Create Account

S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: LosAngeles-min.png]
VS
[Image: TampaBay-min.png]

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 8.

The deadline is Sunday, September 29th at 11.59PM PST
Please, add at least the prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to all of your answers; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only. If your player is S79 or S80, that's not you.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Writing Prompts

For all written prompts you will gain 1 TPE for every 50 words written up to a 200 words / 4 TPE from single prompt.
Include at least prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to each of your answers

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Derek Martin is player with most points that plays in finals. Los Angeles has 3 other players that are also above or tied in points with Tampa’s Max Carnage. Does Los Angeles have advantage on scoring or does it just seem like it as they have also played 3 more games?
3. Many of Tampa Bay’s defencemen, like Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown have better defensive stats compared to Panthers defencemen. Do you think they can keep shutting down the offensive of Los Angeles or do you think that Los Angeles defencemen just appear worse because of the tougher opponents they have had to face?
4. Before finals both goalies have pretty similar Goals Against Average, Soonika leading 2.51 to 2.55, but Brzeczyszczykiewicz has edge on save percentage 0.927 to 0.919. Which of the teams do you think has edge on net?
5. Finals can often come down to smallest details and teams are looking for any edge they can have. On average Tamba Bay players have longer names by almost 2 characters, how can either of the teams take advantage of that?
6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Path
Los Angeles comes to finals after two seven game seriesses while Tampa Bay has only lost one game after the first round and they have 3 less games during the playoffs. Do you think Tampa Bay gets meaningful advantage from seemingly easier path to the finals as they come in more rested? Or is there no stopping the train of the Los Angeles after they fought their way through teams that finished second and third during regular season? How do you think the path to the finals will impact the series and does it change who you favor?

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. It Has Been A While
Tampa Bay has potential to end the longest standing cup drought in the league, even longer than what San Francisco ended by winning their first cup in S76, and even if they fall short here they should be in position to be competing for cup for seasons to come. But even as we have seen some droughts end there are still multiple teams that have had to wait for more than 25 seasons by now. Toronto hasn’t won since S35, Minnesota since S39, Baltimore since S47, Calgary since S50 and Manhattan since S52, which of these teams do you think is in best position to end their drought and why?

Code:
10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Took Me By Surprise
Pick a one SHL or SMJHL team, that isn’t your own, that did not play as you would have expected at the beginning of the season. Did they do better or worse than you expected? Why you think your expectations were off, can you find an explanation for their performance? Does this change how you view them going into next season?

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Give Me More
When things stay the same for too long there is risk of them becoming stale, so to ensure that doesn’t happen we need to add something or to something and as you were just elected as dictator of SHL you get to make the pick. Are we going to have more games? Maybe add few teams or 4th lines to current ones? Could even add more stats to spend our TPE by not standardazing the mental stats? What or to what would you add and why?

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Is It Always The Same?
IIHF is short tournaments with only 12 round robin games for each team, which leads to huge swings from season to season when it comes to standings. Same is true for the WJC as well. With that in mind what do you think will be different from last season? Do you expect things to change for your team or player? And what you expect to stay the same?

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Out With The Old, In With The New
Team Russia got replaced by Quebec, which for sure got people talking about the IIHF. What other nations/regions would you like to see get their own team? Would you think they should replace current teams and if so which ones would you seek to replace? And most importantly, why you think that teams you picked would be more interesting or improve the IIHF in general?

Code:
14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 78 Challenge Cup! So who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

TPE scale reminder:
50-99 words, 1 TPE
100-149 words, 2 TPE
150-199 words, 3 TPE
200+ words, 4 TPE

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE, Saw It Coming
Create an image that appears like it could be posted on teams social media, that highlights an unexpected series result from these playoffs, must include at least team logos and series score.

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Don’t Miss This
Create a “photo” that could be used on top of an article written about finals, must include at least single player from each team. You can include the headline of the article, more clickbaity the better (though not extra TPE no matter how good it is)

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, Participation Banner
The team’s owner is complaining that the rafters in your arena are looking empty. You’ve been tasked with creating a banner for one of your team’s achievements this season. Did you get eliminated in round one? Sounds like a banner to me! Did you lose a record number of road games? Banner! Win the cup? I guess that’s a banner too.

Code:
18. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphics-master procrastinator! Much like the written-word-loving procrastinator, you too have a special task! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

Code:
19. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S78 Challenge Cup series
-The S78 Four Star Cup series
-An S78 IIHF preview
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

THIS IS DUE SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH , AT 23:59 PST.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

CW Pass

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

CW Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

CW pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2024, 06:04 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 2 times in total.)

Affiliate task - 3 tpe - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid838831

Task 1 Trivia - 1.5 tpe - RandomGuessesOnlyNeededParticipationTPE

Task 12 - 203 words - 4 tpe -

Playing in the IIHF is always a pleasure, and as team Switzerland we have been able to bring home the gold and a couple of silver medals as well. It is also hard to predict what will happen as we even won medals in years where people predicted us to end last in the tournament, so this is also the mindset we will use year in year out. Let the others predict us doing bad, we will show them how it is done on the ice, and hopefully with that we will end up with some great results also on the ice. While we usually split the games a lot in Switzerland, my player is regressing so what I expect to change is that the other goaltender will take over from me eventually and with that seeing my game total decline a bit, but keep in mind Montagne is not ready to go down without a fight. She will continue to play hard and work hard for every training hour she can still get in, she hopes to at least win another gold medal down the road, so Switzerland should hopefully come well prepared to the next tournament and achieve this success together.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

CW Pass

Blizzard
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: yRQ5DtN.png][Image: ZSWcyJU.png]

CW Pass

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4

[Image: efischermann.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

CW pass

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 06:10 AM by the5urreal. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

moist
+3 TPE

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, Participation Banner
The team’s owner is complaining that the rafters in your arena are looking empty. You’ve been tasked with creating a banner for one of your team’s achievements this season. Did you get eliminated in round one? Sounds like a banner to me! Did you lose a record number of road games? Banner! Win the cup? I guess that’s a banner too.

[Image: GikF8gz.png]
+ 3 TPE

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Derek Martin is player with most points that plays in finals. Los Angeles has 3 other players that are also above or tied in points with Tampa’s Max Carnage. Does Los Angeles have advantage on scoring or does it just seem like it as they have also played 3 more games?
3. Many of Tampa Bay’s defencemen, like Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and John Brown have better defensive stats compared to Panthers defencemen. Do you think they can keep shutting down the offensive of Los Angeles or do you think that Los Angeles defencemen just appear worse because of the tougher opponents they have had to face?
4. Before finals both goalies have pretty similar Goals Against Average, Soonika leading 2.51 to 2.55, but Brzeczyszczykiewicz has edge on save percentage 0.927 to 0.919. Which of the teams do you think has edge on net?
5. Finals can often come down to smallest details and teams are looking for any edge they can have. On average Tamba Bay players have longer names by almost 2 characters, how can either of the teams take advantage of that?
6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

6. This may or may not have been Atticus Hale's final season as a New Orleans Specter. Honestly, it wasn't how I imagined Hale's final season playing out or even the last few seasons. S78 was arguably the worst season of his career. Atticus is coming up on the major milestone of 1,000 career points and at the rate he's contributed the past couple seasons that might take two more seasons to achieve. My hope is that he'll be able to hit that milestone next season but it's unlikely.
[89 words]
+2 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

GM /CW Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. It Has Been A While

I think that the situation in the league is very interesting. As a member of Toronto ''North Stars'', it seems like we are decent, but just can't get rid of Toronto ''Maple Leafs'' curse and get past the first round. I think that we have a good chance to end our drought, but it's not based only on how good we are. This is a simulation project and a lot of stuff is based on luck as well. I didn't expect that we will see Los Angeles ''Panthers'' and Tampa Bay ''Barracuda'' in the Finals, but here we are. However, I want to predict that ''North Stars'' will end their drought faster than other teams. There are no reason why I am saying that. It's just because of patriotism. I think that Baltimore ''Platoon'' has pretty decent chances too. However, I would put Calgary ''Dragons'' ar Manhattan ''Rage'' much lower in expectations, because those squads haven't been decent for a while now. Mineesota ''Monarchs'' aren't giving me feeling that they might won it too. I think that ''North Stars'' and ''Platoon'' have best chances and it's just because those teams are pretty solid at this moment. They aren't re-building right now and they can compete. I think that both of these squads are pretty close to the Finals and if they would've made it, it's only one more series to win it all. Simple.

234 words - 4 TPE

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Took Me By Surprise

I think that I wasn't expecting to see Buffalo ''Stampede'' that low in the standings. They finished regular season in the 12th position in the entire entire league. They still scored more goals than allowed, but they were worse than average. For me ''Stampede'' has always been a team which is competing for a title no matter what. My previous player was playing for them and we were always title contenders. It was a surprise for me to see them that low. However, they proved in the play-offs that some things just doesn't change. They still won in seven games against my Toronto ''North Stars'' and qualified for the second round. They lost in five games against Baltimore ''Platoon'', but they still had a solid season and finished in TOP 8. I know that they have much higher goals, but for a guy who plays for a squad which can't get past the first round, it's just weird. We are fighting to get in the play-offs and when we do, we get eliminated by underdogs. Crazy. I am pretty sure that they will perform even better next season. ''Stampede'' is a winning team and they will figure it all out. This team rarely has a bad season and I don't think it will change, because it just doesn't feel right.

220 words - 4 TPE

TOTAL - 8 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

CW Pass

CW Pass