Create Account

Crash and Crush!
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 04:52 AM by iOBESE.)

Crash and crush!

Finally the day had come - the day of the SMJHL draft. Few days before the draft Danila and his good friend Ruslan were joking and debating how should they show up to the draft ceremony. Several funny ideas were thrown around like actually finding and renting out a real Zaporozhets which is like Soviet Union Fiat 500. It would not just be funny due to the looks of the car, but also interesting for the fact that the name of the car is Ruslans surname and also the car was made in Danilas and Ruslans home country. But all of that was just talks and just two very excited boys planning their perfect draft entrance.

[Image: Do5pkTdX0AAdX2U.jpg]

The names were called one by one and at the beginning of the second round Danila finally heard a familiar name being called. Ruslan got drafted to Scarecrows as 13th overall. Expecting his name to come next, Danila was readying himself up to walk on the stage. Although in all the post draft interviews Danila was set on not placing no favorites as he did not want to be disappointed if not picked by the specific team, he still had hopes he would be able to play together with Ruslan. Ruslan was the only person he knew and he felt safer with him. Sadly he realized that he wont play together as there was no more picks for Scarecrows in the second round. One, two, three, four, five more names were called and Danila was yet to hear his. The second round was over!

Danila was still sitting there, disapointed in himself as he thought he showed himself as a good prospect, but obviously it was not the case if all the teams decided to skip him that far. Finally, almost midway of the thrid round, with overall 24th pick Danilas name was called. He was drafted by Kelowna Knights. Gathering all his frustration and hiding it inside he stood up and went on the stage. People that knew him probably could tell that he was not satisfied with his pick. It was nothing to do with the team that drafted him, but the number. As he smiled for the cameras, he made a promise to himself - "I will prove them wrong and regret not drafting me earlier!"

Not being in  mood to party he still went to celebrate Ruslan's successful draft. He had few sodas, but left the place soon after and went back to his hotel room to pack and get ready for the travel to Kelowna. Next day Danila said goodbyes to his bud Ruslan and left for Kelowna.

After arriving in Kelowna Danila kept contacts with Ruslan and updated his progress if not daily then every other day. The teams training camp started, then the individual training with coaches and teammates, practices and the league itself started. Danila had less and less time to get in touch with Ruslan and the same was for Ruslan.
The first regular season games were good and the team started the season on a very good wave. Danila was doing his best to build the chemestry with the team and in general to adjust to the difference from SKJHL style of hockey to SMJHL style.

The season was already midway and the team got few off days between the games and the coach gave everyone time off to enjoy themselves without training or practices. As working out and practising was the only things that Danila did since arriving, he was not sure how to spend his time. He decided to just stay at his place and maybe watch a movie or some tv show. After few episodes of "The Boys" Danila started to get bit lonely due to seeing the character of Annie having this connection with Hughie and the innocent attraction they were having. He picked up his phone, opened apple store and downloaded Tinder app and made a Tinder profile.

[Image: eEGCxiy.jpg]

Cluelessly he started to go through the girl profiles. Swiping left, left, left as he was not sure what exactly he was looking for if anything at all. After bunch of swipes left he stopped on a profile that caught his eyes. For some reason the girl in the picture seemed familiar and the name Elizabeth Doyle as well. He stared at the picture for some time and read her info. She was a goaltender in a team in Dublin, but he has never been in Ireland, nor has he followed any Irish ice hockey league to know her from there. He read further and what she wrote made him laugh. He like it! She gave a vibe of a strong and independent lady who knows what she wants and is not interested in some cheesy cheap-shot attempts on her. He swiped right and closed the app.

He continued to do what he was paid for and what he was focused on - proving everyone wrong. Finally a game against St. Louis Scarecrows came and Danila was excited to not only play against them but to see and play against Ruslan. Dan was sitting on the bench waiting for his time to go on ice and he heard the name of the Scarecrows goalie to be called - Elizabeth Doyle. Right away the Tinder girl popped into his mind. Both goalies, both around the same age. Nah, it could not be he thought to himself. That game was not great as he could not get the thoughts about the girl out of his mind. Middle of the game and a whistle went off and the game was paused. He looked at her as she removed her helmet to refresh herself and fix the helmet back on. It was her! He was so surprised how small is the world and how the stars align for him to find her on Tinder and then find out that they are actually closer than expected.

The game finished but Danila did not say nothing to her or Ruslan. He did not even approach her. He went back home with his team, but she did not leave his mind for many days, but he did not check the app to find out did she swiped right or not. He was afraid to know.

Yet again the life of Danila continued as normal and nothing changed. He had few more games against Scarecrows and with every time Danila fancied her more and more. The regular season finished and the playoff's started and as it was bound to happen the first team that Kelowna went against was Scarecrows.
[Image: blank-letter-and-envelope_263617.jpg]

Unfortunately Kelowna took a defeat with 4 loses and 2 wins and as Dan knew that it could be the last game against them and after that the off-season period would start to them, he wrote a letter. As the game was lost and Kelowna was out of the competition, Danila met with Ruslan after the game and gave him the letter, asking him to put it in Elizabeth's locker.

The letter said:

"
I tried to figure out how to come forwards to you for a long time and it never felt like the right time. It might be my shyness or maybe Im a little afraid of you as a women, remembering your text on Tinder, but now I feel like I have no time left to think about it and just have to act.

First time I actually noticed you was on a Tinder app and you impressed me, you made me laugh and right away interested in you. I have no idea did you see my profile and which side did you swiped, but I don't care. I want to take you out and do it the right way, not via some app that gives you 3 sentences to present yourself.

Hell, I dont even know am I doing this right and will you even agree to go out with me. Maybe this is just fool's hope, but I have to take it. So here I go!

Elizabeth Doyle - would you like to go out with me, probably after the playoffs?

If you agree then call me or send me a text on 202-555-0110.

Your admirer,
Danila Zhernov"

As that was done Danila went back to Kelowna and was awaiting a text or a call in hopes she says yes. It could be success or a total fail, leading to a probably awkward seeing next season.

======================

@Evok @CptSquall

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Awe yeah, Dan the man looking to make the moves.
Great read brother

[Image: CptSquall.gif]