Create Account

10 years on the site today
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2024, 05:49 PM by micool132. Edited 2 times in total.)

This day 10 years ago I subscribed to something to satiate my Eastside hockey manager addiction in a new way. I think @Ace recruited me on reddit or something as he did with many others. I went inactive for a bit but the last 5 years have passed very fast and here I am. You can ask me questions I may or may not reply to them in a media style thingy

To save some time : Im gonna win the cup.

Edit: I guess i have more to say. I will always remember how the community aspect, even in 2014 thru chatzy and stuff were so awesome and how much pleasure i had to be talking with other hockey fans and also people who would laugh at my jokes and stuff. @Muerto and @countchoculate and @Narconis and @Jedi were huge part of that Kelowna S19 generation that was such a cool group along many others. I was younger and in need of new air IRL and I stopped playing but always remember the "OGs" such as @JNH and @wannabefin and many many other who were already around then and today.

Then I came back in 2019 for another stint in Kelowna, I met @zoone who gave me back the hype of joining a cool locker room and team where I met what would be the most important people of my online life thru a chain of event, those people being @Jepox and @goldenglutes whom kind of got me into an Eastside hockey manager league full of other hockey degens like me. I say most important because I like it so much I now run that server and invested a lot of time and some money on it and it made me build strong bonds with people that are in the SHL and some who are not. I then went inactive on that character as I disliked the way STHS worked, i tought the SHL game itself was a bit of a waste of effort because I couldnt understand and had somewhat found a new locker room in that EHM league so i didnt need SHL as much.

Then about a year later, @hotdog and @goldenglutes get an expansion team, the Inferno. At the time I just got fined for doing an inadequate job on the updating team, back from 2019 and I was like haha screw them I dont care at all, only to being sucked back into the game by getting expansion drafted and agreeing to help my friend glutes build his team.

I had no idea how awesome I would feel on that team, I could share my (bad) memes and jokes, do bits of weird characters and others would jump in and meme with me. @Leppish, @5ympathies (who i met in kelowna before), @Gwdjohnson, @Duff, @RenoJacksonHS, @CaptainCamel, @sakrosankt and @Blastmeaway among the original crew and im sure i missed a few of you, if you want a shoutout reply to this and I will share my best memories of you and I. But these guys got me back into SHl serious mode. I wanted to rebuild a character, max earn and win cups with that team and not just be a decaying corpse of regressing TPE.

My desire to win led me to a new team in Colorado Raptors as I recreated, and I think i have been as invested in that team as the inferno. I met so many cool newer players and also recreating players who are pillars of this community. I have to give a shoutout to @Birdman and @jumbo for drafting me (alongside wannabefin too what a story) and getting me to try a new junior team. I met fellow Quebeckers @JURT and @gordonbombay there too, I met very young adults who were full of energy and hype for the game, overall the last 4 years have been nothing but pleasant in both locker rooms. Just saying good morning everyday and talking to everyone like we've been friends forever makes the whole concept of SHL worthwile for me, winning a cup or not. I grew past the need for results with these 2 teams and I think it made the whole experience better for me. Special shoutout to @Ruggsy I had to tag you too as a colorado locker room all time post leaders.

To conclude, I think the league is in a good spot today, thanks to everyone who ever took a job on the site (HUGE respect to the Portal and Cards teams, it contributes to the experience on a whole superior level), thanks to everyone memeing in the discord or helping a newbie, and thanks to everyone just putting time into talking with a virtual teamate about their day. I sincerely think the site is a fun experience and users are what the experience is about.

If you want a shoutout or if I forgor to tag you or anything, I first apologise it doesn't mean you are not important to me, and I would gladly give you a shoutout or say a word about my experience with you if you care about knowing. Have a good day!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

S19 Knights legend!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Dang you and @WannabeFinn joined on the same day. wild.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Mi friend micool

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

love from quebec

06-27-2024, 05:24 PMmicool132 Wrote: Then about a year later, @hotdog and @goldenglutes get an expansion team, the Inferno. At the time I just got fined for doing an inadequate job on the updating team, back from 2019 and I was like haha screw them I dont care at all, only to being sucked back into the game by getting expansion drafted and agreeing to help my friend glutes build his team.

When will we get repetitions for our paid fines.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Micool is gonna win the cup

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Legend.
Grats on 10 years!

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

my friend micool

the man who pings me at all hours of the day

i love u man

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Tabarnak semifrais

Tu vas gagner la coupe

[Image: lespoils.gif]

S20 Supremecy

Yep, ce semifrais est prêt pour une p'tite coupe

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

<3

[Image: Z21MZ56.jpg]
Highlanders Highlanders

Aurora Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Another of us joins the decade club. I am glad I recruited you.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Micool's winning the cup

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]