S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST

HO CW pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

CW Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2024, 09:42 AM by karey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Graphic, 3 TPE, Participation Banner
[Image: IMG-0623.jpg]

Trivia Code:
Karey

Procrastinator Special:
The Los Angeles Panthers won again. Honestly, it’s no surprise they’re set to repeat this season. Just look at who they’re up against, the Tampa Bay Barracudas. I gotta believe the only way a barracuda, a fish that thrives in the ocean, playing on ice, wins, is if they play a team like Atlanta Inferno, or Philadelphia Forge, whose heat would melt the ice. It doesn’t add up to expect victory over a panther team, although ice is technically frozen water, but, it’s more like solid ground. A barracuda can’t survive on land, or skate across it. Panthers, on the other hand, are land predators, and this is their element. Everything is stacked in the Panthers’ favor. Also the color palette of Tampa Bay isn’t my favourite as they vs the best color pallet in the league. It should be a clean sweep any time These two meet

CW Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: zowAsIS.jpeg]

1. shuff

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2024, 10:49 AM by steveoiscool. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW Trivia - 3 TPE
verification word: sven

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Took Me By Surprise (117 words, 2 TPE)

I'd say Kelowna took me by surprise. Honestly, I didn't realize they had such a good season after not doing too hot for the last couple, but then they kinda ripped through playoffs in general and brought perennial powerhouse Maine to 6 games before finally falling. I know it always has to sting when you get so far and end up finishing just short of the ultimate goal, but they've got a lot to be proud of this season and hopefully they have got enough left for next season to keep building on the success they enjoyed this season. You have to think they're not too far away from being cup favorites after a season like this.

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Is It Always The Same? (165 words, 3 TPE)

IIHF and WJC tend to get piled on a bit more than the rest of the leagues just cause they're kinda easy to make fun of in my opinion. There's always a couple of feds that are underperforming because on barely active GMs, low recruitment, or both. But if you look at the last couple of seasons, things have hardly gone according to "plan". It seems to be pretty common knowledge that Canada and USA are the powerhouses, for roster availability at least. Sweden I'd say is pretty close right behind them. However, if you look at the past 5 seasons those teams are not even in the medal rounds more often than some of the smaller, less known teams. IIHF and WJC are a pretty welcome distraction, and honestly if people would give it more of a chance, there's a lot of pretty compelling results that come out of it. I would even go so far as to say there's a lot of PARITY.

8/8

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2024, 10:01 AM by Bfine. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Sota +3

9. No bias whatsoever but I think Calgary has the best chance out of all of these teams to break their challenge cup loss streak. Calgary has a lot of young players and will be solid when it comes to forwards and goalies for a long time. Defense if probably their biggest question mark right now, but they have a lot of good young players and should be a competitive force in a couple seasons. Out of the other teams, I think Toronto and Manhattan both have the best chances. Manhattan has a lot of good young players and should start being competitive soon and potentially make a cup run once their team matures. Toronto is the closest one of those 5 in my opinion, already a decent regular season team and still a pretty young team, they have potential to win the East in the next couple seasons and maybe even win the cup. (154 words, +3 TPE)

10. In the SHL, I did not expect Tampa Bay to do as well as they did. I figured they would be a playoff team, but I did not expect them to finish top of the East and make it to the Challenge Cup finals. With how young that team is I doubt this is the last time they will be there in the near future as well. In the SMJHL, I did not expect Anchorage to finish 2nd in the league. As a pretty young team, I thought it would be a down year for the Armada, but they surprised everyone by finishing 2nd. While they didn’t have playoff success, they could be a scary team for the next couple seasons. (121 words, +2 TPE)

+8 TPE overall

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

PH

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

Posting to remove from checklist. This PT is not for my player.

1. tentacles
+3 TPE

I would like to see an actual sovereign nation put into the IIHF, I would petition for a Team Haudenosaunee to be put into the IIHF. An all indigenous team that has been recognized by the USA and Canada and competes in the world box lacrosse and world field lacrosse championships. It would be a seamless transition into competing in the IIHF and WJC, it would welcome anyone from around the world that would want to join the team and not be limited to one specific geographical location. (88 words) +1 TPE

It looks like the Los Angeles Panthers have taken home the Challenge Cup again, they also won in Season 75. The Panthers took a 3-0 series lead against the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and despite the Barracuda trying to rally after two straight wins in Game 4 and Game 5, Los Angeles would take Game 6 to close out the series. Tampa Bay was only able to pot 5 goals in the first 3 games of the series, with Los Angeles outscoring them 17-5. Opening the series with a shutout win in game 1, Los Angeles never looked back and held the lead throughout the series. Tampa Bay was able to start scoring more consistently in games 5 and 6, tallying a total of 11 but it was too little too late. The Panthers would close out this series the same way they opened it, with a shutout win. Tampa Bay just went down 3-0 in the series and it is always hard to bounce back after being down by that much. If they were down 2-1 instead, the series might have turned out a bit differently. With a 3-0 deficit they had to play perfect for 4 straight games which is a tough task for any team and any roster. (210 words) +4 TPE

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

1. Trivia
Verification Word: tib

3/3 TPE

2. Derek Martin is player with most points that plays in finals. Los Angeles has 3 other players that are also above or tied in points with Tampa’s Max Carnage. Does Los Angeles have advantage on scoring or does it just seem like it as they have also played 3 more games?

Derek Martin does indeed lead the league in points in this post season. The Los Angeles Panthers have a really high octane team without a doubt. However I think it is important to not rule out the depth that Tampa Bay has. It has really been their strength this season that they can score from not just the first line but the second, third and fourth lines when needed. The real question is going to be if the Panthers team can continue to generate high offense when Tampa's strong defense are shutting them down. Well...watching the final there I guess we see how that shook out.
106 words

2/2 TPE

4. 4. Before finals both goalies have pretty similar Goals Against Average, Soonika leading 2.51 to 2.55, but Brzeczyszczykiewicz has edge on save percentage 0.927 to 0.919. Which of the teams do you think has edge on net?

I think looking in net it really comes down to a coin flip. Both goalies have done well in the post season. The edge might go slightly to Brzeczyszczykiewicz as they have posted 3 shutouts going into the series and Soonika only posting 1. While I would say the Goals saved above average, goals against average, and save percent are the more important stats I think it could be noted that Brzeczyszczykiewicz might have a better chance and blocking all shots in comparison to Soonika. As I initially stated, I really do think it is a coin flip on which goalie is going to have the upper hand here.

109 words

2/2 TPE

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?
Not going to lie it has not been a great season for Tibuk Soonika. He struggled mighty at the start of the season and while his stats would eventually even out I think there were lots of games where he would post a 100 GDR and still let in a goal. Next season will hopefully see an improvement.
58 words

1/1 TPE

Total = 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Task 1 trivia - Banana Pudding

3/3 TPE pls

Posting to remove from checklist. This PT is not for my player.

CW pass

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3