Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: Your player has been chosen to undergo a player enhancement program à la Captain America in order to create the next super SHL player to make the league more entertaining for fans. How does your player gain their newfound abilities? What sort of superhuman abilities does this program give your player? What would be their peak TPE?

Written Option 2: How does your player take on players who outmatch them in one way or another? How do they outplay an opponent more skillful? How do they win battles against a more physical opponent? Do they rely on their teammates to help them succeed? Or does your player have a secret weapon to take on anyone they come across?

Graphic Option: Draw your player undergoing the play enhancement program.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, June 23rd at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Graphics need to be viewable when PT is graded or you will not receive TPE. Discord only hosts images for very limited time.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S78 this is not for you.

PT credit: NaomiMannequeen

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 1: Are steroids allowed now? Because I'm pretty sure the real secret to the new Captain SHL is actually just a LOT of very specialized steroids, applied all at once, in something that I am going to charitably describe as 'an automated human martini shaker'. Of course, after that there's the adjustment period to the new muscles and body, which I think will be handled in similarly highly scientific methods of time dilation, or 'putting on a virtual reality headset and setting the speed to double to try and trick the brain into adapting twice as fast'. Once all of this is done, you will clearly have a player with inhuman strength, speed, and reaction times, plus the ability to think at TWICE the normal speed of a person! Or at least to feel like they do. I'm not sure this actually does anything at all to help with the skills part of the game, but presumably being faster to react already helps you with things like positioning and checking, at least, so you might just produce a 2k TPE defender.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

Task 2:

Nobody outplays William Salming when it comes to work ethic and two-way game on the ice. That is his secret to not get outplayed by more skillful opponents. It is an old wisdom that you can destroy skill with will and aggressiviness. Against more skillful opponents you need to take away free space and pressure them all the time. That is the mantra Salming also knows and implements to him all hockey games as an Seattle Argonaut. He plays often tough minutes against best players of the other teams and knows that he can stop them by pressuring them hard. That's why he knows that if someone tries to do the same for him, he just keeps on grinding and skating so he won't get outplayed or outmatched. Remember, collective always wins individuals and work ethic wins talent. It is simple as that even though playing ice-hockey demands a lot of cleverness so you scan the ice whole time.

[Image: salming.png]

Written Option 2:

So you're telling me that we live in a day and age where the SHL actively WANTS us to take performance enhancing drugs? Well, in the words of professional wrestler and even more professional racist dirtbag Hulk Hogan, "That doesn't work for me, brother". There is only one drug that Trevor Lopez is willing to put in his body, and that's the edibles that he pops after a long, physicially exhausting and painful Vancouver win. Perhaps he doesn't have the fanciest style of play, or isn't yet playing at a level that has the fans roaring and on the edge of their seats, but he's an honorable man who's true to himself no matter what. He'll tell the director of this Player Enhancement Program to shove it up their blowhole, and play the only method he knows how to play: the Trevor Lopez way.

153 words

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

[Image: mkzrdyk.png]

Written option 2:

Given that a goalie most directly competes with enemy attackers, that is the most relevant situation to consider. Ju-gong has on more than one occasion had to go up against skaters with scoring talent well ahead of his development. Generally things in that situation go a few ways. Usually he can adapt to the style of forward and give himself a better % by changing stances. If the shooter is particularly good at placing shots down low, he can rather seamlessly take a more butterfly approach to mitigate the damage done. Another more risky trick is to simply save off anticipation alone, basically making educated guesses. If it works once it might get into the forwards head, but if it doesn’t then well… that goes along the lines of the last option. Sometimes if a forward is simply on another level for that day, Ju-gong has learned to accept that he might be collecting quite a few pucks from the net. This is never an excuse, but sometimes the hand is just that hot.

There are a lot of players out there who are more talented than Johnny FourStar. Quicker, stronger, faster, just about any way you can think of! But Johnny FourStar doesn't let that get him down. Instead, he goes to the tried and true method of playing dirty to get ahead! Yes you heard that right, Johnny FourStar is a dirty player and proud of it! You think you're quicker than me? You think you're going to skate right past me? Not when I'm hanging onto your jersey! Looks like you tripped, you should be more careful! Wow, you got all tangled up in my stick, you must not be as good of a skater as everyone thinks you are! But I am sure some of you are asking where are the referees, the arbiters of fair play? Well I bribed all the refs in the league! So I get to continue my shenanigans day in and day out.

(158)

Most players in the current league are bigger, stronger, and faster than Videl Valor, but Videl knows something that would give her an advantage against the league. She often relies on her instinct to give her an advantage over others, as most players lack the ability to think straight and being unable to see through videls integrity. Another way that Videl has an advantage over those players is experience. Most player will be unable to win a championship because of a few factors, and having the playoff experience would give Videl an advantage of any larger players coming from the J.

Another advantage is staying out of the penalty box. Videl had some of the fewest penalties minutes compared to other players, it’s because Videl knows that making any stiff contact would result in a trip to the box. That’s why she studies all the refs beforehand and see which penalties are called.

Videl quite simply outsmarts most of the league.
(163 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PBE affiliate:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=733270

Written option 2:

Jeyeff Effo works VERY VERY hard to be the best athlete in the SHL. In order to be the best, one must sacrifice everything to stay at the top of the food chain. Whenever Effo meets an opponent that is superior to himself, whether it be smarter, more physical, or much better looking, there is a way to overcome the obstacle and be a winner. Ever since Effo was a child, his father would make him a special smoothie of top secret herbs and spices to help him improve his skills to become an apex predator on and off the ice. The ingredients are as follows - 2 pinches of soil with chemical grade pesticides, 5ml of horse tranquilizer, 15ml of horse steroids, 2 cups of anti-freeze, 12 fentanyl pills, 3 eggs (cracked with shell on). and of course 2 cups of protein powder to get those GAINS. This concoction has worked like a charm to sculpt Effo into the specimen he is today, the only side effect to this special smoothie is potential hair loss. 

176 words

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

PT pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Option 2

Joining the SHL this season, Squidwardo Tentacles is outmatched every game. Facing opponents that are much more skilled than himself, facing more experienced players that have been playing together for multiple seasons. Surrounded by lots of young talent and some older vets, Squidwardo tries to make an impact on the game by giving 100% every shift on both defense and offense. Trying to level the playing field, Squidwardo tries to take the body on the more talented players, standing at 6'4 he is able to push some of the players around still even though he is a rookie. He tries to get under their skin by chirping them relentlessly and yapping at them all game. In order to effectively generate offense, he plays into the coaching system that Seattle has established and allowed the rookies to contribute. It is not the most creative system but it has helped the team weather the storm against better teams and win some games this season. (163 words)

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

[Image: p22960-v-v9-aj.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

pt pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Option 2: 

Jonas has always played bigger than his actual size, able to turn even a disadvantaged matchup into a stalemate at worst. Before his growth spurt, he was always an undersized kid, so growing up, he had to learn how to utilize his speed, agility, and instincts to outwit and outlast his larger opponents. Despite eventually gaining size, he retained his cerebral playstyle and now especially looks forward to defender-on-defender duels with larger opponents. On top of that, Jonas takes pride in his ability to read the game, anticipating plays before they develop, and using his quick reflexes to intercept passes and disrupt offensive maneuvers. His ability to stay one step ahead allows him to neutralize more physically dominant players. This does have the negative effect of making Jonas overconfident at times however, as he has a tendency to get cocky once he realizes he is frustrating a larger or more skilled opponent with his tactics. This is often what leads to him getting laid out.

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Written Option 2: 

As a goalie, it's normal for me that being outmatch from time to time, if not nobody would score on me hahaha!
So I have to take it lightly and tell myself that they've been lucky! I'm always trying my best since I'm the last line of defense and I can't let them score on me, I have a reputation to uphold!
About outplaying them, I can only do my best to prevent them to score. Hockey is a fast game so I need to be ready for everything and try to know in advance what they will do.
The physicality doesn't work with me since they are not allowed to hit me (good for them because I will hit them back with pleasure), but I'm "fighting" my place in the crease every night because that's the spot they want to be, but I don't allow them to be there.
My teammates also help me to remove them out of my crease so I can concentrate about watching the puck and make the save.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]