Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 10:52 PM

Listening again right now. The hook is good, but it's not really enough for me. It really bothers me how much he repeats himself in the song. One thing that bugs me in songs by anybody is when they keep saying shit over-and-over and this song really brutalizes the same lines over-and-over.

Yeah I do agree with you there. I'm not saying it's great or anything, but it's just a song I personally enjoy.

So Far Gone, Comeback Season, Thank Me Later someone review them Tongue Also I have alot of Datpiff Drake Mixtapes... Drizzy is Back, Griffin, Look What you done, RnB Drizzy... should check those out as well.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Dec 21 2012, 10:54 PM

Yeah I do agree with you there. I'm not saying it's great or anything, but it's just a song I personally enjoy.

Yea, I definitely get that. Musically, it's a very sound song.

Echos of Silence, House of Balloons, and Thursday by The Weeknd.... Spangs you should review one of them... I suggest Echos of Silence

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Dec 21 2012, 10:58 PM
Echos of Silence, House of Balloons, and Thursday by The Weeknd.... Spangs you should review one of them... I suggest Echos of Silence

Listened to all of them and fucking love each and every song.

EDIT: His compilation, Trilogy, assuming we count it as an album, is a top 5 album of the year for me, so trust me, I'm into The Weeknd, haha.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 07:53 PM

Tongue

You gave DC2 a 2.9 overall, so pipe down over there, haha.

lol. I know I have a drake review on here somewhere or on the old site i forget.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 10:00 PM

Have you looked at Trilogy yet... It looks like its each Mixtape put into one.. not too sure if there is any exclusive tracks.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 11:00 PM

really? I've been meaning to check out more of The Weeknd's stuff. Only listened to a few songs like "Rescue Me" (I think that's the title) and a couple of others and really liked them. Of course I've heard most of his features as well.

Probably should check out those albums lol

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Dec 21 2012, 11:01 PM

Have you looked at Trilogy yet... It looks like its each Mixtape put into one.. not too sure if there is any exclusive tracks.

Yes, I did. Fwiw, I rated all the songs from the album when I listened to it (didn't post it here & no comments, but whatever):

High for This: 4.25/5
What You Need: 4/5
House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls: 4/5
The Morning: 4.5/5
Wicked Games: 4.75/5
The Party & The After Party: 4/5
Coming Down: 4/5
Loft Music: 4.25/5
The Knowing: 4.5/5
Twenty Eight: 4.5/5
Lonely Star: 4.25/5
Life of the Party: 4.5/5
Thursday: 4/5
The Zone (ft. Drake): 4.5/5
The Birds Part 1: 4.75/5
The Birds Part 2: 4.25/5
Gone: 4.25/5
Rolling Stone: 4/5
Heaven or Las Vegas: 4/5
Valerie: 4.5/5
D.D.: 4.25/5
Montreal: 4.75/5
Outside: 4.5/5
XO / The Host: 5/5
Initiation: 4/5
Same Old Song (ft. Juicy J): 4/5
The Fall: 4.25/5
Next: 4.25/5
Echoes of Silence: 4.25/5
Till Dawn (Here Comes the Sun): 4.5/5

4.32/5

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Dec 21 2012, 11:02 PM

really? I've been meaning to check out more of The Weeknd's stuff. Only listened to a few songs like "Rescue Me" (I think that's the title) and a couple of others and really liked them. Of course I've heard most of his features as well.

Probably should check out those albums lol

Just listen to Trilogy, because it combines all three together and tacks on three bonus tracks.

Didn't have a full album review on the other site. Here is my original review somewhat updated.

1. Over My Dead Body - 4
2. Shot for Me - 4
3. Headline - 3.5
4. Crew Love - 4.5
5. Take Care - 4.5
6. Marvins Room/Buried Alive - 5
7. Underground Kings - 4
8. We'll Be Fine - 3
9. Make Me Proud - 3.5
10. Lord Knows - 4
11. Cameras - 4
12. Doing it wrong ft. Stevie Wonder - 5
- My favorite track on the album
13. The Real Her - 4
14. Look What you've done - 4.5
15. HYFR - 4.5
16. Practice - 4.5
17. The Ride - 3.5
Total: 70/85 = 4.11/5

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 08:06 PM

Yes, I did. Fwiw, I rated all the songs from the album when I listened to it (didn't post it here & no comments, but whatever):

High for This: 4.25/5
What You Need: 4/5
House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls: 4/5
The Morning: 4.5/5
Wicked Games: 4.75/5
The Party & The After Party: 4/5
Coming Down: 4/5
Loft Music: 4.25/5
The Knowing: 4.5/5
Twenty Eight: 4.5/5
Lonely Star: 4.25/5
Life of the Party: 4.5/5
Thursday: 4/5
The Zone (ft. Drake): 4.5/5
The Birds Part 1: 4.75/5
The Birds Part 2: 4.25/5
Gone: 4.25/5
Rolling Stone: 4/5
Heaven or Las Vegas: 4/5
Valerie: 4.5/5
D.D.: 4.25/5
Montreal: 4.75/5
Outside: 4.5/5
XO / The Host: 5/5
Initiation: 4/5
Same Old Song (ft. Juicy J): 4/5
The Fall: 4.25/5
Next: 4.25/5
Echoes of Silence: 4.25/5
Till Dawn (Here Comes the Sun): 4.5/5

4.32/5

DIRTY DIANA IS A 5 U SLUT

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Dec 21 2012, 11:06 PM

Just listen to Trilogy, because it combines all three together and tacks on three bonus tracks.

Is Trilogy something I'll have to "download" or is it a mixtape I can find on something like datpiff?

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Dec 21 2012, 11:16 PM

Is Trilogy something I'll have to "download" or is it a mixtape I can find on something like datpiff?

Well, like I said, it's the three mixtapes (House of Balloons, Thursday, and Echoes of Silence) all combined and remastered. You can simply just get those on datpiff. There's just the three bonus songs, Twenty Eight, Valerie, and Till Dawn (Here Comes the Sun) that'd you have to buy.

Man i said some stupid shit in the music thread on the old site. I called cole's album potentially the best all time lol.

I was right that big krit was gonna blow up though