Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

this one is a tough one since philippe eko eel is an eel from underwater and they don't necessarily have a mayor per se. they do have a eel leader so we'll substitute that in for mayor here. but the more significant challenge is that they don't really have too many socially-oriented facilities such as disc golf course or restaurants and stuff like that. what they have decided to do here is make a plaque designating philippe eko eel's childhood home (childhood rock tbh) as a historically important place kind of like how places in the US are designated with a plaque like hey this is where the fluffernutter sandwich was first invented (this one is pretty close to where i live actually). so there's a big plaque made of shiny bronze attached to philippe eko eel's home rock. a further challenge here is that eels don't know language (philippe eko eel a notable exception) and certainly wouldn't have a writing system to represent any inter-eel communication they may be capable of so the plaque doesn't actually have any words but it is a big bronze plaque commemorating eel's rocky start in this beautiful rock abode!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Fitting that Option 1 is an option here because I'm actually cooking with the idea of a LSM Hockey School for a media. So I have to go irrelevant to hockey itself...Louise would probably put her name on a local queer sports bar type of venue, as a ways to give back to the LGBT community in her hometown. It's the kind of place that I personally would fucking kill to have in real life (I'm fairly sure they exist just...nowhere near me), just a place I can hang with people that probably Get Me and watch sports together. It's the type of place that would have a much bigger meaning than just wasting her name on like, idk, some random obelisk in a part of town no one sees. She would make sure the bar is in a pretty prominent location close to downtown, because fuck suburbia Smile

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

ISFL Affliliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Well I think it would be most fitting if the local sheep farm or maybe knitting shop would be named after me, Wendolene Ramsbottom but I guess that is not very realistic as neither of those things typically get named like that. But you know what might work? A park. I love parks, both the character and the real me. I think being able to walk through a park and know it was named after you would be freaking awesome. What a feeling that might be. I hope to one day feel that. Maybe it can be a park next to or near the arena where we play the ice hockey games. I guess given my players affinity for shot blocks, a wall of some kind would also be fitting. But maybe that doesn't send the best messages in terms of what I stand for as a person. So let's stick with park.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Being from Tromsø, Inge Baardsen certainly has some competition when it comes to naming cultural centres and the like. Famous electro pioneers Röyksopp hail from Tromsø, so their name tends to get used. Also other more famous SHL players, of which Inge will be one next year!

So, what else is Tromsø known for, if not the hockey skills of the Regina Elk’s tiny enforcer?

Fishing. Tromsø is one of the largest fishing ports in Norway and the largest above the arctic circle, the warm waters of the Gulf Stream allowing an ice-free port all winter. One of the jewels in the crown of the fishing industry in Tromsø is the Tromsø Salmon Research Station, which provides insights into breeding and care for Atlantic salmon in order to make farming of the fish more sustainable and safer for the fish. I present to you the Inge Baardsen Salmon Research Station! It’s not the sexiest thing to have names after you, but it certainly contributes to the local economy!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Often, the magnitude of a player's named object(s) is based on their contributions and achievements in the sport. Unfortunately for Violet, there isn't much she has accomplished in her professional career - she's only an SMJHL player through this season, anyhow. But a small object doesn't have to mean only a small amount to a community. Instead of a singular tiny object, Violet decided to use a portion of her salary to help make Little Libraries in her hometown - areas where people can both take/borrow and contribute gently used or new books to share with their community. Too many have books on their shelves that sit exactly there for months -- some of which are never read again; this gives a chance for the community effectively to have a free exchange of books and improve literacy. Who knows -- maybe it inspires the next great writer or scientist, or at least continues sparking the flame that eventually motivates them to get there! It's a small thing (or things, I guess) that can make a significant difference for anyone who goes outside and sees it, plus it makes people feel good about donating to a good cause without the big to-do about donations, and can reach children in all socioeconomic regions.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

In Dirty Boots's home town they have started building a new recreational center and they are nearing completion of it! The facility will have a pool, gymnasium, multi purpose rooms as well as events and plans for children and others to be active as well as have opportunities to learn from educators and support diversion, equity and inclusion. The city has reached out to Boots to see how much he'd like to be involved in this center. Boots responded back to them that he would do his best to help support the facility and take part in events when possible to help grow positive learning and physical activity in his home town. With that response the city asked if he would be interested with this facility being called "The Boots Center". With that, Boots of course expressed his excitement for the idea! A new building in his community that would showcase all the things that he stands for and have the opportunity to participate as much as possible.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Option 1
Jacob would return to Marseille as the people are excited over his performance. He speaks with the mayor on a name dedication to him. He decides it should be park district that centers around the kids to get involve with sports. He wants to promote hockey and provide something for disadvantage kids who can enter these sports without prejudice and money issues. Jacob name the park after his brother to honor him. Centre de Andre Maccabees is what it will known as. He will be involve with the plans and construction.of the center. The center will contain the following sports: basketball, ice hockey, curling, martial arts, and tennis for kids to partake in. Jacob is willing to team up with other athletes to make this happen so there are more racial minorities and French representatives in the sport. The center will have parties and other fun activités for kids along with programs that will help them get further ahead in life as well.

Written Option 1:

Jeyeff Effo is honored to be recognized and honoured by his hometown and fellow Icelandians. In fact, he is glad that he received this admiration and honor before that stinky Olafur AtalASSon. Everyone who is from Svalbarðsstrandarhreppur, Iceland knows each other, with a population of about 500 people it's hard to imagine that everything hockey related has already been named after another hockey player from such a small town. And by all the hockey related buildings, we are talking about 1 small arena, and the zamboni, that's it. With Effo's new found success at the SMJHL level and making more money than Svalbarðsstrandarhreppur has ever seen, Effo has decided to fund and build a brand new learning center for the town, most importantly for the children. The center will be called:

The Jeyeff Effo Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too

TJECFKWCRGAWWLTDOSGT for short, which everyone knows is totally pronouncable in Icelandic.

170 words

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Graphic Option 1: Create an image showing your player opening something named after them.

[Image: cByviZH.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Every player loves scoring a hat trick, lets not kid ourselves. And to do it in such a fashion to not only erase a defecit but also take the lead and eventually win the game makes for a very special night for anyone, even the greatest goal scorers in the league. That said Cormier is definitely the kind of guy to keep the bigger picture in mind, and given that it's the last game of the regular season the only thing on his mind is the playoffs. Regular season success is nice, don't get me wrong, but it means nothing if it's followed up by a first round exit. Although he'd celebrate modestly on the ice, there wouldnt be any showboating and certainly no bragging in post game interviews. The focus of his answers would still be on the playoffs, and that although it was nice to end the season on a good note from both the team's standpoint and the players personal standpoint, the focus remains on being ready for playoffs and making a deep push to try and secure another cup.

What does the town of Copenhagen, Denmark like for hometown hockey hero Ubba Lodbrok? Well since he finished his 4 season stint in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League for the Anchorage Armada, and then has since gotten called up and currently playing in his sophomore season for the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey League, the town has been blown away since there's only been a few Danish players in teh National Hockey League, but similarly only a few in the Simulation Hockey League. What to name after Ubba Lodbrok though? That's a tough call. Ubba Lodbrok doesn't really have too much of an ego coming into this situation here, to be real, he finds it odd that the mayor CPH is even doing this. He's no Ehler or Christensen or Bjorkstand. Hell, he's not even really from Copenhagen, but the forests outside the town. However, they're relentless and he NEEDS to find something to slap his name on. So he throws down 5 options on a mat, throws some chicken feed on top and lets the chickens decide. When he lets them into the area with the options, they'll all rush to one and that's the one that he'll do. Well, the chickens go to the sewage plant. So there you have it, the Ubba Lodbrok Memorial Sewage Plant.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Written Option 1

The Grand Moff of Hoth sent AT-AT a message about them wanting to honor the battle site of where many of his comrades fell while putting down a rebel insurgents base. Despite winning that battle, many of the Wollkers were defeated and destroyed due to trickery and jedi shenanigans, allowing the rebel commanders to flee and escape. The leaders of the Empire considered it a great victory despite the losses sustained, and therefore wanted to honor those fallen comrades. In place of the razed base, the Empire built over it and started a factory, creating many jobs for the lucky citizens who would be allowed to work 23 hours a day. So the new factory is called the AT-AT Wollker Memorial Production Center. AT-AT was proud to be present at the ribbon-cutting ceremony, although instead of using scissors he used a blaster. The workers of the factory, the Empire, and AT-AT himself all look forward to the 3rd Death Star which the AT-AT Center will contribute towards!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Roquefort Cotswald scoring THREE back to back goals against a rival team sure would be a sight to behold. The mouse does not often find the goal, I am not sure if he has scored a single time yet this entire season. Nonetheless, after his incredible showing and game winning goals, Roquefort is sure to show off to the media. In a post game presser he would brag mercilessly about his accomplishments, flexing his scoring prowess vocally and repetitively. His large head would only grow larger, his snout longer, and his teeth more protruding. The rat would pull out a fine block of cheese on the ice and consume it in front of opposing fans faces, watching with glee as they look on in despair. He would surely sign many a media deal to capitalzie off his newfound fame and glory, perhaps being in commercials for insurance or other athletically sponsored industries. 

Code:
158 words

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!