Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 15 2013, 06:33 PM
I've loved everything Kanye has done since Graduation so I'm scared to listen to Yeezus in fear that I might not like it :lol:
If you actually liked 808's then you shouldn't have any problem liking this Tongue This album's worst song is as good if not better than 808's best song

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2013, 07:36 PM

If you actually liked 808's then you shouldn't have any problem liking this Tongue This album's worst song is as good if not better than 808's best song

I really liked 808s. I know it was a different style, but I thought it was great. I'll give Yeezus a listen soon enough.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 15 2013, 07:02 PM

I really liked 808s. I know it was a different style, but I thought it was great. I'll give Yeezus a listen soon enough.
Then you should like Yeezus. It's completely different in the same way 808's is. Instead of overuse of autotune he uses some more electronica beats but not to the point where it sounds like dubstep. It's just really good

I have noticed that a lot of people who dislike Yeezus only listen to typical hip-hop. Someone like me who appreciates a lot of music, loves the eclectic array of instrumentals and genres used.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 15 2013, 07:05 PM
I have noticed that a lot of people who dislike Yeezus only listen to typical hip-hop. Someone like me who appreciates a lot of music, loves the eclectic array of instrumentals and genres used.
I don't think it's that they only listen to typical hip hop, it's that they're not taking the album for what it is and are trying to push it into a certain genre which is a problem with an album like this

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2013, 04:13 PM

I don't think it's that they only listen to typical hip hop, it's that they're not taking the album for what it is and are trying to push it into a certain genre which is a problem with an album like this

that is pretty much what I am saying.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 15 2013, 07:17 PM

that is pretty much what I am saying.
Ah thought you meant it as saying they didn't like it because they only listen to conventional hip hop, my b

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 15 2013, 08:02 PM

Me too! Woo, not the only one!

Alright, so I have listened to Yeezus and here's what I got on just one run-through:

Good album, but it seemed I was disoriented throughout because of the change in music style. I missed a lot of the lyrics and it seemed like the first half of the album is a blur. I have to listen to it a couple of times to really get each song thoroughly. It definitely has potential so I'm hoping after listening to it some more, I'll really grab how good it can be.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2434...r-samsung-users

New Jay-Z album entitled "Magna Carta Holy Grail" coming out on July 7th (unless you have a Samsung Galaxy phone in which case it comes out on the 4th).

http://www.magnacartaholygrail.com/

THE GOAT

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 16 2013, 09:17 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2434...r-samsung-users

New Jay-Z album entitled "Magna Carta Holy Grail" coming out on July 7th [b](unless you have a Samsung Galaxy phone in which case it comes out on the 4th).
[/b]

And you are in the U.S. <_<

EDIT: Its an app!! Not Google Play. Free for first million users on the app. I guess I have to be up at 12 for July 4th!!

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Yeezus comes out and Magna Carta Holy Grail comes out like a month later? Beautiful Smile

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I've been listening to Yeezus non-stop, trying to get more out of it and it is beginning to grow on me. I don't think I would give it as good of a rating as you guys did (JT, Maxy, Spanga), but it has definitely made a better impression after listening to it multiple times. I'm not too big of a fan of the change in music in the songs, but it works for a lot of them, so I can't complain too much.

Born Sinner is also a good album which I am enjoying Smile

Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions for Kanye and Jay-Z stuff. From Kanye, I've listened to Cruel Summer, Yeezus and College Dropout whereas from Jay-Z I've listened to The Blueprint and The Blueprint 2.

Spangs told me to take a listen to Late Registration, Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and The Black Album. Was wondering if you guys have any other suggestions for Jay-Z or Kanye stuff. Would be greatly appreciated Smile