Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 25 2013, 03:55 PM

Leave. 3 strikes you're out. Sorry Leafs ol' buddy.

Tongue

Bite me doughboy :lol:

Honestly though, I understand how you can be taken aback from the Rihanna and Minaj albums. For me though, I don't care who the artist is or what genre, if I like the music I like it. I loved Rihanna's album, sue me. Pink Friday was pretty good, but not every song.

Now I understand those two and probably Chris Brown's, but LASERS? That album is amazing.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 5] [Pts 5] [+/- +7] [PIM 8] [Hits 16] [SB 94]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Hold my Liquor is my favorite song off of Yeezus for sure. I don't know why, but I really like Chief Keef's part and the song is great as a whole.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 25 2013, 03:13 PM

You might be into Schoolboy Q. Not overly lyrical, usually great production. Check out:

Kamikaze
Sacrilegious
Hands on the Wheel
There He Go
Yay Yay
Collard Greens
Hell of a Night

Yeah I like Hands on the Wheel and Collard Greens is okay. I'll check out the rest.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 25 2013, 04:13 PM

Honestly though, I understand how you can be taken aback from the Rihanna and Minaj albums. For me though, I don't care who the artist is or what genre, if I like the music I like it. I loved Rihanna's album, sue me. Pink Friday was pretty good, but not every song.

Now I understand those two and probably Chris Brown's, but LASERS? That album is amazing.

Have you ever heard Food & Liquor or The Cool by Lupe?

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 25 2013, 04:15 PM

Have you ever heard Food & Liquor or The Cool by Lupe?

No, LASERS was the first album I listened to. I've heard of Food & Liquor, but not The Cool.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 25 2013, 04:17 PM

No, LASERS was the first album I listened to. I've heard of Food & Liquor, but not The Cool.

Well, they're the reasons why I don't like much of Lasers.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 25 2013, 12:13 PM

Honestly though, I understand how you can be taken aback from the Rihanna and Minaj albums. For me though, I don't care who the artist is or what genre, if I like the music I like it. I loved [b]Rihanna's album
, sue me. Pink Friday was pretty good, but not every song.

Now I understand those two and probably Chris Brown's, but LASERS? That album is amazing.[/b]

For the first bold I liked the album alot.

For the second one:

[Image: The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif]

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 25 2013, 04:18 PM

For the first bold I liked the album alot.

For the second one:

[Image: The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif]

Hey, someone who agrees with my opinion on Rihanna's album Smile

You too? Am I missing something?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 25 2013, 03:08 PM

I'd say Kendrick Lamar and JCole but I don't think you'd like them since that doesn't appear to be your type of music. I don't really know anyone else who'd fit the criteria for what you'd listen to
Tried both those guys and it wasn't my thing. JayWhy actually showed me them. Have you guys heard of e-dubble? I like some of his stuff. Specific songs I like are...

Cycle of Nightmare
Down
Miracle
Changed My Mind (Love this song)
Let me oh
Loosen up
Be a King

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 25 2013, 03:21 PM

Tried both those guys and it wasn't my thing. JayWhy actually showed me them. Have you guys heard of e-dubble? I like some of his stuff. Specific songs I like are...

Cycle of Nightmare
Down
Miracle
Changed My Mind (Love this song)
Let me oh
Loosen up
Be a King
I've heard him, not a fan, his hooks are turrible. His rapping is decent but nothing special and his lyrics are the same

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 25 2013, 03:21 PM

Yeah sorry Leafs I'm not a fan of LASERS either. By far Lupe's weakest effort imo

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 25 2013, 12:21 PM

Going from Food and Liquor and the Cool to this, was a trainwreck. It is far to poppy and selloutish. It lacks the strong lyricism that I had become accustomed too. Even Lupe says he hated the album :lol:

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 25 2013, 04:28 PM

Going from Food and Liquor and the Cool to this, was a trainwreck. It is far to poppy and selloutish. It lacks the strong lyricism that I had become accustomed too. Even Lupe says he hated the album :lol:

Bah, what does Lupe know about good music Tongue

To each his own though, I love the album.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

I for one am excited for Syllable Sliding Vol 2. First time I'll get to see some Anilyst original shit instead of just re-using beats. From a couple songs I've heard he's slowed down and seems to be riding the beat which was my biggest issue with the first volume and I think it was the same for JayTee

Man I have to download those albums I said I would before Magna Carta or I won't get to listen to them :lol:

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]