Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2: Maybe I'm not having my best game, but I'm still the captain of this sorry bunch, and no matter what happens to us, it should be me leading the way. When we're down by one goal, who can you trust to go out there and fight with everything they have to get us the points we need to fight on? Me, it's me! Not to mention I'm the team's leading point getter, and the first Saint Louis player to hit point per game status in a long while. I am the one who can make a difference, the one with the clutch gene, the one who LIVES and BREATHES victory in tight situations. And, finally, I'm the player the fans trust to get us a win, to do something, to put it all out on the ice. If nothing else, you have to give the fans what they want, in the end!

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: yRQ5DtN.png][Image: ZSWcyJU.png]

Option 1: Nor feels like he would run out of juice pretty early in the game if he is not able to eat a meal before the game, which means he feels like he needs to take on the sketchy guy to help his team win tonight game. However, Nor doesn’t plan on using for his usual meal, cause he is worried the sketchy man could put something in the meal that could cause him to puke or give him the shits. He is also worried that the man could add some forbidden substance in the meal, which could cause Nor to fail an anti-doping test if he is randomly selected. This is why Nor chooses to ask for plain spaghetti with no sauce, because he doesn’t think this is a meal that can be altered and it should provide him with enough energy to help him make it through the whole game. Since Nor is not superstitious, he doesn’t think it will affect him too much mentally.

166 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

I'd say something like:

Coach can you put me in? Coach can you put me in? Coach can you put me in? Coach can you put me in?

Over and over again until my coach got annoyed. See Johnny FourStar is not a very verbally persuasive guy. He let's his play on the ice do the talking. But what does he do when coach won't put him on the ice? This is such a conundrum! I could talk about how I'm one of the best offensive minds on the team. I could mention that maybe putting me on the ice more would help the team win more games! But if coach was going to do that they would have done it way long ago, right? What's wrong with me that I never get the opportunities that other people get? Am I damaged? Is there something wrong with me?

Now I'm depressed! This is why Johnny FourStar doesn't try to talk his way into or out of things. Thinking is dumb! Playing hockey is definitely the way to go.

Option 2:

Beck has played a lot of games for this team, more than anyone in fact. In nearly 1200 career regular season and playoff games, Beck has never once had a hunch that he could score a goal. As a defenseman, they usually happen in a fluke manner. And playing that long with so many other great players before him, that time has taught him to be humble and let the youngsters go score. But, nowadays, with the talent flowing away from its peak, Beck may just trust his gut once in a while. He would probably just straight up tell the coach to play him because he has a plan to score a goal. His seniority and leadership status should help persuade the cause. I would also assume his teammates would let him ride the wave of motivation because they trust their old grizzly vet. He has been in a lot of these situations and knows what to do in order to close out a game. Whether it happens or not, I think it would be the right call.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Rence Sykut is an Eastern European man with Eastern European tastes. He likes to consume four or five sausages before game time as well as a hefty servings of boiled potatoes and braised cabbage along with a nice tall glass of buttermilk. After being told that his usual meal is unavailable, Rence finds himself face to face with the new team chef looking for alternatives who offers him a mildly spiced stir fry dish. Still, this is too much for Rence's basic palate and the small amount of Thai chili pepper causes Rence to sweat profusely and claim that his insides are on fire. Rence is forced to miss the next six to eight weeks with a middle body injury as his supple European digestive system is unable to handle even a hint of spice. Upon his return to the team, Rence is thrilled to discover that the team has brought in a personal chef for him to make sure not even an ounce of spice interacts with his food to prevent this from happening in the future.

179 words

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2024, 10:22 AM by JohnFranklinKennedy.)

(Option 1)

Dude this is so perfect, my pregame ritual is beating up random shady strangers that try to offer me various deal-with-the-devil type arrangements. It's usually pretty tough to find people that fit the bill but here's this random guy here to volunteer as tribute. I still wanna take his deal though, cause if I just starting bonking him on the head now I feel like this is a wasted opportunity. I use him to summon a nice pregame meal of a Wendy's 4 for 4 (meal of champions), and I use his deal of assistance with my pregame ritual to create more clones of him that will spawn 45 minutes before game time. He's on board with the Wendy's thing (he can have one of my nuggets he seems cool) but he doesn't really like the part where I have to beat him up every day, but he's the one who offered the deal. After our Wendy's 4 for 4 we engage in a good old fashioned Mortal Kombat-type duel, ending in me throwing a Wendy's frosty at his head to ultimately defeat him. He is down for now, but he will be back next game day, for that is the deal.

Option 1:

Denebor Milasch being a goalie is very superstitious about his pre-game meals and pre-game rituals among other strange things that are meant to help him get wins in the crease. Without the ability to get his pre-game meal he would be forced to take the shady man up on his offer. Luckily for Denebor the shady man was literally just that. A man standing in a shaded part of the arena and once he got him to move a little he could see it was the usual team chef that was on site at the training facilities most days. This actually made for an easy fix to his pre-game meal issue since he usually ate at the team facility before games anyway. So the team chef made him his usual chicken Alfredo and Denebor then went to take part in his pre-game rituals like normal. Which consisted of taking a nap and then throwing a ball against a wall to try and warm up his reflexes. Really this was all business as usual in Toronto.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Option 1:

Marek has never been a very superstitious guy. He does like to keep a routine, but with all the travel associated with games in the SMJHL and the SHL he doesn’t get too tied to one thing or another in order to avoid the very dependence we’re discussing here. As a result, I don’t think Marek would take up the shady man on his offer. Marek would normally prefer a good early afternoon chicken parmesan followed by a healthy nap, but if he can’t do this, he’d try to find something to eat with a similar macro profile that doesn’t present and concerns in terms of digestion. If he can’t find someplace comfortable or sleep for whatever reason, he could resort to guided meditations or relax with some soft music to rest his mind and body before the big game. There are always alternatives to the norm, that don’t depend on witchdoctors. Marek says – routines over rituals!

157 words

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0015.jpg]

Option 1:

Paul Bondage loves a healthy salad bowl before game time. Kale, beans, tofu, various veggies, he loves how he can fill up without feeling like absolute dog shit after eating his fill. Unfortunately, his favorite salad place was blown up and everyone died! How will he get his salad now? Somehow even weirder, a weird sketchy dude is offering him a replacement that's even better and will make him play like a legend? It is very tempting as it's become his ritual for games, but thinking about the negative of this situation steers him away. He small talks the guy and he goes off on a weird tangent about how he's the ghost of Wayne Gretzky and has a love for salads or something. Paul Bondage has heard some crazy talk from the locals, but nothing ever like this. He instead decides to go home and have two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

WC: 156

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

This is actually a situation that Jennifer has found herself in often. When her team is losing and the game is on the line, she always wants to be on the ice to be the one to either tie the game or win the game. I think the most convincing thing Jennifer has is her goal scoring ability. With just one shift she is able to change the tide of a game, and she has shown that ability enough to her coaches that they trust her to be one of the skaters on the ice in the final minutes of the game. However, it becomes a bit more challenging of an argument when she is in a slump. Ultimately, she tells her coach to just trust her, as she knows what she is capable of and her coaches have seen what she can do. It doesn’t always worked, but its worked enough that she has a good amount of game winning and game tying goals in her career.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Atticus Hale is not at the top of his game anymore and he is far from the best player on the New Orleans Specters nowadays. However, he is in his 14th season with the Specters and that has afforded him the trust of the team’s management. On top of that, Hale is known to be a student of the game. He sees and understands things that the average player might not see in time or even at all. When the team needs someone to execute, he is the one they call on more often than not.

In a critical situation with the game on the line, if Atticus were to let his coaches know that he sees something that the team could potentially capitalize on, they would let him do his thing. He wouldn’t say anything if he didn’t already have an idea and/or plan of attack. There’s a reason he’s the New Orleans Specters all-time leader in game winning goals.

[162 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

Playing on an empty stomach? No Way. NoNo Jo always goes to get himself some chipotle before the big game. Double wrapped. Of course. Gotta fuel the body! When Chipotle was shut down following a complaint that the other team *swears* they did not lodge NoNo Jo was speechless! How will his body get fueled before the game!?! Then, a shady man appears. He is wearing a pink trench coat and a fuzzy orange bucket hat. Shady, yes. Inconspicuous? No. He offers a substitute for Moes… NoNo Jo is intrigued of course because burritos should be spelled BAEritos. But he stands firm and calls in a favor to a friend who lives a few towns away. “Can you bring me a NoNo Jo special order burrito?” “Anything for you my handsome friend” he gets as a reply. The other team's plans to foil the pre game ritual do not come to fruition and NoNo Jo has an awesome game on the tip top ice.

Words- 164

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

Code:
Written Option 1: You can’t play on an empty stomach, nor can you play without performing your pre-game ritual. So when everything goes wrong and your player can’t get their usual pregame meal or perform their pregame ritual, your player looks to find something, anything to salvage the situation. An interesting, yet perhaps shady looking man comes by and offers your player a meal that will up their game and also offers to assist in their pregame ritual. Does your player trust their hungry gut and take up this interesting man on their offer? What meal do they ask for? What is your player’s ritual and how does the man assist them? What do they do if they don’t take the man up on the offer?
Oddly enough that is exactly what Oskar's pregame ritual is, accept a meal from a shady looking man. Okay, maybe not exactly. Oskar is a simple man and his pregame ritual reflects that. He arrives to the game 3 hours and 5 minutes before game time in case he needs that extra 5 minutes for a pre-game poop. He has a series of supplements, sports drinks and power bars he likes to consume while getting a quick pregame pump in the gym. He's a sucker for anything with chocolate and caramel. Afterwards he likes to take a quick army shower and had a mid afternoon siesta. This is especially true for matinee games, but he'll still find time to rest his head for a bit before evening games. I'm not exactly sure what the shady man could help with here, but if my circumstance Oskar were to be out of all his sports drinks and power bars he'd definitely snag a few chocolate caramels from the guy.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride