Create Account

Mads McBride testing FA
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 05:55 PM by NJBadApple. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll write more about this later, but here are my priorities when choosing a team:

- Money

For your sake, please avoid tampering by not contacting me or making any suggestive comments until it is allowed.  Thank you.

WHY DO YOU WANT ME ON YOUR TEAM

Honestly there's really no good answer to this question, given the status of my player there's really nothing of substance I can bring to the table other than being a pretty senior member of the forum. Once upon a time I had hopes of hitting 500 goals / 1000 points (still kind of feasible), in addition to winning some awards along the way... but those have all drifted away as McBride slowly fades into obscurity. Taking the punishment also took several years / seasons off of Mads' career, not like it would've amounted to much anyway. Can't even win the cup with a 3-1 series lead + home ice advantage in the finals. Go figure. Well I guess it's better for it to happen to a player where I'm not eligible for the HOF anyway rather than whoever I create next.

WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR IN A TEAM

My dream scenario here? Joining a contending team willing / able to throw a bunch of money my way but I know both of that happening is a pretty fat chance. Again, my hopes & dreams for McBride are all but officially over so my primary concern is rebuilding my bank account for my next player. I'm likely to play (at least) two more seasons, since my ban from PT / CW / ASW / everything else expires on October 7th. Realistically? I'm expecting to join a bottom-feeder team on a big-dollar-dummy-contract to fill out the roster during a rebuild + help / mentor newer users. Given my circumstances I'm cool with this role, it's something I haven't done yet anyway. I can also make some free sigs for people if they want.

WHY DID I CHEAT ON THE PT'S

There's likely going to be a couple of interviews / podcasts with me regarding the specifics of everything but I may as well address the god damned thing since I'm testing FA and teams deserve to know. Here it is: I'm lazy. The past year or two have been awful for me (putting it lightly) and didn't want to waste my time trying to conjure up some fantasy "story" each week. Yes it's only 150 words and I realize how easy that is to fill, seeing as I'm currently filibustering in my own FA thread. I value all of my time, regardless if that's 5 minutes or 5 hours; it's just a way I've always operated in real life and I let it cross that thin line into laziness. I saw PT's as a waste of my time instead of an obligation I hold being a hyper-active member of the forum. That's as simple as it gets; I never once said "meh fuck this community I'm going to cheat, that'll show them". It was done out of laziness, that was the core issue. I'd like to reassure you I didn't murder anyone, or kick any puppies, or slap any babies, as some people seem to think I did.

THE PLAN

As stated above, I plan on keeping McBride alive until my punishment expires on October 7th and not a moment later; I'll be immediately retiring and starting work on my next player. Until then, I'm not sure if I'll be buying equipment since $8.5M is a big investment on a temporary asset... but otherwise I'm active and around. Not leaving the forum or the community, so you'll have to deal with me for at least another player. I'll have around 1055tpe or so after the upcoming regression, and somewhere around 800'ish this time next off-season. I have no ill-will towards anyone here, just trying to get rich again. Thank you.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

Straight to the point

Mads or Mr. Krabs

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Updated with some writing

07-20-2024, 04:15 PMNJBadApple Wrote:  Taking the punishment also took several years / seasons off of Mads' career, not like it would've amounted to much anyway.  Can't even win the cup with a 3-1 series lead + home ice advantage in the finals.  Go figure.  Well I guess it's better for it to happen to a player where I'm not eligible for the HOF anyway rather than whoever I create next.

Cheers

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

Did you copy a cameron carter media from when he was asking for more money or that 10x10 contracts KEKW

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

07-20-2024, 08:16 PMmicool132 Wrote: Did you copy a cameron carter media from when he was asking for more money or that 10x10 contracts KEKW

Depends, am I losing 400tpe and $30M?

What a crazy finals finish! Maybe if we had a forward with like, 428-ish more TPE, we might have been able to pull it off!

Glad to have shared a LR with you these last 4 seasons, supporting you through your (our?) punishment. All with no fingers being pointed at other players as being ‘cooked’ or anything like that!

I would have told you all of this in the LR, but it looks like you left it as soon as we lost Game 7? Anyway, good luck to any team you might be joining to help/mentor their new players!

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 09:55 PM by NJBadApple. Edited 1 time in total.)

07-20-2024, 08:26 PMdowner Wrote: All with no fingers being pointed at other players

07-20-2024, 08:26 PMdowner Wrote: Maybe if we had a forward with like, 428-ish more TPE, we might have been able to pull it off!

Nice.

Yes I left the LR after they scored their 6th goal, everyone knew it was over and it was my way of coping instead of going on an angry tirade or, I don't know, passive-aggressively posting on the forums..

Both GM's knew I was going to test FA anyway in search of more money, that's no secret to them.

Our goalie had a shit series and I called him on it, tough luck. I don't hate him - or anyone - for a matter of fact. I appreciate everything the GM's did for me while I was there and sad it ended on such a shit note / brutal loss. Despite whatever feelings you may have towards me I hope you guys return to the final again & you have another great season alongside Zeigler and Diehm.

Wait, it’s a users fault if their player plays bad in the sim?

07-21-2024, 12:37 PMhockeyfan Wrote: Wait, it’s a users fault if their player plays bad in the sim?

Oh man am I in trouble, then

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

07-21-2024, 12:37 PMhockeyfan Wrote: Wait, it’s a users fault if their player plays bad in the sim?
prison for me for my player not living up to expectations, confirmed

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

Shit...

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Sad that my player wasn't able to play like the first 4 games, but nothing I could do about it :(

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: 3zad.jpeg]

07-22-2024, 11:11 AMAnthique Wrote: Sad that my player wasn't able to play like the first 4 games, but nothing I could do about it :(

I know and I wasn't trying to imply it was your fault, just frustrating to watch it fall apart in real time.