Create Account

More PBPs
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 12:55 PM by StamkosFan.)

I don't feel like writing a lot today so I'll keep it short and sweet

the last few years there haven't been enough PBPs for everyone who wanted one, which narrowed getting 8 TPE down to the luck of the draw. Especially when a series goes 4 or 5 games, then it's even worse and alternates don't even get a chance. I think to reflect our growing userbase we need to add more PBPs; everyone who wants one should be able to get one.

Some ideas for possible PBPs to add to claim are the semi finals, at least on the IIHF side. The potential for any game 7 in an SHL series to be a PBP, maybe even part of the SHL semi finals. Maybe regular season rivalry nights to shake things up.

Anyhow just wanted to toss this out there, feel free to discuss Smile

EDIT: people have also mentioned replacing PBPs with something like a picture chain, that's an idea as well

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

or get rid of them, pbps are awful and nobody likes them.

Find another way for +8 tpe (like my suggestions of a weekly picture chain)

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-10-2019, 12:33 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: or get rid of them, pbps are awful and nobody likes them.

Find another way for +8 tpe (like my suggestions of a weekly picture chain)

I thought Nobody was inactive?

In seriousness, I like them but accept I'm in the minority. I agree with Stammer's main point that it is very arbitrary who receives the finite amount of TPE they provide now. I'd love to see them expanded but understand, again, I'm in the minority and that ship has probably sailed. Removing them is probably the move but it would make me very sad.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

let's make every game a PBP :D

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Honestly, move to only PBPing potential cup winning games. Have people pitch their PBP ideas (Video game, Edited Highlights, text based, etc.). Give the PBPs to the best/most interesting ideas, pay them a lot of money instead of TPE. Make up the 8 TPE somewhere else that everyone has equal opportunity to.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Get rid of PBP's all together please

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

REgular season rivalry nights have always been something I'd like to see

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

We had way more PBP’s previously and then more people claimed them and we got progressively less effort PBP’s and the majority of the player base complained endlessly that playoffs were too long.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Im ok with more pbps if the games are updated in the index when its simmed. I dont want to wait even more to see the results.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

10-10-2019, 01:11 PMTommySalami Wrote: Honestly, move to only PBPing potential cup winning games. Have people pitch their PBP ideas (Video game, Edited Highlights, text based, etc.). Give the PBPs to the best/most interesting ideas, pay them a lot of money instead of TPE. Make up the 8 TPE somewhere else that everyone has equal opportunity to.

like my picture chain idea Smile

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I get wanting more opportunity to get PBP TPE but PBPs are so annoying if your team is involved I don’t think more would be a great idea.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

10-10-2019, 01:11 PMTommySalami Wrote: Honestly, move to only PBPing potential cup winning games. Have people pitch their PBP ideas (Video game, Edited Highlights, text based, etc.). Give the PBPs to the best/most interesting ideas, pay them a lot of money instead of TPE. Make up the 8 TPE somewhere else that everyone has equal opportunity to.

Hey I like this idea

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I like this a lot more than just trying to add enough games to claim!

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I actually think it's good to have a few sources of TPE that aren't obtainable across the board. I think PBPs have been a major focus of this sort of debate over the seasons, and this conversation always seems to kind of go in a circle.

Most people would probably agree that a good PBP is worth it, and they might also agree that PBPs have a serious issue with consistency. So on one hand you have people fighting to preserve and expand the good PBPs, but other people who feel like there aren't enough good PBPs. I've had the idea for a while to turn the PBPs into a site department, with a staff, responsible for presenting PBPs on a regular basis, as requested by the various leagues on the site. Creating a staffed department could open up a lot of opportunity for consistency, and more sharing of presentation ideas. They'd be paid $ like any other site job. TPE could then be given out to people watching/participating in the PBP thread, sort of like how some older weekend PTs were formatted, opening up more opportunity to spread TPE around a bit, without it necessarily being an across the board TPE source (like AC for example).

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

This is a great idea if we are going to stick with PBP's in some capacity.

PBP's can be fun when they are done well and people are around to participate in them. That doesn't happen that often imo, and just does little more than delay results getting out/extend the playoffs when most teams are just waiting for the next season.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]