Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Quote:How does your player react to getting put into the penalty box? Do they have a fit of rage calling the call unfair? Do they focus on the next two minutes trying to think about what they’ll do when they get back into the game? Does their reaction change when the call is very obvious compared to when it’s a little more ambiguous whether or not the penalty was the right call? Do they plot their revenge on the player who drew the penalty?

McLovin is a man full of love.... and therefore, he chooses to exercise that love when when he is placed in the penalty box. He doesn't rage or throw sticks or get angry, rather, he enjoys his time out by interacting with the fans all around the penalty box. It doesn't matter if they're for or against him, he still puts on a show for them by dancing, cheering, playing air guitar and juggling his gloves. Was the call the correct one? Was it egregiously wrong by the refs? It doesn't really matter for our love filled legionnaire, he's there to enjoy his private time. Revenge? That's a dish best served cold. McLovin doesn't forget who wronged him., Rather he channels his inner love machine so he's ready to explode once he's out of the box.

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

Written Option 2: Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava has a bunch of different reactions to being put in the penalty box depending on the situation. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava will usually react with intense frustration and anger to a refs penalty call when he believes it was the wrong call. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava has been caught on camera in the past slaming his stick against the boards, yelling at the referee, or engage in a heated discussion with the officials. This reaction from Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava is driven by the competitive nature of the game and the high stakes involved and his extreme desire to do what ever it takes to win. If the penalty was an obvious infraction, such as a blatant trip or high stick, Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava has often accepted the call with little argument, acknowledging his mistake knowing he put his team at a disadvantage. In contrast, if the call was ambiguous or borderline, Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava will often show more frustration and disbelief, making sure the refs known that he felt that the penalty was undeserved.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

William Tree is a straight Division one crashout. He does not like getting put into the penalty box at all calling the call wrong and unfair everytime he gets in there. The moment he gets into the penalty box he is already plotting his revenge on whoever made him get put in there. He is thinking of multiple ways of getting back at him whether that be tripping with the stick, blindsiding him, or just straight up starting a fight as soon as he gets back on the ice. He is not a dude you want to mess with or get on his bad side. Not only will he remember it for that game but he will remember it for the rest of the season and plot to get his get back the next game even if he already had gotten it the previous one. William is a straight demon

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Option 2:

Luke is generally pretty cool headed when it comes to taking penalties. Penalties are part of the game and it is expected to be in the box from time to time. Being an official in the highest level of hockey is also incredibly difficult and he believes the officials deserve respect 99% of the time. That 1% of the time though when Luke thinks he is right, there's no telling what his reaction will be. He is gonna see red and go crazy, shouting at players, officials, coaches, you name it. Normally Luke goes so above and beyond he gets ejected for the remainder of the game he is in. Luckily this doesn't happen very often (maybe once a season at most). His teammates always try to calm him down, but to no avail. Luke really is a mad man when it comes to 1% of penalties called. The rage that pulses through him is nothing to be trifled with, and I wouldn't stand in his way.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Written Task / Option 2

When I see that ref's hand go up and pointed at me, there is no worse feeling. When the penalty gets called on me, my initial feelings are pure disappointment. Disappointed in myself for making such a dumb decision, but more disappointed for my teammates who I know I let down due to getting that penalty. There is nothing worse than being locked up in that penalty box, in what typically feels like the longest couple minutes of my life. And, as many would agree, there is absolutely nothing worse than being in that box and seeing the other team score a goal on the powerplay, knowing that we were shorthanded because of me. After the game and when that anger has gone down a bit, I do try my best to remind myself that penalties are a part of the game and everyone is going to get their share every once in a while. Still, thinking that way does not always help me get over it quickly.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Option 2
Being a heavy hitter, sometimes penalties happen.  Now, I promise all my hits are clean but sometimes the refs don't see it that way.  I try not to get too angry about it.  It's just how it happens sometimes. I only had about 24 PIM last season, so honestly it doesn't happen that often so I just chalk it up to a ref having a bad day.  It's not my fault that they can't see that my elbow is very clearly low and tucked to my side and did NOT make contact with the other players jaw. Right? That's not my fault. What am I supposed to do? Not blast a player through the boards and knock the puck away from them? Like, as a power forward that's kinda my job. Oh sure I score goals here and there as well, but I'm on the ice to knock someone's block off. (160 words)

[Image: hudson.png]

Graphic Option 1: Create an image that shows how referee signs the new penalty from the written prompt.

[Image: ZYpUwRo.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Writing Option #2:

Volta’s reaction when he is sent in the box penalty depends on the penalty. If it’s a penalty that he committed and it’s well called, Volta is understandable of the situation and goes in the box. If it’s not a penalty that he committed or the referee is completely blind, that’s another story. In fact, one of Volta’s special powers is his eyes can change colour depending on his emotion. So, if he’s angry at that bad penalty that shouldn’t be called, his eyes change from orange to purple, which means his angry. And you don’t want an angry Volta because if an opponent tries to tease him, well it’s already game over because Volta is stronger to just overscores or put his opponent to sleep. And the referee wouldn’t assert a 5 major or a 10 misconduct for that because they can also getting put to sleep because of Volta.

-151 words-

[Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]

1) My rule will be as follows: the first person on the other team caught being taller than Pinli will receive a five minute major for unfair play. This is going to be enforced a lot like the stick curve rule, where the ref is going to have to go to the box and get a mesasuring tape, then line Pinli up against the offender and measure us both for accuracy. You can't just do it by eye or you might make the wrong call! The penalty is also open for video review by coaches, so if you think the wrong call was made the refs can then go to a high speed camera at Pinli's head level. A 4k signal is piped to the situation room where trained analysts will look for any pixels above Pinli's head. If there's one there, sorry bud but you're taller and you're headed to the box!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

Being a goaltender, Justin Time has the unique privilege of not having to serve time in the penalty box, even if he's the one who gets called for a penalty. While some players might enjoy that freedom and take extra liberties with opposition players, Justin would feel extremely guilty watching a teammate have to serve time for his actions, so he keeps his stick in check even when opposing forwards rudely enter his crease or call him names after a great save. To this day, he's never been called for a penalty in any of the leagues he's played in, though that isn't to say that he hasn't wanted to trip up a few specific players from time to time. Will Time succumb to his rage at some point and earn a teammate an undeserved trip to the box? Maybe, but for now the veteran goalie will keep his temper in check, if only for the sake of his innocent teammates.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Written Option 1

You want more penalties? You got it. Presenting for your Disciplinary Committee enjoyment: The Family Jewel Rule. Exact wording is going to be something like: If, during the action of obtaining the puck or in between such actions, should an offending player place their stick between the victim players legs, that player will be assessed a 2-minute minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct - invading a player's personal space. When the ref goes to call the penalty, they could like, pretend they just got hit in the groin as the signal for it. If you really want to take it to an extreme, let the player that they tried to do it to get a shot at them from the blue line. That would make sure someone doesn't reoffend again that's for sure. But I also feel like that it happens so much, even by accident, that it would be constantly called. If the goal is just to add as many penalties as possible to the league, this is the way to do it.

172 Words

Edouard goes to the box and usually has a conversation with the official trying to understand why the penalty was called so that he can do his best to avoid making the same mistake again. He may also do  his best to, respectfully, argue his case for calls he thinks are incorrect. By the time he gets in the box, he is focused on regaining energy while also following the play on the ice so that he knows exactly what he needs to do as soon as he is allowed to step back on the ice. Whether that be wait at the blue line for a breakaway feed or rush back into the defensive zone to assist with regaining control or even rushing straight across to the bench to get another player on the ice. His goal, at all times, is to do the best thing he can possibly do to improve his teams' chances of winning the game. He has no time to waste being upset in the box and must instead be ready for what comes next.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

There is a plague spreading across the SHL, and it's time we put a stop to it. Though most players are unaffected by this, there are certain skaters that seem to suffer from an uncontrollable urge to hang their mouthguard out of their face hole every time a whistle is blown. Just skating around with that stupid thing flopping in the breeze. It makes them look like a jerkface and could incite violence in even the most Gandhi-esque people. If you want to take it out when you're on the bench, go for it dude. But skating around waiting for the next faceoff with that stupid piece of rubbery polymer flapping out of your mouth just angers me to irrational levels. So the SHL should start implementing punishments for doing and call it something like "Being a Jerkface". 2 minutes for being a jerkface for your first infraction, 5 minute major for the second infraction, and banned from the league for life for the third infraction. This seems like an appropriate punishment that would fit the crime. (180 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written Option 1: The SHL has recruited your player to shake things up a little with the rules of the game as the league believes there aren’t enough power plays per game. Your player has been tasked with creating a rule that will come with an associated penalty. What is the new rule that your player comes up with? What is the penalty called for a player that breaks that rule? Do rule breakers simply get sent to the penalty box, or is there another form of punishment they must complete before returning to the ice? How often does this new penalty get called per game?

First, I would like to thank the league for asking for my help in this serious topic. Of course, Alexandros knows the best possible course of action to increase the number of penalties in the game. This fool proof rule will be so effective it will also keep injuries in the league low (0-0 =0 teehee). My plan to increase penalties is to introduce the hugger rule! Whenever you go in for a hit on a player you have to then drop your stick and hug them and failure to do so results in an immediate 2-minute minor penalty in which you must spend the entire 2 mins in the box being hugged by a designated hugger. 2 people falling in a hug is safer then 1 crushing another violently and it is also very hard to drop you stick and hug someone during a hit. This will cause immense entertainment and clearly much more penalties while also working as a sensitivity training as people hug it out and can’t possibly stay mad at each other!

-176 words

Opt 2

Georg N'Zola rarely gets put into the box cause he is just so goddamn good at avoiding it at all costs but when he does, the linesman makes a grave error while he is attempting to pursue the puck and outplay the opponent. Being in the box means nothing to him since he is not the defensive oriented player on his team, that assignment relies on someone elses shoulders, so the 2 minutes he gets to spend in the box to recover himself for the upcoming minutes ahead is actually beneficial for him. LA has killed nearly 80% of all the penalties they have received. It is not the refs fault their judgement is sometimes faulty but you have to do what you have to do. Like I mentioned before N'Zola needs the rest since he is clocking almost 24 minutes a game playing nearly every other shift for his team. Fix the referees, is all I have to say about this

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]