Create Account

S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Trivia - Verification word: rats (3 TPE)

2. ISFL Affiliate (3 TPE) 

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?

Roquefort Cotswold returned for his third year on the Detroit Falcons in S78. Starting the season as maximum TPE, Roquefort was positioned well for his best season yet. The Falcons lines were impressive, and the team, on paper, seemed to be a contender for the Cup. We had a solid season, but ultimately we came up just short in the playoffs losing to a very strong Maine team. Roquefort, however, showed solid improvement in many metrics. His assists shot up to 26, good for 31 points with his 5 goals. He sported a respectable +7 +/-, quite good given he was tasked with defending against opponents first liners. His biggest gains came in the turnover differential department, sporting an impressive 41 takeaways to a mere 18 Giveaways. While his HIT numbers were down from last season, he more than made up for it by posting an absurd 154 blocks on the season. Overall, the defensive oriented rat showed up and delivered - with one year left on the falcons the question remains if he can get it done.

Code:
176 Words, at least 2 tpe lol

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 08:55 PM by lemonoppy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia: lemonoppy (3 TPE)

Prompt 6 (212 Words - 4 TPE)

This season was weird for me as I got traded to the Las Vegas Battleborn from the Quebec City Citadelles in a move that brought in Gwen, the new Quebec City GM in. The Battleborn were looking for a forward to replace the production and to make a push for a championship win in a season where they had a high level of TPE on all of their players, and I was an easy one to send over as I am, or was rather, in my last season of eligibility in the J and the rest of the Citadelle roster was younger leaning, our big crop of players having moved on last season. I was in the 1C spot, which was interesting, and a little bit disappointing from a stat perspective.

I do appreciate JFK and the Battleborn putting me in the 1C, especially as I said I wasn't so fussed on stats but it was kind of sad to see my guy do okay but not amazing. I do feel like if there was a most improved award, I would get that as I was pretty mediocre in every other season in the J but it's a shame that Las Vegas couldn't go all the way, even after that re-sim stuff.

Prompt 5 (90 words - 1 TPE)

I think that the obvious meta for team names is to have them be as long as possible and as similar as possible. Opposing players are going to have to remember who to mark and if the initials are the same, they won't be able to remember who's in which spot for each play, who's got tendencies to exploit, etc. It's too bad you can't change numbers between games, series, or even periods, I think there's a lot of psychological warfare you could do to jumble people up with that.

Total: 3 + 4 + 1 = 8
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2024, 12:31 PM by _Blitz_. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Daisy

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Path

Tampa Bay has had a fantastic season. I play for LA. That said, I think it's hard to argue that the President's Trophy winners who faced down the #2 and #3 teams in the league in those 7-game series are going to struggle the same way against the #4 team who beat out #6 and #9 in the same rounds. The feeling in our locker room has been that no matter who came out of the East, our biggest challenges have been San Francisco and Texas, and that getting through them was going to be difficult. We've taken it one series at a time and not thought too far ahead aside from how many more wins we need. I think this leaves space for our team management to now focus wholly on beating Tampa Bay. Of course, FHM will still have its say, but historically it likes teams who've performed well in the regular season and who can build momentum. (160 Words, +3 TPE)

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. It Has Been A While

Having played most of my first career with Toronto, there's still a fond hope in my heart that the North Stars will get their day in the Sun sooner rather than later. That said, I think Baltimore is the best-built team on that list right now and has gotten fairly close in recent seasons. I don't know what their plans are for the next few seasons, but if they've still got some gas and gear, I could see them making another deep run. Minnesota feels like the biggest wild card on that list. Eddie's a good dude and has made a lot of big moves since becoming the GM, both to boon and detriment, and has a good knowledge base in the game. But then he still has to get past Texas in-division, and then will have to contend with LA and San Fran to get out of the West right now. In 10 seasons, it'll be getting past Chicago and Winnipeg. It'll be interesting to see if they can rise to that challenge in Minnesota. (176 Words, +3 TPE)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2024, 01:40 PM by NUCK. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW: Nuck

3. Tampa Bays defensemen like Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown and others are leading in the defensive stat categories for a few reasons. The easy indicator is the class of opponents they have faced but its also clear that they are superior defensive defensemen in general. They are built better for a defensive game and compliment one another as a result. You can add to the the fact that their forwards are contributing to their success with good defensive play and builds. When you have your entire team working in a tight defensive system, its easy to see the results on players stats as a result. I believe thats what we are seeing here in Tampa Bay, an entire defensive structure that it benefitting the the defenders and their end game stats as a result. But that is not meant to take away from Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown true talents at their positions and the reason they are looking so good.
161 words 3tpe

6. Will Nuck's rookie season was one of surprise. He made the jump to the SHL a season before most players make their SHL debut but also at a time when he was still better TPE wise then the 6th defensemen on the Steelhawks would have been. He had a very solid build with good points spent into his athletics and a defensive focus overall. Although he didnt bring enough luck to Hamilton as to bring home a cup in his rookie season like is grandfather Bubba Nuck. He did play a respectable game with really decent numbers for his workload and on a team that only barely made the last seed into the playoffs.
114 words, 2TPE

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 06:46 PM by zeagle1. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL PT
Trivia: confirmation word: ATL

This was Jiggle E. Puff's peak TPE season and he did ok. Probably was better last season, but still solid. He had 31 goals and 57 assists for a total of 88 points, so he was over a point per game! Despite the scoring, he was only +2 on the season, a reflection of the weak Atlanta Inferno team he led. He played heavily on both the Power Plan and Short Handed lines, with nearly three and a half and two and a half minutes per game, respectively. Additionally, he was a pretty mid faceoff taker, sitting a smidge below 50. 8 Game Winning Goals is a real highlight for Jiggle because he loves winning! (115 words)

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

CW pass
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2024, 02:56 PM by kdr. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW Trivia:  Done   (got them all so 3TPE)

ISFL affiliate PT  3 TPE

[url=https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=53306&pid=838680#pid838680][/url]

Prompt 6:  I think it was an up and down season for my player and definitely for the team as a whole.  It was the first full season of playing so there was no way to know what to expect. The first thing that surprised me when looking at the lines at the start of the season was that I was the #1 C for the penalty kill.  Why was htis surprising?  Because I thought one of my deficiencies last season that would continue was on the defensive end.  I am aiming to be a good two way player, but didn't think I was there yet.  I also took out all of my FC skill which probably hurt a little. I did get 4 SHG, which should have put me in the top 5, but I don;t seem to be listed.  So, I think the team knew what it was doing.  I got 48 points on 18G and 30A.  As I will be able to uncap some more TPE for my third season, I think this will definitely increase.  I would think one or two of our top line wingers will probably be called up this year, so I might see more ice time, which should automatically increase those stats.  The one most important for me to increase individually would be +/- I want to get into the double digits, this would mean our team would probably increase the most important stat, WINS.  Take it to the CUP.

Code:
over 200 words  4TPE

Well over 8 TPE so will stop.

CW Pass

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

HO pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

CW pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

1. CW TRIVIA - 3 TPE
angy

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one? - 4

For Petr, on a season to season basis, Petr rebounded very well this season, retreating from the violent decay and deprecation of age and regression. From 31 points to 47 is a growth I certainly did not expect to occur going from 1200 to 1100 TPE, but one that I am thankful for. In the scope of Petr's career, however, it was a tremendous season for Petr: as he approaches 1000 games played, Petr crossed the 1000 points threshold. After 200 career playoff games, Petr has accumulated 200 playoff points, earning him top 10 spots in playoff goals and points. While a career goal of mine was to reach 500 goals, being 92 away at this point means it would likely take 5 more seasons, which seems out of reach. That being said, I sure hope I can replicated this season's rebirth of Petr with more uncharacteristically good performance at modest TPE levels in his twilight years as I pad my career statistics in my wait to either win gold or until I no longer make the Czech National Team. I am excited where my journey ends as I near the end of my SHL career, including 10 long years as part of the community.

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Out With The Old, In With The New - 1
Team Russia got replaced by Quebec, which for sure got people talking about the IIHF. What other nations/regions would you like to see get their own team? Would you think they should replace current teams and if so which ones would you seek to replace? And most importantly, why you think that teams you picked would be more interesting or improve the IIHF in general?

Man, I have been in the IIHF Head Office for each international expansion and team change process, even a couple rebrands, and it's always the coolest thing to see people's passion and interest behind whatever it is. It really is no different to SMJHL or SHL expansion as a chance to display one's creativity. Italy has been an historical IIHF team with occasional presence among players throughout the years, but the opportunity for other more expressive/inclusive identities such as a Pan-African team is really cool in my opinion.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Championship Week

Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts

Code:
3. Many of Tampa Bay’s defencemen, like Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown have better defensive stats compared to Panthers defencemen. Do you think they can keep shutting down the offensive of Los Angeles or do you think that Los Angeles defencemen just appear worse because of the tougher opponents they have had to face?

I think a big story of the finals will be the high powered offence of the Los Angeles Panthers versus the stalwart defence of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown have already firmly cemented themselves as premier defencemen in the league. But they may have their work cut out for them going up against a team containing the likes of Adam Prpich, Derek Martin, and Alexi Piastri. Not to mention with Oliver Castillon and Axel Kirby both potting 30 goals this season.

I think there are too many weapons for Tampa Bay to dismantle in this series. I’m giving the edge to the Los Angeles Panthers.

109 Words = 2 TPE

Code:
4. Before finals both goalies have pretty similar Goals Against Average, Soonika leading 2.51 to 2.55, but Brzeczyszczykiewicz has edge on save percentage 0.927 to 0.919. Which of the teams do you think has edge on net?

I have quickly learned not to bet against Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz. He’s such an incredible goaltender and it will be a very touch matchup for the Tampa Bay Barracuda to overcome. On the flip side, Tibuk Soonika is no slouch either. He doesn’t have the same pedigree and accolades as Grzegorz does, but that doesn’t make him any worse a goaltender. Soonika has been shown to steal games on occasion which Tampa may need to get past an incredible Los Angeles Panthers squad.

I think it’s going to come down to experience, however. So I’m going to give the edge to Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz.

102 Words = 2 TPE

Code:

Well Jussi Mutou did not have a good season this year with the Montreal Patriotes. Instead of slowly and steadily improving like he expected to, he found himself in a sort of limbo state. Neither improving from his rookie season, nor slumping. He’s just there. Gone are the days of Legion of Boom Jussi Mutou who was so highly touted in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. So far he’s managed 1 season over 100 hits.

This off-season will be a true test for the young winger, and for all of Montreal. He’ll be spending a lot of time between this season and the next training and practicing so that he can come to camp in the best shape possible. He’s currently working on his endurance and foot speed. His coaches have called his skating “clunky”, and he’s really taken that to heart. He may not be the best next year, but he’ll make damn sure he works harder than anybody.

161 Words = 3 TPE

Code:
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

In the finals between the Maine Timber and Kelowna Knights, I would be an absolute fool to bet against Maine. Anyone with eyes could see they were running away with it from the midway point of the SMJHL season. They won 51 games this season. The 2nd place team won 39. They had a +144 goal differential. The 2nd place team had a +51. They also had 4 players with over 90 points. While I do love a good underdog story, and boy are the Kelowna Knights underdogs, Maine in 3.

91 Words = 1 TPE

8/8 Total TPE Earned

[Image: IxqyMuw.gif]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

GM pass

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

GM Pass

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows