Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

9 Days till my most anticipated album of the year :D Only comparable has been Yeezus

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

To bad cam niño spite
Terrible
Lines

He is AMA urban on comma nutty though

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 1 2013, 01:53 AM
To bad cam niño spite
Terrible
Lines

What?

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 1 2013, 01:53 AM
To bad cam niño spite
Terrible
Lines

Rather than my normal confusion of just not knowing what you just said... HOW DID YOU GET THE SQUIGGLY LINE OVER THE N?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

because the internet leaked..

masterpiece.

After 3 run throughs of this album, here are my thoughts.

- Production is very good.

- Gambino a pretty decent singer

- Features are great

- Gambino is still a terrible rapper

- His punchlines aren't clever

- Album is all over the place sonically and thematically.

- Worst rap album of the year for me.

- Also, how can he say he is leaving community to be a more serious rapper then actually be shittier at rapping than he was on Royalty? Also no one is going to take you serious with a song about World Star. That is some shit Lil B would do.

2.9/5

It's 2014, I just gave a ***** a G pack.
Nah it was 15, I told em give me a G back.
you aint hear a ***** this good since Kool G Rap
mind your B.I. 'fore you where B.I.G. at.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 3 2013, 03:14 AM

- Features are great

- Also, how can he say he is leaving community to be a more serious rapper then actually be shittier at rapping than he was on Royalty? Also no one is going to take you serious with a song about World Star. That is some shit Lil B would do.

2.9/5
Haven't listened to it, can't comment on the review or anything, but I can say about him leaving community. The main reason he's leaving Community, as he's said, is because he wants something of his own to work on and make big. He has that new show coming up on FX I believe, and so he doesn't have that much time to work on Community trying to make his own successful show. It's not to become a more serious rapper, it's to make something he can be proud of.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Dec 3 2013, 12:40 AM

Haven't listened to it, can't comment on the review or anything, but I can say about him leaving community. The main reason he's leaving Community, as he's said, is because he wants something of his own to work on and make big. He has that new show coming up on FX I believe, and so he doesn't have that much time to work on Community trying to make his own successful show. It's not to become a more serious rapper, it's to make something he can be proud of.

his other reason was to be taken serious as a rapper/musician and he didn't think that he coulda achieve that by being a comedian.

<div align="center">
[Image: 1468790_10153655880960601_105574910_n.jpg]

1|Pretty Hurts|5
2|Haunted|5
3|Drunk in Love ft. Jay-Z|4
4|Blow|4
5|No Angel|5
6|No Partition|4.5
7|Jealous|3
8|Rocket|5
9|Mine ft. Drake|2.5
10|XO|4
11|***Flawless|5
12|Superpower ft. Frank Ocean|4
13|Heaven|4
14|Blue ft. Blue Ivy|5
Total: 60/70 = 4.28</div>

Beyonce just dropped an exceptional album with no press, no promo, no single and no hype. The game has changed folks.

How I feel right now:

[Image: i8iGTJj83LeQB.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 3 2013, 03:14 AM

- Features are great

2.9/5
I enjoyed it. I love Camp more than this but it's growing on me. Definitely one of my faves this year especially songs like Pink Toes and Sweatpants and he can rap pretty well though he doesn't display it on this album. Bed Peace by Jhene he kills it on IMO. But to each their own I love Gambino as a rapper and this ones getting really mixed reviews which I like, he makes songs he likes he doesn't try to appease others he does what he wants and what he would like which I really respect as a lot of artists don't do that. The album is all over the place but it's supposed to be. It's just like the internet which is what he wanted. I think it's clever personally although I know others don't and that's fine

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 3 2013, 04:25 AM

his other reason was to be taken serious as a rapper/musician and he didn't think that he coulda achieve that by being a comedian.
He's doing a comedy series on FX so I don't think it's because he couldn't be taken seriously as a rapper but because it's his show on fx and he can make music when he wants and it's around his schedule not Dan Harmon's

Does anyone know of a site where I can download Anilyst's Syllable Sliding Vol 2? I'm having issues finding it on the web. I had a link once but I can't find it now

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/anilyst-syllab...tape.99936.html

Nevermind found it. Anilyst spitting more fire as usual!

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzxy7hzA1FQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzxy7hzA1FQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>