Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

Dark Knight Rises (8.0/10)

good...not as good as the Dark Knight tho.
ill just say i didnt like the ending

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jul 23 2013, 08:14 PM
Dark Knight Rises (8.0/10)

good...not as good as the Dark Knight tho.
ill just say i didnt like the ending

It's the weakest of the trilogy, imo. After watching it a few times, the storyline holes add up. Plus, I was very much against a few choices they made in terms of plot line.

Watched This is 40.

Dragged on FAR too long, but it had its moments.

We Own the Night

Good movie - 7.5/10

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Grown Ups 2

I enjoy movies like this. I love Adam Sandler and his whole gang so it's not shocking that I liked it. The movie won't make you think deepy about anything or have you enamoured with the plot, but it's just a fun movie.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Anchorman

I don't need to review it. It's Anchorman

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

[Image: 220px-Trumanshow.jpg]

9/10 - Just absolutely love the movie. It is a weird one that really makes you think, but as Truman begins to get wise to everything, it is hard not to root for him. The drecting was great, Jim Carrey was funny and great, and all of the supporting actors did well. The movie is certainly funny, but is more than just a comedy.

[Image: 220px-The_Tenenbaums.jpg]

7/10 - Wes Anderson is truly on display here. The quirkiness of this family certainly shines through with great acting from the whole cast. Good, fun comedy here without a doubt. But, if you're going to watch this, be ready for it to be weird.

[Image: 215px-Confessions_of_a_dangerous_mind.jpg]

5/10 - The acting is good and the plot is interesting, but at the end of the day, it just falls a bit short. I am not a huge fan of Clooney as a director and the way the story is told is unappealing. I am most certainly not a prude, but boy did they ever show Chuck having sex a lot, way too much there. Overall, the movie is nothing more than ok.

[Image: 220px-Thor_poster.jpg]

7/10 - The special effects of this movie are really cool which really helps this one out a lot. The acting is good, and the plot is interesting as well. Only negative is that it's pretty much your typical superhero movie, it does nothing different despite Thor being a God rather than a superhuman. If that was different, then it undoubtedly would've been more enjoyable, even though as is, it's a pretty good movie.

[Image: 220px-Primal_Fear.jpg]

9/10 - The acting in this film is outstanding. Edward Norton was absolutely amazing and the twist really makes this better than your average courtroom drama. Really good film, kept me on the edge of my seat for sure.

[Image: 220px-Shooter2007Poster.jpg]

6/10 - The plot is definitely not plausible at all, but yet it was entertaining. The acting was good and there was definitely plenty of action. This is not a great film, but it is still very good entertainment.

[Image: 220px-Paidinfullposter.jpg]

6/10 - The acting was good, the directing was ok, but at the end of the day, it was the same old "hood" movie. Very predictable, which hurt the quality. Entertaining all the same.

[Image: 220px-HLposterUSA2.jpg]

6/10 - It was honestly nothing more than ok. The acting was really good and the directing was good, but at the end of the day, I'm not entirely sure what the plot was (yes, he disarms bombs, but it leads to nothing), which is an obvious turn off and it's honestly really slow at times. Unsure how this won an Oscar.

[Image: 220px-BartonFink.jpg]

7/10 - This is most certainly an odd movie. The acting and directing are predictably good and the plot is interesting for sure. A very cerebral film, this one is most certainly unsettling. Not sure how to react to this one other than; it is definitely a good film that will keep you intrigued throughout.

[Image: 220px-Goodfellas.jpg]

9/10 - Loved this film. Scorsese hits a home run as expected and the acting was absolutely tremendous. While I definitely prefer The Godfather (parts I and II), Goodfellas is definitely worthy of being called one of the best gangster films of all-time. Awesome stuff here.

Life of Pi

7.5/10

Stunning visuals, great ending and good story line. Slow start but gets good 45 minutes in.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

A double feature by Director William Kaufman Blink
Hey I like action movies :D
The Prodigy- shoestring budget, but entertaining No real names but, I liked the play off of the classic 'Invisible Man' 6.5/10
Sinners&Saints-Really good post Katrina NOLA..rogue cop vs.paramilitary thugs, lots of character actors
Great shoot outs , I gave it a solid 7/10

Anyone ever seen an import flick called The RAID:Redemption it's either philapino(sp?) or Malaysian or something. Got sickazz gunplay like a John Woo flick with chopsocky foo on top worth a rental. 5.5/10 :D

[Image: 220px-The_Goonies.jpg]

4/10 - Eh, it was alright I guess. Certainly a film directed more at kids than adults, the Goonies certainly provides some laughs and thrills along the way, but not enough to really make it worth your time. It honestly feels like a children's version of Indiana Jones with worse acting.

[Image: 215px-Happygilmoreposter.jpg]

3/10 - This one is funny at times, but nearly enough to make it truly worth your time. There are worse ways to spend 90 minutes, but there are also much better ways. At the end of the day, the plot is highly implausible, but the feel good aspect of it helps bringbthe film out of the gutter completely.

[Image: 220px-Trees_Lounge_film.jpg]

5/10 - Good acting and directing here, but there's simply no storyline. The movie finished and I was left wondering what it was supposed to be about.

[Image: 220px-John_grishams_the_rainmaker.jpg]

6/10 - Good acting from Damon and DeVito as expected and good directing from Coppola as expected. However, at the end of the day, the film does nothing to rise above your typical courtroom drama. In addition, as the film gets into the swing of things, it's quite slow and certainly did not need to be over 2 hours long.

[Image: 220px-Liar_Liar_poster.JPG]

8/10 - Absolutely hilarious film. Jim Carrey is top notch here as the laughs keep coming. Liar Liar is most certainly a hilarious, feel good story. In addition, the bloopers at the end of film ensure that the laughs truly go from beginning to end.

[Image: 220px-ShawshankRedemptionMoviePoster.jpg]

9/10 - Awesome film. The acting is outstanding, the directing is outstanding, and the plot is compelling and interesting. Definitely worthy of the tons of praise it gets.

Lawless

Great flick. Amazing acting from a stacked cast. Very brutal at times.

You will love to HATE Guy Pierce in this movie.......

Forgot to post the ones I watched last week:

[Image: 220px-Jackie_Brown70%27s.jpg]

8/10 - Jackie Brown is a well acted, well directed, and interesting film. Like all Tarantino films, it has many of his trademarks that make it clear who the director is. It is a little long, but regardless, it is a worthy follow up to Pulp Fiction.

[Image: 220px-Mohicansposter.jpg]

7/10 - This film is blessed with great acting, directing, and a great soundtrack. But, it is squandered by the forced and unnecessary elements of romance, which play a key role. The film would be better without it.

[Image: 220px-Incredible-Burt-Wonderstone-Poster.jpg]

7/10 - Not sure why all the hate for this film as it is quite funny. Sure, its got plenty of stupid humor and is pretty predictable, but regardless, it is refreshing to see a modern comedy that is funny without having to turn to raunchy humor. In addition, the acting is funny and well done. For what it is, the movie is a very fun and well done watch.

[Image: 220px-MissionImpossiblePoster.jpg]

6/10 - For a summer blockbuster, Mission: Impossible is pretty good, but at the end of the day, an implausible plot with implausible action scenes wind up hurting a well acted film. Overall, it is enjoyable, however.

[Image: 220px-RoundersPoster.jpg]

7/10 - Blessed with good acting, the cliche of the storyline and the constant jargon are the main pitfalls of the film and the reasons it falters in the end. However, I still liked this one.

<div align="center">[Image: olympus-has-fallen-poster-art.jpg]</div>

AWESOME,8.75/10..Gerard Butler doing Willis' John McClain type character.
SSDirector Jacobs:"..Is he alive?"
Banning:"Ask me a serious question?"
Strong cast ,Really great action sequences... :D

Haven't updated in a while, so here are the films I've watched since my last update:

[Image: 220px-The_Score_film.jpg]
8/10 - Overall, it's a good film. De Niro, Norton, and Brando, deliver great performances as usual in a film that is successful in getting you to root for the bad guys.

[Image: 220px-Jerry_Maguire_movie_poster.jpg]
8/10 - Really nice film. The acting is really good and the while the romance is most certainly filled with mush, it's not overbearing. Cuba Gooding Jr. does really well as the egotistic athlete and the ending (both sports-wise and romance-wise), will certainly leave you smiling.

[Image: 220px-Beverly_Hills_Cop.jpg]
7/10 - Definitely an entertaining movie that provides its fair share of laughs. Murphy is hilarious in his role and does really well acting-wise as well, Judge Reinhold is also quite goofy in his role. The main issue is that it can be kind of slow at times, though as a whole, this movie is certainly entertaining enough.

[Image: 220px-Four_brothers.jpg]
5/10 - It's not the worst movie ever, but at the end of the day, it was a possibly good crime drama that fell too much into a typical action movie plot with average acting at best. Still a solid source of entertainment regardless.

[Image: 220px-Big-fish-movie-poster.jpg]
2/10 - Not sure how there's so many positive reviews for this one. Honestly, it is quite horrible. The acting is ok and all, but at the end of the day, the story is just boring. It never hooks you in and winds up leaving you wondering why you ever decided to watch it.

[Image: 215px-FandlinLV.jpg]
7/10 - I admit, I almost turned this one off early on into the film, but I am glad I made it all the way through. The directing really makes you feel as if you are under the influence and really puts you into the mindset of Duke (Johnny Depp's character). As for the acting, it was quite good as well and Depp really played the role of the constantly under the influence writer very well. Only gripes were the utter lack of character development, which certainly hurts. The seemingly all over the place plot would normally be a gripe of mine as well, but in a film like this, it certainly makes a ton of sense.