Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written #1:

The SHL's got a problem with not enough power plays happening in games. So, Savva Kirik came up with a new rule called "Delay of Game – Neutral Zone Infraction." The rule is supposed to make more power plays by punishing players for making the game stop too much in the neutral zone. If a player on purpose or by accident sends the puck out of play (like over the boards or into the stands) from the neutral zone without it touching anyone else, it’s a "Neutral Zone Infraction." The penalty for this is called "Neutral Zone Delay." Players who do this have to sit in the penalty box for 2 minutes, giving the other team a power play. I think this penalty will be called about 1-2 times per game, which should make players think twice but not mess up the game too much. This "Neutral Zone Delay" penalty is there to stop players from stopping the game too much and to make more chances for power plays, which should make the games more exciting. By adding this rule, fans will have a better time watching.

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

Written Option 2:

"LA Number Seven, two minutes, tripping!" the ref called. The smattering of Panthers faithful who had made the trip into enemy territory booed and jeered as the home crowd cheered.
Now, it was a fair point that Oliver Castillon and the opposing defender had gotten a little tangled and the other player had stumbled to the ice. Tripping though? Oliver frowned, skating over toward the ref as Kobo, wearing the A, was already arguing his case.
"He didn't touch the guy!"
"I think he stumbled on his own," Oliver added.
"Nope, no, it was a trip. You're lucky I'm not calling it a spear," the ref answered. Oliver grimaced. Had he gotten his stick up that high? He hadn't thought so. He looked up at the jumbotron, trying to catch the replay. There had been a big powerplay call a few minutes ago for the Panthers, where Adam had notched up their lead to 2 goals. It was difficult not to suspect that this was a "make up" call, but alas, Oliver was ushered into the box anyway.
"Could I see the play, please?" he asked the attendant, who dutifully handed him a tablet. He reviewed a couple of different angles, and sure enough, he hardly touched the other player before he went down. It wasn't a trip at all. A deep sense of injustice settled into Oliver's belly, and the chip on his shoulder seemed to dig deeper. Less than 30 seconds later, the horn blared as the home team knocked in their own Powerplay goal to make it a 1-goal game. Oliver saw red.
Don't get mad, get even, Oliver thought, hearing his old coach's voice in his head. Take the point back.
(298 Words)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Written 2
Johnny Shuffleboard does not take too many penalties, with just 88 PIM over three seasons. When he does it is usually because of a terrible call. Shuffleboard however, is a gentleman and he knows better than to argue with the officials. Well sometimes. If the call is bad he will certainly tell the ref that he expects a makeup call on the way.
While in the box Shuffleboard actually enjoys watching his team kill the penalty. The Forge have a great PK and they do a great job. Even better, Shuffleboard himself sometimes has to kill penalties, so when he takes the penalty it is a chance to not kill one.
Usually, he is getting himself ready to make an impact on the game. He imagines himself scoring as goal. Sadly, he doesn't have much experience doing so, as he has just 24 goals in three seasons. But as they say, practice makes perfect.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Written Option 2

Oliver Cornwall was never the kind of guy to take a perceived wrong lightly, but he’s also (generally) a reasonable guy. Usually, he will take the skate of shame whenever the referee points at him with no complaint, he knows that defending the best of the SMJHL will cause him to take penalties. However, when he feels he or his teammates have been wrongly penalized, he will do his best to keep his temper in check while having a discussion with the officials on the way to the box or just outside the officials crease.

However, as he is wearing an A on his chest this season, Oliver will need to be more respectful of the officials this season to ensure that he has an adequate relationship so he and the officials can have frank discussions. As such, he will be keeping his more angry words to himself on the way to the box this year to ensure that he does not burn bridges with the league’s officials.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png] [Image: OliverCornwall_BlueText.png?ex=667d8802&...a3d8ecebc&]
sig credits to @Nokazoa and @dextaria!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

As a defenseman, being sent to the 'box' is just another day at the office. Even as a Two-Way Defenseman and a leader, you can't throw a temper tantrum. You have to act like it's just the cost of doing business in the league which often times it is. 'Plotting revenge' on the person that made you either get the call or caused you to draw the call just doesn't make sense to me and never has. You're just letting them get into your head and cause you to play their game which never works out well for either yourself or your team. You gotta keep your calm and act like it doesn't phase you, which makes them work harder and make mistakes that let you capitalize. Hockey is the ultimate strategy game in its most purest form and it's a game where sociology majors would have a field day.

We need more smart folks in the league to be honest.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

Written Option 2:
I'm not quite sure how to react to this to be honest. If this was a regular league with typical rules then goalies should not be put into the penalty box in the first place. There are probably good reasons for that. Of course, you always have two goalies available to play at every game, so theoretically the backup could play for the time while the starter is in the box, but that doesn't make much sense. So much back and forth, it would confuse people. If they really did put me into the box I would probably spend way more time - likely the entire two minutes - wondering about the whole point of this rule than about what originally caused the penalty. Typically they should just put one of the skaters into the box. Is this just a flaw in the system here? Did I even commit a penalty? Who can even tell at this point. Is anyone else confused already? Perhaps it should just be avoided altogether and I simply won't commit any more penalties. That will solve the problem.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Written Prompt #2

Toasty is pretty used to trips to the penalty box. It's simply something that comes with the physical "get in the way" kind of playstyle he has become known for through his career. He puts his body on the line to make sure he is able to stop the pucks before they can even test his goalie. If it just so happens that involves sending another player to the ice then that's not going to be a problem for him either but sometimes it's going to be the reason that he's making a trip to the box. In games where it doesn't really matter you can tell that this doesn't bug him too much but when its an important game you can see the agitation all over his expressions. He is ready to get back on the ice at full speed and do whatever he can to be a positive impact on the ice for San Fran. He showed that in pre-season with quite the uptick in offensive performance and hopes to keep it going in the regular season.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Written Option 2

Jaden does his best to stay out of the box, and it shows on the scoresheet - he was the second-lowest in PIMs last season. However, every player takes penalties eventually, and he's no exception. It's never his intention, obviously, but sometimes he loses control of the puck in his own zone and a rim around the boards turns to a souvenir for some lucky fan (as long as they don't get brained by the puck). Sometimes his stick gets a little high and catches a player's hands. Sometimes he blocks a shot and curses so badly that the refs feel like they have to do SOMETHING and give him an unsportsmanlike. These things happen.

Even on questionable calls, he takes it with grace, simply going to the box and serving his time. He spends those minutes reflecting on what he did wrong, how to fix it, and how he can continue to be a defensive presence on the ice. He know that if he throws a fit or goes for some sort of retaliation on the player who drew the penalty, he's more than likely just going to hurt the team. His best bet is to stay out of the box when he can and stay quiet when he can't.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Option 2 
Peyton doesn’t put up a fuss about getting sent to the penalty box, when he’s there it’s usually for a reason. That being a fight. It’s yet to happen but Peyton will be looking for dance partners for this up coming season. Fights will be sure to be the big penalty but Peyton will go without protest. He knows it’s part of the game and will get a cool down for a few minutes while he blows off some steam and hopes to contribute to the game further despite the actions being taken. Sometimes the refs get a call wrong but he knows the reputation that he has so again, there’s not much of an argument to the refs about the calls. It’s part of the game and some players play a bit cleaner than others. Peyton will do anything to win even if that means playing hired goon from time to time when the team needs it

[Image: gageshl.gif]

My rule is a little out of the box, but I think that it would make for some entertaining hockey and bring a ton of excitement to the fans. It would be a two part rule. Firstly, any player who scores a goal must sit in the penalty box for one minute following their goal being scored, unless said goal is scored within one minute and thirty seconds of the end of any period. This will up the scoring while also giving goalies more chances to make great saves, and will boost numbers across the league as a whole. Secondly, if a player at any time scores their third goal in a game, they immediately must participate in a fight with any of the opposing team, decided by that team's head coach. If the player wins the fight, defined as either knocking off the opponent's helmet, knocking the opponent to the ice, or causing the opponent to surrender, then the player continues with no repercussions and foregoes the one minute penalty. However, if the player loses, they are given a 5-minute penalty. However, once two minutes have passed, the player will be released from the penalty box upon an opponent scoring a goal.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 2:

Ju-gong has only been to the penalty box one time in their career, and it was well before they went professional. Back with his old local team in Busan, they would from time to time put the youngster into a skater position to make games fairer. One team having a lights out goalie at such an amateur level was essentially game winning on the spot, so to balance things out, occasionally Ju-gong would have to go skate around to appease the group.

While out skating, avoiding serious contact was also the main goal, so timid plays and icing the puck happened regularly. His penalty came when playing defenseman in one of these games. With an attack skating around him, he reached out his stick in order to try and hit the puck away, but was so slow that he simply clipped their skate. Just a two-minute tripping call, nothing serious, but time in the box nonetheless. In full honesty, Song was happy to get the break, preferring his place in the box over trying to play defense with talented skaters.

Option 1: Grzegorz is highly biased and would not even claim otherwise, but if the league asked him for his input on a new rule to increase power plays, it's their fault if they take his suggestions, not his fault for making them. 

Grzegorz's modest proposal is to finally clean up goalie interference, as follows: If a skater in the offensive zone makes physical contact with the goalie, while at least one of the skater's own skates are touching blue paint, the offensive player shall be assessed a 2 minute minor. This and nothing else is goalie interference. If you push a defenseman into his own goalie, that's the defenseman's fault; fair offensive play, good goal. If the goalie is a million miles out of his crease and bumps you on his way back to where he should've been two seconds ago, that's the goalie's fault; good goal. If you're trying to screen the goalie and skate backwards into him by mistake with a gentle bump; your fault, the other team is now on the power play. Get rekt forwards. You have to actually play offense now and not try to give Grzegorz pink-eye and call it "screening". Go to mental institution, please.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Option 2:

Jussi Mutou is no stranger to the penalty box. In fact, 50% of his time with the Colorado Raptors in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, he finished top 10 in penalty minutes (including a top 5 finish in season seventy four. Jussi Mutou has taken it upon himself to find his zen. Whenever he takes a 2 minute minor and makes the long skate to the penalty box, Jussi Mutou doesn’t curse. He doesn’t shout. He doesn’t even make rude hand signals. He just calmly skates to the box and sits down.

Once in the penalty box, Jussi Mutou closes his eyes and begins to meditate. Somehow, in the loud arena he is able to drown everything out. “Everything but the sounds of skates on ice.“ he says. “I tune it all out and just focus on myself and the game. I have to be very careful though cause there have been times where my penalty has ended and I’m still meditating, so I’m late getting back out onto the ice.”

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig