Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

When it comes to new faces joining the team throughout each new season, Patey V2 is usually not one to help out many. To be honest, Patey V2 never really had much help himself, or anyone to take him under their wing, so he has no felt the need to do the same for others. Being a 3rd rounder, you usually aren’t a fancy prospect, so you usually fly under the radar when it comes to the big names, which has shown for Patey V2. Moving forward, he may try to help with these new faces, but leaving it up to the others on the team, including the captains and management is mostly where it should be coming from. Patey V2 is only here to win, so planning out what to do for new faces only takes time out of his own day, when he could be training, or doing something he wants to be doing in his personal time, like golfing.

PBE affiliate

[Image: SY3t7Jj.jpeg]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Prompt 1 - (191 Words + This whole line).

With the recent QCC's huge player egress, there's only a handful of veterans still in play to take the reins of the situation. As such, even players coming into their second season are already highly encouraged to aid the draftees in the integration and capacitation process.

On his end, Andrea has tried his best not to slack off more than necessary on fulfilling his obligations and training, but moreover, has been eagerly participative in such process. Trying for the newcomers to get comfortable, whether it may be by teaching them the ropes about how things are handled in the competitive scene, providing feedback on the training sessions as well as looking for opportunities to have exchanges with them, even social ones, banter and such when appropriate. At the end of the day, they need to adapt to ever higher expectations, but he too agrees that cultivating an environment that encourages hard work instead of sucking you dry for the sake of results will always be healthier and more profitable on the long term, and that is a value Andrea too shares with his fellow players and and office workers.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 11:05 PM by bbjygm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hodor helps the newer faces of the team with their multilingualism by teaching them hodorese. Hodor is a fluent speaker of hodorese as it is his first language. He often times finds it a little lonely that others can't speak his native tongue, so he has taken it upon himself to teach his teammates the language he was so aptly named after. They have little training sessions after each practice and after enough time they will communicate whole conversations using only hodorese. This immersion greatly helps the learning process, just as a growing child quickly learns languages they are surrounded by. Every offseason, Hodor will take the newest recruits on a visit to Winterfell to get fully immersed in the hodorean culture. They will even stay with host families that only speak hodorese to help practice the language. It has a lot of subtle inflections and pronunciations, so the extra work is really worth the effort.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Written Prompt 1

We've definitely got new talent this year and it's very exciting to see! For me, it's all about making the transition comfortable. Get them comfortable and confident right from the start. I remember how overwhelming it was when I was new, and I'm sure I'll be just as uncomfortable next year in my first SHL year. But making sure you're approachable and encouraging them to ask questions, no matter how small, is a great first step!

I make sure to tell them just to focus on the basics. Skating, positioning and always, always keeping your head up! It's easy to get caught up in trying to make a big impact right away, only for a big impact to happen to you right away! Consistency is key, you have to keep up on your workouts, practices, watching tape, learning to read plays, etc. It's important to learn not only our system, but to have an understanding of most systems. After that, I do what I can and offer support as often as they need!

WC: 173

PBE Affiliate Link

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Mary Hollywood, as one of the esteemed rookies on this season's Manhattan Rage squad, has much to learn when it comes to the ways of the big league. Back in Regina (the Elkses are dead, long live the Elkses), Mary spent the majority of last season as the last ever captain of her hockey club. Nowadays, she is a small fish in a big SHL pond. No more can she freely vape on the bench without reprimand, or throw popcorn all around the locker room. This is why she has sought the guidance of one of her more veteran SHL teammates, Betzee Nickelback. Betzee has proved to be an invaluable resource for Mary during this incredibly significant portion of her hockey career. She's not only helped her to improve as a player on the ice, but off the ice as well, including teaching her to make a dope ice cream sandwich.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PBE Affiliate

Username: Zodiac.EXE

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 12:35 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Since Shawn Pawn has entered the league he has resounding success and has had quite a lot of growth. This growth has brought the attention of a film crew who has been wanting to know what the secret for Shawn pawn's upward trending career and for the first time when Shawn Pawn was asked the question, "who should get credit for all of this growth and development?" Something snapped in Shawn pawn's head and he looked deadpanned into the camera and said "me". Shawn pawn was almost insulted when the interviewer said, "I am certain there has to be a coach, a teacher or some sort of role model that has gotten you to see some sort of change." But instead of verbalizing his dismay, Shawn Pawn looked internally and responded gracefully, "you are right, growing up in middle school the lunch ladies recognized my greatness and potential and started sneaking me extra portions amd snacks and that gave me the fuel to grow into the specimen I am today."

170+ words

Written Option 2

Lyle Odelein IV is still early on in his career. This is Lyle's fourth season as a pro, his fourth for the SMJHLs Anchorage Armada. It isn't four full seasons though. He joined the season very late in his 'rookie' season. He could have missed his first season all together if it it wasn't for the Anchorage GM at the time, good ol' Gabe. Gabe took a chance on the son of past SHLer, Lyle Odelein III, and friend of Gabe's from their first ever season way back in S47. If it wasn't for that, who knows where the young Odelein would be. He may not have even stuck around if it wasn't for this signing. Gabe gambled on what he knew of the first Odelein, he knew he'd be getting a player that would try his very best and put the work in. With Gabe no longer at the helm of the Armada, Lyle Odelein IV still plays with the hope of winning it all with the Armada, wanting to give something back to Gabe and the franchise that took a chance.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Written Option 2:

This is a really tall ask since most of those people have been retired from the hockey world for a very long time.  Most notably, the documentary crew went on the hunt for the mysterious American hockey legend Jason Visser who was hard to track down even during his playing days.  Visser played with Slip on the Jets when he broke into the league and during international action as well. The crew could not locate a physical address, email address, or even a P.O. Box to reach out for comments. They chased down his contracts and various trophy winnings, but those bounced through foreign bank accounts before being pulled out into cash.

As a last ditch effort, the crew went to the hall of fame and recorded a video pleading for Visser to contact them for an interview, but despite racking up tons of views and shares, they heard nothing from Visser.

Finally, when the crew got back to their hotel / base of operations, they found a simple note that said:
Quote:ToeDragon84 ( 169 )
Rating given for Documentary Crew's post in Slip McScruff: A Retrospective

Positive (+1): Jets

Ultimately, Slip McScruff's own documentary was overshadowed by the Hunt for Jason Visser, coming to theaters near you, but at least Slip will get some royalties to off set his veteran minimum contract.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: hiRbcAz.png]

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

At the start of her third season as alternate captain for the San Diego Tidal, Gina Pinard is one of the first persons new players can look to in order to receive a warm welcome in the californian locker room. Herself having had to move a country and a half away to join the team, she is especially fond of helping new players who come from very far away settle into their new environment and will gladly help any of her new teammates move into a new apartment, locate any kind of business or service they might be looking for, anything that will help their transition be as smooth as possible. One such teammate was Irish player Róisín Armagh, who Gina immediately made friends with by being able to pronouce that first name properly because she is a huge fan of Irish singer Róisín Murphy. Sometimes it is the small things that help people connect and Gina loves finding these little things to help build a strong locker room for her team

[Image: lespoils.gif]