Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1:

This is more of a veiled insult to Langston Hardison-Laurent as the local golf course next to his childhood home near Gainesville, Florida has been renamed the Langston Hardison-Laurent Early April Destination Golf Course. Langston has never had a long playoff run and to be perfectly frank, the locals are getting tired of it. Langston does not even live in Florida anymore after the season as he finds the rabid hockey fans down there (get it cause Florida is a hockey state) too fanatic and that he cannot relax properly down there. But that is a real shame because the LHL EADGC is actually a very fun course that LHL enjoyed playing in his Hawaiian shirts. Still, with Langston more or less run out of town, Langston has still set up a youth golf program through the course to encourage more local kids to play and learn the game that is also a valuable life skill.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Written option 2: When Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava scores back to back goals to help his team come back after being down four to two he celebrates in the biggest way possible. After scoring the game thing goal Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava ends up getting down on one knee and lifting his stick up to his head mimicking as though his stick is a sniper gun and starts to pretend to shoot at the opposing goalie to signal he is going to continue snipping goals on them. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava is known for being a player with a lot of energy and having flashy celebrations. He likes to get the crowd excited with his moves and bring the spirits of his teammates up with his energy. After scoring back to back goals Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava went on to score the game winner finishing off the hat trick in overtime to help his team win and celebrated with an exuberant bow to the home crowd as the team bench rushed on the ice to congratulate Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava and celebrate the win.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

pt pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Graphic option 2

[Image: 6rrqr4U.jpeg]

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: no.jpg?ex=66845420&is=668302a0&hm=66da43...height=564] Graphic Option 2

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]   
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh

PBE affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Option 2:

The buzzer sounds to end the game with the goal horn, and it's like all of the sound in the arena comes rushing in like high tide. The cheers from the Panthers faithful, a relatively small contingent in the arena in San Francisco, were somehow just as loud as the boos from the Pride fans. Oliver Castillon wasn't even really sure what had happened. Oh. Wait. He scored a goal! They won in overtime! Derek Martin was coming over to congratulate him, with Axel Kirby and Elena Maximova right behind him, Nathan Meagher behind them.
"What was that?!" Derek was shouting over the din, as they crowded him around the boards in a quick group hug before skating back to give Gregorz his well-earned boops.
San Francisco has had the Panthers' number all season. Since Round 2 of the last playoffs, really, and every game had been a hard fight only to ultimately lose. They had down 3-1 at the start of the 3rd, and looking at the smug Pride center's face as they lined up for the faceoff and he asked Oliver if they were ready to lose again made something snap in the back of his mind. His vision broadened, the sounds warped and faded, and it was like all he could see was the way forward. "Hit here, swipe the puck there, pass to Derek, receive the puck, fire", just a constant monologue of single-minded focus where the world seemed slower.
The first goal had been a feed from Derek, a nice neat little pass to the corner of the net and a tight angle that got past Justin Time like it had been blasted from a cannon.
The second goal was on the Power Play. Elena had shot one in, Shane Piastri tipped it, but it rebounded and Oliver managed to shove it over the line in a scrum. He got some not-so-playful shoves from one of the Pride defenders for that effort.
Going into overtime, Coach said something, for sure, but Oliver couldn't tell you what. All he knew was that 1st line went out to start and after a long minute, the puck went over the glass and they were able to change. Derek took the face off, and before he even knew what he was doing, Oliver had put the puck on-net and past Time.
They shuffled quickly off the ice and back to the locker room, the mood much more buoyant than it had been at the start of the game. Oliver was called back to receive the nod for 1st star of the game, and the post game interview.
"So, Oliver, what was going through your mind when you scored those goals to win the game?"
"Just doing my job, playing my part. We've got a great team, it could just as easily been Derek or Shane on the score sheet."
"This was your second career hat trick in the SHL. How does it feel?"
"Oh right," Oliver said blinking. "I scored a hatty! It hadn't really sunk in, to be honest. I didn't see too many hats out there from the Pride fans, ha-ha. Can't really blame 'em though, I'd be real mad if somebody turned a 3-1 game into a 4-3 overtime hat trick.
"I was really glad to hear the Panthers fans in the house tonight. The support means a lot, especially as we get deeper into the season and closer to the playoffs."

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Written Option 1:

If you told me that someone would ever want to name any kind of building after Trevor Lopez, I would be absolutely flabbergasted, but wow, here we are! If I’m being honest, there is only one place that feels fitting, and that would be the city of Tijuana’s local orphanage. Trevor was an orphan himself, you see, and he grew up with nothing but a hockey stick and a dream. Now that he has made it big in the SMJHL (and soon to be the SHL), he would absolutely love to give back to the same orphanage that put food on his table, clothes on his back and love in his heart. Perhaps it isn’t as “sexy” a pick as a hotel, a restaurant, a school or a shopping mall, but there are things more important in this world than social status, and being the hope and an inspiration for children who are growing up in the same conditions you did is absolutely one of them.

(166 words, and I actually used wordcount.net for this)

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

[Image: mkzrdyk.png]

Option 1:

With Vaseline Podcalzone's lasting legacy in the sim league hockey world, it made sense that his hometown of Vladivostok (not to be confused with his birth city) would do something to pay tribute to his on-ice contributions. Indeed, with most hockey venues taken up, they will likely honour him by naming a local secondary school after him. In light of this, Podcalzone has chosen to donate a considerable amount towards the school district's athletic and scholastic funding.

Meanwhile, in the sim league city of Seattle, Podcalzone's hope is to eventually have his name on a street next to the team's arena. Indeed, Podcalzone's contributions to hockey have as much weight in Seattle as they do back home in Vladivostok. He doesn't expect much else, but really just a small road next to the arena being named after him will really go a long way in making his legacy last in this city that he has called home for so many years as well.

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Option 1: I met with the mayor of his hometown of Oslo to try to come up with something that could be named after him. It would be the first time that the city would name something after a hockey player, since the sport is only starting to get popular around there. This also means that most people don’t really have a clue of who I am and what I’ve accomplished. This means that they don’t want to name something significant after me, because they don’t want to face any kind of resistance into this small endeavor. After a significant amount of thinking, I came up with something great. The city is currently in the process of extending the bike-sharing network across town and a new docking station is planned to be built in the neighborhood where I grew up. I told the mayor that he should name the docking station after, and he thought it was a brilliant idea. It would be the first station name after someone, and the mayor told me that he would look into naming other stations after semi-important people because of the great idea I had.

190 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

[Image: photostudio-1719891300169.png]
Billy Hill living his best life rn...

[Image: photostudio-1720667986458.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 06:37 AM by ec06aaj.)

Option 2: To my knowledge, Simo has never scored more than one goal in a game, much less a full hat trick and absolutely never a game-winning, come from behind hat trick, so the first thing to do would be a simple check to make sure the player wearing the #74 Jaaskelainen jersey was actually him as opposed to somebody infinitely more offensively talented. If that test passes, medics will be on hand to take his blood and run it through a series of tests to check for traces of performance enhancing drugs, like the soul of much better scorers. If that still shows up nothing, the next protocol is to look outside and see whether the sky is boiling and the hand of Dread Cthulhu is not piercing the veil between worlds, because the end of days is the only explanation for why Simo "what is a shot on target" Jaaskelainen has a goddamn hat trick.

After that, idk, I guess celebrate.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]