Create Account

S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST

+3 - 0. One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

SSL Affiliate: PT Submission Thread / Actual PT Submission (Not sure if you need the PT submission link or the actual PT link so I gave both.)

+3 - 1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Verification word: word

+2 121 words - 12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Is It Always The Same?

I expect France to continue to surprise people with their improving roster. Bolstered by several transfers over the last few seasons, the French are looking to prove themselves alongside the other powerhouses of the league. Many Quebecois players that had not yet had a chance to play for Canada found a home in the French IIHF team, and it came as a bit of a shock when Quebec got its own team on the IIHF stage. Despite this, all of the Quebecois transfers decided to stay in France as they could truly feel that something special was happening there. It will never be easy to compete against the larger nations, but France is committed to excellence and so are its players.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Squally

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?

Season 78 for Brooklyn Physt honestly started slow. The showing was her first as the newly minted Captain of the Toronto North Stars and did not feel like the coming out party it ought to have been. She did manage to match last seasons point total of 29. But this time it was without significant power play time. Toronto certainly does not struggle with having too few Offensive Defenceman, but this does leave her “taking one for the team” as it were. Next season should see the Stargang push toward the Challenge Cup and that is worth more than anything.

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. It Has Been A While
Tampa Bay has potential to end the longest standing cup drought in the league, even longer than what San Francisco ended by winning their first cup in S76, and even if they fall short here they should be in position to be competing for cup for seasons to come. But even as we have seen some droughts end there are still multiple teams that have had to wait for more than 25 seasons by now. Toronto hasn’t won since S35, Minnesota since S39, Baltimore since S47, Calgary since S50 and Manhattan since S52, which of these teams do you think is in best position to end their drought and why?

Well all of these teams have been working their way back to challenging for it all. Given that Tampa Bay just lost the finals here, I think they’ve proven that they have the next best shot. The Barracuda have been building toward this moment since shortly after S65 with their current core and had their big coming out party this past ssason.

The next closest in my opinion is probably a tie between Toronto and Baltimore. Both of whom had strong S78 seasons though had different outcomes in the playoffs. Perhaps the Platoon have the slight edge, having fallen in the East Finals to Tampa. Whereas the Toronto North Stars lost in 7 to the Buffalo Stampede in round 1. In the case of the Stargang, they’ve made some moves here in the off-season to signal that they are serious about challenging for the Challenge Cup. The belief in their core and the continued development of their players, shows a massive buy in for the system and management’s view of the team’s trajectory.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 08:41 PM by Thunfish. Edited 1 time in total.)

1 - Portimonense

6 - I think I can say this was a pretty successful season for Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen all things considered. I myself do not care much about All-Star Games and all that but it was pretty nice to see my player make the roster on merit and all though that really was more of the team's tactical system benefitting my player than my player being that amazing if you ask me. Of course, I am looking forward to improving with the team Sunrise is playing for since I think we still have plenty of ground to travel through as is but it was nice to see that we are getting some things right still.

I guess I only expect improvement for next season. I mean, we still have plenty of room to go up and all so I should expect that but I am realistic about it. Should we go on to win the Cup all of a sudden and I will be pretty proud of it but I think even a modest improvement is already pretty good. Getting over the first round would be pretty nice as is... not being paired up with the Pride would help with that but I guess it will be luck of the draw and all.

13 - Look, not on me to say anything about these prompts but are you sure about that? Asking about what people think from a separationist province having a team in an international tournament is a bit bold, hah. I really do not know what to say about it besides how unrealistic it is. I mean, yeah, sure, not like we are operating with a very realistic setting and all that but I feel like there is a difference between the fantastic and the... somewhat questionable if it happened in real life.

I did make a Team Moon crest though, would be fine if you went with that instead.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Small details are not always small details. You want an edge, take every edge you can possibly get. Tampa Bay players have longer names by almost 2 characters and if we would like to spin that into something positive for Tampa Bay, we could definitely say that teams with more money a lot of times have more success. So when we sell jerseys, we charge per letter of the name Embroidered on the back. Making a few extra dollars here, making a few extra dollars there, winds up being a whole bunch of extra dollars and extra dollars convert to extra good things, even on the ice.
On the other hand, you wanna spin it the other way if you have less letters on the back of jerseys, you can make the font bigger. Old people watch hockey too, and they don’t always have good vision, (and they have probably lost their glasses tbh) but if they can read the names better maybe they can connect with the players better and then they root for them more and we all know that a cheering crowd boosts morale. What’s good at getting the players to try harder and score more goals? Morale. Boom roasted.

Words- 203
TPE 4

This season was amazing stupendous tremendous wonderful and beautiful. Do we really truly expect anything less from our baby faced wonder kid? It was huge. It was the hugest season you’ve ever seen. What do we expect from the next season? Obviously, we expected to be even more amazeballs to the walls. There’s gonna be goals there’s going to be points. There’s even probably going to be a little getting jiggy with it. 
NoNo Jo is getting pulled up to the major league this season and he is very excited to play with his BFF By-Tor on the eyes. Obviously By-Tor has more experience, but he is now an aging old man and NoNo Jo hopes to suck the experience and knowledge out of him like a vampire Olivia Rodrigo style, and basically absorb his greatness and become a legend. He also hopes to score some goals, win some fights, and all over kick ass.
NoNo Jo would like to gain a larger social media following on both insta and chirper. He loves posting to his story. He hopes to kiss babies, break champagne bottles across ships for the maiden voyages and even crank the canes siren as a guest voted most wanted by the chirper fans.

Words- 206
TPE 4

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 08:48 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
Impacted piles

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one? 40+ words +1 tpe

It was a great season for Walt "Clyde" Frazier on a personal level. He played first line center and filled a lot of important roles on the team. On a team level, they managed to make the second round of the playoffs, so quite good.

Next season, Walt expects to still play center, although he may be relegated to second line, not sure yet. Either way, he'll be kicking some butt and taking names for the New Orleans Specters.

19. Podcast, 4 TPE

https://m.soundcloud.com/mesbonk/bsh-cw-78

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word - Sunday

3TPE

3/8 TPE

8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Path
Los Angeles comes to finals after two seven game seriesses while Tampa Bay has only lost one game after the first round and they have 3 less games during the playoffs. Do you think Tampa Bay gets meaningful advantage from seemingly easier path to the finals as they come in more rested? Or is there no stopping the train of the Los Angeles after they fought their way through teams that finished second and third during regular season? How do you think the path to the finals will impact the series and does it change who you favor?

This is always a tricky one for me. I think it all comes down to the team chemistry. Some teams can build mometuem from playing a lot of meaniful, do or die games. A team that keeps winning against all odds, a team that is continuely the team that must win to keep going can go together as a team that refuses to give up. In my mind this gives them a slight edge over ther oppenent. They now how to win when they need to win. Now if this is a team that has trouble closing out a series, and they keep having to save themselves from a come from behind win, that can take a different toll on a team. They might start questioning themselves, do they have what it takes? And for a team that hasn't had to play as many emilination games, they build a certain type of confidence. They feel that they are playing on a different level than other teams. This is theirs to lose. But having too many days off could hurt, they might lose their winning edge. Although rest days are great for the body, it can be a blessing or a curse. In these finals, I have to give the edge to the Panthers. They are riding the high of getting through a couple of tough series, they are bringing the momentuem, but they need to take control of the series early. Get Tampa Bay off their game, make them question their ability to close out this series quickly, and make them wonder if they have what it takes.

Words - 272 - 4 TPE

7/8 TPE

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Took Me By Surprise
Pick a one SHL or SMJHL team, that isn’t your own, that did not play as you would have expected at the beginning of the season. Did they do better or worse than you expected? Why you think your expectations were off, can you find an explanation for their performance? Does this change how you view them going into next season?

Honestly, since I've been back in the SHL, I haven't really paid too much attention to the SHL, that'll change now that I'm moving up to the big leagues next season. But my knowledge of the current make up of the SHL is just not up to par. So, me seeing the Tampa Bay Barracuda in the finals, is a surprise. My memories of Tampa Bay are not about being a top team in the league, but a team that had trouble winning games in the regular season. I think it's great that they have turned those tables, well done Tampa Bay!

Word count - 107 - 2 TPE

8/8 TPE

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 08:47 PM by Bonk. Edited 2 times in total.)

1.  Belly

5. Those additional letters could be quite a factor in this series as when the letter extend further across the shoulder’s is could interfere with the player mobility and flexibility while in the ice. That little bit a free movement could have a huge impact in favor of the Los Angeles and clearly that turned out to be true.
Words ~58

19. https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/bsh-cw-78

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

1. PBE Affiliation

2. CW Trivia
Toast

Code:
I never expected that Toasty was going to be a Stevens winner, but getting that was really cool (even if I agree that Krash should've been the winner of it). This season I expected that we were going to see more of that but NOPE he falls off the face of the Earth and is one of the worst performers on a team that is still performing extremely well offensively. I'm hoping that this season we are going to see Toasty turn around and step up while fighting off regression. There is still determination in the locker room for the team to compete and Toasty is going to need to be part of that.
110 words = 2TPE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

CW Pass

[Image: mysteriousfish.png]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]

@MuNk22 with the amazing sig

1. CW Trivia - droop +3 max

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 09:10 PM by Wheels.)

Code:
verification: bender

CW 78

1. bananas

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

1. CW Trivia verification word: rags
+3

8. Path to the finals (209 words +4)
Now normally I would say that it’s a 50/50 that Tampa either has a huge advantage over Los Angeles from the down time with all that rest, or they have a huge disadvantage from the down time because they’ve just been sitting around waiting to play someone, and they have perhaps gotten rusty. In the real world, we have seen both happen. It is usually a complete toss up whether the rested team wins and it’s blamed on their extra rest, or they lose and it’s blamed on them being rusty from all the off time. All this tells is that it really has no effect whatsoever. Now of course, this is real life. In the Simulation Hockey League world, I don’t think it really matters all that much who has a lot of rest and who is just coming off a couple seven game series’s in a row. I have seen 425 TPE goalies stop 55 shots for a shutout in a game and 2k TPE goalies let in 5 goals on 7 shots in that same game. This will just lead me down a path of complaining about realism in the SHL and probably cause me to go on a rant about regression so I’ll stop here.

11. Give me more (121 words +2)
If I was the new dictator of the SHL there would a few things I would work toward changing. First and foremost, I would take a good hard look at regression and try to figure something else out. I will die on the hill that regression happens way too early, and that it’s basically the equivalent of a player starting to fall from their prime around the age of 27, which is usually when a player is in their prime and will be for a few more years. If a player is getting over a point per game, it seems odd that the next season they just regress so much that they loose 200 tpe and suddenly are a third liner.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2024, 09:30 PM by gurbs. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW +3: word

12. [204 words +4] Last season’s early exit for Tony Soprano and Team Sweden was a tough pill to swallow. With the short, intense format of the IIHF tournament, where just 12 round robin games determine everything, the margin for error is incredibly small. A single off night can change the trajectory of an entire season. Despite the disappointment, Tony has his eyes firmly set on bouncing back stronger than ever.

This season, Tony is focused on one goal: bringing Sweden back to the top and securing a gold medal. He knows that to do so, the team must learn from last year's mistakes. They’ve come into this season with a sharper edge, a renewed sense of urgency, and more cohesion as a unit. Tony himself has been working on his game, refining his skills, and improving his mental toughness. He’s determined to lead by example, knowing that his performance will set the tone for the entire squad.

While much will change this season in terms of strategy and execution, one thing remains constant: Tony's relentless drive to win. The hunger for gold has never been stronger, and Tony knows that this season is their chance to reclaim glory for Sweden on the world stage.

13. [50 words +1] I’d love to see teams like Atlantis or Transylvania join the IIHF. Atlantis would bring some serious underwater puck-handling skills, while Transylvania could intimidate opponents with vampire goalies. No need to replace anyone, but adding mythical cities would definitely make international hockey a lot more fun!

[Image: gurbs.gif]

1. CW Trivia - Verification word : Moisty - 3 TPE

6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one? (174 words) 3 TPE

This season for my player has been a bit disappointing honestly. After such a strong rookie year, where Elliot was a leader in +/- and points for defenseman, the expectations were higher this year and it seems like he fell flat. The points, assists and +/- were not at the level that I was expecting, which is a shame. However, in terms of advanced stats, he wasn't too bad so maybe it was just some bad luck. For next season, giving that Elliot Alderson now has a cap of 425 TPEs, he will definitely try to improve on last season's performance and become a strong anchor for his team the Detroit Falcons.  Who knows? Having some higher offensives attributes and a different role such as Quarterback might make Elliot pop off and become one of the best defenseman in the SMJHL. This is the thing with this league, we can never really predict who is going to be at the top of the leaderboards, it all depends on who prays to the sim gods the most.  

11. Give Me More (105 words) 2 TPE

Honestly, I wouldn't mind and would be even curious to see what would happen if we could modify our mental stats attributes. Determination, Team Player, Leadership and Temperament are attributes I would like to see make a difference in our players. I strongly believe that if we could change those attributes, that we would see more variety in the stats and builds of players. Currently, the more TPE you have, the more similar the players are becoming, and it is turning into a game of luck for the simulation of games. Bring on the diversity and change! Let's make the league more interesting and different!

[Image: elliot-alderson-spotlight.png]
Credit: xjoverax