Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

Quote:Graphic Option: Draw your player undergoing the play enhancement program.

It didn,t go as planned...

[Image: v34zCLY.png]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Jaccppo has always been a player that has known he was not the strongest or the fastest on the ice. There was always someone that was more skilled with the puck or on their skates than him. He also knew that he was never gonna be able to be that big physical presence on the ice either. In order to compensate for all of this he studied a ton of film and knew that his brain could be his biggest advantage on the ice. He knew that if he worked on his positioning then he would get all the advantage that he would ever need by just putting his body in the right spot. He also did not just focus on his positioning. He made sure that he was a leader on the ice for his teammates and he always wanted to make sure that he put himself and his teammates in the best position possible in order to succeed.

Code:
160 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 06:07 PM by _Blitz_. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Option 2:

Oliver Castillon is not a super soldier type of player, but he's been a stickler for technique and building basic skills since very early in his life. He doesn't have super strength, but he's learned tricks to work around that. He's not a speedster, but he can keep up in the long run. At the SHL level, where he has teammates to work with that are at his skill competency and higher, his game and tricks are even better. He doesn't have to rely on teammates, but he likes team systems and it makes his style easier to play and on his body. As he isn't an enhanced person, some of the hits laid out can put him out of commission very easily, and it's a consideration that Castillon is very conscious of. But, overall, he manages based on technical skill prowess and good judgement from years of playing experience.

(150 words)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PT Pass

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

The problem with genetically mutating Ongo Gablogian is that sure, you can probably make him taller than 4 feet 11 inches, and sure, you can probably replace his 300 pounds of fat with 180 pounds of muscle, but you can’t really genetically mutate his brain in order to give him any sort of hockey IQ in any way. Awesome… Ongo Gablogian is now six feet five inches tall and 235 pounds of muscle, but he is still basically a pylon, just floating around the ice and always two steps behind the play. Like how everyone always talks about how Wayne Gretzky knew where the puck and where the play was going to be in ten seconds, Ongo is the opposite. He doesn’t know where the play or the puck was ten seconds ago. But I guess he will be a big, huge, lumbering meat head who can smash people and take out the other team’s top players.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Written Option 1 (179 words):

My player has already passed the program to be the next superstar in the SHL. In fact, with that program, Volta developed a few skills that improves him as one of the best players in the league so far. With every good aspect of offensive plays, Volta improved a lot of his offensive skills and reading, making him a dangerous player in the attacking position. No wonder why the coaches put him on the first lines on powerplay and even strength each game (to make goals or assists obviously). Next, the program helped him to adapt in the physicality of the game. In fact, Volta isn’t the heaviest and tallest players of all. So, the program helped him to train his strength aspect as well as playing ‘’more aggressively’’. Volta is already a hedgehog from the franchise of Sonic the Hedgehog. So, it’s obvious that he already has some superpowers (I will explain this in a media post). His peak TPE going to be close to 2k. Maybe not far short, but one of the highest for a while.

[Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]

John Brown relies upon his most fiercest of determinations to power past opponents who may have more skill, size, or power on the ice. However, none of them have a more fierce set of internal beliefs than John Brown himself. When push comes to shove, John Brown digs deep down within himself and swells up with a conviction the likes of which has never been seen before. He truly beliefs everything he says and does with the fullest of convictions, giving him an edge over his opponents. No one else believes in John Brown's causes like he does, giving him amble time to out work and out effort his opponents. This often leaves them shocked and dismayed at getting so outplayed. But, this often results in John Brown screaming said convictions at the top of his lungs while on the ice, which also confuses most everyone. So, this can lead to confusion and dismay from the refs as well. Skill issue I guess.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I think the ideal scenario is that my player gets infused with some sort of frozone type powers. With these powers I can subtly change the movement of the puck with my ice powers so that I dont break immersion for all the fans. The way to achieve these powers is to google ‘ice powers how to on google’ and follow the instructions. It may take a few tries but you will have super cool ice powers in no time. Their peak tpe would be 3k because then noone else could reach it which would be pretty gosh dang funny. Not sure what that has to do with superpowers though. This is a perfect idea for a disney marvel crossover movie because it can pull from so many different audiences and will surely be a better movie than inside out 2. The downside of this plan is that since we are playing hockey which has regulated uniforms I would not be able to wear a cape which has a serious detrimental effect to overall power levels.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

If Bernard Lodge was given super goalie serum to become Captain New Orleans, the league would be in for a world of hurt. A goalie that is able to react to and stop every shot? NOLA would never lose a game. Tbh, Lodge would feel bad for the opposing teams as the skaters in front of him are already a top crew. Now imagine they don't need to expend any effort on defense? They would be blowing everyone out while their goalie stops 70+ shots a night. Straight up disgustingly dirty. Not sure if ratings would tank due to it being a blowout every game or if the sheer talent on display would cause the viewers to turn in. Either way, vibes would be immaculate. Lodge might even try to mess around and score a few goals himself. Who knows, maybe he could set the points record while also winning goalie of the year?

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2024, 12:24 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 2 times in total.)

Shawn Pawn has been selected to participate in a program called "program à la Captain America". Now I do not know what the program is called but from what I was told it is some sort of program to give me some next level or unnatural abilities. The program reminds me of something that that comic book super hero "captain America" went through. They should have just called it Project Captain America. 

I was told to think really hard about what type of abilities I would want to have to give me the edge against the rest. I had immediately thought of an idea to have some sort of super elastic polymer that would allow to be placed on the bottom of shoes to then have the ability to jump very high as well as use this polymer to accel. Should probably call the material phlubber or something like blubber. But in reality, the ability that shawn pawn recieved is probably one of the better things you can have in sports and it's dependability. Just the consistency of not getting injured would be one of the more superhuman things to occur in sports.

[190+ words]

Option 2

To outplay a player more skilled than me, there are various approaches one can take. The best one I would argue is to rely on your team, your strategy, your tactical structure and your comraderie. You can overcome so many individual shortcomings by having a great team spirit and by being coached well. It is not always the most talented or most skilled players who end up winning the big trophies, it's the one who get to work within a strong, functioning system and who have players and other people around them who help them be the best version of themselves - and who are also there to pick up for you when you can't keep up, be it because you just have a bad day or because the other side is just better than you in a certain aspect. If you have the right people around you, they can get you to a point where your strengths are enhanced and your weaknesses barely show.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Let's break this down, because there's a lot of good traits in Fantasy Hockey Manager 8 that could work for a superhuman hockey player, a la Captain America. But a lot of them are just okay with out the combination of other ones. So let's dive deeper into this:

Screening: You're good at getting infront of people or the puck, but that's about it. This has the potential to be good, but not great.

Getting Open: Okay great, you're always open which creates a lot of opportunites, but if you're not fast or can't shoot, then what's the point?

Passing: This has the ability to be one of the A+ or S tier level traits. Some of the best hockey players are great passers, even if you're slow or can't play D.

Puckhandling: Another one that is good but not great, you can handle the puck well but can't skate or shoot, welp, okay?

Shooting Accuracy: This is another level with Passing.

Welp, that's all the time we have this week, check back in!

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Option 2:
Jay is an old man so most people outmatch him these days, he has to work hard to still compete in this league. Whenever he has someone who is more skilled than him skating at him with the puck, he tries to get physical. Beating the hell out of the opponent is still a working strategy for Jay's whole career. Hitting, checking, stealing the puck are all great ways to beat someone better than you if you're fast enough to do it. If someone is more talented and more physically able than him then there isn't much he can do other than try his best and take all the that hits that he can. Jay has to rely on his teammates a lot these days to win games but he still has his heart. Even though that almost never shows up on the scoreboard. His secret weapon is his determination and will to win, his bones aren't quite there anymore but he'll keep going until something falls off.

Option 1: Fortunately, Betzee has already been a tester in the new enhancement program as she was leaving the Js and is looking to do a full launch of this during her time in Manhattan during the playoffs. To @Takk806, this program is considered cheating or illegal, but it is the most legal way of winning within the league.

Betzee is the proud founder of PEGing, also known as Performance Enhancing Glitches. With this program, it allows Betzee to defeat basic science and teleport from one side of the rink to the other while maintaining the puck and scoring. The confusion of Betzee disappearing and appearing elsewhere not only confuses the opponent and the referees, but it intrigues them so much that they allow it to happen. 

Betzee's first time performing this was at 425 TPE and it was flawless in the trial. She will be running it back again during every playoff which will allow her to never really have a peak TPE which should be scary for every team she faces.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]