind, and focus on what he needs to do when he gets back out there. Sometimes he does a little meditation for the first minute and a half, then pulls himself back to the present for the final thirty seconds, sending all of that refreshed energy into his whole body, focusing in on the play on the ice and figuring out exactly what he is going to do when he gets out of the box. He would never take a penalty on purpose but that doesn't mean he can't make the most of it and take the opportunity to use it to his and his team's advantage when it happens.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME A PENALTY FOR SOMETHING, YOU BLIND REF. Well, it is safe to say that Mercedes Bayle does not like too much to be put into the penalty box for two minutes. I mean, it really does not matter how long the penalty is, you are going to penalize her and make sure she sits in a box for something that was clearly not her fault? What an absolute shame. The next two minutes comes with yelling at the referee just enough so she does not get an additional two minutes for unsportsmanlike. I think that is exactly what it consists of. How far can I go without getting in more trouble? She is not usually a confrontational person, but that penalty was just terrible. The fans just love it because they will chant at the referee and stuff as well on her side. Well, that's of course if she is home. If she is away, everyone chants for more. So, not doing well.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Option 2:

Listen, no one likes taking penalties when they're on the ice. It hurts your team and makes them clean up a mess you created. Now, sometimes the penalty against you is bogus and sometimes it's legit. You have to make sure you control your reaction or you risk the referees labelling you a nuisance and it affecting the calls you do or don't get.

When I was starting out, I would get pretty animated whenever I got called for a penalty. I never thought I did anything wrong and wanted to make sure the refs knew what I felt about the call. When I entered the SHL, the vets on the team had a talk with me about reacting appropriately and I've tried to clean up my reactions on the ice. They told me you don't want to be labelled a complainer to the ref and just let them do their job and roll with it. They said they would handle the talking to the refs so I'm definitely working on it. My teammates in Texas have been great in helping me in this part of my game.

(188 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
34-14-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 13] [Pts 16] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 30] [SB 142]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Videl Valor was recently tasked with coming up with a new a rule that would be called a penalty. This new penalty would be called "chopping", this would be a stick that clips the opponents legs or low blows them. If this was unavoidable, a 2 minute minor would be assessed. However, if there was any malicious intent, a 5 minute major would be assessed and you could get either fined or suspended for that play. As an additional punishment, they are also not allowed to have Gatorade or any form of energy drink while they are in the penalty box, as a way to teach them a lesson. This penalty usually rarely gets called and it usually has to be confirmed through replay review to ensure that either the penalty happened, or if there was any malicious intent to make it a major. This penalty will be more common during the playoffs rather than the regular season to prevent injuries during the playoffs

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

My player Johnny FourStar absolutely hates getting sent to the penalty box! In no other context is it okay to put someone in a box. It's inhumane, disrespectful, and dangerous! What if everyone in the arena forgets I'm in the box? Will I have to sleep in that tiny area until someone finally notices? What about if I have to go to the bathroom? Do I just find a corner? And what if I need a snack? I don't see many penalty boxes with their own Quiznos. We shouldn't put players into boxes. And that's why I am so angry! Did I throw an elbow? Probably. But why don't you send me to a nice relaxing spa, a place that will heal my inner child who threw that elbow? The penalty box should be a place for rehabilitation, not punishment. I think that this league as a whole will do much better if we address the root cause of penalties, rather than just throwing someone in a box. It's barbaric.

(177)

Carter Stankoven used to be in the box a lot when he was in his first season, but last season he changed his mindset to play hockey and to not be in the box. But when he was in the box. He got mad even if it was a bad call. For example early in the season there was a boarding call even tho he barely touched the other person. When that happened. He walked into the box and broke his stick and started screaming. But there hasn't been a bad call for him. All the other calls were reasonable. But there has been a lot more like when he broke the glass when he slammed the door after a bad call which made him get another penalty for unsportsmanlike (which was a stupid call) but other than that. He hasn't gotten mad after a call. Maybe this season he will. But who knows 

Word count: 159

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 11:27 AM by sulovilen. Edited 2 times in total.)

Written option 1

Since the root of the problem is not having enough power plays, there would be two paths. Either we could have a lot more penalties but have them even shorter than minor penalties. Or we could have just a little more penalties, but ones that would be super long. Just for maximum chaos, I'll take the "little more, but long serving time". The rule then should be something that happens at least once every game. So, how about you get a penalty every time you fall over without any physical contact with another player. The official reason would be just "Falling". So any kind of a tumble that leads to neither skate blade touching the ice will net a penalty. And not just a penalty, but a new kind of a penalty: the 59-minute major. It's a penalty that leads to your team playing one player short until the last minute of play. That's when you get released. And the benefit at the end is not just that you get a rested player back, but all the players that were serving a 59-minute major can just hop on the ice. If your team has two players serving a 59-minute major, you'll play 7-on-5 for the last minute. To prevent situations where a team would intentionally start falling over at the 58th minute, this rule only applies in the first 50 minutes of play. If your team gets five 59-minute majors, the other team plays 5-on-0 powerplay until the last minute of play.

[Image: sulov.gif]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Option 1: There are a lot of options. If I had to create a new penalty in hockey and to add A LOT of action is that you are not allowed to have 5 players in your own zone. So when you're playing defense, one of your players must stay outside of the defensive zone. This would help both sides of the ice. For one, on attack, you'd always be 5v4 and this would increase the number of goals. Second, even if you are 4 players at the back, you have one who is in neutral zone waiting for you to get the puck, pass it to him and then he will get be able to go on a breakaway or maybe just a great opportunity, then he would score goal and who doesn't like breakaways and goals scored like that. Getting back to the penalty, so not allowed to have 5 players in the back. this promotes having more one man advantage.

Written option 2:

Lately Langston has been spending more and more time in the sin bin than he did in the SMJHL, at least during preseason as he has been using it as a time to let his aggression out on former teammates. Before he would argue a lot more, having needed to take charge as Yukon’s captain, but now he tends to take his punishment a lot easier since he is the rookie. Now in the SHL, usually, he is in a big rage against whoever he committed the penalty on, not so much the refs, but he simmers down in the box, but his coach gets him fired up again once he gets back to the bench. But this time, Laurent puts his anger to good use as Langston has a surprising high points after penalty ratio in the preseason. It seems like he always needs to be reminded that the scoreboard is the best way to show his opponents who is boss.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 12:42 PM by KaleSalad.)

Graphic option 2:

[Image: 53Jd3lC.png]

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Option 2:

Luca is not a stranger to the penalty box, he spends some time there every season. He knows he plays hard and can sometimes take it too far, so he will never complain about a call. Could he complain? Sure, anyone can complain about a call going against them, but what good does it do? You will just get the ref you target you more in the game, or worse, other games. While in the box, he spends the two minutes hoping a goal is not scored. That is the worst feeling, a power play goal because of an action you did. The other thing he focus on is what he does after he leaves the box. Join play to help defend or attack? Straight to the bench for a change? I guess it depends on what the on ice situation looks like, but always being aware and prepared will get you some solid chances if done right. Luca feels like he should be making up for the penalty kill after his two minutes is up, whether that is a goal of his own or drawing a call.

[188]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Option 1

If the issue the league has is not having enough powerplays in a game then the solution for a new penalty is simple. The newly implemented penalty will be called "failing to score on a powerplay" and just like it sounds, the penalty will be inflicted on any team who fails to score a goal on a powerplay opportunity. This means that any time a penalty is called for a different reason, there'll be nothing but powerplays and 4 on 4s until a goal is scored. This will drastically increase the excitement of the game and also cause teams who draw penalties to have something to look forward to. If refs are tilting the table one way or the other, simply kill off a penalty to create your own powerplay opportunity. Of course this will significantly change the structure of the game but if the league wants more powerplays to occur each game then this is definitely one of the best ways to increase the ammount.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate