Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Ekaterina was very famous before coming to America. She was called Mother Russia by a lot of fans who were impressed by her performances at the Olympics when she was a weight-lifting champion. She was even famous after the international federation banished her. Ekaterina does not see her home nation the same way now, and she is surprised she is seen as a local hero now that she left and came to the West. On the national scene, she is a pariah. In her hometown, she might have some fans? Her family? An uncle well known in the party with enough power to make such decisions?

She chose a local gym, where she spent a lot of time as a kid. It will be weird to come back, but she plans to be there for the ceremony. Hopefully, with the Cup. She is thinking to ban all performance drugs from the facility, as it led to her demise. She is thinking about it.

WC: 164

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Nathangus McExplosion, from his hometown of ( INSERT CZECH OBSCURE VILLAGE NAME LATER) is getting a lot of attention and the mayor of the city wants to honor the young player for winning a four star cup with the colorado raptors. They asked nathangus what he would like but he has no idea!!! So they started by asking him what he liked about his hometown village. He said he liked the grass, he liked the roads, he liked the architecture. But that's all boring. He said he like explosions! but thats also inconvenient. He said he liked coffee. Suddenly, the mayor has an eureka moment. They would commemorate the 4 star championship by renaming the local café. Only one name could fittingly honor the young career of Nathangus so far, and that's to rebrand the café as the "I'm gonna win the cup Cup of coffee" (shoutout @canadice). It was brilliant, everyone in the village would get addicted to coffee and it would become the official drink of the village. Tourists would flock to try the newest cup of coffee inspired by one of their favorite player. They would something say it feels like an empty cup or an empty promise of the perfect coffee but sometimes it would hit perfectly and be the greatest experience on earth.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Written Option 1: Mayor of your players hometown reaches out to them and lets them know that the whole city council is impressed with your players performance. They want to name something after your player and hope they will attend the ceremony. But unfortunately everything hockey related is already named by the last great player from the city and they don’t dare to change it, so instead they let your player make the pick. So will it be a school, mall or maybe disc golf range? What will be your player’s pick and why? If it is a new place being built what does your player want to be included on it? Will they attend the ceremony, how does it go?

Finally after all this time, the mayor ones again comes over to the Buffalo Stampede. Last time he did this was last season, and the season before. During all of these last season every single time it was something related to ice hockey. Because of this running dry they already went to ball hockey, and even as far as field hockey. Now the new season came across, and something needed to be chosen to be renamed after the Buffalo Stampede. And the decision came to Furious Chicken. The first idea was taking something else with a stick, but the enormous amount of giving out names to sports teams had messed that idea up, all Lacrosse, Baseball, Cricket, and even Golf were already taken. This went so far that even the Miniature golf was already named after some random mini-golf player’s father. It took a long look around, as all major building were also already taken. Eventually Chicken found it, a small children’s zoo, it had a chicken or 2 so it was the perfect location to rename after the Buffalo Stampede if you asked Chicken at least, and that is how we got the Buffalo Stampede petting zoo.

198 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

written option 1

As this prompt implies that Rick DiPietro is the primary figure who has hockey-sphere naming on lock in Celeste's hometown of Lewiston, they have to take a little bit more of an unorthodox approach to what they want named after them.
So their pick is the children's section at the library, rebuilt to have not only the typical shelves on shelves of books but an interactive component for those children who prefer to hide away with their books or who struggle to sit still. The newly rebuilt children's section houses hidden reading spaces behind bookshelves, indoor playground style climbing towers- the ones with the nets and platforms- and even a small, separate room housing about six computers with access to everything a child could need for working on a project as well as a MInecraft server that Celeste pays the costs for in hopes that kids will utilize it to learn better teamwork. There's a wall of board games and sports equipment, with everything from rentable softball bats and hockey skates to disposables and consumables like chalk for gymnastics and rock climbing or pre-wrap for soccer and volleyball.

And on opening, they'll be right there to help inaugurate this very cool new space and hang out a bit with the kids that are benefiting from it! And who knows how often they'll turn up in the future? It's a pretty straight shot from New York to Lewiston.

[237 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

I think if my player managed to score a hat trick, she would struggle to celebrate because of the pure shock she'd experience. A hat trick against a rival team that brings them victory in the last minutes of the game? Totally unrealistic so I'll assume she was sleeping soundly when that happened. So if we're talking about what she'd do to celebrate in her dreams, she'd just rub it in the face of the opposing team and their fans as much as possible. Jump on the window right in front of the other team's fans, especially if there are children present and look them dead in the eye. Then, do all the available EA NHL celebrations in front of the other team's bench. Especially the overly extra ones, like guitar playing or kayaking. She'd never dare do that in real life so might as well when no one can see.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Rip thunderdome 2013-2023 was extremely honored to receive a call from his hometown mayor about naming a location after him. The fact that shl god himself would call from forum heaven to contact rip td was so surprising to him. Since rip thunderdome is from forum heaven, a realm completely unlike the human world, there arent businesses or stadiums or anything of the like to be named after rip thunderdome. So because of this, sim god had to get a bit creative. In order to honor rip thunderdome’s play on the ice, sim god created a beautiful garden to be named after rip thunderdome. The garden has statues referencing all of the most legendary thunderdomes, for example, explain. This garden is open to all residents of sim heaven and anyone can go there to enjoy the foliage and reflect on the amazing times we have had in the thunderdome on the shl

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

2: After what has been a pretty tough season in which a lot of my shots simply could not find the open net, having a big game against a rival and putting things away with a hat trick in front of the home crowd would mean a lot for Jefferson. The fans stuck with him through some major growing pains and to be able to give something back would go a long way not only for his morale but probably the morale of the fans who watched him break into the league and struggle to find his natural position. Celebration-wise I think it'd be about the same as you'd expect from any player who came up big in overtime, but to have the chance to address the fans afterwards and tell them what the constant support and admiration has done for him would be a cathartic moment for sure -- it's hard to have a rough season but seeing the fans cheering him on gave Jeff a lot of drive to keep going, and he'd be sure to let them know that, and that they'll have even more to cheer for next season as he looks to build off of that.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option 1 -

Before he got drafted, Kevin was very famous in his home city Edmonton, which is impressive because of the dozens of talent in the Blizzard territory. Although a normal Edmontonian is not too attached to Kevin anymore because he represents Minnesota, he is still quite respected. With the season coming to an end, Kevin hit a big milestone of 70 points breaking all of his other years in both goals and assists. The city wanted to celebrate this by naming a newly built rink "Kim's arena". This was even more exciting because it was the number one most anticipated building in Edmonton combing a ice arena and a WEM like shopping area, this was big news for Kevin's popularity in Edmonton. Making himself well known after the draft made it special especially because it was his hometown. This was an extraordinary gift for his milestone and he would never forget this moment in his life.

159 words

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Written Option 1:

When I was told that I was getting something named after me back home I was very excited, it is a true honor and I can't wait to attend the ceremony. While it's a little weird that it won't be anything hockey related it, it is still really cool to have something named after me that I am passionate about. The building that's being named after me is a music hall, somewhere people can not only play music in front of crowds but also take lessons and expand their abilities. I love music and playing the guitar is one of my off-ice hobbies so being able to advance the love and appreciation for music in my hometown is such an honor for me. I've been told there are going to have everything from concerts to music classes for all ages there. It's things like this that make me so grateful to be a pro hockey player.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Written Option 1:

When I was told that I was getting something named after me back home I was very excited, it is a true honor and I can't wait to attend the ceremony. While it's a little weird that it won't be anything hockey related it, it is still really cool to have something named after me that I am passionate about. The building that's being named after me is a music hall, somewhere people can not only play music in front of crowds but also take lessons and expand their abilities. I love music and playing the guitar is one of my off-ice hobbies so being able to advance the love and appreciation for music in my hometown is such an honor for me. I've been told there are going to have everything from concerts to music classes for all ages there. It's things like this that make me so grateful to be a pro hockey player.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Option 2

We're witnessing history folks. Never in my life I thought we would see this happening in our greatest sport. You're not dreaming, definitely not. Seattle goaltender Henri Losanov didn't just score 1, not 2 but 3 goals!!! Seattle was trailing 4-2 with one minute remaining when a flashbang was thrown on the ice. Henri who is wel known to wear sunglasses at all time was the only remaining player to track the puck. He scored 2 quick goals to send the game to overtime. We all thought by then everyone else would have time to recover. You won't believe it, a second grenade hit the ice leading Losanov to score the game winning goal. The SHL truly is a different league, nothing will ever stop a game. There will be a lot of redo though! Not a single fan or media member remained after the first nade. Henri is skating around the ice just like he won the Challenge cup.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Scoring three against a rival on home ice to complete the come from behind victory in overtime? That is super poetic, and something that would fill you with adrenaline. Edouard Lavoie is not a showy player, however. He would certainly celebrate with his teammates and complete the customary fist bumps down the line, but then he would make sure his team was organized and ready to get into the handshake line. Lavoie values sportsmanship and does his best to ensure his teammates do as well. He wants to beat everyone, but he wants there to be a strong competition about it. When the game is over, there is no reason to let the squabbles from the game affect how you treat other people after them. Once the handshakes are done, he'd salute the crowd by skating around the arena, stick raised high in the air. From there you return to the locker room and that is when the real party starts.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Agate is honoured to be recognized by her hometown as a hockey great. It isn’t saying that much on a global scale, considering she would be the 2nd player ever to make any semi-professional or professional hockey league from her hometown. They look kind of silly now, considering the first player only played a handful of games in a national competition, and didn’t even make a lackluster Latvian national team. Agate is a bonafide starlet, and has already overtaken all of their achievements in the matter of a couple of SMJHL seasons. As she prepares to enter the SHL, she must come up with something to represent her globally insignificant achievement. She settles on the train station, a place where she spent many late nights and early mornings waiting for the opportunity to train with another semi-pro team, the youth national program, to visit her family after long stretches away, and to escape the weight of insignificance that echoed from her day-to-day. It is a portal to a new world, and something she hoped would bring new life to other ambitious youths for years to come.