Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written option 1

I’ve long held onto the idea that many players that are fan favorites will never have the stats to get their jersey retired. Some franchises, the history is just too untouchable. So if my player was being honored, honestly name a sandwich after me. It would guarantee many more fans remember you fondly, than just getting your jersey up there with players that were 20 times better than you. I’d want it to be something a little funky. Like an Italian sub, with pepperoni, hot peppers, all the normal trappings, but do something odd with the bread too. Salt it, cheese it, fry it, get really weird with it. One thing I cannot allow to touch “The Dunkler” though is sundried tomatoes. Yuck. Like eating a dried up band aid or something. So here is the pitch:

Coming soon to the Tampa Bay Coliseum concessions booths, The Dunkler! You thought you knew the 3rd pairing defenseman, but now try his sandwich!

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Wow, an opportunity to have something named after Jarrod Lakemore? What a treat! With everything hockey related out of the question, Lakemore isn't the biggest fan of many of his remaining options. He could choose a library, but he doesn't feel that it makes sense for someone who never graduated college to have a library named after them. Hospitals also seem out of place as his physical style of play has occasionally caused opponents to require visits there. An army base also doesn't sit well with him, as he was born in England and doesn't exactly support the American military-industrial complex. So instead, he will settle for a highway. The Scajaquada Expressway to be exact, to be renamed the Jarrod Lakemore Expressway, something he can fully get behind as he spent most of his career in Buffalo horribly mispronouncing the name of the highway. It is also a useful road that stretches the length of the city, assisting citizens in getting from one part of the city to another. And certainly Lakemore would know a thing or two about giving an assist. (187 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

What would I name after myself in our beautiful hometown city? Well that’s a tough one because I currently don’t see myself good enough to have anything named after me yet. But seeings I have too for tpe purposes I’m going to Name our team after me. Don’t get me wrong I like our team and the name and stuff but doesn’t Minnesota Turtle Bobs sound even better? I think it’s the perfect team name and we would have an awesome turtle as the mascot and our team logo could be a snapping turtle or something like that I dunno. I feel as if our team owner would love this change. Our opening ceremony would be amazing we would get all the old legends to show up even the teams creator from the chiefs days would show up and congratulate me and the team for such an amazing new team name

[Image: cuffana.png]

Quote:Written Option 1: Mayor of your players hometown reaches out to them and lets them know that the whole city council is impressed with your players performance. They want to name something after your player and hope they will attend the ceremony. But unfortunately everything hockey related is already named by the last great player from the city and they don’t dare to change it, so instead they let your player make the pick. So will it be a school, mall or maybe disc golf range? What will be your player’s pick and why? If it is a new place being built what does your player want to be included on it? Will they attend the ceremony, how does it go?

The mayor of Seongnam contacts Jae-ik and tells him that they would love to make him a building to honor his high-level play in the SHL. Jae-ik responds that he wants them to make a museum dedicated to him, with things from his past occupying places of prestige in the building’s viewing area. The museum will have a marble exterior, pillared like all the best landmarks in Washington DC in that Greek/roman way. There will be several staircases both within the building and on the exterior leading into the museum. There will even be an MC Escher staircase inside that will blow the minds of people attending the exhibits.
Jae-ik’s first hockey gear from his peewee days will be displayed, as will things from his childhood that mean enough to him to be sentimental but not so much that he dares not risk parting with them. Choirs of angelic gospel singers will chant ancient lamentation music at the people entering, and the lights will all be subdued.
Jae-ik will attend the ceremony in a full suit of ornamental silvered plate armor, carrying a sword that has a hilt shaped like a hockey blade.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

PBE Affilate- https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=741529

[Image: dc24.png]

Option 2

Interviewer: Last game at home down two in the fourth quarter-

Interviewer's Friend: Third period not fourth quarter.

Interviewer: Right! Okay down two in the third period and you hit a goal to cut the lead in half. Your teammate gets the puck right back and passes to you then you proceed to score again to tie it up and send it to overtime. Come overtime and the puck is at the end of your stick again and you hit the game winner securing a hat trick. You are so happy with that performance that your spirit starts to leave your body only to be lassoed back in by your agent and forced to keep carrying on.

Dave Heinrich: That all sounds accurate to me.

Interviewer: So my question for you is how did it feel doing all that in front of the fans at home?

Dave Heinrich: Well I think the fact that there is televised evidence that it almost sent me to heaven should be enough, but I was happy beyond words. That is the kind of performance you dream about as a kid, and to get to do it in Chicago where everyone has been so supportive of my journey and my struggles I love the fans and am thrilled to have been able to play that well for them.

Interviewer: Speaking of the fans I believe the record shows they formed what the news agency called a 'human wave' that let you crowdsurf all the way home after the game. Not sure if we have rights to any recordings of that to share here, but care to elaborate?

Dave Heinrich: I don't know man. The fans are fantastic and I didn't have to take a single step until we got to the doorway of my apartment. Did get to give a lot of high fives and hugs on the way though!

Interviewer: Well that sounds like a good ending to a great night of hockey to me! Thanks for joining us, but before we go is there anything else you'd like to say as you sign us off?

Dave Heinrich: Well thank you for having me and thank you Chicago for being a home to me. Until next time!

Code:
Word Count: 373

Written Option #1:

Everything was in place. Matviy Cajabi, in co-ordination with his hometown city of Kramatorsk, had the workings in place to build a state of the art ice facility. With an agreement in place that would see the city and Cajabi share the costs, the arena was to be named the Matviy Cajabi Center or MCC. 
it would have given youth hockey in the area more rinks and training options in hopes of growing the game more and developing more talent from the Ukraine. With a population of 38 million, it's surprising we don't see the Ukraine appear more often in international ice hockey tournaments. Especially when countries like Slovakia (5.432 million) and Czechia (10.67 million) among others have been mainstays and seen success over the years. 

HOWEVER, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. The zoning committee ultimately decided that with the Ice Arena Kramatorsk only being built 4 years ago, another hockey arena/facility would take away from the attendance and popularity of the existing complex. 

So, an audible was called and the decision was made to instead construct a kick-ass roller-skate arena. It would also contain an arcade, bowling alley, lasertag, pool hall, mini-golf and all other sorts of activities that were much more popular 30-40 years ago. It would essentially be a Dave & Buster's on crack. It will officially be called "Matviya Chadzhabi's Супер веселі часи" or "Matviy Cajabi's Super Happy Fun Times". With construction to commence near the end of the present hockey season, it should be ready to be opened around the time Cajabi begins his professional career with the Edmonton Blizzard. 

(Note: with the original intention to be to help grow and develop the sport of hockey in the Ukraine, Cajabi has also pledged to donate a percentage of his career earnings as well as from the proceeds of the entertainment complex to aide youth hockey and provide those who may not normally be able to afford it with financial assistance. He will also be part of a newly formed group to help spearhead a campaign to grow grassroots hockey programs around the country)

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Written Option 1:

The mayor of Hella, Iceland, has contacted Elvar Gil-Galad with the news that they are naming an out door rink after him in the downtown park. It is hoped that the success of Elvar Gil-Galad having made it to North America will inspire Icelandic youth to strive for better. And anything is better than a dinky little outdoor rink with a flickering floodlight to play in the darkest days of winter. With raggety ice flooded by a drunk norseman with a lazy left eye, the kids will soon realize they can do so much better than this.

With a lot of hard work and training, the kids of Elvar's hometown truly know they can succeed. Their hometown hero has shown them what a world he lives in now. Playing for the Grizzlies. Drafted by the Syndicate. Elvar is quite honoured by the tribute and hopes that when he makes the SHL... his town splurges on an indoor rink. It's freaking cold in Iceland.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Option 1:

Well, Grums then. Niclas Sundqvist's home town of Grums. Many people, in fact, most people have absolutely no clue as to what Grums is. With 5000 people, it's not much more than a blip on the large map that the SHL exists within and as such, the facilities there are not much to brag about. The most famous thing about this town is that it smells bad thanks to the paper mill in it. If every hockey facility is taken, not much interesting remains to be given a name. Sure, the paper mill makes sense but it is privately owned and as such is not a good idea. Sundqvist himself is also not much of a bragger so he does not want to propose something big or a large change. Perhaps a street or a popular gathering spot could be enough to not put him too much in the spotlight. And well, if the paper mill truly wants, they are allowed to change their name.

[165 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

In the final game of the season, Justin Time came barreling down the ice, the puck on his stick. He deked past the first defender, turned on speed and worked around the second, then buried his shot past the glove of the baffled goaltender. The lamp lit up on the other side of the glass, the crowd went wild, and the team completed the comeback in historic fashion. He'd done what no other goalie had ever done in the SHL and scored not just one goal, but three! Truly this was a miracle of unprecedented style that would change the league forever. This game would be enshrined in league history, his legacy would be cemented, he'd...

The alarm sounded, waking the San Francisco goaltender from his dream. Excitement faded to disappointment, and he hit the snooze button one more time. Goalies scoring goals? He should have known better. Maybe someday, but sadly not today.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Well I think it is quite obvious that it should be cheese related. The problem with that really is that it may just seem like I own the cheese shop or manufaior whatever vs having something awesome named after me. And I assume they are going to be able to change the name of privately owned places for this? Because if we have to go with some county or state maintained property I am really screwed. Thinking through it more I guess it will have to be somethythat they own which really limits my options to something like a road, park, or a government building.

So with that being said I guess we are going to have to settle for the name on a building. I hope it is an awesome building.

Actually no, I want it to be a park. This way it is sure to be awesome. Unless it's like a little patch if grass they call a park but really isn't.

I guess I'll just go with a road...

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Graphic Option 2

[Image: H84Lq9J.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

When the Premier of the Yukon let Hugo Spycher know he was having a lightly used, trans-provincial highway named in his honour, the young swiss star was amused but seemed slightly confused by such an American concept as naming a road after a current major junior hockey player. To Hugo, he just hopes the road can represent something to young hockey players across the province... the unyielding march that is the pursuit of excellence? In terms of visuals, the road isn't anything too out of the ordinary, a combination of ashphalt and what else have you cutting through a derilict part of an already rather empty province. The provincial traffic coordinator estimates the road will see usage by as many as five cars a day, really making clear just how impactful the team and the province see this young player as being. Maybe next year Hugo will pass 60 points and the team will building his road a bridge.

[Image: U66t7Jy.png]