Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1

My rule would not necessarily be a new one, but it would be a change to the existing rule set. For starters, the game would be changed to have 4 periods. Next, the amount of players allowed on the ice would end up imbalanced. For the first period, the home team would be allowed 5 skaters, while the away team would be allowed 4 skaters. Then, in the next period, it would flip. This would continue through each period to simulate what it would be like for there to be a power play, even though it wouldn’t be a power play. There would be a penalty for too many men that would be separate from the previous one, so if you’re the team assigned four skaters and put 5 out, you would be called for a too many men. If you put 6 out there, you get called for two penalties. I think this change would be great.

Code:
Written Option 2: How does your player react to getting put into the penalty box? Do they have a fit of rage calling the call unfair? Do they focus on the next two minutes trying to think about what they’ll do when they get back into the game? Does their reaction change when the call is very obvious compared to when it’s a little more ambiguous whether or not the penalty was the right call? Do they plot their revenge on the player who drew the penalty?

Ben Jammin is used to being in the penalty box ever since he joined the league and led his juniors team the Kelowna Knights with PIM's in his rookie season. While Ben doesn't see himself as a dirty player, it is not uncommon to see him racking up penalty minutes over the course of a season. When Ben Jammin was coming into the SHL, he would be very upset at the referees for calling a penalty on him and sending him to the penalty box, however now that Ben is nearing the end of his career and is much older he doesn't care as much as he used to and just accepts the penalty (but if this happens during the playoffs then all bets are off since the games matter that much more compared to the regular season). He actually looks forward to getting a rest while serving a penalty since Ben Jammin's stamina isn't at the peak anymore when he was younger and in his prime days. 

(168 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Squidwardo Tentacles is no stranger to penalties, the former Yukon Malamute is the franchise leader in penalty minutes and he is now very experienced with talking to the referees and officials on the way to the box. He doesn't try to take the penalties, but he likes to play on the edge. If an after the whistle scrum breaks out and he gets a little rough, or his elbow goes a little high, or the crosscheck is called even though they deserved it, he just smiles with a smug grin and skates to the box slowly. He will often make some light comments to the refs about the situation but nothing too over the line. Just little comments like the other player should stay on their feet, they're soft, or it isn't his fault the player was facing the boards. He saves the harsher words for his opponents and makes sure the opposing players know to keep their heads up when Squidwardo is out of the box as he will be looking to light them up with a (mostly) clean hit.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2024, 12:11 AM by soulja. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2

10 minutes left into the 3rd period and the score is 3-3 between San Diego Tidal and Nevada Battleborn. Sam Volta has the puck in his end and attempts a pass to his teammate but instead it gets intercepted by Yuri Boyka III. Boyka rushes towards the opposition with a perfect chance to score and Volta comes rushing towards him. Boyka is about to shoot and Volta falls down on the ice and whistle is blown. Boyka gets called 2 minutes for slashing. Boyka yells what the fuck at the referee and gets another 2 minutes. He thinks to himself what the hell is going on. Volta displayed the biggest act of the century and acted as if he got hit by boyka's attempt at a slap shot. As Boyka enters the penalty box, he is furious at how Volta played the pitiful game of deceit. The next 4 minutes, all kinds of crazy thought is going inside the Russian's head. He is not able to accept the fact that he was basically charged for a penalty he did not deserve. Boyka plans his revenge. Initially, he thought of replicating a similar act but he knew he was better than this. So instead he analyzed the game for the next 4 minutes. He realized that there is a big hole on the left side of the ice as the defender from the opposition was slow to get into position. Boyka kept studying and hoping that Nevada can kill the penalty and indeed they did. The game continues and the score is still 3:3. 30 seconds remain and Boyka decides to unleash his full power. He skates up the wing on the left side and uses his big strides to quickly accelerate and receives a beautiful saucer pass from Gwenn. Without further ado, Boyka takes a slap shot mid air and banggg the puck goes in. The Battleborn have done it and secured another win to an amazing start to the regular season. Lesson is to use the negative outcome as a fuel to make it positive.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Option 2

Mia Lavoie doesn't take penalties often, but when she does she usually just accepts her punishment and takes the minutes without much complaint.. provided it was a legit offence. If the zebras pull a total boner move and put her in the box for next to nothing (which happens way more often than it should across the board) she might kick up a bit of a fuss or back talk a bit. But she knows that blowing up or over reacting to things on the ice can make her situation worse and get her more time, so it's better to just bite her lip and accept the usual 2 minutes and hope her penalty kill team gets the job done. If the opportunity strikes to draw a penalty of her own on the other team later in these scenarios she might try just that, but overall it's not her style of play and it's more of a "lol what if I did this to screw with them" thought than an action.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2024, 12:09 AM by Ricer13.)

Graphic Option:

https://imgur.com/a/vJsOxZN

Option 2: I usually react quietly to a penalty call, and I would even say that I nearly shut down emotionally when I get a penalty call against me. I keep a straight face, I look at the penalty box and I slowly skate towards it without interacting with anyone and go sit on the bench. In my mind, whether the call is obvious or not doesn’t change anything when it comes to my reaction, become it kind of pointless. During all of my playing career, I’ve never seen any referee change their decision because a player decided to argue the call that just happens against them. By having no reaction, I’m betting on the fact that the referee won’t notice me, because this might put a target on my back and the referee might look at me more closely and try to call me for something else. I also want to show the other team that I’m in control of my emotions, so they won’t try to make me lose my cool.

171 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Because Austin Morley always plays with a high level of ferocity, bravery, and aggression, he more often than not accepts whatever penalty that has been handed to him regarding his in game play. I think for him it is very uncommon to have an ambiguous call against him. This is because when he was young, he was taught to do everything at 100 percent. And in hockey, that means even doing penalties at 100 percent. So really for him there are no ticky tac penalties. Every high sticking penalty is really high, boarding is obvious and intentional, holding literally cannot be mistaken for anything than purposeful, and his charging penalties make him look like a tomahawk missile heading for his opponents. Yes, quite simply Morley just accepts that if he is getting penalized that he was in the wrong. While he is in the box, he doesn't dwell on the call or think about what he could have done differently. He just sits there as the time passes - because time is finite, and no second should be spared about thinking of could've, would've, should've. (189 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Option 2:

Marek definitely has a different reaction to a penalty call when its very obvious versus ambiguous. When he commits an infraction on purpose OR he accidentally does something that results in a call like puck over the glass, or someone steps on his stick blade and falls, he understands the calls must be made and he skates straight to the box after the whistle. If it’s a borderline or questionable call, Carda becomes much more vocal – known to berate or chirp guys who go down a little easy or embellish. Additionally, he's been known to use his native Czech tongue to tell off referees who have really botched it. While it doesn’t always keep him out of trouble, it’s a nice release and generally ends better for everyone than when he uses English. While serving the penalty, Marek spends a moment recovering, before analyzing the play and monitoring signals from the bench to determine exactly what the team needs upon being set free from the sinbin.

166 words

\

Option 2

My player can't go in the penalty box, so he can't spend some time in there to think about what he did. If I'm not mistaken, he never got a penalty for delaying the game because of the trapezoid and he never fought (yet) so no chance for him to go "think about what he did'.
For him, being a goalie is to stay calm and almost never let your emotion take over. They are the last defense so they have to show they are ready for anything and they will be there for their teammates.  
I know there are some goalies in the old time that were happy to participate in a fight or to be physical with players around their net, but I think it's something that shouldn't happen that often. It show you are not anymore in control and that can definitively affect your game performance.
So no penalty for him, but he try he's best when they are in PK to not get socred against.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Jennifer doesn’t typically take a lot of penalties, but when she does she sees it as a much needed break. Most of her penalties are hooking or slashing, more stick based ones as she doesn’t really go for hits so she wont get elbowing or boarding penalties. After a penalty is called on her, she takes the two minutes to sit and reflect. It’s pretty quiet in the box relative to on the ice or on the bench, so it’s a good opportunity to re-focus. Of course she ends up pretty sad if her penalty causes a goal against on the penalty kill, but if her team kills the penalty she’s able to come out of the box ready to go and in relatively good spirits. She’ll also focus on keeping her stick in control, as while it’s nice and quiet in the penalty box, she doesn’t want to hurt her team by taking penalties she doesn’t need to.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Written Option 2:

I usually sit there, steaming mad, thinking about how many times I've gotten away with what I just did. Questioning why is it, that this time, it was called. If the call is actually bad and in a game that I care about, I'll probably end up threatening a ref and their family. Usually won't follow through on that though. One of these days I might make good on a threat and at least follow them around and wait outside their house, just to put a little fear in their heart, not to actually do anything sinister. Maybe tamper with some mail, but that's it. Or break into their house and move things around just enough that they question if someone was in there. Again, haven't done it yet, but anything's on the table during the playoffs. If the call ended up being something that I'm like "Yeah, I can see that" then I'll just go sit in the box and wait until the time is up, praying silently that my team doesn't give up a goal and blame me.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:
Graphic Option 2: Draw your player getting called for a penalty and being put in the penalty box.

[Image: CN56dHZ.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Written Option 1: The SHL has recruited your player to shake things up a little with the rules of the game as the league believes there aren’t enough power plays per game. Your player has been tasked with creating a rule that will come with an associated penalty. What is the new rule that your player comes up with? What is the penalty called for a player that breaks that rule? Do rule breakers simply get sent to the penalty box, or is there another form of punishment they must complete before returning to the ice? How often does this new penalty get called per game?

I would like to implement a rule where rather than elicit a a challenge and be faced with a penalty should the challenge become unsuccessful I would like to see a test of strength be presented on ice. I would like to over each team 1 chance per game to make a challenge on any call and should the call be successful then the call stands. However if the call is unsuccessful then the coach from each team must choose a player to compete on a 1v1 where the at fault team must defend (along with the goalie) while the rewarding team is permitted the opportunity to be a hero and score a goal. The attacking player would start at the centre dot and the defending player could start anywhere along the goal line and they would come out to meet each other. This allows both players to get some momentum going. If the attacker scores they get a goal. If the puck passes the goal line the play is ruled dead and the attack unsuccessful.

176 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights