Create Account

S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2024, 09:59 PM by enigmatic. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Verification Word (3)

2. (3)
At first glance, one would indeed assume Los Angeles have the advantage offensively but you're right, three more games have been played by the Californian team. I still think that, yes, LA has a deeper offensive lineup than Tampa Bay and we've proved it in the series so far. We did beat them in a 4-0 shutout in game 1 and then by 7 goals in game 2. I'd also like to mention that, since Derek and Max are the players we talk about in this question, Derek Martin scores when it matters most, with 4 GWG so far during the playoffs.

Also, if we look at our road to the finals, it's easy to see why we've played 3 more games. We faced our eternal rivals San Francisco, who are each year favoured to win the cup, and Texas who also have a super competitive team. I'm really impressed by Tampa's quick handling of their opponents and I don't dismiss their quality but I don't think a lot of people had us even beating the Pride.

6. (2)
To say this season has gone well for me would be an understatement. I've accomplished pretty much all I wanted on the league in a single season. I finally won a challenge cup after 9 years of nothing and not only that, I've had a point per game season as a defenseman. I was getting really discouraged about the league lately because I am a max earner and I never get results for the time I invest but this time everything clicked and I can finally look back and be proud of my season. I don't really have many expectations for the next but I hope my build keeps working well and I can help the Panthers during the regular season and the playoffs.

(8/8)

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

CW Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 04:49 AM by Chris-McZehrl. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Kopitar

2. The Depth of the Los Angeles Panthers should and will be the key factor in my opinion. You can have one or two stars but if they sitting on the bench then what? so in my opinion a very strong depth brings more to any team instead of one or two stars. You can compare it with the NHL. You always need your good depth players to win cups. if you need to save the money for only one or two players you see what happens with Toronto in the NHL as example. This depth is very low in comparison to other teams they have and had more success in the last 30 years. 114 words = 2 TPE

3. I see here the problem, that those two Tampa Def Defender arent on the ice the whole game so that means they cant shut down the whole team. So they will need surely the whole team to compete against the Los Angeles Panthers and try to win game against them. 50 words = 1 TPE

8. In my opinion there is no advantage for any team if you look back at the playoff history before the finals. This series starts at 0-0 so that means all is possible and those wins and losses from before counts 0% for the finals. I cant wait to see this battle and may the better team win the cup. 59 words = 1 TPE

9. I am not a fan of bring the finger on organisations and say, look they are on a cup drought and no one knows when happen the nix cup win. Its not fair to their players in the past and today. Any team is a standalone in my opinion. Tampa as example won the last cup on the old brand and location. This was the Seattle Riot in Season 18 with a very surprising win and also surprising finals. Both Cup finalists werent predicted to be there. But the Minnesota Chiefs were fighting against the Seattle Riot and finally Seattle Riot won their first ever cup. I hope for them to win many more in the future. 117 words = 2 TPE

11. I would add more teams to the league if you have too many players not knowing there places or give them better spots on the lineups. 4th Line would limit the ice time of members and that could demotivate members and with that they could leave as actives the league. That shouldnt be the goal. I wouldnt touch the mental skills because what I know at the time we had this change to FHM, that this would be a desaster for the sim. So this way isnt also a good one. I only see to bring up more teams. Let's see what happens in the future of the SHL and with that the activity of all those members they should belong to be in the 1st or 2nd line instead of the 3rd line or something else. Actually I am totally ok with the case that members sitting their first seasons in the SMJHL. I only would think about the fact like rookie status, that the regression count starts with the first SHL Season and not the send down seasons. That also would then make sure that the league could hold on more teams until the teams number we have actually. It also would be more fair in the relation to have SHL Seasons. But that is only my opinion and I have this since around 9-10 years. 228 words = 4 TPE

14. With the 3-1 lead of the Los Angeles Panthers over the Tampa Bay Barracudas I see the Panthers winning the whole series with this three matchballs and with that winning the Challenge Cup in Season 78. This team was in Season 78 in my opinion the team with the best roster and that means we have a well deserving Challenge Cup winner in Season 78. 65 words = 1 TPE

small mention: I know I can only earn 8 TPE but it was fun this time so I made more tasks Smile

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

1. CW TRIVIA - 3/8 tpe

lucki

7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why? 6/8 tpe

As a member of Maine Timber only option is to say ourselves. We have managed to build amazing roster for this season with development of our own draft picks as also trading for big pieces. With all these pieces Southpaw has managed to build 3 really balanced lines which all can play both ways. We showed what we are capable of in the regular season with dominant 51-11-4 record and going undefeated in our home rink. The cup train hasn't slowed down in the playoffs either with going 4-1 series wins in every round so far to the finals. Nothing to take away from Kelowna who made it to the finals from the north conference, but I believe the most toughest opponents where coming from our south division so im not worried about Kelowna at all. They have had solid season so far and have been impressive in playoffs so far, but Maine's dominance will be too much for them.

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Took Me By Surprise 8/8 tpe

From J's We gotta have some conversations about Anchorage Armada. Finishing first in their conference regular season and second in the whole league with really solid performances all around. They had all the keys to go far in the playoffs, but their run ended up quickly against last place Thunder Bay. Not only they lost to them, but they got SWEEPED. One of the reasons is Thunder Bay's Grant Berd who posted around 0.940 save percentage in the series. He played big part in their sweep, but also big part of the series was that Anchorage's second and third line got shutdown completely during the series. Even their first line was fairly limited so their scoring was non existent.

GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

GM CW Pass

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Verification word: go leafs

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one? (100 words 2 TPE)
Answer: Looking back at Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava’s rookie season in eason seventy eight it was quite disappointing being the worst forward on the Toronto North Stars offensively in terms of point totals and near the bottom of the league in general. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava is really hoping to have a much stronger sophomore season and this offseason Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava is looking to improve his player build and other areas of training. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava will specifically be focusing on improving his puck handling abilities, shooting accuracy, offensive awareness, passing as well as his speed, balance and strength.

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Out With The Old, In With The New (150 words 3 TPE)
Answer: Ukraine should have its own international ice hockey team represented in the International Ice Hockey Federation hockey tournament for the SHL. A national ice hockey team serves as a powerful symbol of national identity, fostering unity and pride among citizens. Ukraine has faced significant challenges in recent years, including Russia military invasion and war in Ukraine. Representing Ukraine in international sports competitions like the IIHF tournament would offer Ukrainians around the world a unifying point of pride and a way to project national strength on the world stage. The inclusion of a Ukrainian hockey team in the IIHF tournament would also greatly boost the development of the sport within the country. While ice hockey may not be Ukraine's most popular sport, its participation in international tournaments can inspire future generations of athletes. The presence of a national team would likely lead to increased investment in hockey infrastructure, such as rinks and training facilities, and a focus on youth development programs to nurture future talent.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Task 1 (3 TPE):
Verification word: tpe

Task 2 (211 words, 4 TPE):

From one perspective, you can look at the relatively higher scoring roster of the Los Angeles Panthers in the current playoff year and determine a significant advantage over their opponents, the Tampa Bay Barracuda. There are a number of reasons, however, why this may not be particularly insightful analysis as a surface level read on the situation. When it comes to the Challenge Cup Finals, every team that makes it that far has a wildly different path each year. This is not to say one is easier or harder than the other, although that could very well be true. What it does mean is that relative team strengths and weaknesses, the opponents they face, and the often random elements of shooting percentages and goaltending can play a part in shaping narratives that may or may not actually exist. A given series can turn into a barn-burning shootout or grind to a halt as teams choke each other out defensively, all within the context of the events of that series. It takes a great deal of analytical insight to comb through these series for insight about how they came to be. When it comes to a seven game series, it is more about how the teams match up than what happened previously.

Task 11 (55 words, 1 TPE):
There are several things I would consider to improve the SHL. First of all, scoring inflation is beyond the pale. Unquestionable to me that this needs to be reined in and significantly. Secondly, I would direct FHM proficient people to help develop balanced archetype build layouts with hard caps on certain attributes depending on playstyle.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

GM Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

CW Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

CW Pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

GM Pass

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 08:13 PM by Tripl3tsGamer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1 (3 TPE max.) :
Verification word: slowed

Task 5:
I don’t think player’s names will do a difference in the finals. It’s not a stat that should be considered to compare against teams. In fact, players have their name from the creativity of the users in the SHL community. It won’t change anything in the statistics of a team whenever of not a player’s name is 1 character or 100 characters.

62 words - 1 TPE

Task 8:
In my opinion, I think the Tampa Bay Barracuda will struggle against their opponents. The Los Angeles Panthers will get their advantage in the playoff race. The reason? The experience. In fact, even if Tampa Bay has the most points in the season and they got an easy path to go in the playoffs, their players haven’t got a single playoff finale. This will hurt the team because the final of a playoff is way different than the whole playoffs race, they faced off. I think the Panthers will get an advantage with their veterans, who had won the series in s75.

102 words - 2 TPE

Task 9:
I think the best team who will end his drought is the Calgary Dragons. In fact, Calgary has a bright future coming up with plenty of new rookies coming up for the next seasons who are active at the time. I’m sure that it’s going to be a strong team, especially in the nets because their new goalies are very active in this league that can perform well in the next seasons. It will only take a few times before seeing in the top of the league soon. Pretty sure they have the higher chances to get the cup before the other ones.

103 words - 2 TPE

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

1. CW TRIVIA - Verification word - Done

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Halkoholic

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Give Me More
When things stay the same for too long there is risk of them becoming stale, so to ensure that doesn’t happen we need to add something or to something and as you were just elected as dictator of SHL you get to make the pick. Are we going to have more games? Maybe add few teams or 4th lines to current ones? Could even add more stats to spend our TPE by not standardazing the mental stats? What or to what would you add and why?

I really like all these suggestions except adding new teams and more games. I fail to see the need to add new teams constantly. We should have expanded primarily by extending teams to run 12F 6D 2G for that sweet normal lineup that teams use instead of the current "scuffed" format where we only have nine forwards. It's simply ridiculous that the prior HOs declared that more teams is more fun instead of making the tactics format be somewhat reasonable. I declare as a dictator that we will move forward in time and add fourth lines. IF there are troubles with enough players we simply delete some teams (I am dictator it is perfectly legal). Making mental attributes buyable would also be a step forward. I have no understanding of why we have to keep them at 15. Perhaps I want to make a very selfish player. With the stats stuck at 15 it is going to decide quite a lot about how my player behaves and it is something this league should understand. Mentals are a key part in how a player behaves in sims and it is ruining or lessening the impact of tactical sense as all players have some standardized way they behave now. Second decision as dictator: removing mental lock.

[214 words] +4 TPE

Code:
6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?

I have high expectations for my player. This season was decent but not good enough. I broke 1k TPE and the team has been growing in TPE a lot. I believe this might be the big breakout season for Niclas Sundqvist. I am setting myself up for disappointment going into the season with high expectations, but a great reward if it does happen!

[63 words] +1 TPE

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]