Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 4 2012, 03:28 PM
Illmatic is one of the best albums ever though. Though, I don't know if it'd definitely win. I think it'd be close, honestly.
I'm one of the minority that doesnt care for Nas, never quite got him for some reason.

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCbWLSZrZfw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCbWLSZrZfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

EARL!!

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Dec 4 2012, 07:25 PM
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCbWLSZrZfw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCbWLSZrZfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

EARL!!
Is this a new song or something? I'm fucking sycked if so. I can't wait to listen on my break

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Dec 4 2012, 06:28 PM

Is this a new song or something? I'm fucking sycked if so. I can't wait to listen on my break
Yea New Song and vid.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 4 2012, 01:28 PM
Illmatic is one of the best albums ever though. Though, I don't know if it'd definitely win. I think it'd be close, honestly.

I like the idea as long as we have some filtering. Like Goblin shouldn't make the list even though odd future stans will vote it in and stuff like that.

Also, Illmatic is top 5 album of all time so it isn't crazy mental nas fans dion.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 4 2012, 07:30 PM

I like the idea as long as we have some filtering. Like Goblin shouldn't make the list even though odd future stans will vote it in and stuff like that.

Also, Illmatic is top 5 album of all time so it isn't crazy mental nas fans dion.

Definitely. I'd also say that when nominating an album, you need to post a couple of the best songs from the album so that way people unfamiliar with the album can get a taste of it without having to listen to the whole thing.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 4 2012, 06:30 PM

We will also vote "Bastard" in :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 4 2012, 04:33 PM

Definitely. I'd also say that when nominating an album, you need to post a couple of the best songs from the album so that way people unfamiliar with the album can get a taste of it without having to listen to the whole thing.

totally. Get that shit started. Although you should figure out how many albums and if multiple albums are allowed (I think they should be because Kanye, Jay-z and eminem are all people who came out with multiple good albums)

Definitely multiple. The albums will be nominated separately with no regard to the artist, so if somebody wants to nominate both MMLP and TES, that'd be fine, imo. Honestly, we should have enough for a good chunk of albums. I'd obviously love 128 because then it opens it up for more people to find music they enjoy, but it all depends on how many people wind up nominating.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 4 2012, 04:42 PM
Definitely multiple. The albums will be nominated separately with no regard to the artist, so if somebody wants to nominate both MMLP and TES, that'd be fine, imo. Honestly, we should have enough for a good chunk of albums. I'd obviously love 128 because then it opens it up for more people to find music they enjoy, but it all depends on how many people wind up nominating.

k well get this shit started

Just posted up the nomination page:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry383395

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 4 2012, 07:30 PM

I love OF and I hate Goblin.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

M.O.N.E.Y. by Jay Rock

Each line in each verse starts with a letter in Money.

i.e. 1st verse each starts with M
2nd - O
3rd - N
etc.

Give er a listen folks.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Nov 29 2012, 07:28 AM
Big Boi is a legendary rapper in his own right and a personal favorite of mine but yeah Andre is a top 5 ever imo.

Went and saw Asher Roth last night and there couldn't have been anymore than 100 people there. [b]Was front row and it was a blast, ash was so personal and brought me up on stage and shit. Awesome dude and show, talked about how you should never sell out and let people manipulate your music.
[/b]

[Image: 561551_10151543556254832_1107354367_n.jpg]

Yup :3

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Dec 5 2012, 01:11 AM

[Image: 561551_10151543556254832_1107354367_n.jpg]

Yup :3

DAT FLOW