Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1

Dusty Rhodes can cook his ass off. Everyone knows that, all his teammates and the city. So at the team's summer picnic it was decided to have a best gumbo cook off for charity with all proceeds going to the hurricane relief fund, still so desperately needed in New Orleans. Since it was just stated that whichever player has the best tasting gumbo will win people took advantage of the fact that it didn't say they had to cook it themselves. So Dusty teammates all got local chefs to try and beat Dusty since they knew they didn't have a shot otherwise. One teammate who shall remain nameless even got Emmeril Lagasse to cook his gumbo. But it was all in vain as big Dusty was not about to be beaten. He arrived at 4am to start on his roux. After 3 hours his roux was almost as black as tar but perfect for his signature chicken and sausage gumbo. Try as they might they all fell to the wayside as Dusty ruled the day and they made twenty thousand for charity.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

2:

Ace Lightning was gifted a tremendous SMJHL career with the Nevada Battleborn, from season 69 to season 72, and all four seasons he was there the team was very competitive. They never won the championship, but made the playoffs every year and the team always seemed to get to the conference finals but could never get over the hump.

This success got Lightning drafted high in the first round to a rebuilding team, the Toronto North Stars, who although have made the playoffs a few times in his tenure, have been at the floor more times than not. To say it was a culture shock would be an understatement. Obviously, we know rebuilding takes years in this league, and it looks like the patience is finally paying off, as Toronto has a solid young core which should see them find success soon, which started last playoffs against the eventual champions. They took them to the brink, and that should bode well for the remainder of Lightnings career.

I've been lucky enough to be part of two incredible cup winning teams in Edmonton and San Francisco, but getting there has certainly come with some ugly setbacks as well. The most memorable for me was in Edmonton in S74, the season after our Challenge Cup victory. The team was flying high, with the strongest TPE roster we'd ever built, and we cruised to a President's Trophy win with a 9 point lead over the next best team. After a first round sweep of Minnesota, we turned our eyes on the surprising underdog San Francisco Pride, who were hot off a six game upset of LA. The 14th ranked team in the league, they were supposed to be an easy opponent on our trip back to the cup, but they outplayed and outmaneuvered us in six games to clinch the series and a WCF appearance on their own ice. After such a huge climb to the top, that would be the furthest the old EDM core made it until the rebuild two seasons later, and the rest is history.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

[Image: yu.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2024, 01:10 PM by Troy_McClure03. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm not worried about winning this competition. All of my fine, amazing, championship winning team can cook. The only person any of us should be worried about is @JR95 Nathan Cormier. It is going to take the entire team to stop him from turning our teams pantry from boring to exquisite. Lucky for us, it's my time to shine.

First things first, I'm throwing all the butter into a blender. I'm blending it until it's all whipped. From there I'm cutting all of the meats and proteins we have into bite sized pieces. I'm putting the meat and butter together in the microwave for 35 minutes.

After that, I'm taking all the veggies we have, and I'm putting them in the compost where it belongs. I'm thrusting all the pantry items into the bathtub and running the tub to make a soup. Then I'm draining the soup and taking a shower over it. And i pee in the shower, you knots to save water.

Then I'm taking everything else out the fridge and throwing it into the neighbors tree house.

By the time i do all that the domino's pizza i
Ordered should be there. If not, pizza hut should be right behind them. Making me the champ by default.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

When it comes to cooking I am learning, but I would consider myself a pretty decent cook who can make some tasty dishes if needed. I think my skills are good enough where I don’t need to sabotage my teammates to stand a chance at doing well, whether I would win or not. Which is why I won’t sabotage and just try to cook my teammates the best possible thing I can think of. That being said, we’re dealing with a group of hockey players here, so sometimes a more refined dish, or some fancy meals won’t really cut it.

I’m gonna go with something simple: meat. Most players love a good steak, which is why I am going to cook a nice tomahawk steak, make a side of potatoes with a salad and have a nice chimichurri sauce for the meat. Throw the steak on the grill, sear off the outside with some nice grill marks then throw it in the oven until it hits an internal temperature of 125 degrees, take it out and cover it with foil. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes, finish seasoning the potatoes and placing everything on the table and call it a day. Once the steak is ready, cut it near the bone and then slice into thin slices for everyone to enjoy. Perfect medium rare and everyone has a good time. Is it enough to be the best? Who knows, but it’s delicious.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Time is short and money isn't really an issue, so off to the butcher for a shank of Rib Eye, cut into 1.5 inch slices, and some fresh parsley, oregano, and garlic. That's right, we're doing steak strips, or fingers if you prefer, with a nice chimichurri sauce for dipping. The entire cooking process will take around 30 minutes, very little to clean up afterwords, and with just oil, salt, and pepper the steaks are going to be to die for.
The steaks cut at this thickness will be great for a quick flash sear and then 5 minutes is all they will need on a closed grill. This should give a nice slightly crisp outside, while giving a perfect rare - medium rare cook on the inside. Any one who requests well done can go eat a pizza that Cale picked up. Everyone gets a nice little dish of sauce to dunk their fingers in, it's truly finger lickin' good!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Written Option 1

Jaden, as someone who has absolutely no cooking ability at all, is understandably panicked about the cook-off. He wants to win because winning is always nice, but he knows he has no shot at doing so normally. So, it's time to break out the bag of tricks. First, for his entry, he's going to go to his friendly neighborhood barbecue place and get several racks of ribs. He's going to eat them ALL, trying as he goes to replicate the sauce by taste. He may have to go get more. He's going to be 40 lbs heavier by the end of this.

Of course, he knows he also has to influence the voting. He buys small cacti for each of the judges because who doesn't love a good cactus. That's sure to get him in their good graces, right?

He comes into the competition with his bootleg ribs, confident he's going to win... only to lose in the first round. The final winner? Ellie Williams, who he didn't even realize would be competing, as the general manager.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

PBE Affiliate

PBE Username: Zodiac.EXE

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Not every dish in German cuisine translates well to American pallettes however Dunkler would choose to go with a tried and true favorite: the schnitzel. Considering it’s the offseason, many of his teammates are likely going to be grilling or cooking outside. So Dunkler will plan on something the judges can compare reasonably well to burgers, hotdogs, or grilled chicken. The schnitzel sandwich! He’d plan to cook it on an outdoor griddle style grill with a flat surface. It would go on a ciabatta roll with some lettuce and tomatoes. Served alongside it Dunkler would prepare some crispy fries and serve with two sauces that may be a little more unique to Americans. Curry ketchup and a mayo/mustard combination, both great for dipping fries in. Dunkler is going to need to practice though, since he is usually not trying this hard when just cooking for himself. Also, I pity the PT graders on this one. Every single response is going to make them hungry!

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Option #1:

As any good backyard cooking championship would have it, the Forge players all decided a chili cookoff was the obvious way to go. Many of the players kept talking about how they would sabotage the others, but after Barca got sucker punched in the head we all decided we'd establish some pretty basic rules. The first rule was that nobody could touch anyone else's food or ingredients. The second rule was that if a player wished to include one of the main ingredients, being meat or beans, in their chili then they were afforded that opportunity. The last rule, since Cale was hosting everyone at his mansion, was to make sure we cleared out Cale's entire refrigerator and pantry, leaving no food behind. Now that the rules were established, I began to whip up the best darn chili that would ever be created. Simple really, it would include ground beef, various types of beans, some hot sauce, seasonings, and the secret ingredient... Barq's. And as the Supa Hot Fire meme would go, everyone went crazy when they tasted the Hazbite!

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

A cook off? For sure. Let me put on my apron. I whip up a delicious pasta salad because let us be honest, you always go back for just oneee more scoop of pasta salad. My tomatoes will be cut in a fancy way, my cucumbers will be cut in a fancy way. Obviously I will be using Cavatappi pasta as it is the most eye pleasing pasta and your stomach is largely made up by your input from your eyes. There is seasoning, there are fresh ingredients, there is a massive amount of love poured in. I will call it pasta goal as it will need a hockey themed name. I will let all my other teammates pour their heart and soul into whatever they are making. I will not sabotage them because I like to win fair and square. I don’t know what all the other people are cooking but I expect @Seany148 will make a poutine. 

Words- 159

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

[Image: sports-Car-life-Style2.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Jarrod Lakemore isn't much of a cook, but he does have a favorite dish and incidentally it also one he has taken the time to learn how to prepare properly. He is essentially a one-trick pony in the kitchen but that suits this kind of competition perfectly fine. That dish? Authentic Vietnamese beef pho. Normally this wouldn't be possible to do in a short period of time as the broth, which is of course the heart of the dish, takes up to a day to prepare, but Lakemore always has some on hand. The broth, infused with beef flavor from short ribs, marrow bones, and brisket, along with charred aromatics, and spiced up just a touch with some toasted cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise, an absolute perfection of a broth, commonly referred to as liquid gold. The remainder of the dish can be prepared easily, simply soak some traditional pho noodles, place in the bowl along with some chopped onion and thai basil, add some thinly sliced ribeye and some slices of the cooked brisket from the broth, maybe a few vietnamese meatballs as well. Add some boiling hot broth to cook the ribeye, then garnish with bean sprouts, green onion, and thai chilis. Serve with hoison and sriracha on the side (don't do the foreign thing and just dump it in the broth, the sauces are for dipping the beef in) and prepare for true bliss. (241 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written Option 1

Oliver Cornwall is originally a British gentleman, so it is expected that he will be an outrageously bad cook. Fortunately for him and for his teammates who would be subjected to the outcome of his attempt at cooking, since his transfer to France in international play, he has begun to pick up habits of French cuisine. He will make use of a variety of French cooking techniques to pave the way to his victory. However, it will not be entirely above board in Cornwall’s pursuit of culinary excellence. He is known for being a fiercely competitive teammate, and so he will bring out all the stops, including some cheap tricks like swapping the salt and sugar in his teammates cooking stations. He slightly adjusts the temperature on their elements, and offers some relatively tame chirps to get their heads out of the fame. For Cornwall, life is defined by success, and the culinary theatre is not exempt from his machinations.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]