Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2

"C'mon coach, you gotta trust me. Send me at em. I'm ready to go. I'm pumped up. About to crush. Just lemme att'em coach. Look at those other guys out there - them, they allright. but they ain't me. Send me attem coach I'm ready!" I may not be the biggest, I may not be the strongest - but I am the most eager. My coaches know I'm not messing around when I tell them to put me in. They know who's the big dog on the bench. I warm that thing with such intensity that the next to sit in my seat get's their ass burnt. I'm the 6th man of the year. The Derrick White of the SHL. I am also super humble, relaxed, chill, and stable. My coaches trust that I will make the right decision when the game is on the line. They know I can get it done. They tell me that I'm well adjusted to society. They know I'm gonna bring it home.

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

PBE affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

[Image: Spectrum-Lockers-Athletic-locker.png]

Written Option 2: For skaters:
It's game 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd and are losing 4-3. You haven't had the most stellar game but you have a feeling in your gut that if you're on the ice for the next 2 minutes, your team will score a goal. How do you convince your coach to make sure you get put out there? Do you have a plan of attack? Did you find a weakness in the opponent's gameplan? Do you just tell your coach to trust your hunch?

To be clear in any game 7 scenario where there is 2 mins left that isn’t a complete blowout for us, Alexandros wants to be that guy that is relied on to be on the ice. To top this off Alexandros has an unfair advantage in convincing the coach to be the one to stay out being as he is functionally the assistant coach of the team on top of being the current rising star of the team coming out of a rebuilding state. I am confident in my ability to pull back the game and I have inside track so getting or staying out there would be easy. As to why I believe I can do it/ I should be the one to do it/ how I would do it, Alexandros and his linemates are the best and most effective line currently available in our rebuilding state and would give us the best shot at scoring in most situations. With the disruptive prowess of Cal Juice and my playmaking ability I believe we can set up Sad Ketchup just right to snipe that goal.

-185 words

In all honesty, Edouard Lavoie would not force his way on to the ice in this situation. He would trust his coach to put the players that the coach thinks is best suited to winning the game on the ice. If that is Edouard, then he would go out there and do the job. However, for the sake of the argument, Edouard would have to have noticed something that only he could capitalize on. A goalie tendency that only he can spot that he knows will show up again and that he can exploit to find the back of the net. Edouard likes to think that his coach would trust him the same way that he trusts his coach, so all Edouard would have to do was make it known that he thinks he should be on the ice in that pivotal moment and his coach would trust him and put him in a position to make the play. With everything on the line, Edouard would push harder than he ever has before to push his team over the finish line.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

[Image: FOXfONy.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

OPTION 2
I will convince the coach to take a time-out and allow me to draw a set play for the team. I have been planning for this moment for a while, developing the ultimate Hail Mary play for exactly this kind of a situation. This play has been tested multiple times in practice, and it has worked almost every time. The play is to get posession of the puck, then take the puck behind our goal, pull the goalie and go for 6 skaters. Then one player takes the puck and the other five players form a protecting circle around the player with the puck. They will protect the player and the puck at all costs. This is such a surprising method, that the defending team won't figure out a way to break it until it's too late, and refs will also be too baffled to call penalties on the "bodyguards" even if they break the rules. The team will then skate as a tight group to the opposing end, until they are in front of the goal, which is when they open up the circle and have the player one-on-one against the goalie with players on both sides ready for a one-timer. Sure goal.

[Image: sulov.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Jarrod Lakemore's preferred pregame meal is a nice big bowl of beef pho. The deep, rich flavor of the broth along with the thin, rare slices of ribeye and well done brisket, punctuated with the crispness of the bean sprouts and thai basil, truly there isn't anything better. After his meal, Lakemore likes to play a game of Dota 2, a game well-known for being stress-free, non-competitive, and almost meditatively relaxing. So when his pregame meal and ritual isn't available before an important game, some shady character offers him an alternative. His favorite pho restaurant may be closed, and cooking a traditional pho broth takes 6 hours at a minimum, but this guy has a quick way to get the beef and noode fix, a packet of beef flavored instant ramen. And while Lakemore's laptop suddenly stopped working, this stranger offers to let him use his Steam deck to play on instead. Truly a lifesaver, Lakemore is able to get that umami fix and enjoy a relaxing game of Dota 2 on the 7 inch screen of a Steam deck. (187 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written Option 2

Dave Heinrich: Have you ever watched a show called NCIS?

Coach: What does a show from 2003 have to do with hockey?

Dave Heinrich: The protagonist up until 2022 was a man by the name of Leroy Jethro Gibbs known most prominently in universe for his always accurate gut.

Coach: You realize we are in the middle of a major-

Dave Heinrich: I am not Gibbs, but I have never in all of my years of life or unlife felt as strong a feeling in my gut as I have in this moment that if you put me in that I will win this game for us. Maybe Gibbs is channeling himself through my gut or maybe it is the fact I have an agent with preternatural powers who is trying to make me go super saiyan for this game. Either way I want you to put me on the ice and let me win us this game.

Coach: Sit back down son I think you have taken a few too many blows to the head.

Dave Heinrich: Alright I guess I'll just go tell my eldritch abomination agent that I feel we lost this game cause coach didn't trust Gibbs' gut.

Coach: If you don't win this game I am going to let every Chicago citizen slap you upside the head.

Dave Heinrich: Deal!

Code:
Word Count: 225

In most situations, Sad Ketchup would just trust his coach, and he is self aware that he maybe did not play the best, and others were more deserving of the playing time, but in the situation of game 7 down a goal, Sad Ketchup would be itching it get out there. He would ask the coach nicely, to trust him and believe in him as he believes in himself. Sad Ketchup tends to be a easy going player and won't argue with the coach, but just look his coach in the eye and ask them to trust him. Sad Ketchup is known for being a trustworthy team player coming up clutch for his team even when playing bad. If the coach denies him, he will respect it but also maybe comment that the coach is making a mistake, but he'll accept what the coach says and support his teammates that are out on the ice. It would be a tough pill to swallow, but it is apart of the game, and sometimes coaches decisions cost teams games or jobs.

170 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Written Option 1:

Normally, Brooklyn Physt opts for a pregame meal centered around either Fish Tacos or Poke Bowls as they tend to be lighter fare in the morning before her workout. ALWAYS have the toons rocking in the headphones!
Dinnertime at home is Schnitzel that she makes on her own. Otherwise she will "Let the menu speak to me" during team dinners or outings with team mates.

With the road free and easy, things go array at home this time. All her usual places are closed and most markets don't have all the ingredients she would need. Sucking it up, Brooklyn makes for the gym to just get her mind off of her stomach. Disaster strikes as the headphones are dead. Now she cannot amp up or block out the noise.

Worse yet, some strange guy on the street follows her inside. Harrying her over her favorite foods which he mysteriously knows. Finally after a disappointing workout, she finally follows this man who spirits her down an alleyway nearby. Arriving in front of a hidden away Poke joint that forgot to put out their sign. Turning to thank him, she is shocked that he disappeared.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2024, 11:52 AM by Benpachi. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written task, option 1

Normally, Rodrigo Banes enlists his personal chef to accumulate a selection of the purest, high grade durum semolina flower, procure a farm-raised, cage-free chicken from a healthy, clean and independent local farm, and fly in from Italy a selection of the most finely aged Parmigiana Reggiano to assemble his pre-game Chicken Parmesan, a carb and protein-loaded delight.

On some occasions, however, when his personal chef has abandoned him to go on a three-week ayahuasca bender in the amazon jungle in pursuit of spiritual enlightenment, and he is forced to seek out Zeke, a nutrition expert of questionable credentials who lives in a dumpster behind his local Mr. Mikes Bar and Grill, and enlist his help. Zeke scrapes a pile of soggy shredded tax documents, infused with the flavours of day-old beef drippings, retrieve a stray urban pigeon unlucky enough to be caught in one of Zeke's repurposed glue traps, and pickpocket the single slice of American cheese from a toddler carrying a soggy 6-inch meatball sub out of a nearby Subway to prepare the sopping, vaguely food-shaped mess of nutrition he calls: "MEANWHILE" Emergency Dumpster Chicken Parm.

Sometimes you've got to lower your standards to get what you need.

[Image: banes.png]

Option 1

This sure sounds like a very trustworthy man in a not at all suspicious situation. But at the end of the day, all you need when something goes wrong is plausible deniability I guess. Wait, you say this doesn't apply to cases where WADA personnel finds suspicious substances in my body in one of their routine doping tests? Crap, alright, I guess I have to be a bit more careful then... Now the most important question would be: Do I get to choose the meal or does the mysterious man present a meal of his choosing to me that is supposed to have these magical effects on me. If it's the latter then I certainly would be careful because no matter what effects it gives me, there are some food that I think I just wouldn't be able to stomach. But if I get to choose I think I would be interested, if only to see his twist on the meals that I otherwise prepare for myself. Maybe I can learn a thing or two for a next time I make my meal... If I survive.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Written Option 2

Petr can scor. Petr's only purpose is to scor gol. Therefore, needing a gol, and more specifically a player to scor it, it only makes sense to employ the services of one Petr to scor said gol. Surely, any coach worth their salt would know this and would look to the use of a petr to scor gols. Therefore, Petr should not need to make a case to said coach to play in the remainder of the game, the coach should simply know. The performance of Petr is the game thus far should not even be a qualifier for such a decision. THAT BEING SAID, Petr does have a fantastic track record in the playoffs, not having missed a single season yet. Just south of point per game after 180 total, not to mention that 29 goal post-season when New England won the 28 game cup, so even in game seven experience Petr has loads.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]