Create Account

Popol Punishment
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2024, 08:08 PM by artermis. Edited 1 time in total.)

Canadian player @Popol encouraged three players to transfer to France along with them, as they plan to do.

As per the IIHF Rulebook, Tampering is defined as:

Quote:Illegal Contact with a player who is not eligible to transfer in the purpose of them joining a specific Federation. This includes:
(i) Locked-in Players.
(ii) SMJHL rookies before the start of their first playoffs.

Where (ii) is satisfied here for all three players in question, and the rulebook defining Illegal Contact as :

Quote:1. Suggesting, colluding, or attempting to transfer the tampered player to a specific Federation.

2. Speaking about where the tampered player would fit into a specific Federation should they join.

3. Contact with the intent of influencing or changing a user's mind, although Federation members are allowed to talk to members currently in their Federation about their intentions of recreating. A member of a Federation or Federation Head should appear objective and be promoting the league first and foremost over your Federation.

4. Recruitment comments on Reddit, Discord, or non-SHL forums, such as a “Join our Federation” message.

The first case being satisfied here for all three players.

Recognizing Popol is a new user, but wishing to remove any advantage France has over these three players in the coming transfer season, IIHF HO has agreed on the following:

- The players in question (Elliot Alderson (@OVOXO), Ozzy Bradford (@Otis Boudreaux), & Matthias (@Gyro_Hero)) will be unable to transfer to France until next season (S78), should they so choose.

As always, Popol may make an appeal to the appeals committee if they choose to.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

smh my head. I can’t believe my Propane would do this

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Bad Popsicle. Why u be cheating smh

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

Popol is a great person and I would like to personally thank the IIHF HO for taking it easy on them!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

06-30-2024, 08:11 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: Popol is a great person and I would like to personally thank the IIHF HO for taking it easy on them!

If they were a bad person would you want them flogged though?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Where's the $30M fine

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

06-30-2024, 08:12 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If they were a bad person would you want them flogged though?

No, I would want to give them the ol Czechia Crab Hammer

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Not my Popol

Smh prince of pickles

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

smh if you're gonna tamper, don't do it for France.

Ratvia, on the other hand...

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I was a co-GM with Popol in the WJC this last season and we got to know one another pretty well.

In this incident I can honestly believe it was just a case of a new user not knowing the rules exactly so I'm glad to see WJC HO took it easy and showed him some leniency. I look forward to seeing what Popol does in the future.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Thank you for the fair judgement in this to the IIHF HO. Popol's ambition got him caught up with not being aware of the rules. It was a simple case of misunderstanding.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

06-30-2024, 08:28 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: smh if you're gonna tamper, don't do it for France.

Ratvia, on the other hand...
dont dm rookies pls

I want to thank IIHF HO for being lenient in their punishment. I acknowledge I made a mistake and I will make sure to not repeat this. I will not be appealing the decision.

I also want to thank everyone for their support and also for making me laughs with your responses.

:D my first time breaking the rules, and I didn’t even know there were rules to break!

Love you all ?