"So much weed i got grass stains on my pants"

"How you gonna talk shit to diarreah"

"She Kissed my ankle when I twist my ankle"

"Penis Coloda"

This album was fucking garbage.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Mar 26 2013, 01:49 PM

lyrically he's obviously not a great rapper. but musically I guess, he's sick
No lol. He's not good at all, the people who produce his beats do a pretty decent job, and he slaughters them. Give Yeezy or Kendrick or JCole one of his beats and you'd see something great

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 26 2013, 02:17 PM

No lol. He's not good at all, the people who produce his beats do a pretty decent job, and he slaughters them. Give Yeezy or Kendrick or JCole one of his beats and you'd see something great

wut...idk I listen to alotta 2 Chainz so maybe I'm biased, but he makes shit that just gets you hype.

of course Yeezy or Kendrick would do something great with his beats, that's irrelevant though lol

Just because something gets you hyped up doesn't mean it's good imo.

Anyways, I can't believe you guys actually listened to that album... I wouldn't even want to waste my time.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 26 2013, 03:55 PM

Anyways, I can't believe you guys actually listened to that album... I wouldn't even want to waste my time.

I had to massage my ears afterwards. They hurt so fucking bad.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 26 2013, 02:55 PM

I recognize good music, but I listen to more hype music than good music. I guess I blame my friends for that. can't listen to Kendrick with them cause a few of them think he's trash, smh

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/03/mixtape...yne-features/2/

XXL talks their favorite Lil Wayne features. Definitely some great ones in there, but also some questionable decisions.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 26 2013, 02:17 PM

I agree with this. But I do listen to some 2 Chainz, mainly I'm Different and sometimes Birthday Song or No Lie. I prefer anything with Kanye in it just because he's going to make it good, while No Lie I just like Drake's voice when he's singing and not rapping. It's only able to be occasional listens though, can't listen to him too much. I'd love to hear Yeezy or Kendrick with those beats, not too keen on JCole.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Tyler, the Creator - Wolf

Jamba (ft. Hodgy Beats): 3.5/5
Cowboy: 3.75/5
-The hook is pretty bad, which severely hurts this song. However, I find the lyrics here to be clever. Dark, as usual, but clever. Would be a 4-4.25 if it had a better hook.
Awkward: 3.25/5
-Not awful, but kinda weird for Tyler here.
Domo23: 3/5
-Another awful hook. Tyler delivers some funny lines, but it's not enough to save this one.
Answer: 4.25/5
-Qualifies as a deep track as Tyler discusses his father. Still has the typical slurs that are common in his music, but the beat is soothing and Tyler does well on it.
Slater (ft. Frank Ocean): 4/5
-Frank is the man.
48: 3.5/5
Colossus / The Bridge of Love: 4/5
Partyisntover / Campfire / Bimmer (ft. Laettia Sadier & Frank Ocean): 4/5
IFHY (ft. Pharrell): 3.5/5
Pigs: 3.5/5
Parking Lot (ft. Mike G & Casey Veggies): 4/5
Rusty (ft. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt): 4/5
-Didn't fuck with Domo's verse too much, but Tyler went in here.
Trashwang (ft. Na-kel, Jasper, Lucas, L-Boy, Taco, Left Brain & Lee Spielman): 2.5/5
-Not fucking with this one too much. Jasper verse is...dreadful. Lucas' is awful too. Easily the worst song thus far.
Treehome95 (ft. Coco O. & Erykah Badu): 2.75/5
-What?
Tamale (ft. Tallulah): 2.25/5
-Wtf.
Lone / Jornada: 3.75/5
-Another deep track about his grandmother. Not as good as Answer.

59.75/85 -> 3.51/5

Much better than Goblin in my mind and Tyler certainly showed some growth as an artist here. I enjoyed quite a few tracks, but then some (especially towards the end) were straight garbage. I recommend people give it a listen and see which songs they do and do not like, because this is an album where you likely won't enjoy every song.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 27 2013, 05:51 PM

-The hook is pretty bad, which severely hurts this song. However, I find the lyrics here to be clever. Dark, as usual, but clever. Would be a 4-4.25 if it had a better hook.
-Another awful hook. Tyler delivers some funny lines, but it's not enough to save this one.
-Qualifies as a deep track as Tyler discusses his father. Still has the typical slurs that are common in his music, but the beat is soothing and Tyler does well on it.
-Frank is the man.
Rusty (ft. Domo Genesis  & Earl Sweatshirt): 4/5
Trashwang (ft. Na-kel, Jasper, Lucas, L-Boy, Taco, Left Brain & Lee Spielman): 2.5/5
-Not fucking with this one too much. Jasper verse is...dreadful. Lucas' is awful too. Easily the worst song thus far.
-What?
-Wtf.

59.75/85 -> 3.51/5

Much better than Goblin in my mind and Tyler certainly showed some growth as an artist here. I enjoyed quite a few tracks, but then some (especially towards the end) were straight garbage. I recommend people give it a listen and see which songs they do and do not like, because this is an album where you likely won't enjoy every song.
what did you think about production?

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@Mar 27 2013, 11:05 PM

what did you think about production?

It was pretty good. I liked it throughout the album.

Harry muthafuckin Fraud at it again, this time providing a dope ass beat for Joey Bada$$:
https://soundcloud.com/#harryfraud/joey-bad...day-in-the-life

Harry Fraud is dope.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 27 2013, 04:51 PM

-Frank is the man.
Rusty (ft. Domo Genesis  & Earl Sweatshirt): 4/5
-What?
-Wtf.

59.75/85 -> 3.51/5

Yep, I listened to Domo23 and I hated it, not sure if id like this album too much. Martians vs.Goblins, Yonkers, She, and Trouble on my Mind (ft. Pusha T) are still my favs.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Tyga - Hotel California

500 Degrees (ft. Lil Wayne): 2.75/5
-As is typical, Tyga is blessed with good production. However, he raps about nothing here. Believe it or not though, Wayne says "*****" an unorthodox number of times.
Dope (ft. Rick Ross): 2.5/5
-What's a mainstream rap album without a shitty Rick Ross feature?
Get Loose: 2.75/5
-Tyga really knows how to ruin a good beat.
Diss Song: 3/5
Hit’em Up (ft. Jadakiss & 2pac): 3.5/5
-I honestly don't hate this.
Molly (ft. Cedric Gervais, Wiz Khalifa & Mally Mall): 1.25/5
-Fuck no.
Fuck for the Road (ft. Chris Brown): 3.5/5
-I hate Chris Brown the person, but I can never find it in me to hate him when he sings hooks. He does have a decent voice for hooks, sadly.
Show You (ft. Future): 3/5
It Neva Rains (ft. Game): 2.25/5
-What the fuck is this hook.
M.O.E. (Music Over Everything) (ft. Wiz Khalifa): 1.5/5
Hijack (ft. 2 Chainz): 1.75/5
Get Rich: 2/5
-I zoned out here, honestly. But, from what I heard, it sucked.
Enemies: 2.5/5
-This sucked less.
Drive Fast, Live Young: 3.25/5
-This song a solid feel to it, honestly.
Palm Trees: 2.25/5
-"Give him hard dick one time and then that boy gone". I'm sorry, but what?

37.75/75 -> 2.52/5

I'll admit it; I didn't hate his debut album Careless World: Rise of the Last King, especially songs such as "Let It Show", "This Is Like", and "Kings & Queens". Those are all solid songs. However, this release is not good. At all. Not only does he rap about nothing, but he does so on beats that I consider to be pretty good, which makes it worse and even more painful. Tyga needs to stop with this shit.