Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

If there was ever a situation that calls for the Patrick Kane special, the “Heartbreaker,” celebration for Dominik, it would be completing a hat trick in overtime to beat Los Angeles (preferably at LA and preferably in the playoffs and even more preferably in Game 7). I mean, how else do you celebrate absolutely causing a negative formative memory for thousands of Greater Los Angeles area children as their team loses at home in overtime to their biggest rival. It does seem kinda fitting in a way that Dominik would be the kind of player to make that play in the playoffs after his Razov award winning playoff run for the Pride last season, leading the league in goals, assists, and rounding it off with 3 game winners in the finals against Baltimore. This would 100% create a generation of Panther fans that are as scarred as Toronto fans in real life are after that Boston series and Game 7 loss that saw them blow a lead very very late.

WC: 170

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Written Option 1

Since Petr is an agent of the state, and the nation's intelligence agency, it only makes sense for Petr to endorse the renaming of a local school to make it all the easier to indoctrinate the next generation into the grand scheme of things: putting Czechia first... on the podium especially! Just as Petr was created for the sole purpose of leading Czechia to gold, so too can we start the same process by investing into the youth at a much lower cost than Petr. Sure, they won't be super soldiers quite like Petr, that is unless we start something like the Spartan program and make things even more morally abhorrent, but a broader effort is bound to reap broader rewards. Petr will gladly lend all of his own time that he can in the pursuit of greatness to help ensure the success of the school and the students it produces.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Written Option 1

Being the grandson of a SHL player who wasn't a "great", but achieved some level of success nonetheless, Emil is used to playing second fiddle to a more notable family member. As such, he is honoured to accept his nomination to have a building in his hometown named after him. Being a passionate grower of various fruits and vegetables, Emil recently found out that he was going to have the local allotment gardens in Ornskoldsvik named after him and was over the moon. He immediately cleared his schedule to ensure that he would be there (not too tall of an order given Montreal's standing in the playoff race) and eagerly awaits being able to help spread his passion with the people of his hometown. Emil intends to return at least once a year to run a session with local children where he can take them for a skate at the local rink before sharing some useful hints and tips for when it comes to growing vegetables, hopefully imparting some of his passion to them and beginning their own lifelong love affair with the process.

Code:
184 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Option 1

It was always something important for him and his family that Anthony should have good grades in case the hockey career doesn't work and even if it does, he will be able to do something when he will retire.
So with the money he got with his contracts and endorsements, he help the state of Texas and the Province of Quebec to build or restore school and also pay for some poor kids to attend university. That way kids can have at least access to a school and for the ones that can't afford to continue if universities don't offer scholardship they will be able to continue to learn.

So Anthony will be happy to attend at the opening of a High School in Dallas, close to the area of the rink in his name. 
All his teammates and team management will be there to congratulate him, with the presence of the mayor, the city council and the press to make everything official.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Option 1:

Sir Devoir was contacted by some officials in Tokyo Japan telling him that they and the mayor will be naming something in his honor. Thinking for a while, Devoir finally decided that the best thing he would want named after him would be a practice hockey gym and training area. He wants it to be able to teach the next generation of Japanese hockey players how best to play the game and represent the nation on the ice well, as well as have a place they can practice the things that they have learned. He wanted it to have a big exercise area and cardio training area, as well as a couple of hockey rinks for game practice.

He would also want a nice cafeteria area so that the players get something to eat after every practice, and even a hang out area with a few games that they can relax in. Basically he wanted the Sir Devoir Ice Arena to be a nice place to have the next generation grow.

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

PBE Affiliate Task:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=740456

Written Option 1: Alexa's hometown is San Diego, which recently got a team of its own. That does render this a rather strange and silly occurrence, but since San Diego's team doesn't have any native San Diegans on it, it makes sense they'd choose to honor a real native. Of course, the one true thing with which to honor her is the name of the stadium. So, San Diego Tidal, welcome to playing in the Alexa Johansen Arena, home of all things San Diego hockey! Expect roaring crowds on home games versus the Scarecrows, though, when the stadium's very own namesake comes home to grace the arena with her presence. Some might suggest this is a cynical ploy by the mayor and city council to try and get the team to bring home their native player, but clearly it's actually just a brilliant marketing move... and her picture on the food stand with a burrito is proof!

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: yRQ5DtN.png][Image: ZSWcyJU.png]

Pilsen is a great and historic city in Czechia with a rich hockey history. If Marek were bestowed the honor of having something in the city adorned with his name, and it were not hockey related, he would probably choose a bridge. There’s a specific bridge just outside of the city center on the river where Marek used to go with friends to fish and skip rocks and is a place with overall good vibes and a lot of memories. There’s the beautiful city view, the gentle hum of passing traffic and of course the water. That would be a great bridge to be named the Carda just because it has such sentimental value. It would be very nice to know that future generations could meet up at the Carda bridge and enjoy it the same way he did, and would be fine to drive over it as an adult and see the plaque with his own name emblazoned on the trusses. Of all the pieces of infrastructure or public places, that particular bridge is the best choice because it has meaning.

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

In his native Latvia, the capital city of Riga is so proud of their local hero, Rence Sykut, that that have decided to honor him with a brewery and brand of beer with his name and likeness. Sykutski is a crisp, clean European lager with notes of rye and a smooth crisp finish, much like its namesake. The brewery has been installed in the Old Town district of Riga in an old warehouse that had been unused by the Soviets, but since had remained abandoned for over 30 years. Not only is this a great honor and marketing opportunity, but also a way to rid the city of the stench of its once Soviet occupation. The brewery features a beautiful beer garden equipped with a menagerie of televisions showing hockey games from all over the world as well as a selection of bubble hockey and air hockey tables. Rence cannot hold back his emotion upon seeing the plans and being bestowed the honor to have his name on the project. 

170 words

Well, the thing is, no one really knows where Gina Pinard is from, as she has been moving all throughout her early life from one foster family to the other, never truly finding a home. Suddenly, now that she is famous, everyone wants to claim her as their own and offers to name things after her. Paspébiac wants to name a park, Chandler a school, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts a hospital, Gaspé a community center, Percé the whole municipal offices. All of La Gaspésie wants to claim the young woman as part of their town, and yet she has never truly felt like she belongs anywhere as much as she finally feels now that she's in San Diego. So until San Diego recognizes her, she will politely decline all offers of having buildings named after her and keep doing her thing while ignoring her former life, no matter how hard it screams to drag her back and remind her of the bad times she had growing up.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Naming something after me is indeed a bold strategy considering the circumstances under which I left Pablo Escobar's compound.  The man may be dead and buried for over 30 years, but his shadow looms large over local politics and the remnants of the Medellin cartel don't particularly enjoy other local heroes being honored.  With all of that background context in mind the mayor really only gave me a few options for a local landmark: a lead pipe drinking fountain, a single shelf in the Pablo Escobar Public Library, or a weed of my choice at city hall that they will not spray for the remainder of his term.  As a hippo that enjoys thinking about the roman empire I've gotta admit that the fountain doesn't hold much appeal after what it did to the ruling class and doing anything near a Pablo Escobar structure also terrifies me so I'm pretty heavily leaning towards finding a nice looking dandelion at city hall to be named after me until the next inauguration at the end of the month.

Option 1
Now most of Jay's life is hockey so he's a little bummed out that he can't get anything hockey related named after him but he's still very honored. Jay plans on moving back when he retires so he definitely wants to pick something good that he'll see all the time. Jay loves animals, he grew up with a bunch of them, these days has a few cats, and loves going to places where he'll see a bunch of dogs. That being said, Jay would love to have the local dog park named after him and he would even help pay for improvements. He would want nothing more than a bunch of happy dogs running around in the place that is honoring him. Even though he doesn't have dogs, Jay should be allowed to visit the dog park so he can be a good dog uncle to all the local puppies, I mean what else is he going to do after retiring.

[Image: rFu52UT.jpeg]

Code:
Graphic Option 1: Create an image showing your player opening something named after them.

[Image: t2YMEHl.png]

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Option 2:

My brain is spinning! Did that actually happen? I've never felt that before. I just went nuts out there and had the greatest game of my life. I can barely remember what happened on the ice, it's like I blacked out. To score a natural hat trick to come back from down 4-2 to winning 5-4 in overtime, what a ride! Man, when the OT goal went in, I just lost it and started leaping all over the ice in celebration. You dream about moments like this and I can't believe it actually happened.

I had to collect myself because I knew the media was going to come in. I was getting swarmed, and honestly, rightfully so. That was a magical game and they had to talk to me about it. I stayed humble in my answers, but on the inside, I was beaming about my performance. I went ham and I know I accomplished something incredible. Gotta stay humble, though, and I managed to for my interviews. I'll think about this game forever, what a night!

(177 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Written Option 2:
Obviously there's a gigantic celly on the ice. Absolutely ripping and screaming up the ice, flailing around in all likelihood. Ideally a Yakupov type of controlled slide, but more likely a falling all over the place, embarrassing one. Probably get up and slam on the glass. God willing, if there are any opponents in my path I get up and scream in their face asking them how they enjoyed that goal, probably. Waving to the fans as I head down the tunnel, returning when I'm named first star to do a lap and wave the crowd on some more. Then in the locker room I defend my poor sportsmanship and overdone showboating to the reporters and badmouth some other players from the other team, ideally important ones that play major leadership roles and are beloved by their fans and teammates. I probably bring it up on a few podcasts during the offseason too, while making sure to badmouth the rival city's infrastructure and food.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]