Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1: Journal Entry – Pregame Panic

so it's game day, everything's a mess. missed my usual pregame meal of black beans, rice, and spicy sausage. couldn't find my ritual candles either. talk about a goddamn disaster. i was pacing in the locker room when this shady-looking guy comes up, offering a meal that’ll "boost my game" and help with my rituals. normally, i'd laugh, but i was desperate. i've seen shamans like him before and it is wise to trust their connection to nature.
so, i trusted my gut. i asked for a steak, rare as it gets. he nods, disappears, and comes back with this perfectly cooked slab of meat. smells divine. then he pulls out this weird assortment of herbs and a lighter and starts lighting his own candles that he brought with him. that's when he introduced himself as Johnny Shaman, Colorado's local spiritualist. He could see I needed help and swooped in.

anyways, then i hit the ice and played one of the best games of my life. lesson learned: the spirits always got your back as long as you are on a righteous journey

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Code:
Written 1, 192 words

-----

"Anyway, the last time I took a stranger up on a mysterious meal before a game was... maybe my last season in Seattle? I forgot to get a hero from Giuseppe's down the road from the rink and that totally threw my shit right off. Couldn't even fathom trying to come back from that. So this guy in a security polo tells me, you know, 'hey, I've got an Italian from Giuseppe's back in the office, if you feel like it's gonna get you on your A-game, let me go get it for you.' And I'm desperate, right, so I say sure, he comes back with the sandwich and it's fucking *rank.* I mean, clearly gone bad. I definitely should've known not to eat it but I was fucking starving, so I ate the whole thing and wound up as a healthy scratch in the bathroom all night.

So when some guy in Tampa offered me a similar situation, I at least had the brains to think about it for longer than a minute. Still ate the sandwich though, but this time it wasn't rancid. Not a bad outcome, you ask me."

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Quote:Graphic Option 1: Draw your player getting their favourite pre-game meal, (with or without the interesting shady man from the written option)

[Image: kv6LULM.jpeg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

Its dark, an alleyway in downtown Los Angeles, the panthers have just been eliminated from the Challenge Cup playoffs, a devastating loss in 7 games after the team put up a great effort to come back from 0-3 in their series against the San Francisco Pride. To say Derek's season and playoff performances were underwhelming would be the understatement of the season. Ron Mexico nominee in the previous season, a lot of Los Angeles' struggle came from Derek failing to find his groove. So, walking alone, lost in his thoughts, a man walks up and offers steamed dogs, but not just any steamed dogs, dogs that have been steamed using only the finest sports drink : gatorade. A bit in shock at the suggestion, this felt right up his alleyway, being the SHL's steam dog connoisseur, having amassed a bit of a cult following, and he felt like this was a perfect opportunity to get his had back straight, lighten up the mode with a refreshing, electrolyte packed dog, who could resist that?

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Written Option 2

There is little point in arguing to get that extra shift in game 7. If the skill is there you will be out there as much as the coach can make happen, and if you've gotten this far it is far wiser to trust the coach that has delivered the team to this moment than to push for personal glory. Every reasonable player and competitive athlete wants that opportunity to make the big play and to be the one to make the heroic move when the moment comes, but if you just had the shift and it did not happen you need to get past it and follow the rotation. You'll have another shift, and if you need a different matchup the coach can make that happen, but demanding to stay out is never the move. There's nothing heroic about being selfish or being too tired to make the great play when the opportunity comes.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Coach, I know I haven’t had my best game today, but I truly believe I can make a difference in these final two minutes. I’ve noticed their defense is starting to show signs of fatigue, and they’re vulnerable to quick transitions. My speed and playmaking could exploit that weakness. I’ve been analyzing their patterns and I’m confident I can create the scoring chance we need. If you give me a chance to be on the ice, I’ll give everything I have to turn this game around. I’ve got a strong feeling that I can help us get that tying goal. Please, trust me on this—let me prove it. Best of all, I can definitely swing through the air with the puck and that will negate any kind of defense that the opponent has. I can fly high in the air, scout their positions, and take us all to victory, like you need me to.

For Carter Crutchfield, getting his coach to put him on the ice for the next 2 minutes being a member of the Chicago Syndicate isn't too hard. There is some defensive talent on that team, but the team as a whole is not great at this moment and Crutchfield can usually weasel his way out onto the ice in order to try to tie things up. With that being said though, every now and then a miracle does happen and Crutchfield does help in putting a goal in to help tie the game up. Although sometimes Crutchfield does have to sit on the bench and literally whine to try to get his coach to put him in, luckily that isn't an often happening occurrence, as he would start to gather a reputation around the league of being a whiny little baby when he doesn't get his ice time.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Missing my pre-game ritual is a big deal. It means that I'll feel nervous all game, even if my performance itself doesn't truly suffer all that much. After several hours of not eating, for some reason I become delirious and can't recognize anyone (absolutely zero medical basis as I don't think Violet canonically has any metabolic disorders). As a result, although she thinks it is a "strange man" offering her a meal and assistance with her pre-game ritual, it's actually just her dad in one of those funny disguises with a mustache and glasses so as to be funny. Historically, Violet has always been someone who needs to eat every few hours or become quite cranky; if she goes another few hours everything's off the table. Thankfully, she's got a strong support system and takes the strange man (i.e. her dad's) pre-game ritual assistance. She gets her favorite hybrid Swedish/Romanian meal brought over, comes to her senses, and quickly realizes that the "strange man" she accepted help from was actually perfectly safe the entire time.

Now, in an alternative universe, if she had not taken the offer, she would have become increasingly delirious during the game and just started hitting everyone indiscriminately - opponents, teammates, and otherwise. Oops!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

1:

Despite the fact that things are going poorly for the Scar Bealey pregame ritual, Scar finds it even more disturbing that this weird guy he’s never met before is casually walking around the locker room area before the game. This dude shouldn’t have access to the St. Louis locker room NOR should he have gotten past security. Assuming he’s a crazy stalker guy, Scar politely declines his help. When the man leaves the room, he immediately calls security. About a minute later he hears a small scuffle outside of the locker room door and he sees that the man is being taken away. Perfect. Scar’s pregame ritual isn’t really too crazy. He just listens to music while he retapes his sticks. Every single game, he uses fresh tape on his blade. The issue is that Scar uses a certain brand of tape and he couldn’t find any. Also, his airpods were dead. So, as the airpods charged, Scar was zooming around the trainer’s offices, looking for the tape he likes. After no such luck there, he got desperate and went into Alexa Johansen’s bag. There, he found the tape he likes. With nobody around, he took it from the bag, snapped his half charged airpods in his ears, and went to work. Before they got on the ice, he just told Alexa “thanks” and skated off, leaving his teammate with a lot of wonder as to why. (237)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Whenever a shady older man comes out from a dark passage way with a sharp looking outfit and the offer of a fresh, hot meal… I have to listen. Even if it is on gameday. And let me tell you, I have a hunger during the season that I simply have a hard time squelching. We spend so many hours on the ice and working out, that our bodies are constantly in a state of caloric deficit. And so when that man comes around the corner, all I have to say is “what’s on the menu”. And its an absolutely beautiful display of spaghetti with all different kinds of toppings and sauces. Every protein you could ever ask for. Chicken cutlets, fresh shrimp, the alfredo, a beautiful red sauce. You name it, he’s got it and you name it, I’m gonna eat it. Before you know it, I’ve consumed my fill. And then he drops the news…because I had been so eager to just get some food in that its supposed to have some superior effect on my play…well I guess we’ll see.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

One of the best parts of playing with the Detroit Falcons is the open communication and the trust within the group. We all believe in each other and there is no egos taking over the room. If I was feeling myself and confident in a game time situation that I was going to score, I would have no problem communicating that with my coach. I have no doubts he would have the belief in me and would put me out there, especially if we are down 1 goal with 2 minutes left in a game 7. The only way this works is if you're also humble enough to know when you aren't playing the greatest that you don't steal that opportunity from someone else. That is where trusting and believing in your teammates starts to kick in. This level of trust is a huge reason why the Falcons exceeded expectations this year!

Falcons Canada

[Image: o8g6VPt.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Prompt 2

Ana Söderström is no stranger to the scenario of having to rebound after letting in a soft goal in the playoffs. After all, she had the infamous struggles in the playoffs just two seasons ago and was a contributor to the Falcons' second-round playoff defeat. To show her coach she's improved from those past struggles, she's developed some mental tricks to help develop the short memory that goaltenders need to have to succeed at the professional level. Ana would probably regroup by talking to her goaltending partner on the bench to discuss things and get her head back to where it needs to be. Being the captain of the team, it's incredibly important for her to project an even keel to ensure the rest of the team doesn't get too nervous as well, but this is something she's had a lot of practice doing when needing to prove herself at every level. Her past experiences mean she knows exactly how things can go wrong and how critical it is to get reset, and she's picked up some tips along the way to help her in doing that.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The easiest way for Jiggle E Puff to get on the ice is to sing his teammates to sleep on the bench such that he is the only skater available to sub on during a line change. His coaches hate when he does this, so he also has to sing Hotdog and Micool to sleep as well. When Puff gets out there, he has to pull out every dirty trick in the book to ensure that the Atlanta Inferno score enough goals to  turn around the deficit and win the hockey game. Jiggle's signature move is to act like he's screening the goalie while actually singing them to sleep, then he can get an easy deflection goal when one of his significantly more talented teammates takes a long shot in at goal. When the coaches realize that Puff has snuck onto the ice, it's all over for them as he will never sub off.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Sydney Shaw NEED buttered noodles. Spaghetti to be exact. And it needs to be eaten at 1700. No earlier. No later. And do not forget the salt. One time they were out of town for an away game, but her roommate who shall not be named ate ALL the spaghetti noodles! They were running out of time. It was already 1600. Down the street Shaw found a Pho place. Close. She ordered a bowl, then went to the bathroom and drained all the broth. She then proceeded to pull all toppings and put them on a paper towel. Thankfully she had her pocket butter. Added that to the now plain noodles. Salt was also in her pocket (cause duh, it always is). She salted the noodles with a minute to spare. It was 1659. SUCCESS. Well as close as you can get. The clock struck 1700, down the hatch! The noodles were gone in a few minutes and Shaw was mostly satisfied. She pranced down the street to catch a cab to the game. It was a good night.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]